[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the chances of an openly gay male running for President?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Gay2084.png (196KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gay2084.png
196KB, 640x480px
http://archive.is/KXsAi

Over the past decade, Victory Fund-endorsed LGBT women won their races 70.3 percent of the time, compared to 60.9 percent for Victory Fund-endorsed LGBT men. This is a statistically significant difference. The disparity is notable given studies show women and men as a whole win elections at approximately the same rate.

“LGBTQ women candidates outperform all other candidates because we are typically better prepared and more qualified,” said Aisha C. Moodie-Mills, President & CEO of Victory Fund. “The barriers to entry for LGBTQ women are significant — and we tend to wait until we are exceptionally qualified before entering a race. But when we run, we win, because most voters want leaders with experience and a deep understanding of the issues important to them. If more LGBTQ women run, we can address the severe underrepresentation we face at every level of government.”

While LGBT women win at higher rates, they unfortunately do run less frequently than LGBT men, contributing to the underrepresentation. From 2007–2016, LGBT women made up just 31 percent of Victory Fund endorsees — 364 of the 1162 candidates endorsed. Yet some of the most high-profile LGBT elected officials in the country are women elected during this period, including U.S. Senator Tammy Baldwin, Oregon Governor Kate Brown and former Houston Mayor Annise Parker.

LGBT women have been remarkably consistent in their win rates during cycles when Democrats struggled at the polls (Victory Fund is non-partisan but the vast majority of endorsed candidates are Democrats). In the 2010 midterms, when Democrats at all levels lost hundreds of seats, LGBT women candidates endorsed by Victory Fund won an astonishing 81 percent of their races, compared to just 57 percent for LGBT men. Similarly in 2014, another tough year for Democrats, LGBT women won 70 percent of their races compared to 47 percent for LGBT men.
>>
>>8696137

Gay men are far less "marketable" than lesbians, they aren't "manly" enough to be a true leader but women don't have this baggage, plus straight men may well vote for a lesbian candidate for a laugh and because they're hot or whatever
>>
>>8696137
Pretty much every politicians are faggots.
Do you need them to be open about it? It's common knowledge.
>>
>>8696137

>openly

You've nailed the contradiction.

Announcing that you like dicks in you is the exact opposite of the social competence you would need to ever win leadership among a majority.
>>
>>8696179
I think saying being gay implies social incompetence is just a tad presumptuous.
>>
>>8696137
Of course if the genders were switched there would be none of this "women enter the race later when they're better prepared". It would be all about how sexist it is and how women need even more special treatment.
>>
You never know. Before Obama, people though the odds of a black man were practically non-existent for President. Especially with Hussein in his name after 9/11. Certainly they would have put the odds for a white woman higher than him.
Hardly anyone thought a reality TV real estate mogul famous for his bankruptcies who constantly put his foot in his mouth would beat what Republicans called one of the most talented group of nominees running for President.
Anything is possible in politics.
>>
check out joe exotic
>he the man
>>
>>8696264
Fact of the matter is anyone native born can be President. Anyone. America swings on a dime.
>>
>>8696264
Obama was a fag.
>>
>>8697852
True! And "Michelle" is really Michael. We had a gay black couple in the White House for 8 years!
>>
>>8696255
I doubt we will ever have a female president, and I damn sure wouldn't want one! Go Trump!
>>
>>8696137
if there's a smart gay who's good at fighting and has huge balls and a penchant for strength and justice then probably
>>
File: 1461075051003.jpg (47KB, 460x645px) Image search: [Google]
1461075051003.jpg
47KB, 460x645px
>>8696137
>gay conservative guy that can brush off half of the stupid leftist claims
Oh yes I like this idea.
>>
File: of_montreal_lj_010916.jpg (64KB, 668x426px) Image search: [Google]
of_montreal_lj_010916.jpg
64KB, 668x426px
>>8698403
>Gay Democrat guy that forces republicans to skirt around the issue to not appear homophobic

I want Brian Sims to run
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.