[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genderbend / Cis-Swap - Please explain the problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: DFqSj6PXkAEvwR8.jpg (173KB, 1089x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DFqSj6PXkAEvwR8.jpg
173KB, 1089x1200px
I'm gonna be frank, I don't understand the problem. I thought I'd come here and ask to try and get a better understanding. I'm honestly trying but I don't understand the problem with it other than it erases transgender communities, but then cis people aren't allowed to portray transgender anyway, so?

I don't even know if the people here think it is a problem, there's just a thing happening over at twitter
>>
For clarification: I agree that the genderbend/cis-swap of Brian (?) is poorly executed
>>
>>8637334
no one fucking cares about this you faggot, go back to tumblr
>>
>>8637334
It's a cool concept.
>>
>>8637334
Is that MILF supposed to be MtF or what? If so [spoiler]I'm so friggin jealous of her mega milk boobs[/spoiler]
>>
>>8637339
I'll take these few responses as this simply being a twitter issue and not an actual lgbt issue
>>
>>8637334
omg who the hell cares
>>
>Josephine just wearing Joseph's outfit but with shorts

>not full on prim and proper christian housewife with a full length dress and braid/bun

Needs to step up their genderswap game desu
>>
>>8637334
As a lesbo i completely agree of this.
Would definitely love Brianna tenderly (or Dahlia, oh my)
>>
The entire thing is just low effort.

Genderbending in general is considered offensive for some trans people because of the idea that "gender" = "sex". That's why.

Link to twitter drama???
>>
>>8637685
But yes, I do agree with this. It's kinda low effort. Would kill for a dream milf game though
>>
>>8637658

Yeah the fashion in general is just...the same clothes which is low effort to the extreme. And like....they are all 10 years younger or something, why?
>>
>>8637718
>And like....they are all 10 years younger or something
Men are praised for looking mature, women are praised for looking youthful. So men wanna look mature but well kept while women wanna look young.
>>
>>8637334
I have no idea what this is, but I'm guessing someone took a game about dads and made art where they're women instead?
Who the fuck cares?
>>
>>8637334
Your typical nonbinary/genderqueer/tucute tunglr assholes getting bent because they don't like the word "genderbend" even though OP never used it, they prefer "cisswap"/"sexswap"/other retarded shit because "omg more than 2 genders!!1!".

They are just salty cunts that are mad these MILFs are hotter women than they were at any point in their lives. :^)

But for an actual "explanation", they think pronouns don't matter and passing is an evil concept created by those shitnasty cis people and that the only accept trans headcanons are if a 30+ year-old still wears binders/boob padding.

>>8637339
Are you saying that because she's not a bloated whale? I prefer this, as a lesbian I see enough whales as it is.

>>8637685
https://archive.fo/Ve0Fs
http://archive.is/gjHid
https://archive.fo/lkZBR
>>
Honestly the concept of genderbend being transphobic is downright idiotic. The only offensive thing about it is the name itself, containing the word "gender" because it implies an alternative universe in which the character go from having masculine features to feminine and vice versa.
>>8641988 this thread has important points that help explain the issue. Because usually the thing about being transexual is not feeling either feminine or masculine and wishing to be of the opposite gender (and in some cases another gender entirely).
Anyway. She portraid a transexual character as a female but she pointed out that she's MtF, so honestly it just goes down to the tumblr rage """sjw""" trend to attack anyone considered homophobic/transphobic/whatever.
>>
>>8642205
I don't know how to tag threads. It's the only thing in 3 years of lurking I don't know how to do. It's the thread with the thinking face meme thing
>>
>>8637334
>there's just a thing happening over at twitter
That's more than enough to deem the entire thing not worthy of attention.
It's twitter.
Nothing significant ever happens on twitter.

Besides, why shuld we care about a game made for straight girls?
>>
>>8637334
The 'problem' is that one of the characters is ftm and make him a woman in fanart is somehow transphobic, and that the bear dad is now a busty milf which is 'fatphobic' or some shit I don't even know
>>
>>8637334
>but then cis people aren't allowed to portray transgender anyway, so?

I would be okay with cis women playing trans women, but please no more Jared Letos.
>>
>>8642330
how do you know it's not a mtf?
>>
>>8642351
Yeah, that's what the artist said, but I guess that's not good enough. Really there's just no pleasing these people.
>>
File: 1460022469834.jpg (67KB, 500x543px) Image search: [Google]
1460022469834.jpg
67KB, 500x543px
>>8639787
Why the hell did "nonbinary" ever start being taken seriously outside tumblr?

I have a brother (female) who insists on being called "transmasculine nonbinary" even though he is clearly transitiong to being man, with male pronouns and appearance and all. Instead of just being an ordinary FTM he has to be a special snowflake. I am convinced tumblr is to blame.
>>
Sounds like straight white girls getting outraged and offended on behalf of [insert pet minority] again.
>>
>another gay dating sim made for straight women
Why are people supporting this acting like it's progressive?
>>
>>8642359
I think it's because most people don't actually take it seriously and realize that it's mostly kids and teens being dumb. They've always had dumb phases, this is nothing new.
>>
>>8642386
I hate this, I don't like gay stuff to be looked as "LOL I'm dating dads xD" like fuck off I want to fuck older men. This shit isn't a joke to me, go get views from some other game you prick.
>>
>>8637334
I want to steal the artist's soul and inherit their skills for my own deeds!

nice tits btw
>>
>>8644094
>I don't have a sense of humour so no one can
How about you chill out?
>>
>>8642359
a lot of this is just being afraid. calling yourself transmasc nonbinary puts distance there, and some people need that to cope.
>>
>>8644218
The worst part about it is when they find a group that supports their beliefs and lash out to anyone disagreeing.
>>
For those who didn't see threads about this on /v/ the op probably made this thread here because a bunch of people are sperging out saying it's the evil tranny sjws that are complaining about it and attacking the artist.
I haven't actually seen any posts by trannies complaining, just feminists and sjws whining about gender roles and shit and using trans people as a pawn. A lot of them are probably the same ones that shit on trannies for supporting traditional gender roles too.
>>
>>8637334
y is one of them a vampire
>>
File: IMG_3957.jpg (65KB, 341x244px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3957.jpg
65KB, 341x244px
>>8637334
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.