[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To Non-BPD LGBT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 28

File: KYUNGbpd1.png (396KB, 647x449px) Image search: [Google]
KYUNGbpd1.png
396KB, 647x449px
We know how difficult it is to have us in your life. We know how hard it is to hear us in our depths of despair. We know how we may come across as manipulative, controlling, unwilling to change, attention-seeking, even intolerable. We know. But step back for a moment, really look at us. Inside, you will find the most compassionate, empathetic, kind, giving people you will meet. Yes, you are tired of the chaos– as tired as you are, we are drained, worn down. Yes, you feel trapped by the relationship, as trapped as you feel we are birds banging our heads against the cage wanting to fly. I implore you, do not tell us we do nothing to improve, we have been seeking help most of our lives, we have been fighting to get “normal” forever. We have been actually getting up every morning, this in itself is comparable to climbing Mount Everest, this is “doing something.” We are not about control, manipulation, lies, we are about fear. We love you, possibly more than most people can feel love and are in sheer terror of losing you, this is the control you speak of. Don’t turn your back on us (unless you are in danger of your life, but most BPD’s I have met hurt only themselves). For when you turn your back on us, you have reinforced the idea that we are unworthy, hopeless, and cannot make it in this world. In my experience, most of the conflicts that arise with BPD’s and Non-BPD’s is miscomunication. Be clear about what you mean, extremely clear, because what you say is perceived by us as something different. Be reassuring. Don’t say, “I can’t take this right now,” simply start the sentence differently… “You have every right to feel the way you do, but can we talk later. I will call you back at such and such a time.” (continued)
>>
>>8698342
I don't have BPD but I can fully relate.
>>
File: bpddddddddd.png (643KB, 856x582px) Image search: [Google]
bpddddddddd.png
643KB, 856x582px
-- Be validating. Don’t ignore a text or a phone call, we have been ignored all our lives and feel invisible. Don’t tell others that we are “crazy.” We are a lot healthier than most people walking around ignoring their feelings, we are learning how to cope. Don’t tell us we are being overly dramatic, overly sensitive, we are not dramatic, our feelings are real and yes, we are overly senstitive, but is that such a bad thing? I am proud to say that I am sensitive, I am proud to say that when I love, I love with all my soul, I am proud to say that I do understand you, but can you even try to understand me? I am not here preaching about how BPD’s should be catered to. As an analogy: if we had cancer, would you say “I’m tired of taking you for your treatments, fight this on your own?” For some, BPD is as terminal as cancer. As long as they are in treatment and learning to cope, be there because one day that bird that is banging their head against the cage will fly free and you will miss the opportunity to fly with them…

Please educate yourself about ways you can help people with BPD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8-NfELf71Y
>>
>>8698351
Thank you, its good to know there is an ally.
We appreciate you so much :3
>>
>>8698370
My best friend has BPD. Sometimes her ways upset me but I know it's not her fault. I always try to be direct and understanding. I'd never leave her.
Communication is the most important thing. When she hurts me I tell her and we talk about why she acts like she does so we understand each other better instead of entering a fight.

I wonder if I should tell her more often that I'm proud of her for carrying on. I know it's not easy for her and she made a lot of bad experiences.

I think a BPD friend is ideal for me because I have an irrational fear of being abandoned and I don't think shell ever do that. I'm also incredibly clingy so I'll never abandon her.
>>
>>8698342
To the BPD LGBTs:
I really don't care. Just stay away from me. You're NOT trying to improve. You're not GOING to improve. You are bad for me, so keep your gaslighting and your craziness the fuck away from me.
And, in fact, stop talking to anyone. You make the mode moderately crazy people look bad by association.
>>
>>8698401
Showing appreciative respect often to bpd people is very helpful to us and is very valued more than anything.
>>
>>8698342
To BPD LGBT:
This ADHD BT really cannot read that wall of text
>>
File: jangmi bpd.png (328KB, 786x566px) Image search: [Google]
jangmi bpd.png
328KB, 786x566px
>>8698406
People with BPD dont know how to react when they are stressed or feeling intense bad emotions.
Abandoning them will just reinforce the idea that they are not worthy of anyones time and that they are a burden.
Always support mentally ill people.
>>
>>8698462
enlarging it on MS paint or MSword works well my friend :3
>>
>>8698469
>Abandoning them will just reinforce the idea that they are not worthy of anyones time
They're not worthy of mine.
>and that they are a burden.
And they are!

I have enough crazy to deal with on my own. Dealing with BPD crazy nearly killed me, so I'm not doing it again.
Would you keep sticking your fingers into the socket even though it shocks you every time?
> BPD
Oh, right. Of course you would.
>>
>>8698508
BPD PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE, NOT BURDENS
>>
>>8698508
>>8698534
Doctors know best

According to Kraft Goin MD (University of Southern California), "borderlines need a person who is a constant, continuing, empathic force in their lives; someone who can listen and handle being the target of intense rage and idealization while concurrently defining limits and boundaries with firmness and candor".
>>
>>8698342
Wait is this a veiled attempt at admitting trannies are psychotic?
>>
>>8698342
I actually became a shut in mostly because I have BPD. honestly a lot of us are terrible people and are better off alone.
>>
>>8698543
So pay a therapist.

In the real world, nobody has time or energy for your shit.
>>
File: kyung hero.png (299KB, 507x426px) Image search: [Google]
kyung hero.png
299KB, 507x426px
>>8698577
No, we deserve love and constant validation.
People out there are working to accomidate us.

https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=124001.0

Dont lose hope :3
>>
File: FROGGY.png (391KB, 752x700px) Image search: [Google]
FROGGY.png
391KB, 752x700px
Set Aside Personal Beliefs, Concerns and Agenda - Just for now, at least. Go into the conversation empty handed—with no personal expectations or goal of fixing anyone. Be willing to have your mind and perspective changed. Your only agenda is listening and trying to understand the other’s point of view.

Remove Ourselves / Gain Perspective - When you take things personally, you cannot separate yourself enough to feel the other person’s pain. Detach enough so that you are not in a emotionally heightened state— do not allowing the other person’s behavior to upset you or trigger you.

Be Present/ Be an Active Listener - Listen to the person in the moment, truly utilizing the skills of actively listening. Don't jump ahead, re-frame what they are saying and compare it to a personal experience you had, don't rush to project ahead, or to frame a response. When we do this we completely lose sight of the reason of our conversation in the first place, sharing information as a means to build, maintain and sustain the relationship.

Getting Beyond the Facts / Relate - When the other person begins to share, focus on their feelings. Think of situations that you’ve experienced in the past that are similar. Just think about this - connect with it - don't share it. This will deepen your emotional insight into the other person’s plight.

Talk to the Person's Inner-Child - When we visualize our child as their vulnerable inner-child we can lower and lessen our defenses, that will then allow us to want to preserve the relationship and communicate in an effective way.

See Empathy as a Lifestyle, Not an Event - Make an effort to heal the past hurts, to remember to accentuate the positive, and to nurture the relationship on a daily basis. Most importantly, be mindful that when we are angry we can do a lot of damage and set things way back.
>>
>>8698342
>We are not about control, manipulation, lies, we are about fear. We love you
This is good bait OP. Most psychiatrists won't even touch someone with BPD for good reason, they are pathological liars and are incapable of being faithful to their partners even if shown constant love and attention like they crave. The only thing they need is a boatload of SSRIs and an antipsychotic.
>>
>>8698689
>incapable of being faithful to their partners even if shown constant love and attention like they crave
This is a lie. I can be faithful to someone but I am a pathological liar and I'm just crazy. I wouldn't want to put someone through a relationship with me.
>>
>>8698694
Wait so bisexual = BPD?
>>
the fuck is bpd
>>
>>8698700
borderline or bipolar personality disorder
>>
>>8698694
being faithful to a husband/wife is the most important thing anyway
>>
>>8698708
Well I've never cheated but I've realized I'm a bad person so it's not worth putting people I like through shit. You just frequent psych wards often? How do you run into so many people with BPD?
>>
>>8698714
>How do you run into so many people with BPD?
I have a really awful family loaded with people with bipolar, BPD, schizophrenia, etc. I also have been in many psychwards for unrelated things.
>>
>>8698696
Bipolar or borderline personality disorder. Basically, crazy fucks you should never, ever engage with because they will latch onto you and fuck your life up.
Never stick your dick in crazy. It's infectious.
>>
>>8698743
How is this different from trans?
>>
>>8698749
Entirely separate. You can be trans and have BPD, or trans and not have it, or BPD and not trans.

However, there's a lot of overlap because the dysphoria fucks with your head, and someone who's already crazy and weak-willed is susceptible to the ever-present 'JUST TRANSITION' propaganda.
>>
>>8698755
Transitioning can make BPD and other emotional stability issues worse if they are ftm as well due to the hormonal changes.
>>
>>8698781
Mtf*
>>
>>8698755
>borderline psychotic

>sometimes I'm a girl sometimes I'm a boy

How are these different?

What percent of trans are also borderline?

Considering that borderline is more frequently diagnosed in females and literally used to be called hysterical personality disorder (as in wandering uterus) it is, in part, a pathology of excessive feminine traits. Wouldn't this apply to a LOT of mtt?
>>
>>8698786
BPD is rare in males but does exist. It stands to reason it would be more common in mtfs then in males, but less common then in women. However not every mtf has BPD.
>>
>>8698796
>Not every

What percent do?
>>
>>8698796
MTF's have Npd tho...
>>
>>8698818
Can't they have both?
>>
>>8698802
How the fuck should I know, all I can tell you it logically follows there are more mtfs with it then males because the mtf brain is structured closer to that of a woman.
>>
>>8698406
But what about a treated case of borderline personality disorder? A person that has gone through dialectical behavioral therapy, mentalization based treatment, and is on lamotrigine?
>>
>>8698864
its not
those tests used non-lesbian transwomen whose brains are closer to women especially close on estrogen
>>
>>8698818
Very few do, they just have hormonal bitchiness.

>>8698832
These two never really overlap.
>>
>>8698880
Why not?
>>
>>8698873
Those people are fine. Most people with BPD never get treatment, and many more still are undiagnosed. Without treatment people with BPD are an issue, most people diagnosed with it never commit to treatment and only seek help for attention which is the issue.
>>
>>8698903
there is no successful treatment to this friendo
>>
>>8698889
They are personality issues at the extreme poles of each other.
>>
File: MTFTransPersonalityDisorder.png (117KB, 828x914px) Image search: [Google]
MTFTransPersonalityDisorder.png
117KB, 828x914px
>>8698912
They are both in Cluster B. They must have SOME overlap.
>>
File: IMG_0856.jpg (25KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0856.jpg
25KB, 236x236px
I got mad at my BPD "friend" because he told me my own mother was a freeloading whore who only married my Dad because he's rich. After a short argument, due to "black and white thinking" that textbook borderlines have, he manipulated some of my best friends into turning against me, manipulated ME into thinking I was a worthless, friendless sack of shit who didn't deserve his friendship or anyone else's, and then blocked me on every platform and a year later ignored my offer to come to my birthday party so we could reconcile. He manipulated me well enough that I believed his hurtful claims about me being worthless and undeserving until one of the friends he turned against me came back and told me that he was the toxic person, not me.

If he cared deeply for me or the friends he tore away from me, why would he do something like that?
>>
File: bpd.jpg (105KB, 1000x760px) Image search: [Google]
bpd.jpg
105KB, 1000x760px
>>8698342
>>8698360
>>8698590
>>8698609

i hang out in a lot of spaces online for mental illness related stuff, or just places with a lot of them. 9/10 people that i've known who had bpd are terrible people. rude, instigators, self-centered, and love insulting people.

i even got beat as a child because of a woman with bpd, so as far as i'm concerned you all belong in the trash.
>>
File: oh wow.png (449KB, 600x467px) Image search: [Google]
oh wow.png
449KB, 600x467px
>>8698912
>narcissism is about being selfish and evil
>mtf is the oposite
therefore
>mtf is about being selfless

Yeah... if that was true they would never transition in the first place and keep it hidden and act normal.
>>
My BPD used to be really bad, used to be insanely needy, would cry over everything and get a lot of paranoid about the people I love leaving me and that everyone secretly loathed and hated me

I did acid and MDMA a few months ago with my partner and their cool friend and i've felt really stable since for the most part, like it really helped put things into perspective somehow
>>
>>8698921
Sauce:

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2014/809058/

>>8698935
Are you trans?
>>
>>8698924
HOLYSHIT PLEEEEEAASE TELL MORE STORIES ABOUT THIS KINDA STUFF
>>
>>8698933
I never said transitioning is being selfless. It just isn't the level of selfish that causes harm to others, nor is it a flagrant disregard for how others are impacted. So I fail to see how it is NPD. Eating a burger is bad for you, but it only harms you. Same shit.
>>
>>8698944
The reason he implied my mom is a freeloading whore is because he has an /r9k/-tier personality and thinks of *all* women as "shallow whores" because they don't date or have sex with him. He told me they only care about looks (he isn't even bad looking, but you can smell his craziness from a mile away). I mentioned that my Dad isn't the most attractive guy in the world, but my mom, a stunning woman, still married him because she fell in love with him regardless. He goes "well you're Dad's rich, so that still proves my point". He'd go on these misogynistic rants all the time and I just listened because I thought it was just part of his disorder that he couldn't help, but that comment drove me absolutely bonkers because I love my mom.

That wasn't the first time he flipped out on me and blocked me. He had blocked me on Facebook 3 times before that and ignored my texts, but there were other platforms like Deviantart that we were friends are so after a few days I'd go back and beg his forgiveness, to which he'd tell me I need to be more "understanding" and sympathetic of his issues instead of getting mad because that makes me a shitty person.

I can't believe I let him manipulate me so bad. He just had a knack for toying with peoples' minds and emotions. It's fucked up.
>>
>>8698921
Cluster B personality disorders are grouped together because they all are based on impulsivity and emotional instability. While some cluster B personalities can overlap I have never seen those two do so. Namely because the disregulation stems from opposite extreme emotions. One is excessive self doubt and hate, the other excessive self love.
>>
Not going to lie, you're fucking deluded if you think this is an excuse. Oh no, my fucking mental illness excuses me from screaming at my kids, running off into the night to 'kill myself' or waking me someone by fucking shaking them, hitting them and claiming they took your fucking drugs which you promised you weren't on.

Your fucking illness doesn't excuse your bullshit, harden the fuck up and deal with it like the rest of us you fucking piece of shit. Don't expect the rest of the world to cater to your very specific needs that you absolutely have to have your way or else it's tits up.

I am not validating you, seek professional fucking help and take your fucking medication.
>>
File: bkEvRxk.gif (4MB, 650x533px) Image search: [Google]
bkEvRxk.gif
4MB, 650x533px
>>8699014
We cant JUST DEAL with it because people with BPD feel the most intense emotional feelings in the world and need all the support and respectful validating positive affirmations we can get.
>>
>>8699044
That is because people with BPD rarely if ever get treatment and are less compliant with treatment plans then people with paranoid schizophrenia or paranoid psychosis. Which is an incredible feat considering how non compliant that demographic is. Also unlike people with those extreme psychological issues people with BPD aren't chill and cool if they are on pills, and are extremely unfaithful to their partners. The only group worse are narcissists.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-09-14-36-33.png (709KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-09-14-36-33.png
709KB, 720x1280px
>>8699091
They were not really unfaithful, because the non bpd was unfaithful in their heart.
So the bpd had to get real love and positive respectful affirmational praise from elsewhere.
>>
>>8699188
>delusional justification
Thanks for proving my point that people with BPD are horrible to deal with, and worse to date.
>>
>>8698342
What the fuck is this shit?
>don't turn your back on us
I will if I fucking want to.
>don't say "I can't take this right now"
I will if I fucking want to
>don't ignore a text
I will if i fuckin want to.

How about we stop normalizing abuse. I don't have to put up with """BPD""" autistic edgelords who are controlling and horrible.
>>
It's really funny. BPD people hurt you and then ask you to sympathize with them... They hurt you and call themselves the victim when you explain calmly how they hurt you. I have bipolar and had a BPD friend who abused me and basically used my illness against me. How am I, let alone anyone, supposed to empathize with someone who would claim symptoms like mine but had never been institutionalized for a psychotic break? They never had to take medicine; they lied about having illnesses they didn't have by listening to me describe my symptoms. Do you know how humiliating that is? To have your illness stolen from you, but only for sympathy and manipulation? They love to deligitimize others experiences.

A few years after we stopped being friends they made a Facebook rant while I was hospitalized for self harming during an episode of mania that ended up giving me a psychotic break that lasted a very long three days. I had stopped being friendly because they had started being a massive SJW and would attack me for not being transpositive enough (they are not trans, I am) and going out to LGBT events. They then tried hitting on one of my female friends and started identifying as a lesbian (they arent actually gay) for the sole purpose of stealing. I called them out on their stealing of people's prescription pills and money, and they fucking threw a hissy fit and said I was paranoid and that they would never do something like that, doubted my recollection. So a police report was filed against her by two people unrelated after we informed them that it was her who stole the stuff and she got arrested and went away for a year and change. When I was hospitalized she made a long Facebook post to her new group of friends saying I was in the hospital for abusing heroin and that I was faking being bipolar and having crippling psychoses. Ever since I get weird stalking, harassing messages from her friends and herself. BPD people feel no guilt about their actions.
>>
>>8699188
As a grammar führer I kindly ask you to reformulate that statement as it makes little sense the way it's confected.
>>
>>8699288
>they are not trans, I am
>im a woman
>im copying the woman
>im copying the person thats copying the woman
>im copying the person thats copying the person thats copying the woman
wOAH, Is this circum/twircum/versogender?
>>
>>8699288
>and would attack me for not being transpositive enough (they are not trans, I am)
What did you say that they didn't consider transpositive?
>>
File: genderp.png (40KB, 1039x618px) Image search: [Google]
genderp.png
40KB, 1039x618px
>>8699288
>for the sole purpose of stealing
The self-unawareness...
>>
>>8699288
I hate their fucking victim mentality with borderlines. They'll emotionally abuse you constantly but as soon as you react negatively, suddenly YOU'RE the problem for not being sympathetic of their heinous personality.

Bipolar people can be awful too but every bipolar person I've known has sought treatment and ended up being normal afterward. Borderlines rarely want to change, instead, everyone around them must change or face their wrath. They're just as bad as narcissists.
>>
>>8699407
So much this. The only thing they care about is emotionally feeling good 24/7. They will hurt and abuse the people they care about if they aren't receiving instant emotional gratification and then act like the victim when you call out they are acting shitty. Nothing matters to them except what feels the best in the moment.
>>
>>8698873
Still can't trust you with my sanity.

It's like a car that broke down a whole bunch. sure, you think you fixed it, but what ELSE is going to go?
Or my motorbike. It died on me twice due to a duff battery. Having replaced that, do I trust the rest of the electrics? No. I check the lights, I'm constantly paranoid about power issues, etc.
>>
>>8698924
>After a short argument, due to "black and white thinking" that textbook borderlines have, he manipulated some of my best friends into turning against me, manipulated ME into thinking I was a worthless, friendless sack of shit who didn't deserve his friendship or anyone else's, and then blocked me on every platform and a year later ignored my offer to come to my birthday party so we could reconcile. He manipulated me well enough that I believed his hurtful claims about me being worthless and undeserving

This is why I don't trust BPDs. Someone did this to me. I couldn't live with knowing that I was hurting them, and nearly killed myself.
It was only through not wanting to take someone else with me that I decided against it at the last second. Death stared me in the face, and I chose life. I went home, I cut them out of my life, and I've been improving ever since.
I'm now on the verge of kicking out the one final thing that's been dragging me back, as well. It's been hard to kick that because it's my fucking JOB, but I've got a good chance of a better one now.
>>
>>8699337
I used to talk shit on transtrenders a lot because some of my toxic, old friends would zone me out for transitioning but later started going to college and acting like they were trans. Pissed me off. They had been around in the LGBT association at the college and this girl heard shit from them then started asking about them, so I told her the truth. At first she was cool with it and went along with my version, but later when she started getting super SJW suddenly I was transphobic and had internalized transphobia and was a sexist mansplainer and more and more garbage.

>>8699348
>>8699332
I'm FtM. I know for a fact this girl did not manage to have sex with anyone while being a "lesbian," she would only go outside to mooch off people and spent moat of her time as a shut-in; she also has a boyfriend currently and two kids.
>>
>>8699437
yeah senpai i just see other "people" if you can even call them them because i am god and everyone is lower than me as stepping stones
>>
>>8699407
My nigga I wish I could change but I cant there aren't even any treatments for being borderline
>>
>>8699407
I am ashamed of my bipolar. I do not like the idea of showing my mood to others, especially the mania and anger. I don't think present treatment can cure me, but it can help me control psychosis, which has always been a huge anxiety for me. Reducing instances of psychosis is the most important thing. I have to worry that stress will bring on an episode and then my delusions and hallucinations will cost me everything. People tend to understand that I'm uncomfortable, but I don't expect them to understand what I see and hear... I don't expect people to valudate that, because it is not real. It is not anything but a fucked up brain doing things that it should never do.

>>8699499
Thinking you're god and a messiah or some shit--- that's more like mania than BPD.
>>
>>8699502
suicide or complete social isolation
>>
>>8699518
Yeah nigga no I'm glad I'm BPD so I can fuck with people like you hopefully I can be your friend and drain you of life one day :^)
>>
>>8699502
Aren't there though? I remember hearing somewhere that borderlines can go through treatment and at least come out semi-functional. Maybe I'm wrong.

>>8699522
Yeah, you should kill yourself, because it's obvious just by this post that you'll never be loved by anyone long term. Have fun dying alone while the people you hurt go on to live fulfilling, loving lives without you.
>>
>>8699502
There are treatment options, but they are rare as most psychs will not touch someone diagnosed with BPD. You would have to research your options.
>>
>>8699522
im also bpd and i recommended suicide or isolation. i refuse to hurt others I hurt myself instead
>>8699529
a person with bpd should die alone that way no one takes their death too seriously
>>
>>8699554
Why not use your gift you were made this way for a reason. Look at how people think about people with BPD if you ask me they deserve what they get.
>>
>>8699511
Bipolar is perfectly treatable and it's more than possible that you can completely overcome it with proper care. Have you tried switching medications? You should not be psychotic while medicated. Since I assume you're type 1, are you on an antidepressant by any chance?
>>
>>8699499
Anon that is mania as >>8699511 pointed out.

No someone with BPD will cheat on you if someone else is giving them more attention in the moment. To them the more immediate emotional feel good they have the better, and if you criticize them in anyway you hate them and think they are shit. As I said, they destroy the people who care about them most because of these reasons. They don't view people as stepping stones, they just think only about their immediate emotional feels which in turn causes them to hurt themselves by destroying friendships and relationships which grant them long term sources of good emotional feelings. They will threaten to hurt themselves and emotionally manipulate you to get you to give them nurturance. It is hard to break free of someone with BPD as well, because on the flip side they can also give you more love and attention than a healthy person can which draws you in and fucks with you.
>>
>>8699554
Most people with BPD don't recognize their actions are wrong or own up to it. You are one of the few who do and can be saved. You should look up treatment options.
>>
>>8699559
I'm on antidepressants and have a script for an anti-anxiety and anti-psychotic medication in case of severe mania. I used to take seroquel and lexapro when the doctors couldn't figure out whether I was schizophrenic or bipolar. I don't pay good attention, but they made me switch to Zoloft for a while but I had a really bad reaction 6 months in, then i had another drug for 6 months, now I use Prozac and have for 2 years. I have no idea what the anti-psychotic and the anti-anxiety meds are. I dont use the prescription anyways abd the doctors said itd be fine if i just tool the main two meds. I'd love to have seroquel again. I have terrible mania that coincides/causes insomnia and seroquel would knock me right out.
>>
>>8699609
Also I forgot to add: previous psychiatrist gave bad dosage and had psychotic break because medicine was too many side effects for me to handle... so I got stressed and abruptly quit the medicine. I was hospitalized only a week later.
>>
>>8699609
>I'd love to have seroquel again.
You are the first person I have ever heard say that. From a person who is not bipolar but has psychosis, seroquel is awful stuff that makes you gain so much weight.

I was on prozac for two decades before I swapped out for a different pill, then a different one a few years later. Now my pills change every two months or so. You will find after a decade or two you develop a tolerance for it.
>>
>>8699632
I dont care about gaining weight. For a long time benadryl was my choice for sleep aids, or I'd just drink heavily. I've been doing this for four years, I can't drink or force myself to sleep. Fat people are probably a bit happier, anyways. Can always lose the weight later. I honestly think they will try Zoloft again but my only opinions are a) it made me have strange haloing in my vision, and b) it doesn't work immediately.
>>
File: tumblr_l4npegAhrL1qbb7x1o1_500.jpg (47KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_l4npegAhrL1qbb7x1o1_500.jpg
47KB, 500x282px
>>8699632
I WISH seroquel made you gain weight
>>
>>8699660
>I WISH seroquel made you gain weight
It normally does, it isn't as bad as risperidone though. To counteract it I starve myself every second day so I don't gain.
>>
>>8699655
>For a long time benadryl was my choice for sleep aids
That is unfortunate. I take zopiclone (I don't think they can legally sell it in the USA so the closest thing for you would be lunesta) for sleep, and modafinil to wake up.
>>
>>8699668
>risperidone

Does that have terrible side effects or is it just a normal anti-psychotic?
>>
>>8699609
It's time to get a new doctor because yours is an idiot. Antidepressants will trigger mania big time in type 1 patients. If you had type 2, you could take them with an anti-psychotic and be fine, but since it's obvious you're type 1 it's the antidepressants that are causing your mania.

If you need help with depression, Latuda is a good med - it's an anti-psychotic but really helps bipolar depression, I'm on it and have never felt better. But get the fuck off those antidepressants, for the love of God. It pisses me off how ignorant some doctors are.
>>
>>8699690
Varies from person to person. For me it made me feel awful, and as I said it made me gain huge amounts of weight.
>>
>>8699490
>im copying a man, but im totally real!
>Hey im trans as well
>HOW DARE YOU FUCKING COPY ME!!!!

You are a deluded cunt.
>>
>>8699705
Antidepressants trigger mania in a swathe of bipolars regardless of type 1/type 2/cyclothymia status. Some bipolars will experience treatment resistance or the treatment will work but suddenly cease to abruptly after about a month. Not every bipolar goes through mixed or manic episodes on antidepressants.
>>
>>8698342
Why is this even posted in /lgbt/ are you implying that lgbt people develop bpd like symptoms or something?
>>
As a bipolar trans lady it's really nice knowing I suffer from a mental illness basically everyone understands and empathises with. It's basically totally socially acceptable for me to be a shitwreck because I never take it out on other people like selfish BPD shits, instead I just hurt myself and my life trajectory. BPD a shit, i cut every personality disorder friend out of my life over the past few months
>>
>>8701003
>I suffer from a mental illness basically everyone understands and empathizes with.
either this is a sarcasmpost or you're lucky.

I'm a bipolar trans woman and my parents think bipolar is a meme and no mental illness should ever be treated with medication.
I am self-diagnosed bipolar though so I could just be massively depressed and im mistaking happiness for hypomania or something.
I haven't told them I'm trans yet because my dad is trans and homophobic.

Frankly I don't know what to do.
>>
Is it weird that I want a BPD gf because I need a lot of love and attention and also give a lot of love and attention?
>>
>>8701003
I agree with this. Being bipolar ruined my childhood and half my teenage years, but at least it's treatable. Nowadays people look at me with disbelief when I tell them I'm bipolar because the symptoms have completely subsided.

On the other hand, people with personality disorders are complete whackjobs. A former friend of mine had BPD, current friend has APD (avoidant), and I used to have a narcissist in the family. There's no helping those guys because they flat out refuse. The avoidant friend I like, but if I wasn't also friends with his mother, I would never see him.

>>8701058
>I am self-diagnosed bipolar though
Into the trash you go.
>>
>>8701190
You'll regret it if anyone else talks to her and gives her attention.
>>
File: 1500657571277.jpg (96KB, 477x477px) Image search: [Google]
1500657571277.jpg
96KB, 477x477px
>>8700938
You bordies always take everything way too fucking personally.
>>
BPD people are the scum of the earth. Nice try.
>>
>>8700658
What? Where did I claim to be "real?" That's bogus. I may not be a real man, but I am really gender dysphoric. Those former friends never transitioned and weren't dysphoric. Of course I didn't believe then that they were trans or care. I used to talk shit about them, but I stopped because I realized it didn't matter to me at all. I was just insecure. I never said they copied me: they were incredibly transphobic before changing to fit transtrender behavior. They were my good friends, too, before they rejected me outright. I was just mad at people who were being hypocrites and outright expressed transphobic reasons for cutting ties. What is not to get? I forgave them later, anyways. One of them is now identifying as NB, and the other doesn't even crossdress anymore, so...

>>8699705
see
>>8700670
My doctors had always warned me it wouldn't remove mania, and none of thew drugs I've used have, but I do not have psychotic breaks or severe psychosis while using antidepressants.
>>
>>8701864
So you admit to being a woman?
>>
>>8701864
But why are your doctors not putting you on meds to remove mania as well as psychosis? That doesn't make sense to me.
>>
File: wuh.png (7KB, 239x277px) Image search: [Google]
wuh.png
7KB, 239x277px
Yeah trying to get help for borderline is super irritating.. Cause regular meds wont really cut it cause it's a PD and the thing that does help and can eventually get rid of it is DBT which good luck finding that anywhere as no psych wants to touch that stuff which entails at least 2 times a week group therapy and constant access to a psych/therapist. There are not as heavy versions that is like visit with psych/therapist once a week and also group therapy at least twice a week for minimum two years. Which really only large cities might have.

I found out I had borderline two years ago and set out immediately to try and get it dealt with as soon as possible because I hate the idea of burdening the people I care so much about, im diagnosed now and seeing a psych about meds but at this point it's all I can do.. Last time I went to the county mental health for suicide stuff and getting in, when I told them I had bpd they made me wait for the like head person there and she told me there was nothing they could do, which I cried of course telling them I just want to get better and they told me to my face "You have borderline, you wont get better, you just have to learn to live with it." and anyways that was soul crushing.
>>
>>8702017
That's pretty gross. I'm sorry for your experiences and your burden.
>>
>>8698924
kinda your own fault for trusting believing or even associating with a BPD person lol
>>
>>8702017
>I cried of course telling them I just want to get better and they told me to my face "You have borderline, you wont get better

Gee, I wonder why us borderlines don't trust neurotypicals
>>
>>8702069
>neurotypicals
You aren't autistic, BPD is mood disorder not a neurological disorder. Autists at least are loyal to their partners unlike BPD folks, albeit they are weirdos.
>>
>>8699522
>implying i would ever be friends with someone like you
>>
>>8702017
That is because people with your condition constantly lie about wanting to commit suicide and do go to psychwards simply for the attention it brings. It sucks they profiled you simply because of your condition though, but that is why they did it. Have you considered moving to a city where DBT is offered? I know it is extremely rare to find a psych who offers it due to the amount of work involved, but you should really consider moving for it.
>>
>>8702069
hahahhaha you're fucking stupid in so many ways
>>
File: owo.png (34KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
owo.png
34KB, 160x160px
>>8702069
>neurotypicals
>us borderlines

go back to tumblr
>>
>>8698342
>>8698360
I know how to deal with BPD, I have an ex and a current gf with it, the ex was kind of a nightmare, but my new gf seems really nice. She's easily pleased and is humble, I think dealing with BPD has a lot to do with the overall character of the person you're dealing with and there's no real one size fits all kind of solution.

The general guidelines you laid out seem to be alright though.
>>
>>8702097
Yeah I do plan on, eventually. It will have to be after uni sadly.
>>
I want to save my bpd friend. She's always so sad and anxious ;_;
I just want to hold her the whole day
>>
>>8701394
>Into the trash you go.
Out of curiosity how do these things usually go?

Did you get your bipolar diagnosis by being put in a psych ward or because you thought you had bipolar and went to a psychologist?
>>
>>8702017
Ok, as much as i dislike borderlines and was wronged by them by being held hostage with forced sexual blackmail by a borderline/narcissist that turned into a full junkie and blamed me for it for not being a good enough sexslave, YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR PERSONALITY. I changed myself into a completely different person, my ideal self, im even getting rid of my unhealthy binge eating disorder and loosing weight on weight-gaining medication and am working on becoming a good wife for my BWC italian fiance.
Im a kinda selfish and lazy, but thats just because my brain is fucking up and i need time to heal from other brain disabilities i was diagnosed as a child for and psychosis caused by the borderline narcissist.
>>
>>8702017
I know your suffering anon, I try constantly to improve, to get better so I'm not a burden to everyone around me, I know I'll always have this shit, but improving on little things at a time is realistic, and can add up over time.

I try to be a good person and help others, dedicate myself to those I love.

The struggle is that people think that even me communicating my feelings to them is me being manipulative, someone else's guilt for how I feel is not a response I choose, I just need to communicate to survive relationships and friendships and I'm so sick of this misinterpretation.

I mean it might be my fault in a way, most people I've dated or been very close to have BPD as well, and honestly probably were a shitty influence and made me worse, relapse into shitty ways after trying so hard to improve.

But now I have a super kind, wholesome, FtM bf and he's my handsome prince, I can sometimes be too overwhelming for him but he communicates, we're happy and we work through things and talk about them!
It does get better, but it seems a lot more impossible alone.
>>
My experience with DBT:
My DBT required a 10 week stay with an intensive program within a hospital. We had rooms with 2 people each and honestly, it was very fun. None of them were assholes like you always read about, they all were honest people and it was so much fun hanging out with them, smoking outside, going out, shopping in the city, watching movies at night etc.
We usually had different group therapies from 08:00 - 15:00 with some therapist session, usually 1-2 hours and twice a week there were personal talks with your doctor.
Some were not stable but more in the sense of hurting themselfes and crying, not hurting others, and that only happened a few times. We helped each other out, listened when someone wanted to talk and had many possibilities of retreating. They all, including me, had the 'I'm a burden to society'-attitude. Still, 8 of the 10 people were in long-time relationships.
The program really did a lot for me and I can cope way better now.

Please, give it a shot. Lamotrigine and ADs helped aswell. I visit a clinical psychiatrist once a month to give me prescriptions and help me now and then with planning my future (just quit my job and my studies).
>>8702017
I'm sorry that happened to you. I've experienced something similar and many told me that BPD-people won't find a therapist when they are visible instable. They told me I should visit the hospital every weekend, just to stabilize myself. How are you doing now? Maybe stabilizing yourself in a clinic and a program could help you, then search a therapist and promising them you won't hurt yourself and you're doing better now. Many are legit scared of BPD but as there are hundreds of combinations of symptoms not every BPD is the same. Many therapists and even psychiatrists don't know a lot about BPD, or little about this diagnosis.
At least get on meds, I'm sure there is a clinic psychiatrists nearby, who can give you at least prescriptions without intense therapy.
>>
>>8699660
omfg that pic

I know a girl with bdp, wish I had gotten to know her more but sometimes shell like wave and smile at me and other times look suuuper angry so i dunno
>>
>>8699502
DBT
>>
ew
>>
>>8702059
Most people will end up being familiar with someone with a PD at some point during their life, and a lot of times you don't notice the symptoms unless you become really close to them. It's doubtful anyone would willingly let a toxic person in their life if they didn't seem like good people at first.
>>
File: fuwa.jpg (336KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
fuwa.jpg
336KB, 1440x2560px
I used to display BPD traits towards people I dated online, but then when I started dating people in person they stopped. I think having only online relationships can exacerbate feelings that are associated with BPD, which can lead people into thinking they have it when they don't. It can be far more difficult to feel like someone cares and won't leave you if they can't be there in person.
>>
>>8698469
Is this pic supposed to make me empathetic
If someone destroys something of mine I will be upset
I will understand maybe but will expect them to pay for it
If someone pisses on me I will be upset
But I can wash off and leave them be alone until they're better
If someone fucking *mutilates* me?
Get out of my life please
>>
>BPD

sounds like top quality not-marxism
>>
My bf is borderline all of this is bs
>>
BPD+NPD comorbid here. You're all extremely fucking ignorant about these disorders and how they work. It's appalling. And these comics with the "cute" rabbits that are being posted are very rude, but I guess I shouldn't expect anything else from 4chan.
>>
>>8704999
Continued.

It's amazing how people I know with so-called "illnesses" manage to be more empathetic and understanding than those of you who aren't afflicted. Insensitive. So insensitive. You don't deserve the joys people like myself can bring you. "Don't stick your dick in crazy." Fuck you.
>>
>>8701832
Fuck you.
>>
You had all better watch what you say around people like me. It's not wise to run your mouth about matters you don't understand.
>>
>>8704999
>People recounting personal horror stories of people they have known with the condition.
>Claiming they are ignorant because their experiences don't match you.
Grats, you are one of the very few sane ones. That however doesn't discount that most people with the condition are abusive and disgusting.
>>
>>8705118
I think calling a group of people who are afflicted with something they can't control is pretty abusive. But double standards don't matter--no, the only thing that matters to people like you is that your "feelings" were hurt. Well BPD is constant emotional pain that never goes away. Sorry, am I being too "manipulative"?
>>
>>8705136
calling a group of people scum, disgusting, etc.*

I left out some words.
>>
>>8705136
this @everyone who insults trans as a mental illness. would you insult someone for having cancer?
>>
>>8705171
no, but it's not the same

I recognise cancer is a disease, but I do not judge people for either trying to treat it or accepting it peacefully

Likewise, I recognise trans as a mental illness, but I don't judge people for having it and either choosing to ignore it or to try to treat it as best as we are able to
>>
>>8705222
But you judge all borderlines to be bad? What's with that?
>>
>>8705136
People who use their diagnoses to justify infidelity, manipulation, and emotional abuse can rightfully be called disgusting. The label fits for people who act in that manner, I wouldn't say all people with BPD are awful. Only the bulk who use it to justify being terrible.
>>
>>8705244
For example, I respect people like >>8702729 >>8702017 who recognize they have a problem and take accountability for when they hurt others. I do not respect people who do not own up to their actions or try to improve, and expect others to just deal with the abuse they dish out.
>>
Why does this board have so many threads about bpd?
>>
>>8705677
Cluster B personality disorders aside from ASPD are common among LGBT people, especially the trans part.
>>
>>8705012
Good, we dont want any so called joy from borderline narcissists.

T. Survivor on bpd npd sexual abuse/hostage
>>
>>8705037

Why should people be careful of you? What would you do to them?
>>
>>8705231
Because you destroy lives constantly
>>
>>8706895
>>8706942
Well maybe you deserved the abuse for being such a fucking idiot.
>>
tfw no bpd gf
>>
>>8707827
Yeah, i, a multiply mentally disabled person use to be more fearful of things so i deserved being held hostage and sexually abused by a borderline narcissist and got stockholm syndrome that only went away because i developed the strongest psychosis possible which made me not fear forced hostage abuse, so nobody controls me now.

And i will continue to not be stupid and inform others about the empty borderline narcissists so they cut them out of their lives.
>>
>>8707904
Mentally disabled how? Are trannies admitting it now?
>>
>>8707935
No no no, not a tranny.
I was diagnossed at 5 with moderate autism with tourettes and depression and also scored high with ADD.

But my extreme forced abuse and murder attempts fixed all that and now im just fighting off my psychosis.
>>
>>8707947
The abuse and murder attempts by the borderline narcissist onto me.

I was so fucked up i felt like i wasnt a person for years.
But i didnt let myself become like them.
>>
>>8707884
Out of curiosity, why do you want a bpd girlfriend? Are you looking for an emotionally abusive relationship?
>>
File: 1493121325922.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1493121325922.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>8708186
I have few selling points and most of the ones I have boil down to "I can be in a relationship with BPD without taking damage to my mental health", it would be foolish to not look for a relationship there

Not to say I don't find a lot of BPDs attractive (I like clingyness for example) or that I don't think it would be more entertaining, but compatibility and increased chance of starting a relationship in the first place is a big selling point - I wouldn't date everyone with BPD but it's not necessarily a flaw to me

I don't think an abusive relationship with me is possible without me being the sole abuser and even that is unlikely, I generally don't stay in situations I don't directly benefit from

Either way acting-in BPD exists, not everyone with the same diagnosis is the same person
For one there's a lot of misdiagnosis between BPD and other disorders so not everyone who claims to have it does, you could be dating someone with ASPD thinking they're BPD for example - in fact a lot of the common BPD horror stories I heard don't sound like BPD at all unless you assume the victim has it and is simply projecting
>>
>>8708410
>unless you assume the victim has it and is simply projecting
This explains most of the replies to this thread.
>>
>>8709233
So whos the real victim?
>>
>>8711542
Anons for having BPD
>>
I just had a BPD girl in my life. I think I'm in love with her, terrafied of her, and I'm pretty sure I recenty destroyed my relationship with her. I'm done with girls for a while... maybe forever.
>>
>>8708186
not that anon but I share the sentiment

I am very patient and understanding (my family had 1 narcissist and 1 narcissistish), but I am also a bit boring. I highly value new and intense experiences. I feel somewhat well suited to dealing with BPD and would actually enjoy the shitty aspects a little bit because hey its something to do. I am also extremely resistant to manipulation, it may cause some tension but is ultimately the healthiest way to form a relationship. As long as my partner is faithful and loving it will work, cheat on me and your ass is on the curb, no exceptions.
>>
>>8711590
tru dat
http://www.radiolab.org/story/revising-fault-line/
>>
File: 1428872340159.jpg (39KB, 560x349px) Image search: [Google]
1428872340159.jpg
39KB, 560x349px
>>8698360
>Be validating. Don’t ignore a text or a phone call, we have been ignored all our lives and feel invisible.
That's what we've always done yet its never enough for your crazy ass. Not picking up a phone call is not a reason for you to go around getting 'revenge' by lying to people about how we abused you or faking a terminal illness or any of the other insanely abusive shit you do. It amazes me how little you people seem to realize that

>For some, BPD is as terminal as cancer.
If only. I wish you would all wake up with inoperable brain tumors.
I hope the next big mass murderer shoots up a bpd group therapy session
>>
My mother has BPD and to be honest its not something I want to deal with ever again after having to live in it for 17 years.

anyone who thinks they could have a relationship with someone with BPD should reconsider. you will never make someone with BPD happy. You will never be happy with someone with BPD.
And please never ever have children with someone with BPD.

its a horrific illness and I feel terrible for anyone who has it and anyone who has to live with someone who suffers from it...
>>
>>8711695
>cheat on me and your ass is on the curb, no exceptions.
dont set yourself up for failure then
>>
>>8711722
But calling bpd an illness full stop makes those cunts act like if you leave them its like leaving sommeone dying of cancer.
>>
>>8711830
big difference though.
someone who has cancer isnt that likely to be abusive unless pain gets the better of them.

someone who has cancer is far more likely to take prescribed medication than someone with BPD who is prone to saying fuck it to meds whenever their mood shifts in that direction.

the reality is there is almost nothing you could say to someone with BPD that doesnt have a chance of triggering them. hell, even if there was a flat out cute for BPD someone with it would probably flip out over because "cure" or "treatment" implies "theres something wrong with you"
>>
>>8711830
Trannies have finally found a group of people worse than them and are relishing the opportunity.

https://youtu.be/NgWn7zbgxZ4
>>
File: get in the van.png (755KB, 500x1078px) Image search: [Google]
get in the van.png
755KB, 500x1078px
>>8711914
Even i agree BPD people are worse than trannies.
>>
Im a disabled neurodiverse queer woman of colour and i was almost murdered multiple times by someone that turned out to be a closet tranny with BPD/NPD that used mental abuse and threats of violence to keep me as their sexslave hostage.
They told me they were a doctor and that they would fix my mental problems with a "treatment" which involved magic.
The abuse was so bad i became asexual around her.
She worshiped crowley(a child rapist murderer) and would tell me that i was an ugly whore/slut/retard and that she would look way better as a woman than me and grew her hair longer and shaved, she looked quite disgusting and would not be able to pass. She started to take hard drugs and blame me even though i was a very obedient and grateful hostage making great strides in progress with my treatment. But as my awakening was becoming so strong she started taking dangerous drugs that made her neoclit very small and said i was lying about being a retard and made fun of me instead of treating me, but when i realized she was making fun of me i scanned my diagnosis, but it was too late. Because she didn't properly perform the treatment onto me i ended up having to go to the ward multiple times. Eventually i outgrew the treatment and had to cut them out of my life because i surpassed her.(yeah the treatment was a joke but i didn't realize it at the time, in fact im still a bit psychotic from it)

Now im marrying a kind BigWhiteCock cis male that shows me what love is and i'm recovering my demisexuality.
>>
>>8711706
But you actually do sound abusive.
>>
>>8713677
i am now
>>
>>8713677
retaliation to abuse is not abuse by the way
>>
>>8698342
Patting yourself on the back without taking responsibility for any of your destructive decisions while guilt tripping your victims in a massive unhinged rant is standard BDP behavior, and it's the reason we don't want anything to do with you.

>Showing appreciative respect often to bpd people is very helpful to us and is very valued more than anything
Yeah, I bet you like having your ego stroked while you indulge your abusive impulses. Fuck off.
>>
>>8717166
Wishing a group of people get killed by a mass murderer is pretty insensitive and tells a lot about your personality. You probably have a cluster-B disorder yourself.
>>
>>8718130
I'd rather deal with a borderline than someone like you who is full of hatred.
>>
>>8718151
I understand you and the OP's argument that borderlines are people too and "not all borderlines!" yadda yadda, and I'm not disagreeing with you, but as someone who was seriously manipulated and nearly driven to suicide just because of one borderline ex boyfriend, it's hard to not say things like that out of anger and yes, hatred, BOILING hatred, for the person and their shitty illness which caused you so much emotional harm.

I'm not the anon you replied to btw. But that anon was probably a lot like me in the sense that we were accepting and sympathetic of the borderline we allowed in our life, convinced by people like you that it can't be -THAT- bad (after all they're people too!) in the beginning until we got smashed into pieces by the abuse that followed. If anon was abused, he/she has every right to feel hatred.
>>
>>8698342
>But step back for a moment, really look at us. Inside, you will find the most compassionate, empathetic, kind, giving people you will meet.
these are not things you say about yourself

when you say these things about yourself people immediately question your motivations and go on guard

those are things you do, not things you claim, what you want is the reward for being that, not the reward of DOING that

that's why you're rejected, because you're inherently self-absorbed and don't understand how others can be self-sacrificing for their own interests
>>
>>8712438
Actually crowley was more of an ephebophile, since pedophilia is too muslimish

he really wanted to buttfuck those teenagers tho

went really far to try and justify that one
>>
>>8718146
>tells a lot about your personality
no it doesn't. it tells a lot about the way you treat the people in your life that love you. just lol if you think you deserve sensitivity after all the shit you put people through

>You probably have a cluster-B disorder yourself.
projecting, gaslighting. typical
>>
>>8718520
there's one autist who goes around diagnosing everyone on this board with BPD because he read it in a meta-analysis once.

Illusory correlation is the tendency to see non-existent correlations in a set of data.[52] This tendency was first demonstrated in a series of experiments in the late 1960s.[53] In one experiment, participants read a set of psychiatric case studies, including responses to the Rorschach inkblot test. The participants reported that the homosexual men in the set were more likely to report seeing buttocks, anuses or sexually ambiguous figures in the inkblots. In fact the fictional case studies had been constructed so that the homosexual men were no more likely to report this imagery or, in one version of the experiment, were less likely to report it than heterosexual men.[52] In a survey, a group of experienced psychoanalysts reported the same set of illusory associations with homosexuality.[52][53]
>>
File: 1431132109084s.jpg (3KB, 125x98px) Image search: [Google]
1431132109084s.jpg
3KB, 125x98px
>>8698342
>you will find the most compassionate, empathetic, kind, giving people you will meet.
> we have been seeking help most of our lives
>we have been fighting to get “normal” forever
>most BPD’s I have met hurt only themselves
>you have reinforced the idea that we are unworthy, hopeless
>mfw
oh boy everything is wrong and weird
if you have issues with your partner go talk to them, the best thing you can do is admit you are wrong whenever you are and dont make a big deal about it
dont make a big deal out of anything and you will be fine

this rant just makes me believe you are going through something and its totally fine to let it all out but cut the crap
my mom and sister have it and I've suffered BPD more than they have
this is a bunch of bullshit

>you may think we are "the worst" but actually we are "the best"
>you may think we are deluded but shut up, lalala I cant hear you im right and you are just a hater
>>
>>8698360
>Be validating. Don’t ignore a text or a phone call, we have been ignored all our lives and feel invisible.
I need to sleep.
I need to shower.
I need to work at work and not be on the phone.
I may not have signal.
I recently spent 4 days in a field with my phone on airplane mode due to lack of signal and need to preserve battery.
I need my goddamn alone time.
I regularly forget the outside world exists when I'm into something.

The world does not revolve around you. Mine certainly fucking doesn't, and my self-care has to come first because I'll go insane otherwise.
>>
>>8722493
you could also choose not to be in a relationship at this time in your life
>>
>>8722849
So could you, crazy bitch.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (208KB, 1021x1027px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
208KB, 1021x1027px
>>8698342
>wall of text about fucked up emotions and relationships
>needy
>cling-tastic
yep, thats BPD

Honestly senpai, I know shit's hard, but how much can you expect us to accommodate you?

also the clingyness and neediness of it is really unappealing to people romantically, unless their a fucking sociopath.

bright side is if you work on it, you can recover from it.
>get a psychiatrist who can help work you through the abusive relationship(s) you were in
>stay single until you're confident you are recovered.
>practice mindfulness
>practice self-building and not self-destruction
>find a FP who is healthy for you, and who you dont want to date ever.
>baby steps away from them emotionally until you build your emotional autonomy
>>
No, fuck off. I'm not validating any of you. Oh boo fucking hoo.

Take your fucking medication, stay off the drugs, fix your fucking life up.

It really is that simple, you're just making excuses to abuse disability schemes and get away with anything no matter how stupidly hurtful or bullshit.

Literally fix up or kill yourselves. The reason we abandon you is because you genuinely don't do anything to make it better and we end up getting shit on time after time. Harden the fuck up, the worlds a shit place.
>>
>>8722938
your replies are making me think that maybe YOU have BPD anon
>>
>>8701796
it just seems off topic. for a board solely about lgbt stuff.
>>
>>8724712
people who diagnose online are worse then Hitler
>>
>>8702017

Hang in there, that is all I can say. I went through DBT three years ago and it really was a life-saver for me...but it is not the pancea that many believe it is. We had so many people drop out of the program for a variety of reasons and the only other person I saw "graduate" the program, other than myself, started going into hysterics because she said she was still just as fucked up as she was when she began.

Just try to find a decent therapist and medicine program. Good luck. we love you
>>
>>8724797
Why are you so mean? And you have the gall to criticize borderlines?
>>
>>8725403
because you are literally dangerous people who need to be carefully monitored or you'll keep doing fucked up shit to innocent bystanders
>>
>>8724865
And yet, I don't. I have paperwork saying I don't. There's just a bunch of overlap between that and what I DO have, especially when you add in minor brain damage to the equation.
>>
>>8725899
>And yet, I don't. I have paperwork saying I don't.
that's a pretty big red flag for everyone else buddy
>>
>>8718273
Your just reacting from a bad interpreted misunderstanding.
There is too much miscommunication between BPD's and NON's.
But by how hateful you are of borderline people, it reinforces how merciful bpd people are because the bpd in your life would of killed you if they gave you what you deserved.
>>
>>8718556
Ban avading pedofile bannd plz save children from the pefofile
>>
>>8726483
>But by how hateful you are of borderline people, it reinforces how merciful bpd people are because the bpd in your life would of killed you if they gave you what you deserved.
So people deserve to be murdered just for being bitter over toxic people? Wow, just wow. And I wasn't even being hateful, I was agreeing with you, but also defending anon for being rightfully angry.

Saying shit like that proves just how NOT merciful you are. I pity you and your sad existence, I really do.
>>
>>8725903
Guess what, though? I'm able to be a functioning member of society. Hold down a job, own a car, pay rent, have partners.
I can get away with being just slightly wierd and having to warn people of things before they get involved with them.

You?
You can't keep a job. You can't keep a partner. Your crazy projects outwards, while mine's all on the inside. You're juggling running power tools with a blindfold, and hurting anyone who gets near you.
>>
>>8718520
You cannot gaslight someone over the internet.
>>
>>8727059
anon there are 62 posters in this thread, I'm not the paranoid schizophrenic who thinks they're all the same person in this conversation

right now you're being retarded because you don't even realize that at least 3 or 4 different people have been telling you that you're as fucked as the people you're getting all upset about
>>
Are there any advantages in dating a BPD girl?
>>
>>8699091
>are less compliant with treatment plans then people with paranoid schizophrenia or paranoid psychosis.
How are they doing in comparison to other PDs?
>>
>>8727647
That's like asking if there's any advantages to dating a girl with undiagnosed bipolar disorder. The answer is NO. There's a 99% chance you're going to end up in an abusive relationship with a disastrous ending.
>>
>>8727693
People with a PD are dog shit at getting or complying with treatment as most don't think they have a problem. Much like paranoids schizo/psychos don't think they have an issue either. The main difference is once medicated paranoid schizos/psychos realize they had an issue and comply to an extent.
>>
>>8726483
What if I told you that bordies are the ones who need to be killed off for the well-being of the other 94% of the human population? News Flash - people hate you for a reason. Every time you bordies ITT get into an argument, you resort to making threats and whining about how your awful personality and abuse is justified.
This is the same shit you do irl and it's annoying as fuck. You don't have a right to sympathy. Fuck off.
>>
>>8727647
No, none at all. If it is a biological girl even worse, BPD is 50% heritable so you have huge risk of making more of them. It is shocking biological women with BPD (who make up the bulk of people with the condition) aren't sterilized when the heritability rates are so damn high for the disorder.
>>
>>8701003
>i cut every personality disorder friend out of my life over the past few months
Why every personality disorder?
>>
wow this thread is still up :o
>>
>>8727789
>it's shocking we don't eugenicize people
You're a fucking freak.
>>
>>8701003
>bipolar

Bet you're self-diagnosed.

>BPD

Bet that was diagnosed by you.

When will people you don't get to have labels unless they've ruined your life?
>>
>>8728585
>implying hitler was wrong
>>
>>8727789
>50%

This is a bullshit figure.

> Specifically, Blonigen et al (2008) found that the factors that influence personality traits at both age 17 and 24 (i.e., contributions to stability) have an average heritability of about .30, whereas the factors that influence age 24 personality only (contributing to change since age 17) have a heritability of about .20.

So your child has a ~30% chance of POTENTIALLY developing BPD if they have a fucked up enough life.
>>
>>8728606
A new study shows that children of parents with BPD have a 100% chance of either inheriting BPD or VISCERALLY HATING every symptom of it in other people.

source: my ass
>>
>>8698342
How I handle people with BPD:

I just try to be very straightforward, matter of fact, and relaxed, with firm boundaries. I just go with the flow of their pushing away, then pulling in dynamic. My demeanor towards them is consistently the same, somewhat detached and logical, regardless if they're displaying attention seeking behaviors or not.

I can easily identify and resist subversive behaviors, backing off when they occur.

With this strategy, I'm pretty well immune to their fuckery; I don't mind people with BPD at all and think I get along with a few rather well this way. A good sense of humor goes a long way too, I think.
>>
>>8728606
It isn't BS, there are various unique heritable traits that can lead to a BPD diagnosis. Some traits have lower rates of heritablity than others. When the math is done the heritability of the latent BPD factor is 51% when you look at the various traits across all the various twin studies.

>Data on the four BPD scales were available for 5,533 twins and 1,202 siblings from the Netherlands, Belgium, and Australia. The correlations among the scales ranged from 0.23 to 0.50 and were best explained by a genetic common pathway model. This model specifies that genes and environment influence the covariance between four main features of BPD in qualitatively similar ways, through a single latent factor representing the BPD construct. The heritability of the latent BPD factor was 51% and the remainder of its variance was explained by unique environmental influences. For each BPD scale, except self-harm, around 50% of its variance was explained by the latent BPD factor. The remaining variance for each of the four scales was explained by genetic (4% for affective instability to 20% for self-harm) and environmental (38% for negative relationships to 67% for self-harm) factors that were specific to each scale.

Abstract:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20695804

Full paper:
https://genepi.qimr.edu.au/contents/p/staff/Distel_BiolPsych_Aug10.pdf
>>
>>8727105
I know a samefag when I see one. I know gaslighting when I see it. You're both!
>>
>>8698342
JUST had a long discussion with my BPD roommate before I saw this thread. I'm also a clinically licensed therapist, and I say this with complete sincerity:

I'm truly sorry you are how you are. But fuck all of you.
>>
>>8698469
kek, actually this, sorry but, now. Live has been destroyed to often.

I also suffered a lot of abuse but am not a cunt, maybe i was lucky, but no. sorry.

Also, it´s borderline not bipolar, but besides this its 100% right.
>>
>>8698342
isn't BPD just another way to say controlling narcissist
it's even more a meme diagnosis than gender dysphoria
>>
>>8733455
>clinically licensed therapist
>"I'm sorry you're dealing with a mental illness, but fuck you"
what did they mean by this?
>>
>>8698342
I just came to /LGBT/ for the first time in months and this was the first thread I saw and it's spooky how much it speaks to me and my current struggles.
>>
>>8734492
The truth. Most mental health professionals refuse to take on BPD patients because they don't listen, waste hospital resources and time for attention, and take way more work and effort then multiple patients combined.
>>
>>8734492
>>8734591
Therapist here again. I'll attempt to clarify my position:

I work primarily with SPMI - serious, persistent mental illness. Most of my clients have some form of schizophrenia, others have severe mood disorders, and some have Axis II personality disorders like BPD (we don't go by the Axis system anymore since the DSM 5 was published, but we still refer to it that way). People with schizophrenia and mood disorders are usually egodystonic, meaning they are aware there is a problem and want to fix it (when schizophrenics are highly symptomatic, this may not be the issue, but usually symptoms abate for a certain period where they realize they're delusional and seek help - or even if they don't fully realize they are delusional, they are still bothered by their symptoms and want to get rid of them).

People with personality disorders are general egosyntonic, meaning they don't perceive anything to be wrong with them and don't wish to work on themselves - it's the rest of the world that has the problem. BPD generally falls into this category.

I say "generally" because personality disorders in themselves are controversial even within psychiatry - they almost did away with them altogether in the DSM 5, but elected to keep them because they could not come to a consensus on an appropriate replacement. Rarely does someone suffering from a personality disorder perfectly fit into one category - people with BPD can also have symptoms consistent with other personality disorders such as Narcissistic, Histrionic, Schizoid, or Antisocial Personality Disorder as well, and vice versa.

The point is, people diagnosed with personality disorders have deep, ingrained patterns of thoughts and behaviors present since childhood with no apparent periods of abatement. Hence, "personality" disorder. They are notoriously difficult to treat. Dialectical Behavioral Therapy has shown promise in treating BPD, and some do recover, but it is difficult.

(1/2)
>>
>>8734822
(2/2)
This all brings me back to my "fuck all of you" comment. Imagine you're a therapist - you put up with people all day, filling you up with their trauma, problems, issues, projections, etc. You bust your ass to try to help them, all the while knowing that a good portion of them are doomed to a life of addiction and poverty. You have to keep a calm demeanor, always staying positive, always being kind, empathetic, and understanding no matter what emotional crisis you're being presented with or what insults are being thrown at you, day after day after day, all for the salary of a manager at a fast food restaurant. Then you come home to your BPD roommate screaming at you because you forgot to take the trash out. You try to reason with him, try to talk him down, but he refuses to let it go. Keep in mind, this is a man from a wealthy mother who's been through DBT therapy twice and received the finest treatment money can buy - and he refuses to use any of the tools he's learned. He would rather despise the very ground you walk on because you left a dish in the sink or didn't take out the trash - purely (in his mind) in an effort to purposefully ruin his life. All this, after you've given every ounce of compassion you have in your body to the same type of people all day long.

Again, I'm truly sorry that you are how you are. But fuck all of you.
>>
>>8734830
>>8734822
god, being a therapist sounds fucking awful. good on you people for taking the real shit jobs.
>>
I wasn't wary of or negative towards BPD people until I saw this thread and the utterly crazy defences of BPD people. You are all seriously fucked in the head.
>>
>>8735036
Thanks - I honestly do love it overall. I couldn't imagine doing anything else for a living, and believe me, I've tried. But the burnout is real and it does take a mental and emotional toll on you. Looking to eventually work my way into a private rehab/facility or start a practice. Money is a lot better there.
>>
>>8734830
>Then you come home to your BPD roommate screaming at you because you forgot to take the trash out.
That, generally, would get them a smack in the face.
>>
>>8735128
but then you get charged for assault because these people have to be the victims in every circumstance.
>>
>>8735177
Eviction would also be a result. Yell at me? Get out of my home.
I do not and cannot tolerate BPD.
>>
>>8733455
Please post on the
ch
.net/rtd/ board
>>
>>8734408
I was talking about borderline bpd, but bipolar is completely different.
>>
File: s_by_Dogisaga.png (21KB, 693x373px) Image search: [Google]
s_by_Dogisaga.png
21KB, 693x373px
>>8734488
Please join the mental health conversation

Together we can fight bpd narcissism.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-16-12-57-08-1.png (297KB, 706x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-16-12-57-08-1.png
297KB, 706x1021px
>>8734830
BORDERLINE NARCISSIST PEOPLE ONLY ACT NICE UNTIL THEY DONT HAVE TO. TGE TREATMENT FOR BPD IS TELLING TGEM THEY "may" RECEIVE REWARDS FOR BEING NICE BUT THEY ARE ALWSYS CUNTS AND EXPECT THE FUCKING REWARD AND IF YOU DONT GIVE IT TO THEM THEY ARE GOING TO HAVE TO... "Request for it"...
>>
>>8734822
How do you feel about avoidants and schizoids? Are they easy to treat?
>>
>>8698590
>https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?topic=124001.0
dead link
>>
>>8736153
Have not met many, to be honest - those types are rare, and both (but schizoids in particular) don't tend to seek treatment. They're usually fine with the way they are and just go about their business in solitude. Only schizoid I ever treated was a college aged kid who's mom wanted him in therapy - but he was only going to appease her and didn't really care to make any changes.
>>
Why the fuck is the tumblr blog post on /lgbt/?
>>
>>8720429
It sounds like you have a huge amount of self control, I just wanna thank you for that.
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.