[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Telling coworkers I'm gay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

Is this a socially acceptable thing to do? Where I work has all these social gatherings and everyone in my department has these board games nights and I'm going now.
I feel like relationship stuff is going to come up at some point and I'm not sure if I should say I'm gay. I'm super socially awkward so it's going to be really weird if I do it as well and I'm not sure what will happen.
Is telling coworkers you're gay a common thing or do people find it too obnoxious of a thing to say?
>>
You're gonna be disappointed because nobody really cares faggot
>>
i mean, i'd just wait till it came up naturally in conversation, but there's nothing wrong with it and it'll probably make you feel more comfortable around them and all

do it
>>
>>8672344
Well that would be ideal I just don't want it to seem like I'm being awkward about it. I don't know how to do it casually
>>
>>8672308
If relationship stuff comes up and they ask you about girls, say you're gay, if you're in a relationship go ahead and tell them about it, but otherwise most people don't care.
>>
>>8672357
>I don't know how to do it casually
You don't, you daft cunt

Holy shit you're almost as bad as vegans
>>
>>8672368
Well I don't want to be annoying about it but people ask stuff like "oh hey what did you do this weekend?" and people might say they went out with their gf/bf or whatever and I feel like if I say I did something with my bf it's going to be a huge deal all of a sudden
>>
>>8672394
It won't be a huge deal
How big of a fucking ego do you faggots have, the world doesn't revolve around you
You actually believe people are genuinely interested in how your weekend was?
>>
don't date coworkers unless you work at the cia
>>
I've been working at a fast food place for 5 years. The conversation came up within like 4 days of me starting there. I'd say for the first 4 years it was going fine, but then a co-worker bawww'd because apparently I was staring at her ass all the time. It took close to another good year of defiance and forced habit breaking for this co-worker to trust me a little better. The emotions from others can be mixed so after being open about it just be more careful how you sometimes look at a person.
>>
>>8672413
Well I've only been working at this place for like 2 weeks and yeah everyone constantly asks what I've been doing like every single day.
>>
>>8672456
It's called being polite you turd
>>
>>8672464
I dunno people here seem to talk about their relationships and stuff quite a bit.
It's a small lab environment and we do lots of overtime so I'm with these people like 5-6 days a week 10-12 hours a day.
I used to work in the trades and retail stores when I was younger and yeah I'd agree with you in that kind of atmosphere cause everyone is really private and wants to work alone but it's not the same at this job.
>>
>>8672454
Letting women work was a mistake.
>>
>>8672471
Also they specifically asked during the interview if I'm comfortable doing social events with the company and our department and stuff.
Like they take it pretty seriously and I've heard they tend to wean out people that don't participate in company events and you won't get promotions or anything. They had entire videos about this stuff during onboarding.
>>
>>8672493
Come on, all you have to do is this.
Go to these parties. Try to have fun. Talk about whatever, and I'd if in conversation, something comes up, ie " yeah man I am a tits man, but fuckin jerry over here is an ass man. What about you anon? Boobs or butt?"
> "well im gay so I guess butt is kinda automatic. Haha"
"Oh so anon I didn't know ha. Well I guess you learn something every day. Anyway the game last night was great huh?"

Its so simple. If someone asks if you are in a relationship and your not just say no and move on. Only really address it if it is relevant to the convo as shown above.

Y'all are so worried about this shit but its [the current year] so you are fine, no one will make a big deal or be upset cause if they are then desu they would get fired
>>
>>8672308
Depends on your country and on your company, in my case if I tell them I'm bisexual they'll probably bully me until I leave. Be careful but if you feel safe, go for it

>>8672344
People do care, there is a lot of people obsessed with finding and exposing homosexuals, its like "oh, I knew Josh was a faggot all the time", they are proud of it or something...
>>
>>8672308
Don't say it. That'll only disgust them. They're not interested in knowing.
>>
>>8673490
I think it'll be okay. I live in a conservative area but it's a science company. Most of the employees have their BSc or MSc

But I've heard a lot of stories that the company has a strong "in-group" to it and you never move up if you're not accepted. They start everyone off at like barely above minimum wage but people say if you're "accepted" by people there your wage can easily triple or quadruple within a year or two. But those that aren't really accepted get pushed out of the company. I've already noticed a few butthurt people here that refuse to participate in the events and they shove them into the chemical disposal sheds to clean containers all day long. Like it's a weird place lol
>>
>>8674580

Just keep it to yourself and be vague with details. The possible negatives outweigh any benefits.

Its easier to hide being gay if you're a nerdy loser (which I assume you are if you're going to a board game night).
>>
>>8672308
Depends on who and the circumstances. Some of my coworkers know, some don't. If someone says something about liking gay people/mentions a gay friend, I just mention I'm gay.

First coworker I came out to was this masculine former Marine who's literally killed people. We we're at a bar talking about how strong the drinks are at this gay bar nearby and he just goes "gay dudes are so fun". Probably the most natural and comfortable coming out experience I had had up til then.

Surprisingly I'm mostly just out to the more macho and older people in my office--probably because they don't feel uncomfortable bringing gayness up in conversation since they're less politically correct. It's pretty neat.
>>
>>8672308
>Tfw my ghetto (but smart) black coworker I used to talk about dicks with got laid off

I miss her family.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.