[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone suggest some books or movies to me with LGBT antagonists?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: LatD OtRA Front Cover.jpg (290KB, 459x743px) Image search: [Google]
LatD OtRA Front Cover.jpg
290KB, 459x743px
Can anyone suggest some books or movies to me with LGBT antagonists?
>>
>>8685134
FUCK OFF /POL/
>>
>>8685225
I'm not /pol/, just curious about reading more media with LGBT antagonists. In mainstream media LGBT characters are pretty much always good guys, why can't there be LGBT bad guys? I'm bisexual. Surely there are people here who read LGBT literature though, right?
>>
Silence of the Lambs - there is an AGP (fetishistic transvestite) antagonist.
>>
File: 665.png (288KB, 457x362px) Image search: [Google]
665.png
288KB, 457x362px
Unironically Jojo.

>Is this a..?
>>
>>8685276
Good point, forgot about that one. He was actually based on a real life serial killer too; Ed Gein or something like that. Literally wore people's flesh, though not sure if he had actual desires to become a female or not.

>>8685284
Never heard of Jojo before.
>>
>>8685308
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, it's a manga/anime, but I mean that still counts right? And honestly you're almost lucky to have never heard of it with how much it gets memed.
>>
>>8685356
I see, are the protagonists LGBT as well, or just the antagonist? While I find the idea of LGBT antagonists to be interesting, I'd rather if it weren't something as basic as a lesbian wanting to rape females or a gay dude wanting to rape males.
>>
>>8685387
Villain of parts 1 and 3 is bi, villain of part 6 is gay. It doesn't outright say it, but you can tell, although it doesn't really come into play all that much. They just want to rule the world and as it happens they're bi/gay.
>>
File: angemilk.png (52KB, 324x246px) Image search: [Google]
angemilk.png
52KB, 324x246px
>>8685134
Umineko

but remember that antagonist is not the same as villain
>>
>>8685387
What would make a trans villain too basic?
>>
>>8685467
lack of psychological depth and black-and-white morality of the universe presented is what makes villians and heroes basic

Even something like "lesbian wanting to rape females or a gay dude wanting to rape males" can be deep if the characters are written well and their motivations are multidimensional, and they aren't portrayed as just "lol evil psychopaths villains animals inhumans"
>>
File: crygender.jpg (570KB, 1360x2048px) Image search: [Google]
crygender.jpg
570KB, 1360x2048px
>>8685134
>>
>>8685453
Best kind of LGBT antagonists there, in fact that's the best kind of LGBT characters ever; no actual part of the story. They just happen to be non-heterosexual, just like the majority of protagonists just happen to be heterosexual (just like in real life the majority of people are heterosexual.)

>>8685482
In the Living amongst the Dead series, an antagonist is Veronica, a black lesbian. There is one scene where an attempt is made to push herself on another woman, but as I recall that's the only time. She has some good qualities, but a lot of bad qualities, a lot of BLM and leftist racism type stuff, gives the 'cis white male' protagonist no end of shit, even after almost killing him. She contemplates finishing him off several times through the series. In a way though she's actually kind of necessary for the group, but her heart is twisted in too many directions in the group, with her crush being in the arms of a man, so she takes it upon herself to leave them and sort of goes psycho-bonkers-crazy. Some pretty tragic shit happens...
>>
>>8685499
... does the 'T' stand for 'Thomas', by chance?
>>
>>8685522
It would seem so but, nope, Thurston.
>>
>>8685516
Right because cishet villains' heterosexuality or cisgenderism are never relevant to the story /s
>>
>>8685535
Woah woah woah now, I never said it's NEVER relevant to the story, but often times it's not. The writer doesn't think "ok and these characters are straight because 'this', 'this', and 'this', and it will cause them to do 'that'" and so on and so forth. I believe the best LGBT characters are ones that seem more natural and not forced. I mean, what if books said of hetero cis-gendered male characters "he thought about her body, he NEEDED her, his baser heterosexual lusts would not be sated until he gave into his primitive cis needs." It would be foolish. If a character is LGBT, then let it come out slowly, through little details, a glance here or a seemingly unimportant comment there. Say, one chick says to another "oh my God, look at HIM, that one is mine; you can't have him." to which the friend, who has in NO way been described as hetero or not, cis or not, etc... "oh noooo, I'll be LOST without him in my life..." spoken uninterestingly as she looks to the crowd. Then write in some small details, some men and women, but describe the men briefly while more detail are put into the women, to give the sense that the friend, who is the one looking into the crowd and is absorbing all these details, is focusing more on the women. It's so subtle that it can easily be missed.
>>
>>8685577
>I believe the best LGBT characters are ones that seem more natural and not forced.
>Best kind of LGBT antagonists there, in fact that's the best kind of LGBT characters ever; no actual part of the story.
???

That said I like the cleverness of your subtle implied lesbianism.
>>
>>8685621
Thanks for the compliment, I thought it was clever as well. As for the greentext, what specifically do you find confusing? I prefer when LGBT characters are more natural and not forced, and when there's no actual part in the story that stems DIRECTLY from their non-hetero or non-cis qualities. Sort of like, and I don't know for sure, but I hear Dumbledore turns out to have been homosexual all along? If that's the case, I see nothing wrong with that; nothing he's done suggested he's hetero or otherwise, so it's just as logical for him to have been gay as it would have been if he were straight.
>>
>>8685134
The Dangerous Lives of Altar Boys has a pedo character subplot. Most of the characters in it are straight but I still think it is a really good book and movie.

https://youtu.be/lb8JliHH9x8
>>
>>8685751
Oh damn, I just thought of one, what was it called... gonna have to look it up. Aha! Mysterious Skin. Not really any solid antagonist I don't think, but since it revolves around a teenage male prostitute there is of course lots of male homosexual characters. I recall one that's a Hell of a power bottom, and another unfortunate fellow who I think... well... I don't want to spoil it. But yeah, 'Mysterious Skin' is a pretty wicked film. Obviously with gay prostitution, homosexuality is a big part of the movie, but I don't think it's to an obnoxious degree. There's a story, he has friends, a backstory is touched on, oh damn... just remembered a particularly fucked up part... I think I'm gonna have to watch that movie again.
>>
File: p28576_d_v8_aa.jpg (420KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p28576_d_v8_aa.jpg
420KB, 960x1440px
Planta Quemada, a retelling of a heist gone wrong. The robbers were lovers, and a lot of the movie focuses on their troubled relationship as they go into hiding post heist. One of the characters is bi, the other heard voices telling him to never let his partner ejaculate.
It has just the right amount of gay and just the right amount of Bonnie and Clyde. Would very much rec.
>>
zoolander, actually a lot of comedies from the 70's-90's
>>
>>8685931
Are you sure the antagonist in Zoolander was gay? What if he was just a hardcore metrosexual guy on a lot of drugs/crazy pills?
>>
>>8685134
La Madrastra which is a Mexican soap opera.
>>
>>8685134
A true masterpiece in french litterature : Jean Genet's work. Begin by just reading his wiki page
>>
>>8685284
don't bring jojo into your lgbt shit faggot
>>
File: Zoolander-Ferrell-Mugatu.jpg (69KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Zoolander-Ferrell-Mugatu.jpg
69KB, 600x400px
>>8686065
Look at this guy and tell me he is not gay
>>
>>8687396
>transvestite
>LGBT
I mean...
>>
>>8685134
Frank Herbert's Dune
>>
>>8688129
Is that a book or a movie?
>>
>>8688124
Ok, I'll give you that one...

>>8688126
Oh yeah, what about Rocky Horror Picture Show? Wouldn't Tim Curry's character technically be an antagonist considering how he treats that body builder dude? Fucking awesome character, but he seems kinda evil in general.
>>
>>8688148
the book obviously
>>
>>8688487
Mm, it's a bit unclear. I'd say the antagonist role is tied between Frank-n-Furter and Riff Raff

Side note, I've never felt more fully accepted than in a Rocky Horror crowd. Frank-n-Furter isn't ashamed to be what he is, such a strong character with a strong performance
>>
>>8688746
Certainly is an awesome character, to be sure. Been ages since I've watched that movie, ought to check it out again. One of my favourite parts is of course with Meatloaf, before his 'Bat out of Hell' fame came in 1977. He actually released a 'Bat out of Hell III: Back into Hell' in 2006, over a decade ago now I guess, wow... I hope he's lost some weight. At his age, it's dangerous to be so big... he was awesome in Fight Club.
>>
>>8685225
god, sir, do you realize how fast you got triggered?
>>
>>8689028
Don't mind it, it's just a Liberal.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.