[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

you! tranny! explain dysphoria to an asexual guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: coldplay.jpg (43KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
coldplay.jpg
43KB, 500x399px
you! tranny! explain dysphoria to an asexual guy
>>
The body I have before I take hormones/get surgery makes me feel wrong, it makes me feel distressed, and it makes me more than a little bit suicidal. I look at my body and my brain says that things don't look the way they should.
>>
File: 1486764833248.jpg (36KB, 332x283px) Image search: [Google]
1486764833248.jpg
36KB, 332x283px
>>8679220
Yeah this. It's not visceral or a horrendously overblown reaction to that incongruence either. I absolutely cringe when I hear people saying anything gorey to explain dysphoria so they can aim for legitimacy.

GD means you might hate being hairy...but guys can hate being hairy right? So it's not GD...but you also hate how you have to get short haircuts...but guys can have long and short hair so it doesn't mean you want to be a girl, right? So it's not GD...but you also hate how your face is becoming masculine...but all guys hate that and just put up with it right? It can't possibly be gender dysphoria~

Intensity of GD can change but usually slowly and rarely. Most of the time you're dissatisfied with yourself and are prone to crying at night and engaging in escapism to try and cope. Everyday life is generally okay but a MtF would be uncomfortable getting their hair cut short by their parents request. Situations where an emphasis is placed on gender just exacerbate the incongruence. A trans person can usually put up with it and tell you that they're okay but they may be hurting inside.

It's just one of those conditions where the circumstantial clues add up over years or decades and then you look back and go 'Oh, that was gender dysphoria?' GD is also markedly different from a fat girl saying 'oh I feel dysphoric about my curves sometimes!' or body dysmorphic disorder.
>>
>>8679584
Sounds like me in high school
>>
>>8679635
Yeah lots of shared experiences between trans people because it affects the highschool experience so much.

A common line of thinking around trans MtF's who don't think they're trans is "I wish I was a girl...too bad I'm not trans so I'd have an excuse to be a girl." Some trans people even transition but claim they dont have GD because they cant recognize the signs of GD. If you quiz them on their life story they'll usually fit the criteria for GD but adamantly maintain they have gender 'euphoria' as opposed to simply having their dysphoria treated.
>>
>>8679197
MtF here
why is the asexual bit relevant?

anyway, to me at least, gender dysphoria feels like
1) the sinking feeling you get in your chest if you find out a close childhood friend has betrayed you or drifted away
2) the disgust of falling into mud on a hot day, it drying off on you and still having to walk a long way home
3) the feeling of unfamiliarity you get when you lose a tooth and feel the gap with your tongue and it feels all distorted and large and lumpy

imagine all three of these feelings together, and it happens *every* time you're reminded of a (in my case) masculine physical or social trait you have- for example if I rest my head on my hand, and feeling my jaw as a result

that's gender dysphoria
>>
>>8679808
>Robin
>MtF here

Redundant

>that's gender dysphoria
that's depression
seek help immediately
>>
>>8679858
did you miss the part where I said it's specifically, and only, triggered by the gendered traits of oneself? that's not standard depression

I suppose the only thing I could add to >>8679808 is that part of the defining nature of gender dysphoria is that those feelings I previously described are alleviated, without fail, by the traits that act as triggers being altered to fit the opposing gender configuration, in my case male traits being made feminine
>>
>>8679220
lots of people have body image issues about their weight/features/etc. how is that any different?
>>
File: IMG_3662.jpg (84KB, 914x1124px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3662.jpg
84KB, 914x1124px
>>8679948
>>
>>8679970
>No Correlation
More like no argument.
>>
File: IMG_3666.jpg (66KB, 532x457px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3666.jpg
66KB, 532x457px
>>8679975
>>
>>8679980
meant for >>8679970
>>
>>8679948
because during the decades of research on transsexuality it's been established that specific medical attention is required to ease the symptoms
>>
>>8679948
Now apply that self hate to your entire body and turn it up to 11.
>>
>>8680020
Same for >>8679948
>>
>>8680038
i'm trans and i don't hate all my body
>>
>>8679197
It's like being permanently sealed in side a rubber movie monster suit and having everyone think that's the "real you", and even after they "accept you", really they're just accepting you as a monster and they still don't see the human that's inside the suit.
>>
>>8679808
>why is the asexual bit relevant?
i was just suggesting that all mtfs are transitioning for a fetish which i cant possibly ever understand of course :3
>>
>>8680073
But how is this different to having body issues about being fat???
>>
>>8680082
I was asexual before taking hrt and I still am but I still felt dysphoria, it's not really linked
just bee urself :^)
>>
>>8680094
being both asexual and asocial does help with dysphoria as well you know
>>
>>8680083
I don't know what answer you're looking for. It's almost no different in terms of feeling and sometimes in terms of how to fix the problem.

Fat people who hate their appearance go on life changing diets, exercise routines and even surgical procedures to fix themselves.

The difference is people aren't born fat fucks. You become fat through laziness and over-eating. Trannies are born with a neurological defect that is incurable.
>>
I feel an extremely strong anxiety and panic at the sight of features which accentuate my masculinity/are not typically found on biological females. This includes coarse body hair, large shoulders, facial hair, etc.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.