[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the health risks of starting HRT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1502734442124.jpg (3KB, 163x169px) Image search: [Google]
1502734442124.jpg
3KB, 163x169px
What are the health risks of starting HRT?
>>
>>8757953
Depends if you self med or not.

If you go through a doctor it's his job to make sure the stuff you're taking is safe, or at least low risk for you.
>>
DVT/stroke is the major risk.
Osteoporosis is a meme.
You will have much lower risk of prostate and breast cancer compared to both natal males and natal females respectively (unless you are XXY, in which case your breast cancer risk is 55 fold higher then a natal male and somewhere closer to natal women. This is regardless of your choice to take HRT).
Migraines are more likely if you already experience them.
>>
>>8757968
Even if you self-med you can still get blood tests and do it perfectly safely.
>>
>>8757985
You can, but it's up to you to know what to do. Ultimately you're still not a doctor.

But yes, self med is fine if you do it correctly.
>>
You'll make melodramatic threads about your skin falling off and HRT ruining your life.
>>
>>8757975
So... If i keep a "healthy" routine or at least eat right, i'll decrease the changes of having a dvt/stroke?

Are these caused by E, right? What if i'm on a lower E dose? (2mg/day, femboy)
>>
>>8758225
Yes, being healthy reduces your risk for stroke. This is regardless if you're on HRT.

Most of the risk is from estrogen. Antiandrogens are hard on the kidneys or liver long term so you should consider an orchiectomy in the future.

>femboy

I wouldn't. But it's your call.
>>
>>8757953
Boys will try to kiss you
>>
File: 1403952486590.jpg (99KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
1403952486590.jpg
99KB, 426x341px
>>8758277
>>
>>8758277
How do I get mtfs to try to kiss me? ? ?
>>
>>>8758277
convince them they look like real girls
>>
>>8757953
The main risk being that it doesn't cure dysphoria at all in almost all cases.

Other risks include: Higher chance of suicide, blood clots, liver damage, underlying mental illnesses not being treated and much more that I don't care to list here.

Transition has no long-term proven benefits.
The traditional narrative pushed by /mtfg/ and bitterhons is wrong. Check out /repgen/, and seek the cure rather than falling for bitterhon lies.
>>
>>8760431
I thought this was a serious post until the copypasta started

OP just listen to >>8757975
>>
>>8757953
No endocrine system if you ever detrans.

>>8757968
>If you go through a doctor it's his job to make sure the stuff you're taking is safe, or at least low risk for you.
lolno
>>
>>8758628
i wish i could know this too.
>>
>>8757953
becoming a degenerate faggot
getting played by (((them)))
losing everyone who ever cared about you
inevitably killing yourself in a few years
>>
>>8757953
Failing to treat your underlying mental illness.
Seek help from a real doctor, not a """gender therapist""", and get on pimozide to treat your delusions
>>
>>8757953
suicide, but that's probably the case if you don't start

>>8760602
>copypasta
is it really a copypasta? it was funny maybe the first time but why does it get posted on every single thread related to this topic?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.