[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If there were gene therapy to alter your chromosomes but you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1502945308653.jpg (14KB, 326x246px) Image search: [Google]
1502945308653.jpg
14KB, 326x246px
If there were gene therapy to alter your chromosomes but you are already passing, etc, and it will cost a ton of shekels, will you do it?
>>
>>8735044
Altering chromosomes after 20 is practically redundant. They affect your growth patterns mostly and after 20 its pretty much done anyway.

Now altering the genes that code for where your fat is stored would be useful.
>>
>>8735044
even if it was non-expensive i wouldnt do it.
chromosomes dont dictate the gender also if youre already i dont see the need, im still yet to meet someone who requieres a chromosome test before interacting and using pronouns
>>
Why would I bother if I already pass and they don't have any meaningful impact at that point?
>>
>>8735044
Fuck no!!!

I'm reading this book, this radical gene therapy gets used in it, and everything just completely goes to shit!

Scary stuff, but then that's probably just the author, other stuff by her was also pretty shocking.
>>
>>8735044
No. It wouldn't do anything useful. I don't even know what my chromosomes are anyway, and you probably don't know what yours are either unless you've been tested. Most of the time we're only making assumptions about chromosomes.
>>
fuck no, chromosomes don't mean shit
XY and proud, bitch
>>
Would be a very expensive, very arduous process, and god knows what genetic disorders or cancers may result.
>>
>>8735044
>in the future
>they reassign that
>now da haterz say that chromosome reassignment is vain, unnatural, dishonest, etc.
>>
>>8735178
What book is that? Sounds interesting
>>
>>8735074
TERFs require that
>>
>>8735044
Only if it had other benefits like getting more feminine physical experiences or not needing medication.
>>
>>8735044
why what's the point
just to satify few angry cishons
>>
>>8735621
this
>>
>>8735621
>>8735639
It will never be enough for TERFs. They'll say the chromosome procedure still doesn't make you a woman because you weren't born with XX, like they say for neovaginas now.
>>
>>8735044
of fucking course, bitch
>>
>>8735074
You're so cute, waifu
>>
>>8735618
The Changeling Plague by Syne Mitchel. It has moderate cyberpunk elements.
>>
File: smug anime girl.png (507KB, 590x200px) Image search: [Google]
smug anime girl.png
507KB, 590x200px
>>8738503
>>8735178
>lets a spooky scary scaredy cat fiction book influence their decisions
And this is why even if the technology was here you don't deserve to have your chromoderps reshuffled.
>>
>>8735687
If scientists invent a time travel embryo alteration machine, what will TERFs have to say?
>>
>>8738503
Its non fiction right?
>>
>>8735044
Yes, totally, I'd also edit the shit out of my DNA.

I don't care if it would make a difference or not.
>>
>>8738587
are you clinically retarded
>>
File: ST-6x86-P166+made-in-Canada.jpg (240KB, 800x1413px) Image search: [Google]
ST-6x86-P166+made-in-Canada.jpg
240KB, 800x1413px
>>8738537
Fuck you, all my life I've just been told how amazingly wonderful technology is, and how blessed I am to have it, and how I never deserved any of it and how despite this I've always been cheating karma because the people around me are so amazingly wonderful as to ration out technology to me with their gut-wisdom amplified personal selectivness to it. God, I'm just so fucking sick of it.

I hope the pigs drag you to places that make gitmo look like a fairyland over stuff gleaned about you through obongo's righteous homeland security innovations. I hope you end up needing a liver transplant and get blessed with one with three X chromosomes. I hope you get wires hooked to all the parts of your brain that would get triggered.upon loosing a boyfriend of 8 years and then seeing him on the national news in a story revolving around the phrase "assault weapon" while they analyse bunches of notes he left that implicitly thoroughly blame you for his flipping out.
>>
>>8738580
"Nuh-uh, you had to time travel to become a woman. Therefore, God inten--I mean, the Goddess intended for you to be a man. If you really want to get in touch with your "feminine side," just put these crystals under your pillow when you sleep at night and donate money at your local feminist anti-colonialist bookstore."
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.