[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Movies and shows with crossdressing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Frankport.png (154KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Frankport.png
154KB, 300x300px
I would like help with some recommendations and suggestions for movies and shows where they include any male characters who casually crossdress or wear feminine clothes of any kind on a regular everyday basis? NOT transgender women, but men dressing in feminine clothes as said. Additionally, gay inclusion of some sort would be nice too. Rocky Horror Picture Show is a good example of what I look for. Any suggestions and recommendations are appreciated.

I know some here will tell me to go to the TV subreddit - but, well, they will most likely there tell me to go here, as they've done before.
>>
Besides RHPS/Shock Treatment the only ones I can think of right now are
>i shot andy warhol
>dinah east
>ed wood
None of them are O'Brien's style, though
>>
>>8647771
None of those fit into the criterias I described.
>>
>>8647788
Dinah Wast was close. Pretty sure the main character wasn't trans. I messed up my kvass and it tasted like someone poured rubbing alcohol in it but I'm sure I got the list as close as possible for you
>>
>>8647798
"A glamorous movie queen of the 1950s is revealed to be a man whose secret led to complicated relationships."

That's not crossdressing, that's to be in a disguise to trick people. He is trying to make them believe he IS a woman. And, given it's from the '70s, I'm more than certain the portrayal is very likely homophobic, which is what I rather not want either way.
>>
The Birdcage, 1996. Robin Williams, Nathan Lane. Good stuff.
>>
>>8647827
Oh yeah, that's a fair example. :) Though, I've already seen it, and it feels more like a weird parody of sorts. Almost like it wants to make fun of feminine men. But, still, fair example as said.
>>
>>8647819
>He is trying to make them believe he IS a woman
So you have a new definition of crossdressing which is when someone dresses as the opposite sex but still presents themselves as the sex they are in an obvious way. No one else considers that to be crossdressing so you'll have a hard time finding that
>I'm more than certain the portrayal is very likely homophobic
If you actually watch the movie you'll see that it's not homo or trans phobic and shows the audience how human he is without making him straight acting. I really hope you don't make these kinds of snap judgements about movies all the time. You'd miss out on a lot of great films
>>
>>8647841
>So you have a new definition of crossdressing which is when someone dresses as the opposite sex but still presents themselves as the sex they are in an obvious way. No one else considers that to be crossdressing so you'll have a hard time finding that
Odd false dichotomy you came up with there. They are deliberately lying about being women. They do it to get away from the mafia, not because they enjoy it.
>If you actually watch the movie you'll see that it's not homo or trans phobic and shows the audience how human he is without making him straight acting. I really hope you don't make these kinds of snap judgements about movies all the time. You'd miss out on a lot of great films
Oh, really? So you're saying he gets together with a guy at the end we get to see him kiss on-screen and live happily with?
>>
>>8647852
>They do it to get away from the mafia, not because they enjoy it
Not sure what movie description you're reading but that's not Dinah East. He does it because he enjoys it and wants to play female roles in movies. He lies about his gender because he knows a man won't be cast for female parts. If he had the option to crossdress and say "yeah i'm a guy" he would have.
>So you're saying he gets together with a guy at the end we get to see him kiss on-screen and live happily with?
It's not made my Disney, so no. He and his husband do live a happy life and raise a son together but it does put a strain on them when the word gets out to the public about them. You not only did not specify you wanted happy endings only but your example movie was one without one
>>
>>8647839
Yeah, you have a point there. The thing is, ripping on feminine men and cross-dressers is such low hanging fruit that it's been a staple since Jack Benny and before, really hard to not sink there at all when it's the subject of the movie.

I still really like it because it kinda shines a light on all angles of acceptance and shakes out as being really sweet. It's a ridiculous, difficult, kinda sad situation, but they just kinda deal with it out of love for the kid.
>>
>>8647874
>Not sure what movie description you're reading but that's not Dinah East. He does it because he enjoys it and wants to play female roles in movies. He lies about his gender because he knows a man won't be cast for female parts. If he had the option to crossdress and say "yeah i'm a guy" he would have.
Shit, I think I mixed things up, I thought we were talking about Some Like It Hot. Sorry.
>It's not made my Disney, so no. He and his husband do live a happy life and raise a son together but it does put a strain on them when the word gets out to the public about them. You not only did not specify you wanted happy endings only but your example movie was one without one
Didn't say it needs to be a Disney movie. And I was merely asking, not demanding anything. Chill. I'm just tired of sob stories meant to make straight people feel bad for us gays, such as Brokeback Mountain and The Imitation Game.
>>
>>8647883
Oh, don't get me wrong, I enjoy the movie for what it is, and I do think it's a good example to bring up. :) But, yeah, not entirely my personal cup of tea. But I don't really see anything wrong with it.
>>
>>8647710
ask in the crossdressing thread >>8629096
>>
>>8647890
>Chill
Oh, really? can be an aggressive way to respond in most parts of the english speaking world depending on the tone.
>Didn't say it needs to be a Disney movie
That's an expression comonly used to describe light fluffy movies that end happily ever after,
>And I was merely asking, not demanding anything
Never claimed you demeaned. All I've done is answer your questions
>I'm just tired of sob stories meant to make straight people feel bad for us gays
Unfortunately that's going to be most gay themed movies for a very long time. Straight women love those and because they are a much bigger demographic the studios will pander to them instead of us.
>Brokeback Mountain
I brokeback your dad's mountain
>>
>>8647915
>Unfortunately that's going to be most gay themed movies for a very long time.
Uhm, when did I say I'm looking for gay THEMED or crossdressing THEMED movies? Including something doesn't mean the whole damn movie needs to be about it. Look at Crank, the second movie has a crossdressing dude in it despite not being about crossdressing.
>>
>>8647936
Ok if you're not looking for a gay THEMED movie then how are I Shot Any Warhol and Ed Wood not what you're looking for?
>not sob stories about gay characters
>has characters that identify as male, don't lie about it, and crossdress or wear feminine clothes on the reg
>both have gay inclusion
What did they miss?
>>
>>8647973
I specifically said I'm looking forcasual crossdressers wearing feminine clothes on a regular everyday basis. None of those have that from what I can tell.
>>
>>8647984
Both of those have that. Ed Wood was private about his crossdressing at first, especially because he's straight, but when he found a girl who didn't care he would wear his girly clothes while filming because he liked how they felt. I Shot Andy Warhol has plenty of characters, trans and cis, who dress in women's clothes or just in feminine but still male presenting clothes on an everyday basis and treat it like it's nothing.
>>
>>8647997
So... Ed Wood doesn't have gay inclusion, and you just lied about that? And, if I Shot Andy Warhol has "trans"-characters, that's once again not what I look for. Crossdressing cisgender dudes, can be gay or bi, but don't care for if it's straight stuff.
>>
>>8648001
>So... Ed Wood doesn't have gay inclusion
Ed Wood has gay inclusion, I never said it didn't. The main character isn't gay but a buddy of his is.
>And, if I Shot Andy Warhol has "trans"-characters, that's once again not what I look for.
It has trans AND cis as a I pointed out.
>>
>>8648083
Yeah, but the crossdresser isn't gay, so forget it. Neither of your suggestions feel like anything for me. Sorry.
>>
Isn't this the OP who kept asking for super specific girly-boy characters in comics and rejecting every suggestion? Reads the same way.
>>
>>8648214
Yeah, this autist has been on /adv/ too. What a bizarre fetish to have.
>>
Your best bet would be anime imo. Unless you actually want a crossdresser to look like tim curry, in which case that's pretty fucked up
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.