[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help with coming out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0993.jpg (36KB, 429x399px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0993.jpg
36KB, 429x399px
I'm 18, and going into my senior year.

I've known that I was gay since year 2, and haven't done much about it.

I have an incredibly homophobic family, but the school and the general community where I live is accepting.

I'm looking for advice on if I should come out or not.

On one hand, it'd be nice to tell people and tell the "truth" to people.

But on the other hand, I am terrified of what my family would do, and I'm scared everybody would just think of me as "that gay guy" instead of who I am as a person.

I have a decent savings account, but it's not nearly enough to move out on a moments notice.

I know this isn't /adv/ but it would still be nice to get some advice nonetheless.
>>
>>8663293
Only come out if you have an escape plan. Also what's the point unless you have a bf and when you're so close to uni?
>>
Well lad, you are going to have to come out eventually. And when you are pursuing a relationship with another man, people are going to find out. So you will have to cross the bridge or just lie and push yourself further and further into the closet and be really miserable.
My advice to you is to tell people you are gay when it feels appropriate, and to drop it on them nonchalantly so it's not a big deal. Just remember that you are gonna have to do it at some point, and it is never going to be easy. May as well do it now and then you won't have to worry about hiding yourself.
>>
>>8663316
I had the same thought myself, and I'll probably keep it to myself, even though it would feel great to tell my close friends.
>>
>>8663293
Let me guess.
Are you worried that they will think that you are the bottom because your bf is taller than you?
Did your mother find a dildo in your room?
Do you have a feminine ass?
>>
>>8663332
Basically 100% this is meme, but I'll answer it because why the fuck not.

They don't know I'm gay, I'd probably be kicked out if they did.

No, I hide that shit.

Idk man wtf do you want from me.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.