[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it contradictory to be conservative and gay?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: hank hill.jpg (111KB, 460x330px) Image search: [Google]
hank hill.jpg
111KB, 460x330px
Is it contradictory to be conservative and gay?
>>
>>8650138
No, because conservatism isn't inherently anti-gay. It's the people in it that often are, and they're only that way because a book told them it's wrong.
>>
>>8650138
Log Cabin Republicans are a thing, you know. Although most conservatives tend to be religious and thus fairly homophobic/less likely to accept you.
>>
>>8650138

No, it's just a rarer belief set
>>
>the circumstances of your birth should dictate your political positions

No.
>>
I'm liberal as fuck and even I know thats retarded. Of course you can. political ideology has fuckall to do with who you want In your ass. But don't expect not to get hate from your side, you will. Evangelicals are notorious and vocal.
>>
File: Pic.jpg (242KB, 957x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Pic.jpg
242KB, 957x1024px
>>8650138
https://discord.gg/H6KArJ
>>
No. Good chance you will experience some self-hated though.

>>8650206
Conservatism is kind of anti-gay when the society they're trying to preserve is getting outbred. At the very least conservatism is pro-family and being gay kind of complicates that.
>>
>>8650138
Caitlyn Jenner is a conservatard transfag
>>
File: hero.jpg (146KB, 1622x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hero.jpg
146KB, 1622x1080px
>>8650138
No. Ideology and sexuality are different.
I'm a Bi fascist.
>>
>>8650617
subpar IQ detected
>>
>>8650391
>>8650208
I don't really think I understand WHY conservatism was anti-gay when I was a fedora liberal. I was like "Man, it must be the religion! Conservatism has nothing to do with being anti-gay".

Then you read about the atheist communists cracking down like mad on gays, often by leaders who in the context of communist society were conservative in nature, like Stalin. It's weird to talk about commies in terms of them being conservatives but people with a conservative bent exist everywhere and those people in commie countries rounded up the gays. In part, because they weren't doing their duty to the country by reproducing.

The thing is, conservatism is ultimately about preserving what is good about current society and the past. In modern times, immigration is a huge threat to conservative values, because it is changing the ethnosocial makeup of countries. However, countries cannot succeed without plenty of population. Thus, conservatism inherantly will lead you to the conclusion that society as a whole needs to reproduce.

That sort of logic isn't incompatable with accepting homosexuals, especially say lesbians who want to get knocked up and raise a family. However conservatives are going to frequently lobby for people to have families, and shame those that are not having families, and homosexuals are going to be disperportinately in that group.

Beyond that, conservatism is associated with disgust, and gay men spread STDs like fucking mad. They are always going to be the first to judge aids riddled fuckbois for being aids riddled fuckbois. They're going to preach abstinence to stop the spread of disease more than anybody, and gay men are gonna not fucking care what they think.

Way I see it, LGBT and conservatives will always have tension.
>>
>>8650639
>conservatism is ultimately about preserving what is good about current society and the past.

Exactly.
Conservatism != Communism
Stay in school.
>>
>>8650606
Being pro-family doesn't equal out to bring Anti-gay. Gays are a minority and their contribution to the birthrate would be miniscule if convinced to conceive. The problem with lower birthrates lie solely or at least mostly with hetero majority. And homosexuality doesn't effect the average family unit, the only ones who argue this are religious fundamentalists who believe being gay in front of young people will influence them to he gay, or in other words "Being gay is a choice" types. Also, in reference to out breeding, like we see in the White vs Black/Arab birthrate in Europe, this could be fixed with conservative immigration policy and monetary incentive to have children rather than pouring money in welfare for foreign entities who do not reciprocate into the system.
>>
>>8650671
Let me rephrase, rather, to have monetary incentives for natives with intact family units (mother and father) to have children. Instead of the incentive for single mothers to have children and remain single like we do in the US.
>>
>>8650639
Conservatism doesn't have to be anti-gay, I'm just saying that the average conservative in the US is probably anti-gay. The GOP has more or less been hijacked by Evangelicals, which is the source of it all. The LGBT community won't always have tension with conservatives, but I think that it will always have tension with Evangelicals, ESPECIALLY in America.
>>
>>8650614
Pfff, if you call that conservative.

t. actual conservative transfag
>>
>>8650206

The book is old, though, and has been very very popular through most of its existence. So believing it is conserving an old tradition. It is a highly conservative thing to do.

On the other hand, homosexuality is surely much older. So being gay is conservative.

Ultimately, if you think you are conservative, you are stupid and wrong, and if you think you aren't, you are stupid and wrong. The only correct position is indifference.
>>
>>8650639
Do gay people make that much of a noticeable dent on the birth rate? Homosexuality's been around since time immemorial, and gay people can have roles that preserve and progress society without reproducing, like adopting and instilling good values in their children.
>>
>>8650639
>In modern times, immigration is a huge threat to conservative values,

Hm yes this must be why all those Muslim countries hate gays.

Hey listen I think you might still have that fedora on, regardless of what side you say you are on now
>>
>>8654742

Obviously not. In fact they can even... reproduce. They can adopt orphans and abandoned babies and so on. There is obviously no major baby shortage in any country where straight people want lots of babies. Anon was just spouting off and being silly.

Conservatives hate gays because the people around them hate gays and they are too stupid to think differently. If you want a simplistic explanation, use that one; it's better than any halfbaked argument based on immigration or population.
>>
Transguy and voted for Trump
>>
>>8650138
No, of course it isn't. Being gay or trans is separate from your political views/standpoints.
>>
>>8654836
You'd never hear the left admit that . Same for sex and gender.
>>
>>8654844
>Same for sex and gender
What kind of reaction are you trying to incite?
>>
>>8654881
oh wait nvm i got what you were saying
i read it wrong
>>
>>8654881
>>8654887
Actually I meant to say race and sex/gender but I'm really tired.
>>
>>8650138
No.

It's called being libertarian
>>
It's contradictory to be socially conservative and openly gay.

But otherwise no.
>>
>>8655196
>It's contradictory to be socially conservative and openly sexual.
fixed
>>
>>8655191
This guy gets it. Purple quadrant is the only way to avoid totalitarianism, and completely open to the gays.
>>
Only if your in the US.
>>
No, buy I think a lot of people also misunderstand conservatism as a concept and what's appealing about it.

Conservatism should be about stability, safety, etc. Being gay has very little to do with that in terms of policy advocacy because you should be advocating things that fit into that model of safe decisions. Less immigration, fewer foreign wars and a greater emphasis on self-defense, a balanced budget, and possibly some labor power things like union protection. If you're an environmentalist, you can justify it as protecting natural heritage.

The goal of a liberal society is to innovate really fast, even at the expense of safety. The goal of a conservative society is to crawl slowly forward and not leave anyone behind.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.