[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans Unemployment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

File: EETU.jpg (635KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
EETU.jpg
635KB, 1536x2048px
A friend of mine posted this after pride. This is feeling pretty fucking real right now.

Anyone else? (And if you are in the same full-time job since before you transitioned that doesn't count! )

Just felt this poster like a gut punch. I remember applying for jobs and everything just being so much easier.
>>
>>8663821

I don't get it.

"This is why"? Because they have time to go around hanging up posters and whining online but can't find a job?
>>
>>8663827
>Implying a transperson hung it up.
>outside...
>>
>>8663821
But I thought computer programmers were in demand with high salaries?
>>
>>8663857

Isn't Halifax in Canada or some shit? These brainless fags probably voted all their jobs away to foreigners and now they complain about it by hanging up cryptic, ugly signs in public.
>>
>>8663861
Same thing happened here in California. It's all Chinese and Indians here now.
>>
>>8663861
>Halifax
The only job there is dairy farmer
>>
>>8663821
Yeah, it was suddenly a lot harder to find a job looking for one as an out transgender person.
Funny how that is.
But right before that I accepted a job that wouldn't accommodate my gender identity and it was an awful job just in general.
So I don't exactly miss the opportunities that are no longer available to me.
>>
>>8663894

If that's true, you'd think a so-called educated and experienced person would know to move somewhere where the skills they have are in demand.
>>
>>8663898
>I can't get a job because of discrimination

So you don't pass?
Just how much of a hon are you?
>>
This is what happens when *everyone* goes to university.
Suddenly a university tier education is as common as a highschool one, and so all these kids are going into debt just to meet the bare minimum requirement for a career. It's a model for slavery I fucking tell you hwat.
>>
>>8663821
dirty trenders
or depresseed af who cant work

I know non-passing trannies who have decent jobs in tech. And Im not from a liberal area.
>>
File: werk.jpg (84KB, 426x305px) Image search: [Google]
werk.jpg
84KB, 426x305px
>>8663950
Capitalism requires cheap workers.
The only way to get cheap workers is to have high birth rates and debt.
When people stopped having so many children, big business started having to import them.
The housing bubble (and college "loans") are just ways to keep you in debt to the system so that you will always have to be working to try and pay off your debt.

Raising the value of real estate keeps everyone enslaved and never able to pay off their loans.

And it provides a way for the elderly to pay for their medical bills by selling the equity in their houses.

We are all just pawns in (((their))) game.
>>
>>8663821
lol I saw you post this on facebook
You're in the "FTM no rules" group, right?
>>
>>8663920
So are you of the "if you don't pass it's because you didn't try hard enough" school or the "unlucky ones should just go back in the closet" school
>>
>>8663920
Is this the true Christian sentiment? "You don't deserve to work and eat because you're ugly?"
>>
>>8663993
>Christian
Thread over
Is that what you wanted?
>>
>>8663998
There was a thread here? All I saw was a few nazis pooting out virtual farts.
>>
>>8663991
I'm in the "people are worthy of love even if they don't fit into traditional gender roles" school.

If you have been denied a job because you don't pass you should sue. If your appearance is neat and clean and not too distracting you should be allowed to work

Not everyone is going to pass unless we start paying for massive facial surgeries which I think is too much.

Society just needs to grow more accepting of androgyny and more accepting of intersex, non-binary (yes, I used that word) people
>>
>>8664006
Are you >>8663920 because that's who I was asking.
I find it hard to believe you would seriously use both "nonbinary" and "hon."
I appreciate the sentiment that I should sue, but I'd like to point out that it's not a feasible, worthwhile course of action for a lot of people.
Access to quality legal representation is limited, and courts don't always (or even usually) see trans people as victims of unwarranted mistreatment.
>>
File: image[2].jpg (3KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
image[2].jpg
3KB, 300x57px
>>8664006
should you be able to sue if you got denied because their hired a pretty girl instead?

think again
>>
>>8663821
Too many ampersands. Tell your friend that they shouldn't use so many of them.
>>
File: tumblr_no4t1cfJhv1tpq42wo3_540.gif (2MB, 504x335px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no4t1cfJhv1tpq42wo3_540.gif
2MB, 504x335px
>>8664031
Yes, I'm the same guy who wrote both.
I used "hon" because it is the word most commonly used on this site to mean "non-passing".
I didn't mean it as an insult, although I see you took it as one.
Perhaps you could get legal help from an lgbt organization that has lawyers on staff.
That's how it works in the US.
They are often just waiting for the right case to come along that ticks all the boxes and then they take it on pro bono.
I'm not saying your case ticks all the boxes, but it might.
It wouldn't hurt to document your experiences and talk to some litigious lesbians.
>>
>>8664051
I'm a shocked you don't consider "hon" an insult. Like I said in >>8663991 there's a lot of shaming and blaming rhetoric associated with the word.
I was here when the term was first coined, maybe it's not used as a putdown as much any more, but personally I'd recommend you substitute "visibly trans" if you aren't afraid of using unfashionably left wing terminology here.
>>
>>8664083
But how can you brainwash people if you don't use the carefully designed right-wing bullshit words?
>>
Shut the FUCK up about your gender, dress and act responsibly and with dignity, and go get a fucking job.

Nobody wants to know about your issues. If you don't pass, don't dress in drag, you're basically demanding an employer hire someone that will freak out the rest of the staff.

Your job and your gender do not mix. At all. Unless you're a hooker.
>>
>>8664119
Tell that to the Christian pedophiles that refuse to hire trans people who worthless sack of shit.

Oh, that's right. Pedophiles don't talk back to one of their own.
>>
>>8663899
Moving is as free and easy as getting in a car and driving where you wanna go.

HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOKLS

L M A O
>>
>>8663950
I think it's more that people graduate then expect to make a ton of money despite having no experience
Where I work it's mostly foreigners and they pay dirt cheap at first but I was promoted quite fast as I gained experience and the foreigners can't speak with clients with very well so they never move up. Most others I know that graduated still whine about not finding jobs because they're not willing to start at low wages.
With science/engineering companies you're in training for months so employee dropout is a huge deal. They can't afford to pay well during that time.
>>
Why would anyone hire a trans person? They are unstable, unreliable and live life as a self-perceived victim.
>>
>>8664827
I was able to stop fapping when I cut off my body's supply of testosterone.
>>
>>8664083
Hon has been around LONG before 4chan was even made.
>>
>>8663977
Sure, tech is really good because they'll hire you if you're competent even if you look like a hobo. But not all or even most trannies could manage that
>>
>>8664950
Let me make sure we're talking about the same thing. Do you mean "Hon" as in a term for non-passing transwomen, especially older ones, referencing that group's habit of calling each other "hon" as a feminine term of endearment?
I'm totally willing to believe even that particular meaning/usage was imported to /lgbt/ from elsewhere, but this is the only place I've ever encountered it, and the first I've heard of it predating this board.
But I won't pretend to be the expert here
>>
Where do you see yourself in 20 years? What do you want out of your life?
>>
>>8665253
I have absolutely no vision of the future.
>>
>>8664126

Moving is pretty easy if you don't make consistently bad life choices, such as majoring in something useless in college, voting to have your job given to a foreigner, and living somewhere where you can't get a job :^)
>>
>>8666797
I dropped out of college...
>>
>>8663821
I just quit my job and am on sick-leave. Will probably do some therapy and then work again in a few weeks/months.
So far I had no problems getting a job but I had luck and could start transition there. I'm glad that I'm not visibly trans anymore but I don't think my future will be easy due to bearing with so much stress. I just can't bear stress, I get so anxious when I think about my past job...

Yes, I spoke to lots of 'experienced' people, telling me how transsexuals do in fact have problems getting a job, but it's mostly depressed, older transsexuals, which are very visible trans.
I hope I'll find a job with 30 hours a week that keeps me afloat
>>
>>8663821
I lost my job around the time I started transitioning. Haven't be able to find one since.
>>
File: racist.jpg (314KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
racist.jpg
314KB, 1280x1024px
>>8663898

Because having a trans person on staff is an HR liability like no other.
>>
>>8667326
I've never met anybody who's fallen for this. Who is this meme targeted at, that somebody thinks it will fool?
>>
>pass laws protecting trannies from "hate speech"
>if they experience what they consider to be hate speech they can take legal action
>having trannies as employees is now a huge financial liability
>surprised when no one hires you

You literally asked for this. You reap what you sow.
>>
>>8668684
Feminists created maternity leave but people still hire women.
>>
>>8663832
Do trannies only hang out on 4chan? Most Trans women I've had the pleasure of meeting were very genuine and nice. But I've only ever met 6. If you spend your time on this hellhole I encourage you to go outside, and get yourself a bf and a job. Personally I'd be fine with my gf having no job, since I work, but that won't be the same for all guys.
>>
>>8668696
Half the fucking population is women.
>>
>>8668707
More actually.
>>
>>8664119
>Shut the FUCK up about your gender, dress and act responsibly and with dignity, and go get a fucking job.
The point is that even when you do those things it is fucking hard.

I recently applied to a job that I knew other transpeople already worked at. However as soon as I walked into the interview there the women wouldn't look me in the eye. Meanwhile the guys in the room were super into me (Annnd I am a lesbian)
They told me after that I was the strongest interview, but didn't have enough experience.... (But I did) In reality I think the other girls were weirded out or something. And I pass but maybe I don't given this situation.
>>
>>8668684
>oh no if we fire them because they are trans they can sue us
>better hire cis people we can fire for whatever reason we want
>>
>>8669124
This
>>
>>8664831
wow
>>
>>8663980
one of the best posts I've ever read. The world is so transparent now
>>
File: terrassa1.jpg (104KB, 1000x673px) Image search: [Google]
terrassa1.jpg
104KB, 1000x673px
>>8672672
>>8663980
>And it provides a way for the elderly to pay for their medical bills by selling the equity in their houses.
>We are all just pawns in (((their))) game.
Why don't we have a system in place where old gay people leave their houses and stuff to younger gay people since most of us don't have kids. The system favors the hets who can just leave everything to next gen and keep wealth in the family. What about for us Lesbeans and fags?
>>
>>8667326
Can you elaborate on this, I really need to know
>>
>>8672729
to younger LGBT* people
>>
>>8672747
Sure, "Mx Politically Correct"

>>8672729
I would be super into this. Like the younger less well off couples make a profile and older couples can select them as the inheritors of their will.
>>
>>8672729
>>8672752
>tfw ywn be the adopted mtf daughter of a rich gay couple
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.