[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which stage of psychosocial crisis did you get stuck on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: erikerikson.jpg (145KB, 550x489px) Image search: [Google]
erikerikson.jpg
145KB, 550x489px
Post letter of lgbt + mtf/ftm if t and stage you get stuck at, please refer to pic.
>>
>>8769765
>relate to all from 2 to 8
>mtf
>>
>>8769765
B(maybe G, former T)
Intimacy vs. Isolation, I've passed Identity vs. Role Confusion a short while ago.
>>
>>8769788
What made you choose not to transition?
>>
33, Queer guy

Stuck at Intimacy vs. Isolation, though my teens sucked I still had an identity and graduated high school.

Relationships have always been rough. I've had 13 sexual partners, 1 failed marriage, 1 failed engagement, a bunch of short term relationships, 3 long-term relationships that didn't go to engagement, etc. I'm working on a graduate degree right now and living with my parents because I'm broke as fuck while working on this graduate degree. Most people don't want to date a guy in his 30's who is still in school and living with his parents...and I still have 3 years of school left...
>>
>>8769765
Cis gay male. Intimacy vs Isolation. Have never been able to hold down a relationship longer than 7 months
>>
I don't know what any of this shit means.
My current stage in life is attempting to organize a group of people for a mass collective living effort while managing transition.
>>
>started transition and am currently transitioning in the "Identity Role & Confusion" phase

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>8769765
B, and if anything I'd have to say industry vs inferiority
>>
>>8769765
T
industry vs inferiority
kill me
>>
>>8769765
MtF, 19, Intimacy v. Isolation.
It's less of a crisis concerning deep relationship between my lover and I, and more the kind of people and my relationships with my 'peers' I guess. I have a lot of trouble with most people being far too distant when I deeply desire deep friendships yet people can be absolutely horrible so do I want to be around them?
>>
32, Bi FtM

Definitely the "intimacy vs. isolation" stage makes sense to me. I missed out on some early dating experiences that most people have and I'm worried I will not find a long-term partner. On the other hand, I also feel like I'm slowly reaching a point where I'd be okay with being single for the rest of my life. It helps that I'm extremely introverted, so "isolation" is not as unhealthy for me as it is for some others.

I've also been really worried about my life's work being meaningful before I go for many years now, so the "Generativity vs. Stagnation" stage I am probably going to enter soon.

So not stuck, I guess. I'm at the right age.
>>
>>8769765
G

autonomy/shame & doubt
>>
>>8771163
I relate to your intimacy vs isolation stuff. Most nights I am happy just playing vidya or shitposting on this site. It's been well over a year since I've been to gay bars or clubs and even longer that I went to one and actually enjoyed the experience. I somewhat want to date but find the whole experience tedious and not worth the payoff since it inevitably doesn't work out anyway and I am generally satisfied with my current life so I don't crave it like most people do it seems. I think I've fallen victim to extremely advanced apathy or maybe just nihilism- like I *know* I should be striving to be more social but my current life situation is acceptable so there is no real drive. My life situation is changing in about a month and I will be forced to be more social though so maybe that will kick start something.
>>
>>8769765
Trust vs. Mistrust.
LUL im a babby
>>
>>8769765
mtf 21, all of them
>>
>>8771243
What's happening in a month?
>>
>>8771908
I'm on an internship in another town for the summer so it makes it easy to be reclusive when you don't know anyone--still have options just don't pursue them. Internship ends next month and I'll be back in school in my own town around familiar faces again.
>>
>>8769765
I didn't get stuck.

First I noticed that I was just too girly, and shit was up.

Then I realized I'm not a fucking leaf.

Then I realized I cannot fucking stand being a guy, can't stand the prospect of being a man, and all that shit that comes with it.

Then I realized I'm not a fucking leaf, only much harder.
>>
>>8770648
it means transtrenders will forever be stuck in that category. If you are trans and transition and pass then you move on to the next stage in development which is intimacy vs isolation. Which most actual transsexuals have to deal with because transtrenders and queer types think they are trans and have identity issues which makes society not want to date us even though straight men are secretly fine with it, they just think we are all crazy because of the queers defacing our reputation into the dust. I have not experienced the last 2 stages because I'm 24 so I can't even relate to that yet.
>>
>>8769790
Dialectical behavioral therapy. Did you not see my remark about identity diffusion?
>>
>>8770609
https://www.simplypsychology.org/Erik-Erikson.html
>>
>>8772935
HORSE SHIT!

There is no way getting clobbered with some gultmongering, self diminutivizing bhudism derived therapy can mean CHOSING not to transition. Don't be making shit up at however many people to exalt your talkie-couch-mommy, who the hell do you think you are to try to use us as tools, as extras in a story that you need to lecture yourself about how right, lovable and powerful your trainers are?
>>
>>8773245
Triggered, bitterhon?
The facts are that curing the dreaded AGP is possible.
Don't trap yourself.
STOP FAPPING. START LIVING!
The buddhists have the right idea.
Meditate instead.
>>
o no I'm on the shit side for every one of these
>>
>>8770581
>Queer guy
what does that mean?
>>
>its another episode of getting so depressed you cant go out for food
>>
>>8774615
Shut the fuck up.

Or say something. No pressure whatsoever! Do feel free to actually say something!

But be sure take your bloated collection of regurgitated slogans and shove it 3 feet up your ass.
>>
>>8774615
>The facts are that curing the dreaded AGP is possible.
[citation needed]
>>
>>8769774
>same
>biscum alcoholic
>>
File: Suicide Prevention Method 4.jpg (33KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide Prevention Method 4.jpg
33KB, 600x476px
>>8769765

Intimacy vs Isolation and everything past it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.