[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you come out to parents as trans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0002.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0002.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
How do you come out to parents as trans?
>>
>>8693325
You dont. Very well anyway. Best hope is they hide their shame from you well.
>>
>>8693325
I was 8 months in to HRT and had FFS booked. Originally I hoped never to tell them, but one can't just disappear for a month and come back with a changed face and expect nothing.

My parents always knew I was depressed so I led with that; "You know how I've been depressed for a long time and how I've been on medications the past few months. Well there is more to the story..."

Then I explained the science behind physical dysphoria, slowly shifted the focus to how that can center around one's sexual characteristics and eventually linked it back to my own depression.

It turned out pretty well in my opinion.

My father hates anything gay, but he loves science and if anything the talk of natal hormones, 2d4d ratios and brain sex seems to have made it easier for him to accept.

My mother on the other hand is strictly emotional, but talking through my past it became very clear to her that it isn't a phase though she still doesn't understand how it makes me feel.
>>
>>8693325
why do you have to come out??
it's not like you'll ever look like a girl or have a boyfriend
>>
I talked to mine after dinner, they were both accepting of it and want to help me through the process. We were watching some TV and when the show ended I said "Hey could we talk for a second" and then once they were both seated I told them that there was something that I'd been dealing with for a while and considering.

I started to tear up a bit but I kept it together and got the words "I'm transgender" out. It was super hard but they said that they'd support me no matter what so for that I'm grateful, I know many aren't so fortunate.
>>
>>8693325
Really abusive childhood, moms a literal schiz,--so fuck coming out there, and dad was more or less out of my life (less so in college)--plus pretty conservative and male oriented himself.
Last year, Financially independent,so begin transitioning.
Been fulltime a few months, skipped Christmas/thanksgiving so no one saw me. Get calls, and ignore them, respond through texts.
Accidentally answer my moms call one day, expecting another, in full fem voice--and she was like "a-anon?" I swapped back to male voice and played it off.
Later my half sister found my one fucking account that had an updated profile image, but an old screenname and decided to out me--since she was so accepting of it, how could anyone else not be? Hahahaha
My mom said she didn't really care, but acts like she has the moral high ground, dead names, misgenders and just over all acts like a pretentious count around me. She called basically all of her immediate family members and close friends and told them, and then that trickled out.
I just wanted to disappear.
My dads brother was sick, so I agreed to go up and see him, and my dad could tell something was really really wrong with how I looked (literally had my one male outfit left on, and girl shoes, my nose slimmed noticeably, I was 65lbs lighter than when he last saw me, but clothes hid boobs well--and sent him a really lengthly email the following night about me transitioning.
Also, I have ovotestis, so maybe easier for them to accept/understand, but anytime someones like "oh well I'm fine with /your/ situation, but normal trans people are..."yada yada I just cut then off. Cause really, I'm trans. I had the same experience as anyone else, it's just there's a more relatable biological component.

But as the prev anon said, 2d4d and other SCIENCE may help a bit.

Basically don't come out if their conservative and you live at home.
>>
>>8693478
>my nose slimmed noticeably,
Rhinoplasty or just HRT?

>but anytime someones like "oh well I'm fine with /your/ situation, but normal trans people are..."yada yada I just cut then off. Cause really, I'm trans.
Thank you anon. It really bugs me when intersex people throw trannies under the bus.
>>
>>8693419
I went with the science approach too.
I went to a psych, got some tests done and used them in my coming out.
>>
>>8693325
You have to prepare it, in short dress as slutty as possible with your face caked in makeup, bring some black guy you meet in a craisglist add and let your dad find out you giving the guy a blowjob while crossdressing.
>>
>>8693501
What tests?
>>
>>8693478
And this is why I'll never come out to my parents.
>Reagan conservatives
>Old-school fire and brimstone Catholics
>Fox news all day everyday

You could imagine the shitstorm to come of it.
>>
>>8693499
Nose was just having No T. It's crazy, if I remember ill toss a pic up tonight.
And like yeah, I planned on transitioning, just did the pre-hrt tests and it was a big ol "HUH, well that explains moobs and hips", so I typically don't bring it up anymore when talking to new people.
The only thing intersex did for me is push me into fulltime quicker.

>>8693513
That could be pretty bad. I've heard of some cons being totally accepting, and libs rejecting. Like you won't know how it goes till you do it, but I would've been jn a really bad place had I done this in high school , or hell, mentioned something at a young age when I felt wrong.
>>
>>8693325
I sent them a long email at night when I was really sad and crying, they read it the following day and got really angry with me
>>
>>8693545
Unlikely.
I grew up hearing plenty of disparaging remarks about mostly anyone who didnt fit the 50's stereotypes, but especially the LGBT community. there was a shitstorm when I let my hair grow out and even bigger shitstorm when they noticed i pierced my ears. i was already in my mid 20's. thats on top of some of the shitstorms i experienced growing up with trying on girl clothes and whatnot.
The thing that really stops me is the fact that my mom is borderline and abusive to my dad. I have no doubt that she would direct her full rage and frustration at him were i to come out
>>
>>8693325
I just told my mom I wanted to be a girl. She told my dad.
>>
Transition has no long-term proven benefits.
STOP FAPPING, START LIVING!
Don't trap yourself.
>>
Repression has no long-term proven benefits.
STOP REPRESSING, START LIVING!
Don't hon yourself.
>>
>>8694001
Nice try, bitterhon.

Don't trust bitterhons!

Don't want to be a hon? Just don't trap yourself, it's that simple. Let's fight for a cure together.
>>
>>8694007
Nice try, curehon.

Don't trust curehons!

Don't want to be a hon? Just don't repress yourself, it's that simple. Let's fight for transition together.
>>
>>8694020
Nice try, baitposter.
I'm not a hon, nor am I female.

Transition doesn't work, bitterhon.
It's that simple.
>>
>>8694028
Nice try, curebaiter.
I'm not a hon, nor am I trapping myself.

Repression doesn't work, curehon.
It's that simple.
>>
I agree with cureanon.
He probably looks like chris-chan.
He should keep repressing instead of becoming a hon and making life harder for us.

Everyone knows hons favorite sport is to destroy any kind of rights transwomen have by doing stupid shit like rubbing their 40 year old dicks on some kid at a bathroom because they identify as 5 year old lesbians or some shit.

Shitposting on this board is his coping mechanism just like cara does. let him do this cureposting.
>>
>>8694038
she*
>>
>>8694038
I'm fighting for a cure, not shitposting or memeing. It's about advocacy.

Almost all trans people become hons.
Just don't trap yourself!
Long-term, transition has no proven health benefits.
>>8694056
I'm not a she. The correct pronouns, for your information bitterhon are God, King or Master.
>>
>>8694063
>The correct pronouns, for your information bitterhon are God, King or Master.
And they said trannies were delusional!
>>
>>8693578
Are you me.
I started growing out my hair at 10, and my mom made me cut it at 13, which was fucking devastating. Would never let me get earrings, so diy lol
Once I could drive I basically lived out of my car, and worked as much as possible
But yeah,my moms super aggressive toward my stepdad. He's such a sweetheart, though christian--idk, he's what Christians are supposed to be--he's been super accepting of everything so far.
>>
it's not going to be easy no matter how you do it. there's no "good way" honestly. just gotta do it however you can
>>
>>8693325

You never say anything and act normal about everything.

>Ooops I got boobs. It must be all the greasy food you make mom
>>
I left my hrt sitting out where I knew my mom would see it
I wanted to tell my sister but I couldn't say the words, so she asked me if it was related to hormones (I had been on them for like 8 months at the time)

my dad is super homophobic...he's knows I'm not straight and we just don't talk about it
years ago he found herbal estrogen in my room along with girl clothes and he threw them away

he probably knows why I look different and dress different but just pretends not to notice
>>
Not sure how relevant this may be, but a friend said he did this when coming out to his parents as gay (not trans, sorry). Caveat: this friend is a bit of a bullshitter so I expect the story may be heavily exaggerated or perhaps not have ever happened at all. All the same, it's an interesting idea which may help.

>wait for parents to go out
>shave head, leaving hair on the floor
>drape yourself in white bedsheets, like a robe
>wait for parents to come home
>when they do, stand by the shorn hair still on the floor
>when they come inside, announce that you've joined a new religious movement
>you will transcend your earthly body tonight and wish to share your last meal with them before you sever ties with the material realm and rejoin the cosmos
>when they invariably freak out, say "j/k lol but i'm trans tho ^_^"
>the ^_^ is very important
>they'll be so taken aback by the thought of your suicide that they'd be more willing to accept your trans-ness

So there it is.
Doubt it'd actually work, but it's a somewhat humourous story.
>>
>>8694631
when I was 10 there would have no way I could have gone 3 years without a haircut. Hell, when I was that young I didn't even have a say in what style cut I got. Princeton crew cut only
>>
You just tell them and hope for the best.
>>
>>8696133
Yeah, it was really long at that point. I said it was for the historical reenactments I was doing at the time, which they gobbled up, hook like and sinker.
At 13 she caught on to what was happening.
>>
>>8698209
how did she catch on?
>>
>>8693512
Brain scan to look for tumors, chromosome test and hormones.
>>
>>8698232
I was a fruity ass kid.
I painted my nails, got in trouble for wearing girls shirts/pants at school, mothers.my baby alive doll when I was young, had close to exclusively female friends, oh and I tried to cull myself
So I got to be homeschooled and buzz cut hahaha
And my mom wonders why I don't talk to her anymore
>>
>>8699034
when you said "found out" it sounded like it had all been something you were trying to hide. seems like you spelled it all out pretty well though.
does she know the current situation?
>>
>>8699985
Like i genuinely did try, I thought. I guess they weren't as oblivious as I thought. Idk, like they shouldn't habe seen anything, but I guess grapevine whispers outed my faggotry.
She knows more or less, she found out from my sister, and yeah, it was a mess.
It's whatever, I've got my job, my apt and my cat, and food money, so I'm pretty much set till post college.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.