[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I asked my crush at work to go to lunch with me tomorrow. And

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: home at last.png (311KB, 439x456px) Image search: [Google]
home at last.png
311KB, 439x456px
I asked my crush at work to go to lunch with me tomorrow. And he agreed.

Holy fuck, Anons: why did I do it? What do I do now?

He's gay too, and I'm pretty sure he knows I really like him by now. But he's completely out of my league. Fuuuuuck. Why did he even say yes?
>>
because he likes you
>>
>>8643781
Get yourself together. He said YES. Apparently he's not so out of your league after all.
>>
File: La grenouille triste et la mer.jpg (66KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
La grenouille triste et la mer.jpg
66KB, 340x340px
>>8643785
>>8643799
What if he only said so because it would be awkward to say 'no'? After all, we work together, and get along with a mutual friend.
>>
1. Don't ask how he's doing too much or apologize constantly
2. Don't assume you know what he's thinking, take what he says at face value as much as possible
3. Don't be surprised if things move faster than you expect but try and match his speed (unless you get uncomfortable, simply let him know politely)
4. Don't pay his way on first date
5. Don't make it an interview when holding conversation

If you follow those you'll be fine anon. This isn't as challenging as you think and he's obviously interested in you since he accepted.
>>
>>8643830
No, don't doubt yourself. It's not that awkward to turn someone down, if he wanted to he would've.
>>8643833
What do you mean by "don't pay his way"?
>>
>>8643856
Pay for your own meal, don't pay for his. It's too much to offer somebody when it's your first time going out together.

Unless you already said you'd pay for him.
>>
>>8643856
>>8643877
Even if you do this one thing though it's not fucking game over, it's just a little weird for some people. And if he already accepted that's more than fine.

These are general guidelines, not really YOU HAVE TO DO THIS OR YOU FUCK UP.
>>
>>8643781
It's lunch, not a date, calm down and just get to know him better.
>>
>>8643877
I think splitting the bill would send entirely the wrong message... OP asked him out, OP should definitely pay for him.
>>
I am monitoring this thread (are any of you bandwagoning faggots old enough to remember when that was a common thing on the Internet Hate Machine? Fuck I'm old) I never thought about it until now but what *is* the generally accepted etiquette when a man asks another man out to a meal?
>>
File: ghoul.jpg (200KB, 563x600px) Image search: [Google]
ghoul.jpg
200KB, 563x600px
>>8643877
>>8643884
>>8643888
Holy shit, I'm the faggot beta OP, and even I'm not making a big deal out of the fucking bill. I'll pay for myself and he'll pay for himself: not that fucking hard.

In any case, the God-damned bill is the least of my fucking worries right now. What am I going to talk to him about? Everytime I've talked to him, I've been in the company of our mutual friend. But this time, it's just me and him.
>>
>>8643935
Just talk about stuff you would talk to your mutual friend about, this ain't hard, it's a fucking dude, not even a girl.
>>
>>8643935

Nigga you don't even know him well, why don't you ask him the things you'd want to know about someone who you like? Hobbies, interests, tastes, family, are people really this autistic?
>>
>>8643781
Since it's been a day you have to tell us how it went.
>>
>>8648865
I think it went good. It was alright. I enjoyed it - I'd like to think he did too.
>>
>>8649270
Did you suck his dick?
>>
File: 1387427397234.png (414KB, 920x654px) Image search: [Google]
1387427397234.png
414KB, 920x654px
>>8649282
No.

But now I don't know how to proceed. I obviously want to ask him out, but I have no idea how to do that. What do I do from here?
>>
>>8643781
>"oh my things are going wonderfully what do I do?"
Jesus fuck anon.
>>
>>8643781
OP he's giving you a chance. So go out there and swing
>>
File: dumg-frog.png (491KB, 1832x2366px) Image search: [Google]
dumg-frog.png
491KB, 1832x2366px
Maybe I'm too autistic, but I don't know how to take it further. I went with lunch with - big deal, so now what's next?
>>
Keep calm,
The worst he could do is call you a poopy pants or some shit and say no~

Just talk with him and see how it goes,
Ask if he wants to hang again maybe some other time. If it works out it works out, if it doesn't, it doesn't
>>
>>8649329
>>8650373
What did you talk about at lunch?
You should have been able to tell if he is interested or not and if you were smart you would have made a second date before you left him.
>>
>>8650373
if you didn't fuck after first date, you lost the game
>>
>>8650523

I think you are a literal sperg if you cannot manage to say to him 'I really enjoyed our last lunch together, would you like to go out again? Maybe someplace nice after work (within your budget and if convenient obvs) if you'd like'

You can't be that into him if you don't want to know more about him, tell us what you chatted about at lunch OPfag
>>
>>8650523
>>8650560
We talked about our interests. He told me he likes offroading and hiking, and I said I liked camping and archery; we talked a little bit about work, and our history before there. He told me about how he feels boxed in because he's been there for a while, and is toying with the idea of quitting and finding a job in another field. Stuff like that. When we met last week with our mutual friend, we were talking about religious cults, because the subject came up.

I did tell him "thanks for coming, we should do this some other time," and his reply was "sure, on Fridays".

Now, I might get together with some co-workers later today, and it's likely he'll be there too (hence the reason I'm going, despite my fear of social occasions).
>>
>>8650692
Whats the reason you use 2 dying pepes and
a pic of a tower on fire?
>>
>>8650692
Cool.
It sounds like you've made a friend.
Normally, though, as a previous anon stated, if you don't have sex pretty early on, you will get friend-zoned, after which sex will probably become impossible.
You need to make a move the next time you see him and invite him back to your place "for a beer" or to smoke weed or something that you know he would like to do.
Then when you and he are alone you can put your hand on his thigh and look at his crotch and lick your lips.
He will either indicate that he wants you to suck it or he will get uncomfortable and leave.
>>
>>8650779
Autism
>>
>>8650784
Not OP, but is that really true? I've never been in a relationship, but isn't sex after the first date considered tacky or slutty. I would've anticipated sex after like a month of dating.
>>
>>8651561
men are horny all the time and gay men hook up mostly if not only for sex
>>
>>8651564
I know that, I dunno, I know for me I don't wanna have sex until I'm in a real relationship. I'm aware that this is considered uncommon but aaaaaaaaa. Also since you specified that men are horny if you couldn't tell I am a man.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.