[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell would even make me a girl?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: feels-bad-man-pink-dress.jpg (27KB, 560x760px) Image search: [Google]
feels-bad-man-pink-dress.jpg
27KB, 560x760px
I'm transgender because I "feel like a girl inside", right? But what is feeling like a girl? Having interests, personality, and socialization more typically associated with females? But then what about cis girls who have masculine interests, personality etc. i.e. tomboys? How can I call myself a girl when, whatever I think of as an example of what qualifies me as one, there exist cis girls who do not fit that example?

If a white person acts black in pretty much every conceivable way, they're still fucking white obviously, even if they take all the measures they can in order to appear black. So how does the same logic not apply to the question of whether I'm genuinely a chick?
>>
>>8773223
Body dysphoria.
>>
>>8773223
Actual trans women never contextualized as any type of male caste and thus are not "male socialized" in any way. But that doesn't sound like your case, does it?
>>
>>8773223
You're transgender because you identify as a girl. "feel like one" is vague and meaningless. Your feeling is that you identify as one.

That means your idealized self is female. Like a guy might idealize himself as more handsome, wealthy, fit and successful.

You're genuinely a chick because it's what you make yourself because it's what you identify.
>>
>>8773223
it's just social expectations.
fem guys aren't uncommon and you probably won't get much hate for it as long as you're not wearing dresses or anything. I think people will just assume you're gay or sensitive.

>>8773240
I'm very much used to acting like a dude socially but I feel more myself acting feminine. I've been working on my presentation, voice, posture and all that to un-learn the man behavior I've had for years
>>
>>8773259
You make very good points, although I still am confused about what's stopping the same logic from applying to other things such as ethnicity. If a non-Hispanic identifies themselves as Hispanic because that's how they idealize themself, they'd still not be Hispanic, right? Because even though this person may fit in better with Hispanics and feel more connected to their culture etc., their background, ancestry, and DNA are not Hispanic. But how come it's different when we replace "Hispanic" with "girl"?
>>
>>8773405
There are people who adopt other cultures.

The comparison doesn't work exactly, but you can imagine that "trans Hispanic" cultural admirers don't claim to be ethnically Hispanic the same way trans girls don't claim to have been born female.
>>
Expecting to have female body parts
Hating your male body parts
Reoccurring dreams that you're female
Waking up depressed and hopeless that you're male
Wanting to kill yourself because you're male
Not wanting to kill yourself anymore because you've started hormone therapy
Feeling happy because you're developing female traits
Looking forward to the future.

Sorry smashed my phone and using brick replacement with hard to access punctuationw
>>
>>8773240
Cara, I agree with you, but damn, change your wording. I never saw myself as a true male. For I long time I felt 'other' to most boys. I didn't feel the same way they did about things. This is 'contextualization'. I knew most of my values were feminine but guys can have a feminine mindset r-right? This plus dysphoria = trans.
>>
>>8773557
That's a good point. I just see a lot of terfs using a race/ethnicity argument to argue that someone biologically male cannot be a girl, or saying how since there's no core piece of one's personality that makes them a girl, that being trans must be a delusion then. After reading those kinds of arguments I start to wonder what makes me a girl other than the desire to be be one.

You make a great point that one makes themself a girl by indentifying as one through idealization, and that being trans doesn't mean claiming to be born female. Thank you for your help.
>>
>>8773805
I'm happy to help, anon. I hope /tttt/ can always be a place to come for people who want to hear the other side after terf arguments get to them.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.