[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can somone cute explain dysphoria for me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1500245180903.png (102KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
1500245180903.png
102KB, 500x469px
can somone cute explain dysphoria for me?
>>
You look different in the mirror every time you look, and it always isn't what you think you should see.
>>
>>8650222
but im an ugly and undeniably cis guy and i do feel it too
>>
>>8650222
Isn't that more of body dismorphic disorder?
>>
>>8650217
I don't know if this is too clinical for you, but here's the actual description of the disorder from the DSM V.

>Gender dysphoria refers to the distress that may accompany the incongruence between one's experienced or expressed gender and one's assigned gender. Although not all individuals will experience distress as a result of such incongruence, many are distressed if the desired physical interventions by means of hormones and/or surgery are not available.

And the diagnostic criteria for adults:
> Gender Dysphoria in Adolescents and Adults 302.85 (F64.1 )
>A. A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and assigned gender, of at least 6 months’ duration, as manifested by at least two of the following:
>1. A marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and primary and/or secondary sex characteristics (or in young adolescents, the anticipated secondary sex characteristics).
>2. A strong desire to be rid of one’s primary and/or secondary sex characteristics because of a marked incongruence with one’s experienced/expressed gender (or in young adolescents, a desire to prevent the development of the anticipated secondary sex characteristics).
>3. A strong desire for the primary and/or secondary sex characteristics of the other gender.
>4. A strong desire to be of the other gender (or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender).
>5. A strong desire to be treated as the other gender (or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender).
>6. A strong conviction that one has the typical feelings and reactions of the other gender (or some alternative gender different from one’s assigned gender).
>B. The condition is associated with clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

https://psicovalero.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/dsm-v-manual-diagnc3b3stico-y-estadc3adstico-de-los-trastornos-mentales.pdf
>>
File: Ct20JVMWAAEFtls.jpg (27KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
Ct20JVMWAAEFtls.jpg
27KB, 396x385px
>>8650252
>I don't know if this is too clinical for you
dw anon, i work at science

its just that most of the mtf stories i find here are by people who 'wanted to wear dresses and pkay with dolls and behaved feminine' as kids but as an effeminate fag myself i dont think it really does mean one is a woman (in mans body)

isnt it just a result of modern overly sexualized culture? why do they want to identify with a different gender when it only will man fitting in another cliche than the society forced them in, i hate the tumblr nonbinary shit but i eally support the idea of an agender society
>>
FtM here. Someone posted the diagnostic criteria, but that doesn't tell you what it feels like. For me, it was:

1) Usually feeling waves of intense discomfort and ickiness when I changed clothes, bathed, etc. - basically anything that involved getting naked or partially naked. I felt this even as a kid, and didn't know what it was.

2) Being momentarily unable to recognize myself in the mirror, because my internal self-image was that of a male the same age.

3) Feeling dizzy and uncomfortable around men because it forced me to confront that our bodies were not the same. (The larger the difference, the worse it was, e.g. skinny men my own height did not bother me as much.)

4) Dreams in which I was having sex, but my penis was mysteriously missing. Dreams where I stepped up to the urinal but my penis was mysteriously missing.

5) Phantom dick.

6) Feeling like my breasts were extremely alien and literally did not belong to me.

7) In my earliest memories (2ish), assumed I would grow up to be like my father and not my mother. When my little sister was born, I thought my dad and I were the same gender and my sister and mother were the other "half" of the family.

8) Automatically relating to boys/men: as a kid, always automatically copied what the males were doing until I was "corrected," and didn't really "model" females at all. All my first-person stories had male narrators. Chose male characters in video games. Gave the few stuffed animals I played with male names. (I didn't realize this was weird until I discovered the girls in my family had all given most of their toys female names.)

9) Couldn't/didn't pick up feminine mannerisms until I attempted to learn them explicitly. Got picked on in 7th grade for "swaggering like a boy" instead of swinging my hips.

10) Everyone could tell and kept telling me there was something "off" about me as a girl.
>>
>>8650217
He never said there were more than 2, just that its on a spectrum, which is, by definition since 40 fucking years ago, true.
Gender =/= Sex
>>
>>8650217
I want bill nye to fuck me silly
>>
I look in the mirror and I see an obviously masculine feature like my moustache appearing which accentuates my male biology, or hear my own deep voice while Im in girlmode, and panic because i need to stop it soon.

Often times i find conversation irl boymode, like a job interview, super weird. Feels like Im a girl pretending to be a guy, even though I don't normally "feel like a girl" or boy. I hear my male voice and see my mannerisms and it's like "aha, they'll never know Im totally not a dude at all while I pilot this mech". Outside of that I don't get the same detachment, I usually just feel like me and that me needs to change.
>>
>>8650287
Partially embellishing but also because as much as people can philosowank about 'why not just be a feminine gay guy?!' and 'you reinforce a stereotype!' it doesnt change the fact that the stereotype is true. The embellishment comes from having to explain how you 'just know' you're another gender the same way 99.4% of the world 'just knows' they are their gender.

Put 100 cis women in a room and ask them how they know they're women and they'll probably bring up a lot of stereotypes about gender as well. That does not mean they should just be feminine gay guys.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.