[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Gay Phenomenon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: my future self .jpg (111KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
my future self .jpg
111KB, 900x900px
Gay culture is not the same as mere homosexuality or 'men who have sex with men.' It has somethings in common with the 'dandy' aesthetic of years past, but in 'gay' they are all much more pronounced. It is too broad to be called a movement or project, but some parts of it definitely don't feel quite organic or like something that's always been there.

It seems like it's mainly a subculture of homosexual men who blend elements of the traditionally feminine (beauty, fashion, overt emotionality) with a certain brash machismo. This interplay of extreme masculine and feminine elements is what defines 'gay' moreso than the homosexuality part, which is technically central to the definition but not very illustrative.

The core of 'gayness' seems to be San Francisco based homosexual men who promote an identity based on the masculine-feminine interplay described above. Gays seem to pick the sexy elements of femininity and incorporate them into their mascluline framework, which also includes some overtly masculine elements (the 'bear' thing e.g.), it's definitely not just men who are homosexual and into girly things. Its 'masculine' element mainly seems to consist in a certain loudness and braggodocio, there's a definite culture of muscle and testosterone and such in the gay community. But the use of feminine flair seems really central to Gay, it's much more feminine-oriented and associated with women than 'Dandy' was.

Probably none of this is going to be all that surprising. What's weird is that this subculture is conflated with homosexuality, which it is related to but not identical with.
>>
File: pepelook.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
pepelook.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
>my future self .jpg
>>
This is a thread attempting to slide the military ban threads created by a tranny. Hi tranny. :)
>>
File: 980.png (1MB, 982x1416px) Image search: [Google]
980.png
1MB, 982x1416px
>>8635737
>ban all negative opinions and negative press on homosexuality
what do gay men mean by this?
>>
>>8635748

>delusional unemployed man faced tranny that thinks it's an anime girl

Kill yourself
>>
>>8635753
>hon calls another hon a hon whilst revealing she spends way too much time on this board and knows its memes
>>
>>8635789

>everyone that hates trannies is a hon
Seething man faced tranny
>>
>>8635798
>everyone who lurks this board long enough to know cara is a hon

yep, I'd say it's true

>inb4 I'm not obsessed, I'm just laughing! H-haha!
>>
>>8635805
Cara is cute though
>>
File: 1501097267388.jpg (54KB, 450x374px) Image search: [Google]
1501097267388.jpg
54KB, 450x374px
>>8635718
I get where youre coming from. There are a lot of stories about people whos personalities changed after joining the lgbt community and became the stereotype. They developed a lisp, became more flamboyant, and started dressing in clothes that didnt really seem to match their personality. Personally, i have no clue if these people were "just being themselves" or if they felt that they had to fit in and adopt the lgbt culture.
>>
>>8635718
Don't forget the crushing liberalism, that's my biggest issue with gay culture. I really don't give a fuck if someone's feminine, the problem for me is that when someone says they're gay I'm 95% sure that they're almost certainly going to tow the democratic party line and believe everyone who doesn't is doing so just because they're an asshole/stupid/ect, because of course its already been decided that the democratic party is just full of pure cinnamon buns who just want what's best for all of us and is always right uwu~
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.