[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depression & mental illness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: ehhhwhat.jpg (70KB, 482x780px) Image search: [Google]
ehhhwhat.jpg
70KB, 482x780px
What does it mean to be depressed? How do you know if you are depressed and not just having an edgy personality? Maybe my anti-depressants are not working because the problem is my personality?

I'm pretty sure that you must have at least some sort of deviation from a stable mind to go to a site like this so tell us what kind of mental problems you are going through right now and what are you doing about it.
>>
>what kind of mental problems you are going through right now
PDD, paranoia and autism.
>>
>>8770353
>paranoia
Describe pls. Also are you taking any chemicals?
>>
Not an exact science, but health care professional use questionnaires such as the PHQ9 to determine the likelihood of depression:
http://www.psycho-oncology.info/PHQ9_depression.pdf

Take the test. Anything over 10 is generally indicative of some degree of depression.
>>
>>8770336
This thread isn't on-topic for this board.
>>
>>8770374
Yeah I've taken plenty of those at doctors/psychologists and I'm already on meds but not really sure if the problem is depression but instead just some edgyness

>>8770377
there was a YLYL thread also here, would you consider it on-topic? I thought since the suicide statistics are pretty high then there must be some mental illness
>>
>>8770336
>some sort of deviation from a stable mind
I've been on the internet since the late 90s, bouncing from forum to forum/chatroom to chatroom, and I have always preferred to hang out in the ones where people have the most freedom to express themselves honestly. IMO, a "stable mind" should be able to tolerate a difference of opinion.

Regardless, I've had some experience with depression, back when I was fat, lazy, and directionless in my life. For me it wasn't really a "sadness", it was an "emptiness". It was like absolutely everything was devoid of all meaning and nothing in life had any purpose or worth. I couldn't even lay in bed and sleep because sleep was useless. The only thing I had at the time that would help me get out of it was drinking or doing drugs, which just made it worse when they wore off.
Eventually what actually worked to get rid of it was the obvious crap everyone always tells you. Eat right, exercise, get plenty of sleep. In general, live healthy.
>>
>>8770369
Trouble opening up to people 'n shit, automatically thinking that people are not nice.

No meds yet
>>
File: IMG_0531.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0531.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>8770415
Oh yeah well I can relate to that but maybe you should you label it as paranoia from that only?
Unless you are acting strangely because of your paranoid thoughts

I'm really suspicious of people, you could maybe even call me cynical but I do believe that people in general are pretty shitty and unless they prove they're not then I can't trust them

self-diagnosing is really stupid I should just get psychotherapy since that option is available to me
>>
Bipolar II and ADD bad enough it makes me a dangerous driver because I can't pay the fuck attention to the road. Been going on since I was nine, when it manifested as regular depression, hypomania came in my early 20s. So I've... been around the mental health block. Drugs are great, would recommend. But my case is hilariously biological, my only sibling and my dad have similar problems and are also on drugs, his mother had some sort of mood disorder, and I've apparently got a great uncle who threw himself off a bridge at age 32 for no apparent reason, so yeah. Hereditary brain problems.

Therapy (CBT in particular) is probably better if like you say, it's a personality thing and not a brain thing. What makes you say it's that and not actual depression?

And what antidepressants are you on? Are you sure the dosage is high enough / have you tried other drugs?
>>
File: vuosaari-nordsjö.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
vuosaari-nordsjö.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>8770482
I used to take citalopram like 40mg or something but got off it and started bupropion 300mg now idk really if they affect me anyhow.

I was about to kill myself but I was stopped (they probably didn't know what I was doing but still) and now the only thing that's stopping me from kms is the thought that I'm not allowed to do that

>captcha: select images with bridges
Site is telling me to do it obv
>>
>>8770482
cont. >>8770602

As for other drugs, the only thing I've ever tried was weed and diazepam "abuse" but only a few times really. If they were more readily available, I would probably do the shit out of drugs
>>
>>8770437
>unless they prove they're not
in which case they're faking it.

No I haven't been officially diagnosed with PPD but I score very high on paranoia and hostility on official tests.
Very likely to be caused by deeper issues though.
>>
>>8770671
>deeper issues
It sucks when you don't know why you are messed up in the head - would be a lot easier if you knew
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.