[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fired for being trans. Seeking legal advice.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: burger-king.png (40KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
burger-king.png
40KB, 450x450px
I got sent home from work (Burger King) today after one of my managers yelled at me for using the women's restroom. This particular manager also made jokes comparing our GM to Hitler after I mentioned I was Jewish. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be fired.

What am I supposed to do? Will contacting Nor-Mar's (parent company to BK) corporate offices be of any use? If I am fired, is there anything I can do to be compensated or assisted in finding a new job?
I live in Colorado, and sate-specific legal advice would be really helpful. Googling doesn't bring up anything helpful, just other people's stories of getting fired for transitioning.
>>
kek if you're willing to work at BK i'm sure you could find work anywhere kek.
>>
Being trans isn't protected under nondiscrimination laws. Sorry.
Join the revolution and we'll let you put the bullet in your boss
>>
>>8685886
Go after your manager. Anyone else witness the Hitler joke? If yes, go after him for being a pissant and politically incorrect, use that leverage to get your job back or some gibs me from Burger King. In fact if you get terminated make sure to bring your greivances up with the higher ups. It could be just one guy with a chip on his shoulder.
>>
>What am I supposed to do?
Stop being trans, duh. Nobody wants mentality ill subhumans working for them.
>>
Maybe ask /biz/ or /adv/? Everyone here has an iq below 70
>>
>>8685925
There's also reddit, which seems to be a good alternative for when the other boards tell you to gas yourself
>>
State your witnesses and threaten to sue them and they'll probably write you a pretty big check.

$$$
>>
UPDATE
i did a little more googling and Colorado has at least partial protection so I'm contacting the DRA (they have a whole website and i can specifically file complaints about trans-specific discrimination).
Furthermore, Burger King has a zero tolerance policy for discrimination and even has a "Chief Diversity Officer" who I'm calling tomorrow when Florida is awake.
>>
File: 1385208252470.jpg (14KB, 242x300px) Image search: [Google]
1385208252470.jpg
14KB, 242x300px
>>8685886
First thing you need to clarify is if you are fired or not. If you do get terminated contact a local Employment Attorney and discuss your situation with them in a consultation, almost all will do it for free and if you even have the smallest chance at a valid legal claim they will often take your case and at least attempt to get a settlement out of your previous employer without any money upfront.

Contrary to popular belief you do not need a "protected class" to sue an employer for discrimination you only need to demonstrate that you were illegally discriminated against. A white bald guy can sue for discrimination if he is treated different than white guys with hair; he just needs to establish that he was being unfairly singled out for discrimination. There are 50 states and every single one has a different set of laws, however Federal laws trump (kek) them all. This is why it is critical that you speak with an Attorney that knows the labor laws in your state.

If you are NOT terminated here are some things to consider:

- What is your legal gender listed as on your state identification?

- What is the local BK franchise company's policy for employee use of the restrooms as it pertains to transgender individuals?

- Have you been warned/written up/talked to about the bathroom policy previously?

- Is the franchises bathroom policy in line with BK corporate policy?

- What does your disciplinary file currently look like?

- Document EVERYTHING dates, times, and who you talked to for everything.

- Do NOT become overly aggressive or threatening, do what your supervisor/manager tells you to do, document it, and contact their boss if you feel something is not right

Best of luck, ultimately they can probably find something to fire you for without treating you illegally; but if they fuck up and create a hostile work environment the managers will lose their jobs and you will have a case and probably get $10-25,000 in settlement.

Document E V E R Y T H I N G
>>
>>8685886
Email LGBT and Jewish groups, and the ACLU and NWO.
>>
>>8686205
/thread
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.