[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you ever date someone with BPD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: Disappointed-guinea-pig.gif (3MB, 392x220px) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed-guinea-pig.gif
3MB, 392x220px
Would you ever date someone with BPD?
>>
>>8751960
yep. i have before so i sort of know what to expect when entering a relationship with someone who has BPD.
>>
File: 1502978531665.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502978531665.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
My little sis has bpd. As long as she takes her meds, shes's a really sweet person who loves to help people. The only problem is when she misses the crazy highs and lows of bpd, and stops medicating.
So I guess as long as they took their pillz I wouldn't care
>>
>>8751960
No, never.
>>
>>8751960
yes
>>
>>8751981
Is she BPD or bipolar?
>>
File: 84495538.jpg (67KB, 749x521px) Image search: [Google]
84495538.jpg
67KB, 749x521px
>>8752047
Oh, it's full Borderline
>tfw watching her have a full tantrum on the floor of Wal Mart
>screaming and beating her fists on the tiles
>she got mustard on her dress
>she's 17 years old
>mom thinks this is fucking normal
Like I said it's better now tho
>>
Date? No.
String along and pretend that I love them for sex? Probably.
>>
Bottem line is that BPD makes people incapable of really feeling love.
It's a waste of time to try and date them.
>>
>>8751960
BPD doesn't exist.
>>
>>8752106
I'm >>8751981 and this just isn't fair or true. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with someone who wasn't managing their illness, but dehumanizing people like that is awful.
>>
Tried it for 3 months, found out she was cheating on me with 2 guys. She told me she was a gold star lesbian and everything. Fuck her though because now she's got 2 kids with fetal alcohol syndrome and her bf beats her.
>>
BPD means nothing these days. It's overdiagnosed out the wazoo toward anyone a little impulsive, prone to temper tantrums or dissociative. Back in the 80's BPD was something fucking serious, it was a diagnosis you only gave to the goners of the goners like Jeffery Dahmer and Syd Barrett. People who never had a shot at rehabilitation.

Nowadays like ~60% of supposed "BPDs" are treated. This makes no sense as a diagnosis. Every other personality disorder's treatment rate is in the low digit percentile, but not borderlines!

People who tell you they're BPD are usually just depressed. Many of them are LARPers or special snowflakes that will spam symptoms lists they don't understand at you to try and "prove" their self-diagnosis is valid. People who are actually BPD? You know they are, right away. They don't need to tell you. And you should stay the fuck away.
>>
Never again. The last one was terribly abusive.
>>
>>8752130
Congrats on being a babysitter to a ticking time bomb I guess?
>>
My mom has BPD. Fuck that stupid bitch. I've cut off all contact with her and can't wait for the day she finally kills herself and rots in hell so she stops trying to stalk me.

The answer is no, I wouldn't date or even be friends with a borderline because they are the scum of the Earth and need to be killed off.
>>
>>8752149
>2 kids with fetal alcohol syndrome and a beater bf
What a life. Fuck. You dodged a bullet there.
>>
>>8752811
They're on here, I don't know how much you can really state they "dodged the bullet"... :^)
>>
>>8752814
Being a boring weirdo channer is a lot less of a bullet than two screaming spawn and a weekly black eye
>>
I'm the one with BPD in the relationship.

It's so hard to not completely self destruct it ngl. But if you're with the right person, a steady relationship can help someone with BPD so much. My gf is amazingly supportive and I've never been more mentally healthy than when I'm with her. She was the first person I met to never trigger splitting in me. Yeah times still get rough but she's so amazingly understanding. I've not done anything self destructive in months, I no longer wanna drink till I pass out everyday, I don't wanna self harm, I just wanna improve myself for her and give back a fraction of what she gave me
>>
>>8752767
I'm borderline and you know nothing about me. Saying I should be killed off because I'm scum of the Earth is extremely antisocial.
>>
>Would you ever date someone with BPD?
I've given up on dating
>>
>>8751960
yes, but only if they're self aware. My gf has BPD and it can be very frustrating to deal with but she copes with it very very well even unmedicated. The therapist actually said that transitioning might even help with her BPD.
>>
>>8752906
>It's so hard to not completely self destruct it ngl.
implying i'd let you.
>>
>>8751960
I did once

never again
>>
>>8751960
Hell no. BPD is the worst kind of crazy.
>>
>>8752906
>>8753531
I'm jealous
>>
>>8752130
Can't dehumanize the inhuman.
>>
yes, they're not evil. though such a relationship must be troubling; i'm afraid i wouldn't be able to handle everything such a person expresses in a way comfortable to them. i had a BPD friend who'd voice call me on skype with suicidal thoughts at 5am and i didn't know how to act or react not to enable their bad feelings. i'm slightly autistic and it made it even more awkward. we don't talk anymore because i insulted her by mistake ;_______; she got super mad and sad and there's a chance that i killed her actually ;-; ughh so maybe no though? but i don't want to be an asshole to people who have problems and discriminate them on that matter…
>>
Depends on the person/how severe it was. It's cluster B and the only people I've known with it have been pretty shitty, though if they're self aware and manage it then why not I guess
>>
>>8751974
exactly the same as you dude. i've been with someone with bpd before and am currently with someone who has it.
>>
>>8751960
Never ever ever again.

I'm a trans girl who was in a relationship with a feminine gay guy with BPD (which I didn't realize at the time) and it was a nightmare.
Three months into the relationship, he was unable to leave me alone and would talk to me for up to 8 hours a day unless he couldn't find me. He did this almost every day for two years. I broke up with him after 6 months, because I hoped it would get better. At the worst of it he punched a hole through my window and went to ER for stitches.

He seriously fucked me up. If it wasn't the emotional manipulation it was his serious daddy issues.
>>
>>8761186
im crazy

t. gf
>>
>>8760608
What was the mistake insult
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.