[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

POLL: Do you have any trans family members?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: qmark.png (109KB, 219x221px) Image search: [Google]
qmark.png
109KB, 219x221px
http://www.strawpoll.me/13747697
>>
>>8750730
second cousin
>>
>>8750730
Fuck off NSA
>>
>>8750730

I do. One of the children of a great uncle, I think. I have not seen her in maybe a decade and a half, so I just assumed she transitioned by now.
>>
I don't know why, but I had expected more people to pick the "Maybe" option with the reasoning that their dad once wore a dress or something.
>>
>>8751036

most people pretty much stay within the expectations of their gender, and if they stray from it they don't exactly spread it around
>>
>>8751036
>with the reasoning that their dad once wore a dress or something.
Eww, how would we even know?
>>
>>8751158
Do you people not live in places where men occasionally crossdress for various events? O_o
>>
>>8751180
no?

In America, or at least my part of it anyways, it just isn't something that really happens
>>
>>8751204
America, or at least your part of it, sounds boring. :V
>>
>>8751180
>>8751268
Anon are you on HRT?
>>
>>8751269
Of course.
>>
>>8751286
Should I refer to you as a she?
>>
>>8751268
>tfw ywn live somewhere crossdressing is common place and encouraged and a socially acceptable outlet for your agp
>>
>>8750730
when I came out as trans my dad said some people in his family went through the same thing, I've never heard anything of these people or seen them once, my moms family is pretty much estranged and I know nothing of them and she refuses to talk about them
>>
>>8751292
No. I'm not socially transitioning (because I don't have significant social dysphoria and also am a hon. big downsides, no upsides), so that'd be weird. :V

>>8751311
It's not *common place*. It just something that people sometimes do. I think my dad went to a sport event where men had to crossdress or something.
>>
>>8751323
>No. I'm not socially transitioning
Neither am I but I still like being called a she.
>>
>>8751323
I'll respect your choice but I think you should give this some thought. Being seen as what you are, even if only on the internet, can make you feel better.
>>
>>8751330
I don't. It probably ties into the "I don't have significant social dysphoria" thing.

>>8751346
I'm not a woman if I don't actually transition.
>>
>>8750730
Dad's trans, one of my cousins is nonbinary, and one of my brothers was GNC as a kid. We've also got pictures of my dad's parents at a drag event back in the 60's.
>>
>>8751377
>on HRT
>not transitioning
Anon I...
>>
>>8751384
>I'm not a woman if I don't actually transition.
HRT shuffles your brain around in a very real way. Even if you don't believe that you were born somehow abnormally womanly you've made yourself womanly by your own actions. You're a transwoman now, however you present.
>>
>>8751419
Obviously intended for
>>8751377
>>
>>8751419
So you're saying the HRT makes me need to be called "she" or something? I don't buy it.
>>
>>8751473
Don't you call cis people she because they are hormonally female?
>>
>>8751488
not survery anon, but I call cis women she because they prefer to be called she
>>
>>8751488
No? Not in general. What made you think that?
>>
>>8751473
No one *needs* to be called anything, but I dispute your claim that you're not a transwoman.
>>
>>8751508
I'm at an ambiguous inbetween place between trans woman and cis man.
>>
>>8751516
I think of these things biologically rather than socially. I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable but you sound like you're in denial. Present how you like and I'll call you how you like but please give this some thought.
>>
>>8751516
>enbyshit
>>
File: hsts_ftm.jpg (90KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hsts_ftm.jpg
90KB, 675x1200px
>>8751534
I'd be the biggest trender if I wasn't a hon.

>>8751532
But socially is more important. :V
>>
>>8751774
I think that what counts is what you are inside and that hormones definitely affect that.
>>
>>8750730
There are 4 other trans women in my extended family.
>>
>>8751774
>AGP
>trender
>>
>>8752612
He's not a trender. Just a delusional pervert.
>>
>>8752608
>inb4 trans is a delusion with no biological factors
>>
>>8752608
All related to each other or some unrelated (cousins on different sides of the family, etc)?
>>
>>8752619
She's not delusional or perverted.
>>
>>8752656
>agp
>not delusional or perverted
kek
>>
>>8752660
>reality is what I say it is
>not more delusional then anyone with a fetish

Keep staring at the wall while you figure out the observer paradox
>>
>>8750730
Don't you worry that there will be selection bias because those who would answer yes on your survey are more likely to click on the link than those who would answer no? Or is this a primer to see if a bigger survey is worth doing?

>>8751377
If you're getting your idea from >>8732424, I'd like to take credit for that. Maybe I shouldn't shill but I've seen the idea gain some traction
>>
>>8752596
Meh, the original argument >>8751346
was that I would like female pronouns because I was somehow a woman, but I don't think hormones affect which pronouns I prefer in that way. If you want to define "trans woman" as being on MtF HRT, then you do that. I don't care. :V

>>8752612
"""Trenders""" tend to be AAP, probably. I'd be, like, a reverse-trender. Be all genderbendy, have short hair and dress in men's clothes, etc.. I mean, I still dress in men's clothes now, but I'd do it in an obnoxious trender-ish "hey look at me, I'm a gender confusion" way.

>>8752716
>Don't you worry that there will be selection bias because those who would answer yes on your survey are more likely to click on the link than those who would answer no? Or is this a primer to see if a bigger survey is worth doing?
I definitely worry about that (and adjacent things, like "what if people are manipulating the poll"). If I didn't, I'd already have posted these results everywhere, since this is a pretty strong effect.

>If you're getting your idea from >>8732424 →, I'd like to take credit for that. Maybe I shouldn't shill but I've seen the idea gain some traction
I think I've posted similar things before your comment.
>>
>>8755417
>"""Trenders""" tend to be AAP, probably.
That's not what Trent said.
>>
File: trentaap.png (7KB, 322x105px) Image search: [Google]
trentaap.png
7KB, 322x105px
>>8755435
Yes it is.
>>
>>8755540
>but I can't remember half the stuff I've said
Quite the middle finger to everybody on /tttt/ who's listened to him.
>>
>>8755553
Do you remember everything you post? Because I don't remember half of what I write...
>>
>>8755636
He's not going to understand. He stalks people and records every single little thing they say in order to try and "GOTCHA" later. He doesn't understand how real people think, because he's never looked inside himself and consider how he thinks, and then compared it to how others behave. All he knows is memes.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.