[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 genders.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 6AtJWkA_d.jpg (5KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
6AtJWkA_d.jpg
5KB, 160x160px
Does anyone actually argue that there are more than two genders, or is it just a meme people try to use?

You have male and female. People who are a-gender just staight up don't have a gender, it's not a 3rd gender. Transgender means you changed genders, so it's still just 2.
>>
>>8767192
There are four genders:
>gynephilic
>androphilic
>AGP
>AAP
>>
>>8767192
there are three (3) genders
male
female
femboy
>>
>>8767368
what about tomboys
>>
File: IMG_0374.jpg (30KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0374.jpg
30KB, 500x450px
>>8767192
There are 3 genders:
>male
>female
>Canadian applicant
>>
>>8767378
you mean tomgirls
>>
>>8767192
Gender is a societal construct that is influenced by sex and also other environmental and genetic factors.

Western society traditionally uses two genders to cover these variations, but other societies have/do use more to cover them, an example would be the the societies where effeminate men are counted as a third gender or some of the American Indian tribes where there are 4 genders (including effeminate men and masculine women).
>>
>>8767378
>>8767407
Tomboys and Tomgirls of Virginia?
>>
>>8767192
I don't necessarily argue there are tons of genders but I think to say there are people who are in-between is perfectly valid. I mean, I think most people who argue against there being more than 2 generally have a pretty simplistic way of viewing gender, gender is more than just biology and is pretty important to the way people interact with the world. When people say there are more than two they don't mean that there's something other than penises and vaginas, they mean that not everyone fits into one of two labels comfortably, there is always nuance. There's also people (like myself) who do have gender dysphoria but can't see themselves transitioning to the other side, I don't feel like a woman and I think it would more or less cause me the same amount of dysphoria but about different things.
>>
File: fotolia_1000570_XS[1].jpg (58KB, 487x600px) Image search: [Google]
fotolia_1000570_XS[1].jpg
58KB, 487x600px
>>8767378
I think you mean tomcats
>>
>>8767192
>male
>female
>intersex

That's about it, and even the third is in question depending on the person.

Anything else is just stupid as fuck
>>
File: 1503027824264.jpg (257KB, 1200x859px) Image search: [Google]
1503027824264.jpg
257KB, 1200x859px
>>8767469

I really wish the marxists would stop teaching people this shit. It is pure identity politics and has no scientific basis.

This is how you end up with a 50% suicide rate. Believing in this shit doesn't make people happier. It only encourages body mutilation and eventual suicide.

My single greatest wish would be for Trump do deny any federal funding to any university that taught this shit - AND to deny federally backed student loans to students wanting to attend those universities. If you want to get brainwashed with marxist propaganda, you can do it at your own expense.
>>
>>8773389
Get the fed out of education you yankee bastard.
>>
>>8767400
"I wish to not disclose" isn't a gender?
>>
>>8773408

In time, but let's send a message first.

He can get the fed out of education entirely during his second term.
>>
>>8773426
A message saying what, that state's rights are subject to political expedience? I bet that's exactly the kind of message you'd like him to send.
>>
>>8767192
Male and female are sexes.

Define your genders, please. If there are but 2, it should be ridiculously simple.
>>
>>8773389
>accuses others of identity politics
>whines about marxists

>claims gender has no scientific basis
>uses the "50% suicide rate" distortion
>>
>>8767192
I'd only argue there are more than 2 genders when certain societies are being discussed.

Eunuch used to be a legal gender across the Byzantine Empire and the Muslim world. Eunuchs had a very distinctive social role that was deemed untenable by males or females. Prime example being the Greek-born Janissaries, who were warrior Eunuchs entrusted to safeguard the Ottoman Empire, and step in as leaders and warriors when rebel upstarts attempted to seize power from the Sultan.

Eunuch was also an official gender of China. Eunuchs were the foundation of the Chinese nation state and ran pretty much the entire country. From its economy to its military, each and every man answered to a Eunuch and the Eunuchs answered only to the emperors.

Hijra is still a legally recognized gender in India an fulfills a specific religious role in Hinduism. They are regarded as neither male nor female, and their "sacrifice" is considered important to please certain deities.

So yes, in some places more than 2 genders existed. As for the modern western world, not so much.
>>
>>8773540
The most I've seen acknowledged in a society is the Indonesian bugis who have 5 gender distinctions.
>>
As a cis straight white male, I love Tomboyish girls. Don't you dare say they are a different gender, faggots.
>>
U.K. mtf here

I don't believe it but

Or gov funded GIC accept and treats them
>>
>>8773540
this is the real shit. try telling white nbs that they're culturally appropriating from oppressed people of color

>>8776298
they're gone, bro. move on or go back to the 90s.

>>8776318
thanks for the waiting lists, genderspecials
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.