[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/transgen/ - transgender general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 8

File: b_1_q_0_p_0(2).png (484B, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
b_1_q_0_p_0(2).png
484B, 800x400px
This new general is a try at replacing both /agpg/ and /repgen/, in a more positive way.

> What is transgenderism ?
Being transgender means that you don't identify the way you were assigned by sex at birth ; it therefore applies to AGP and to Repressors but also to people that feel neither man nor woman.

> Than how is it different from transsexuality ?
The difference between those too relies on the difference between sex ( physical, what you have below your stomach ) and your gender ( the social construction that was build around it, you have a benis -> your a boy etc. )
So, people who are transgender don't identify in the gender assigned at birth and that's it, whereas transsexuals actually want to change the sex and the gender.

> I just like to crossdress, can I post here anyways ?
That depends on the way you do it : do you crossdress sometimes, irregularly just because you want to fap or do you do it regularly not especially thinking about fapping ( but doing it anyway) ? In the first case you're a fetishist and don't really belong here; in the second case, you're a transvestite and you can post here ( there's something more than fapping that draws you to crossdress
> And so what is the alternative you said there were ?
Well thanks to that denomination you can see that just because you're gender identity is different than what it is expected to be, you don't have to try transitioning and fail to pass, you can just live with it ( you're not squizzed between the immovable two genders ).
>>
>>8739542
>transgenderism
>>
>>8739547
The fact of being transgender, yes
>>
>>8739542
Do you really think people from /repgen/ will come here? They need /repgen/, not someone to go easy on them.
>>
>>8739569
>not knowing /agpg/ is the most wretched thread on this board
we will bury you
>>
>>8739569
> They don't want to be happy
I don't get it
>>
>>8739586
Self hatred
>>
>"transgender" gen
>mentions the fucking AGP meme in the first few sentences
1) Don't call it "transgender gen" when it's going to be swamped in that fringe Blanchard crap. Like 70% of this cancer board.

>AGP
>an MtF meme
2) Don't fucking call it "transgender gen" when it's an MtF gen - the fucking FIFTH MtF gen on this board (mtfg, trans girls gen, repgen, agp gen, now this). If it's a "transgender" gen, then it's equally applicable to trans men and trans women. If it's just for the girls - again - then guess what. It's not a "trans" gen.

>So, people who are transgender don't identify in the gender assigned at birth and that's it, whereas transsexuals actually want to change the sex and the gender.
Hello, early 2000s, didn't think I'd see your terminology debates again.

Anyway, no. Transgender and transsexual people are the same fucking thing, we just went through a really stupid terminology change like a decade and a half ago. "Transgender" people who don't actually want to change sex are not "transgender." They're "trenders," i.e. attention-whoring faggots who would have been goth in the 90s instead of "trans."

>In the first case you're a fetishist and don't really belong here
If this wasn't doomed enough from the start, that'll do it. This thread will now be nothing but """AGP""" twats arguing.

Time to sage and hide another thread!

Cancer, cancer, cancer.
>>
>>8739570
Nah, you won't.
>>8739586
HRT won't make us happy, it will turn us into delusional hons. It will make us thing be can make it only to end up a worthless imitation at best and a horrible delusional man east at worst. We're not falling for that. Trannies are doomed to be miserable forever. At least we will be seen as normal.
>>
>>8739600
>repgen
It's full of MtFs but it's for everyone who wants to repress.
>>
>>8739600
>we just went through a really stupid terminology change like a decade and a half ago
I didnt change my terminology. I call myself transsexual and not transgender. Transgender is the meme version and I dont want to be connected to it.
>>
>>8739601
That's literally the point of the OP, being transgender doesn't mean you have to transition or even consider it

>>8739600
Wow savage dude !! xdddd
1) I mentioned the agp term so that people make the transition between it and a better terminology, I don't want to keep it
2) As mentioned above I don't want to keep the agp term, what I want is that agp people move in to that general, but agp is not the definition of it, being transgender is.
3) The difference between transgenders and transexuals is commonly accepted by most scientist studying the question, what are you talking about
>>
>>8739601
normalfags are more subhuman then trannies
>>
>>8739610
>The difference between transgenders and transexuals is commonly accepted by most scientist studying the question, what are you talking about
LOL WAT.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. But then, I can't figure out what most of your posts are supposed to mean. You don't sound...all there.
>>
>>8739600
This desu

Also people who buy into blanchardism aren't proud of being transferred, so don't use the flag in the op
>>
>>8739618
Maybe I'm just your subconscious mind that's trying to tell you the truth
Anyway why don't you take a look at this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender?wprov=sfla1
>>
>>8739542
>we're going to merge apg and repression gens to be more pozzitive
>also you're now a transexual. welcome to the 60's!
>if you're repressing so hard it appears as a crossdressing fetish, you don't belong here.

OP is an hsts kike. old old are ya HONNIE
>>
>>8739609
This.
>>
>>8739610
>___GENDER____REASSIGNMENT SURGERY

fuggit i'm renigging on using people of colour

you're all nogs again.
>>
>>8739623
People are always scared about change - at least on 4chan - but that's how it is, they eventually get to it
>>
>>8739600

>getting upset about definitions
>Cancer

The entire Tranny insanity is cancer. It's not an illness, it's just a fantasy.

It is impossible to 'change sex'. A man that cuts his dick off isn't a woman, he is just a man that mutilated perfectly healthy genitals.

Arguing the difference between a 'transgender' and a 'transexual' is really just arguing between an attention whore that doesn't want to admit they're gay that hasn't cut their dick off, and an attention whore that doesn't want to admit they're gay that has cut their dick off.

No matter how hard they try, they will never, ever be a woman.
>>
>>8739609
>>8739628
Why do you people are always scared of change ? If the terminology changed 15 years ago than perhaps it's time to adapt yourself don't you think ?
And it's not a meme either, it's more precise and actually separates people that want to perform physical changes and people that don't.
>>
>>8739542
>whereas transsexuals actually want to change the sex and the gender.
AGPs very often want to change their sex too and many transition.
>>
>>8739644
What is brain dimorphism.
>>
>>8739645
I am scared of transgender people misrepresenting me, causing cis people to freak out and causing bathroom laws and other bs

>actually separates people that want to perform physical changes and people that don't

No. Every mentally ill freak who dyes his hair blue and uses the womens restroom without even shaving is now the same as me in cis peoples eyes. Fuck those people. Fuck this umbrella term. You made my life so much harder.
>>
>>8739660
Agreed.
>>
>>8739624
I came out as trans in 2001, you dumb sack of shit. You don't need to explain any terminology to me. Don't link me to a Wikipedia article, ffs.

What I ASKED you was, how exactly are TRENDERS - you know, the obnoxious people in ugly glasses who don't experience dysphoria and don't want to actually transition - proven by SCIENCE to actually exist and not just be annoying cis people trying to hop on a bandwagon?

Can you answer that, chucklefuck?
>>
>>8739660
m u s c a t o
>>
File: what-if-i-told-you.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
what-if-i-told-you.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>8739644
>It's not an illness
Oh look, DOCTORS disagree. Not much else to be said.

>Arguing the difference between a 'transgender' and a 'transexual'
There isn't a fucking difference. The OP is just pants-on-head retarded. Either you're trans or you're an obnoxious faker. The former group doesn't actually all get surgery for a variety of reasons, but that's not the dividing line.

>No matter how hard they try, they will never, ever be a woman.
Pic related, you dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>8739542
>do you crossdress sometimes, irregularly just because you want to fap or do you do it regularly not especially thinking about fapping ( but doing it anyway) ? In the first case you're a fetishist and don't really belong here; in the second case, you're a transvestite and you can post here ( there's something more than fapping that draws you to crossdress
So this isn't to "replace" /agpg/, it's to split it and leave half of AGPs without a general and half shoehorned in with NBs and others who can't relate to AGP.

>>8739610
>I mentioned the agp term so that people make the transition between it and a better terminology, I don't want to keep it
You want to erase us in your general but want to destroy our general too.
>>
>>8739645
>it's more precise
Who the fuck believes this and why? "Transgender" is not more precise, it's the complete opposite of precise. It's significantly MORE confusing, since it's suggests that what's being changed IS YOUR GENDER, not your sex. When your gender is exactly the thing you're NOT changing, and your sex is (to the best of the ability of doctors at this time).

The terminology change is, and always was, a joke. It really is some meme term, probably pushed down on us from some ivory tower academic.
>>
>>8739707

>psychiatrists
>doctors
>not understanding how the DSM works.

>Either you're trans or you're an obnoxious faker

You're all obnoxious fakers. You're not men becoming 'women' or women becoming 'men'.

You're idiots that have a fantasy of being the other sex and then mutilating your endocrine system and/or genitals to try to manifest your fantasy.

There is literally no difference between a transgender or a transsexual. You're all pretending to be something you're not based on a fantasy that will never be real.
>>
>>8739719
And once again, I agree.
>>
>>8739719
But you are changing you gender, and not changing sex at all.
>>
>>8739731
Yeah that's why pre-HRT trans people have virilized/feminized brains right? Whine as much as you want but you can't change the facts.
>>
>>8739686
They exist because being transgender doesn't automatically mean experiencing gender dysphoria; I linked you the article because you didn't quite seem to understand that, and I'm sorry if it upset you, I'm only trying to be constructive here
>>
>>8739760

>feminized brains

Literally no scientific evidence to support this. This shit is basically just the creation-science of biology.
>>
>>8739798
t. science denialist
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality#Brain_structure
>>
>>8739760
>>8739847

>The Stockholm Brain Institute, Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden, says that the present data do not support the notion that brains of MtF-TR are feminized. The scientists compared the sizes of various areas of brains belonging to MtF transsexuals to brains of heterosexual men and women.

>Gender dysphoria is suggested to be a consequence of sex atypical cerebral differentiation. We tested this hypothesis in a magnetic resonance study of voxel-based morphometry and structural volumetry in 48 heterosexual men (HeM) and women (HeW) and 24 gynephillic male to female transsexuals (MtF-TR). Specific interest was paid to gray matter (GM) and white matter (WM) fraction, hemispheric asymmetry, and volumes of the hippocampus, thalamus, caudate, and putamen. Like HeM, MtF-TR displayed larger GM volumes than HeW in the cerebellum and lingual gyrus and smaller GM and WM volumes in the precentral gyrus. Both male groups had smaller hippocampal volumes than HeW. As in HeM, but not HeW, the right cerebral hemisphere and thalamus volume was in MtF-TR lager than the left. None of these measures differed between HeM and MtF-TR.

>The present data do not support the notion that brains of MtF-TR are feminized.

>Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21467211

Here's an actual scientific paper - not wikipedia.
>>
>>8739660
I think you care too much about what people will think about you ; cis people that would associate you with those people might not see the whole picture, so there opinion isn't worth much - who would care about someone that is wrong thinks ?

>>8739719
Transgender doesn't suggest any change actually, it just designate people who's gender isn't the same as what there sex would suggest.
Also people gender diverge from what they were born with and that want to change their sex are transexuals, not transgender
>>
>>8739884
>cis people that would associate you with those people might not see the whole picture, so there opinion isn't worth much
Are your retarded?
>>
File: IMG_5237.jpg (267KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5237.jpg
267KB, 1080x1080px
>>8739542
Feminine men must be purged
>>
>>8739908
No, thanks
I mean what I say, why do you bother ? Most of them don't even know about it.
>>
>>8739918
Why do you think we suddenly got bathroom laws in the USA? Cis people can turn their opinion into legislation.
The "Transgender" movement sets our accomplishment of acceptance for transsexuals back by years.
>>
>>8739913
We'll see that when you hit majority
>>
>>8739767
Someone who hasn't had gender dysphoria is not in the same category as I am at all. They're something completely different.
>>
File: IMG_5217.jpg (101KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5217.jpg
101KB, 1920x1080px
>>8739960
You can't fight wars

You lack the cruelty and psychopathy we testosterone fueled monsters possess
>>
>>8739880
It IS on Wikipedia you absolute imbecile - it is quoted in the very page I linked! Had you bothered to read it you'd see that it is alone in claiming this, with the other studies, including those done much later, finding clear differences.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4699258/

>Group comparisons of TBSS measures
>Whole-brain TBSS analysis revealed widespread differences in MD, AD, and RD maps between the investigated groups, whereas no significant voxels were found for FA maps. Differences in MD included virtually all white matter tracts. Post hoc pairwise comparisons revealed the transition MC < MtF < FtM < FC, with MD values and number of significant voxels increasing significantly (Figs. 1, ,2).2). In other words, female biological sex and female gender identity were associated with increased MD.

>Associations between TBSS measures and sexual orientation
>Here, we investigated whether sexual orientation associates with diffusivity measures. No effects on our main findings were observed when sexual orientation was regressed out in the ANCOVA design. Moreover, there was no significant effect of sexual orientation on diffusivity parameters in the regression analysis including all subjects and using group as factor of no interest.

>The results of this study show that the white matter microstructure in FtM and MtF transsexuals falls halfway between that of FCs and MCs. Our data harmonize with the hypothesis that fiber tract development is influenced by the hormonal environment during late prenatal and early postnatal brain development that is proposed to determine gender identity.
>>
>>8739880
>>8739993
https://academic.oup.com/brain/article-lookup/doi/10.1093/brain/awn276

>Our data reveal a sex-atypical INAH3 volume and neuron number in transsexual male-to-female people to be in the female range, while the values of a female-to-male subject were in the male range. Differences in adult testosterone levels can only partly explain the observed differences in the INAH3 subdivision of transsexual people while estrogen levels do not seem to have an influence. In male-to-female subjects the number of neurons in the INAH3 does not seem to be related to sexual orientation, nor to the onset time of transsexuality, but rather to atypical early female-biased gender. The differences observed between the INAH3 structure, its innervation in relation to sexual orientation and gender identity and its putative connection to the BSTc suggest that these two nuclei, together with the SDN-POA (= intermediate nucleus, = INAH1 and 2) and the SCN (Swaab et al., 1985) are part of a complex network involved in various aspects of sexual behaviour. For the INAH4 subdivision of the uncinate nucleus, the only difference found among the groups was in relation to its shape, which was similar in all genetically male groups studied.

>"In male-to-female subjects the number of neurons in the INAH3 does not seem to be related to sexual orientation, nor to the onset time of transsexuality, but rather to atypical early female-biased gender."
>>
>>8739935
Transgenders weren't really accepted before, it's just that they had so little visibility that people just didn't care. Now, the transgender movement is trying to make a place for their people in our society, and as a consequence people are starting to hear about it, but not in the best ways ; so there is still progress to be made, but it's better than it was before.
Now I'm not here to say that every person that tries to be a part of it is doing well, some aren't in phase with what people are willing to accept and what they aren't.
That being said, the role of this general isn't to make some activism or to represent transgenderism, it's goal is to help people that don't accept themselves the way they are, people that suffer from not being a "real man" nor being a "real woman" or at least passing woman, and people generally lost in all that to feel better and show them that there is something else than passing as woman ( or a man ) to be happy.
>>
>>8739880
>>8739993
>>8739997
You'll like this one - it was conducted by the same scientist you just linked!

>One working hypothesis behind transsexuality is that the normal sex differentiation of certain hypothalamic networks is altered. We tested this hypothesis by investigating the pattern of cerebral activation in 12 nonhomosexual male-to-female transsexuals (MFTRs) when smelling 4,16-androstadien-3-one (AND) and estra-1,3,5(10),16-tetraen-3-ol (EST). These steroids are reported to activate the hypothalamic networks in a sex-differentiated way. Like in female controls the hypothalamus in MFTRs activated with AND, whereas smelling of EST engaged the amygdala and piriform cortex. Male controls, on the other hand, activated the hypothalamus with EST. However, when restricting the volume of interest to the hypothalamus activation was detected in MFTR also with EST, and explorative conjunctional analysis revealed that MFTR shared a hypothalamic cluster with women when smelling AND, and with men when smelling EST. Because the EST effect was limited, MFTR differed significantly only from male controls, and only for EST-AIR and EST-AND. These data suggest a pattern of activation away from the biological sex, occupying an intermediate position with predominantly female-like features. Because our MFTRs were nonhomosexual, the results are unlikely to be an effect of sexual practice. Instead, the data implicate that transsexuality may be associated with sex-atypical physiological responses in specific hypothalamic circuits, possibly as a consequence of a variant neuronal differentiation.

tl;dr gynephilic transsexuals react to sex pheromones in much the same way women do.
>>
>>8739976
I do agree that you're different from people that don't feel it, but you have in common that you don't really identify to the gender you were assigned to, and that's a starting point.
But the goal of all this is to show that transitioning isn't the only way to ease/cure dysphoria.

>>8739982
You'll be surprised to know that I didn't intend hormonal replacement; I am full of testosterone too, I know what it is to be cruel and to be a psychopath, I lived all that. But at some point I grew out of it, I had experiences that showed me that it isn't the best, and I than did things and discovered other ways than hatred, conflict etc.
I also know that I can't help everybody, stop every conflicts ; but because I know all this suffering and were it comes from, I want to help these people, and even if it only helps one person find there way than that's already a success
>>
>>8739976
What if I had it but I don't have it anymore even without HRT?
>>
>>8740011
>>8739880
>>8739997
>>8740000
>>8740011
Oops, forgot to link the last one.
https://academic.oup.com/cercor/article/18/8/1900/285954/Male-to-Female-Transsexuals-Show-Sex-Atypical

Whatever. I'll use the opportunity to post one more.

>We observed thicker cortices in 24 MTF transsexuals compared to 24 age-matched control men in a number of regions across the lateral and medial cortical surfaces. In order to precisely interpret these findings with respect to their functional significance further research addressing the relationship between cerebral micro- and macro- structures as well as brain function is clearly necessary. Nevertheless, the current study provides evidence that brain anatomy is associated with gender identity, where measures in MTF transsexuals appear to be shifted away from gender-congruent men.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3665407/
>>
>>8740032
I agree with the second part of your post. As soon as I stopped trying to force myself to be hypermasculine by being an asshole I felt much better. Psychopathy is not the way to go, even if you want to repress.
>>
>>8740045
I don't really get why you linked me in all this ( >>8740000) as I wasn't the one behind this debate and I don't really care about brain anatomy, but that's interesting
>>
>>8740055
By mistake! Sorry.
>>
>>8740035
I used "hasn't had" on purpose meaning I distinguish myself from people who never had it.
That said I'm skeptical that dysphoria can ever totally go away.
>>
>>8740000
>so little visibility that people just didn't care
Thats the point of being a transsexual.
YOU DONT WANT TO BE VISIBLE
I dont want to stick out. I dont want to make people uncomfortable. I dont believe in your version of "gender".
Stop associating with me and stealing our terminology.

> it's better than it was before
no its worse than ever
>>
>>8740067
Which is why I'm doubting myself.
>>
>>8739542
I want to work on accepting myself for who I am, but every now and then I feel like I catch a reflection of my old self. It's crushing. I'm 2 and a half years into HRT, I pass, but to my own critical eyes the "illusion" (for lack of a better term) falls apart. I hope FFS can fix it in the future, especially my brow bone and chin, but I'm skeptical :/

How do you come to accept the leftover parts of you from your birth gender that you may not be able to change?
>>
>>8740150
How long have you considered yourself dysphoria-free? With some people it's always there, but for other people it seems to come and go. In both cases it usually gets worse over time without HRT. It's possible that your dysphoria will come back again worse than ever.
>>
>>8740134
If your transexual than you're not transgender and that's it, you don't have to be associated with us ; nor do transgender need to be visible, it's just so that society knows that it exists and considers it a bit more.
>>
>>8740171
It mostly takes time and getting comfortable with yourself and your life. You're going through a second puberty in effect, and 2 1/2 years in you're still in the middle of it. If you're passable and not getting misgendered it should be easier to accept yourself than it is for people who never pass well or at all.
>>
What's it like to talk to a therapist/psychologist about being trans?
>>
>>8740171
Now I don't have any precise answer to give you since this place is supposed to be for transgender people and not trans woman, but I'll try to help.
Here's my view of it : perhaps that inside yourself you're still a bit of a man with a majority of a woman, and so some of your physical features reminds you of that. Perhaps in that way that when you transitioned you forgot that little part and/or you don't accept it today, so sometimes it needs to bring up and it makes you sad because you feel like you're not 100% a woman.
I'm just trying to give a hint of what you could be experiencing, but it's just a try, I don't know much about this questions and it might as well be something completely different ; so forgive me if I said something insulting, I didn't mean it.
>>
>>8740207
I don't know, never felt like I needed it, but I heard it can be a bit of a pain since they aren't always very documented / up to date on those questions
>>
>>8740134
>no its worse than ever
It is and it isn't. I transitioned in the late 80s early 90s. It's easier to get help these days, with informed consent and early transitioning. It's also easier to change gender markers. Back then I couldn't do more than change my name until I got SRS.
On the other hand I think it was easier to blend in and be stealthy. There was less publicity, people weren't thinking about trans stuff much, and it wasn't a political wedge issue. The bar for passing was lower. It wasn't really that bad then. I feel more uncomfortable with the extra publicity and all the bathroom bullshit than I did back then.
>>
>>8740207
It can be difficult and nerve-wracking when you start talking about it for the first time, especially if the therapist doesn't know in advance that you're there for trans stuff. Once you start talking, if the therapist is knowledgeable and you have a good rapport then talking can be comfortable and cathartic. Therapists have different styles and personalities. If you're not comfortable with the one you're seeing you should try to get another one that you're more comfortable with.
>>
>>8740183
It's been over a month. It had gone away for hour or days. I mean dysphoria-free as in I still don't like my appearance but I don't feel that gut-wrenching feeling I used to.
>>
>>8740322
I don't think a month is very long. Especially since you still feel some dysphoria there's a good chance the gut-wrenching dysphoria will come back.
>>
>>8740343
Yeah, I kind of had a breakdown some months ago so maybe it's the calm after the storm?
>>
>>8740381
Could be. You can never be sure dysphoria won't come back stronger than ever. Look at the 40-50 year old transitioners.
>>
>>8740406
Which is why I'm considering trying HRT, to see if it makes me feel better. If it does I'll try and go legit.
>>
>>8740511
I hope it works out for you.
>>
>>8740535
Thank you, so do I.
>>
I want to get a woman's sweater, but I'm not sure how it would fit on a guy... What are some rules of thumb for finding the right sizes for crossdressing?
>>
>>8740709
If you have extra-wide shoulders you'll need something bigger than what the sizing charts indicate. I couldn't say how much bigger though. Tight sweaters aren't likely to work out unless your chest/shoulders are relatively narrow.
>>
>>8740709
What I usually do is that I get pretty much the same size as for men, but it's worth checking ( depending on the brand and the model ) because sometimes it's too small.
>>
Up
>>
>>8739731
>psychiatrists
>doctors
Neurologists are doctors, and all the neurologists I've spoken to agree that our condition is "real." Decades of research back up that being trans is "real," and transition is effective treatment.

It must suck to hate reality this much.

>There is literally no difference between a transgender or a transsexual.
IT'S TWO WORDS FOR THE SAME THING, no one but the OP thinks there's a distinction, are you fucking illiterate?
>>
>>8739753
No, I'm not changing my gender. If I could change my gender, I WOULD BE CIS. I would change my gender to match my sex if I could change it. I cannot, so I am changing my sex to the best of my ability.

inb4 "much chromosomes"

How is this complicated for people? Changing my social sex roles isn't changing my gender itself.
>>
>>8740032
>But at some point I grew out of it
NO
>>
>>8739767
>They exist because being transgender doesn't automatically mean experiencing gender dysphoria;
If you don't experience gender dysphoria, YOU.

ARE.

CISGENDER.

kys

>>8739884
>Also people gender diverge from what they were born with and that want to change their sex are transexuals, not transgender
For the nth time, these are two words FOR THE SAME FUCKING THING.

I'm down with bringing back "transsexual," but I will never pretend trenders are a valid category.

Go the FUCK back to Tumblr.
>>
>>8741446
>>8739707
> The OP is just pants-on-head retarded
I don't agree with that, I'm a fully functioning adult with my pants on my legs, and even though you don't seem to understand the difference between transexualism and transgenderism there is one, that has been explained several times before, see OP for exemple and the literature on the matter.
>>
If you don't have dysphoria then how do you know you're transgender?
>>
>>8741502
Experiencing A*P.
>>
Im going to do it /lgbt/. I meet with my doctor next week and im going to finally tell someone i want to transition and ask about seeing a gender threapist. What should i know/expect for the meeting?
>>
>>8741467
>>8741474
Why are you so angry ? I don't know if you're the same person, but anyway the second point you showed explains the first one but you didn't see that because you were focusing on the difference between the terms, that I explained before ( and why the difference between them matters ).
>>
contrapoints is transgender now, after spending like a month as genderqueer. Reminds of that meme where gay people come out as bi first before coming out as gay. Reaaaaally not a fan, contributes to bi erasure just like this kinda thing fucks over real nonbinary people. n1 contra
>>
>>8739542
See OP :
> > What is transgenderism ?
> Being transgender means that you don't identify the way you were assigned by sex at birth ; it therefore applies to AGP and to Repressors but also to people that feel neither man nor woman.

If you're experiencing AAP, most chances are that you're transgender, as >>8741502 said. You've got to see with yourself
>>
>>8741502
Sorry this >>8741540 was made for you, quoting the op
>>
File: repgen wins.gif (2MB, 480x204px) Image search: [Google]
repgen wins.gif
2MB, 480x204px
>>8741521
>>
>>8741517

I am kind of confused because I don't consider myself transgender; I don't want to change my body, I just get turned on by the thought. In fact it would feel kind of inappropriate to actually consider myself the same as an ftm when I'm actually just a fetishist basically. Am I missing something?
>>
>>8741530
At least bisexuality is real (or in any case, more real than tumblrgenders)
>>
>>8741573
it's the only thing that's real. Monosexuality is just sexism.
>>
>>8741530
> Reminds of that meme where gay people come out as bi first before coming out as gay. Reaaaaally not a fan, contributes to bi erasure just like this kinda thing fucks over real nonbinary people.
It's not necessarily conscious you know, a lot if not most of these people genuinely believe they are NB/bi when they first come out, you don't necessarily know the full picture of your problem the instant you stop looking away from it

>>8741561
>Am I missing something?
Some definitions of transgender include basically everyone who challenges gender norms (ie. crossdressers, drag queens etc.)
You don't have to use that definition when labeling yourself and in fact most cis people equate transgender with transsexual so you'd be avoiding confusion by not considering yourself trans
Labels are just for communication, don't think too much about it
>>
>>8741561

(That sounds like concern trolling; I'm not expressing myself very well, sorry. What I mean is: is there some component of a*p that I haven't experienced/considered which would make the whole a*p/trans link more understandable? Is a*p something most people tend to have full time?)
>>
>>8741590

>You don't have to use that definition when labeling yourself and in fact most cis people equate transgender with transsexual so you'd be avoiding confusion by not considering yourself trans
>labels are just for communication, don't think too much about it

Noted, thank you. Functionally I don't see any point in considering myself trans. I am curious to see why someone would but as it stands I don't feel comfortable having trans people "lumped in" with me and with people like me. It feels appropriative.
>>
>>8741561
A*P isn't just fetishism.
>>
File: 1493863922627.png (9KB, 227x97px) Image search: [Google]
1493863922627.png
9KB, 227x97px
>>8741656
For some people it is

In classic blanchardianism the concept of autogynephilic transsexual is centered around autogynephilia, but autogynephilia is a separate term for a simple fetish that doesn't necessarily have to evolve into transsexualism

That board uses AGP as a short for autogynephilic transsexual, but it really should be just AGPTS
>>
>>8741673
>>8741656

If one is a*p but does not experience dysphoria/want to change their body, is there still more to it than fetishism?
>>
>>8741521
>Why are you so angry ?
Why are you so fucking stupid? TRENDERS ARE NOT TRANS. If you don't experience dysphoria, you are not trans. You're not transgender OR transsexual - those are both words that have come to refer to people who are TRANSITIONING because they experience dysphoria. The way you're using those terms is so dated that the last time I saw anyone use them that way was my first year of college and I'm 33 now.

If you don't experience dysphoria and you just go around telling people you're some demiboy genderfluid hemisexual snowflake, you are CIS and being a fucking asshole. The fucking Rachel Dolezals of the LGBT world.

You are not going to get me to agree with your stupidity by just insisting that non-dysphoric trannies are a thing and I just can't accept this. They are NOT A THING.

People who don't have trouble breathing aren't asthmatic because they carry around an inhaler.
People with perfectly functioning legs don't have a break because they walk around with crutches.
People who put on androgynous clothes and call themselves transgender aren't if they aren't dysphoric.
>>
>>8741748
>If you don't experience dysphoria, you are not trans. You're not transgender OR transsexual - those are both words that have come to refer to people who are TRANSITIONING because they experience dysphoria.
what is agp
>>
>>8741766
Almost never "functional as men" as they want to believe.
>>
>>8741688
Not really

A*P can get worse and evolve from seemigly a fetish to full blown trans and
some say any intensity of A*P can evolve into gender dysphoria but
1) there's not much evidence of it, people who develop dysphoria later still usually start with a want and nonsexual fantasies
2) you're 30 right? If you're asking for yourself it would've come up at this age, for the vast majority of these gender dysphoria is pretty noticeable by mid 20s, I've heard of cases of people getting it in their 30s, but I say it's most likely just deep repression - usually people who are uninhibited in their crossdressing get it earlier, if you're stable in being fine there's no reason to think it'll suddenly get worse - majority of people with AGP stay non-dysphoric or even grow out of it

>>8741615
>It feels appropriative.
Yeah a lot of trannies feel the same way too, see >>8741748
But I've also seen a lot embrace the label as a way to push other transitioned people down the social hierarchy ie. "i'm transsexual, he's only transgender"
>>
>>8741795

Yeah, I do not expect myself to start experiencing dysphoria any time soon. I am happy to have a space to discuss these feelings but I don't want to step on the toes of people who are actually disadvantaged IRL. Worst that happens to me is that people might think I'm a bit odd for crossdressing but idgaf really, I'm lucky enough that I don't need to do it in situations where I would face violence for it.
>>
>>8741795
>people who develop dysphoria later still usually start with a want and nonsexual fantasies
What is this supposed to prove? You need more than that to say A*P that is followed by dysphoria and A*P that isn't are different.
>>
>>8741673
lol at that image
>>
>>8741561
You are free to consider yourself to be what you think you are but keep in mind that some AGP/AAP is not uncommon in genuine transsexuals. Why is kind of a mystery.
>>
>>8741860
I wasn't trying to say they are completely separate, I'm saying people who have it followed by dysphoria usually aren't on the mildest end of the spectrum
>>
File: 1502489733250.png (912KB, 700x877px) Image search: [Google]
1502489733250.png
912KB, 700x877px
I went to Subway with some friends for lunch. It's a work day and I'm not out at work yet, so i'm pretty much in boymode - The guy behind the counter ringing me up goes "Sir, what- Oh, ma'am?"

It didn't bother me, in fact it was kind of flattering since I was in boymode. My friend told me that the cashier asked them to apologize for him since he felt bad about misgendering me and I'd already left with my food.

The whole situation made me laugh more than anything, and I thought it was sweet that he was worried about stuff like that. I don't know if he knew I was trans or not, since I was just wearing a hoodie and jeans with no makeup or anything, and he still picked up the girl vibes. Either way I thought he was a sweetheart about it. People are really nice sometimes.
>>
>>8741518
>I meet with my doctor next week
I can't say how it would go with the doctor since I told a therapist first and not the doctor first. The original therapist wasn't fazed by it and just asked general questions about what I felt, how long, when did I know. She referred me to a gender therapist who asked me for more detailed background information on my gender dysphoria.
>>
>>8742032
So tell us, was the cashier cute?
>>
>>8742098
Kinda', yeah. A little dorky looking but he had painted nails and a good bodytype.
>>
>>8741561
Actually transgender doesn't mean you want to change your body.
And fetishism is just about sex, if there's something more than that, chances are your not just a fetishist
>>
>>8741748
Your not going to convince me either by writing, and I'm not going to get any smarter even if you keep on insulting me.
That being said I get your point, you insist on identifying yourself as a mentally ill person and are butthurt about people feeling fine with themselves; I have no problem living with the fact that you don't agree with me
>>
>>8742153
>he
>painted nails
Probably a tranny. That's why they knew.
>>
>>8742032
That's something I like to think about when I'm feeling down, people that are/were randomly nice with you
>>
>suspect mom is a dyke
>shows no sexual attraction to males
>always cuts hair short

>sister acts like a tomboy

>i'm agp

i'm never having kids
>>
>>8742280
how did she reproduce twice
>>
>>8742284
married someone she doesn't love so she could get ez us citizenship
>>
>>8742280
>i'm never having kids
But imagine what they could be!
>>
>>8742305
freaks
>>
>>8742312
cute girls who love other girls!
with peepees!
>>
>>8742329
We really are all deranged, after all.
>>
>>8739542
>tfw i only wear short sleeves because i get hot so i have to stare at my hairy arms all day

on the bright side, it also means i also can't cut myself without everyone seeing.
>>
>>8744562
Just wear linen shirts
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.