[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So when did you first realise you were trans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: 1488342066633s.jpg (6KB, 201x250px) Image search: [Google]
1488342066633s.jpg
6KB, 201x250px
When did you trans people here realise you were trans?
>>
>>8635713
Mid twenties when I learned about agp.
>>
>>8635713
I would never have called it being trans at the time but, when I was about 9-10 I remember really wanting to be a girl and I hoped that I would grow up to be one. That is happening pretty soon and I'm so excited :3
>>
>>8635713
22 or 23? But I could have been diagnosed as a child if my parents had known better. After I came out to my mom she was like, "Yeah, now that you mention it, you were pretty girly as a kid."
>>
>>8635713
first hints when i was 4, actually decided when i was 13 and my body started feminizing, doctor&parents wanted me on testosterone therapy, became a complete bitch until they gave up
>>
12, when I first heard of it on Discovery Channel.
>>
>>8636176
>>8636192
What early hints?
>>
>>8636232
The story my mother tells is that I was always way more interested in my sister's toys than she was.
I can remember when I was three, Madeline was my favorite thing ever, and that before my sister was born I once played with one of my action figures like a baby doll.
I'm not saying my parents could have been sure I was trans but in different circumstances, they could have accepted the possibility and made peace with it, encouraged me to express myself and see what happens.
>>
>>8636295
How did they repress you anon?
>>
File: 1501087689664.png (726KB, 1049x2669px) Image search: [Google]
1501087689664.png
726KB, 1049x2669px
>>8635713
Is this really a gender identity disorder?
>>
>>8636349
Mostly I could just tell my girly behavior weirded my parents out and so I censored myself, felt ashamed of it, and went deep into denial about it.
Like I remember showing my dad my "baby doll" and he didn't say anything negative, I just remember his expression being like, "wtf am I supposed to say? This is not what I signed on for."
By the time I was twelve, and my dad asked me if I thought watching Sailor Moon was making me a sissy, I was both shocked that he saw me as anything but an alpha male and eager to convince him that I didn't care any more about Sailor Moon than I thought a boy should.
It was that kind of dynamic.
I was dumbfounded that everyone in high school and college thought I was gay.
I needed somebody to tell me that the way I really felt was okay.
I'm one of the luckier ones in that my parents didn't punish me, I'm unfortunate in that I was my own worst enemy.
>>
>>8636438
>spoiler that can't be seen
>links that can't be clicked
>quotes that don't have context
/pol/tard sense tingling
>>
>>8636477
I should add, I didn't realize anyone could tell I was more into Barbies than my sister was. And I didn't realize it myself. I just thought I was being nice to her.
>>
>>8636232
i exclusively made friends with girls, honestly hated being around boys until i started wanting to fuck them
>>
>>8635713
Probably like 14 although the signs were there when I was a kid and secretly enjoyed my older sister dressing me up like a girl.
>>
>>8635713
Secretly wished to be a girl since around 12 or 13 during puberty, though I never seriously considered transitioning because the only trannies I had ever seen (and been aware of it, at least) were hons and I thought it consisted of simply cutting off your dick and getting fake tits.
I only really started considering it an option and learning about it when I was around 22 and saw a relatively normal MtF online who was discussing it
[spoilersdon'tworkhere]I'm still stuck in boymode until I'm 100% confident I pass since I don't want to scare anyone away from the idea like the hons did when I was a kid ;_; [/spoiler]
>>
File: 1399134543485.gif (921KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
1399134543485.gif
921KB, 500x256px
I found out with my friend Charlie when we dressed up in his older sister's clothing, we were around the ages of 13/14.

I had complained to her how depressed it was to bloom later than the other girls. she expressed how he felt the same way and together we discovered that we weren't ever going to make it like the other girls. Charlene no longer walks the same path. I visit her sometimes when I can. though I wish she was still alive and well ;w;
>>
i would grow out my hair long since i was in early elementary school, and pictures of me as a small child i'm very obviously trying to look feminine. mostly would play with girls, and whenever we played house i would want to be the mom or the daughter.
still, i didn't really develop a proper concept of gender until around 10 or 11 years old, and as soon as i did i decided that i was a girl who looked like a boy by mistake and needed to fix it
stayed quiet about it with most people except a few friends for the next several years. parents and others noticed something was up, but mostly i got read as a gay guy.
i went to college somewhere far from home where i didn't know anybody, plus the university paid for my health insurance, so i was able to start hormones my first semester

life is good now
>>
>>8635713
18-19 after I lost weight, got rid of acne, yet still hated my body
>>
Age 22, found out I was trans after finding the source of a series of nightmares that lasted for two years.
>>
File: 934805.png (1MB, 908x1202px) Image search: [Google]
934805.png
1MB, 908x1202px
>>8635713
There's a distinct difference between a person who "realized that they were trans" and a legitimate person who knew their gender.
>>
>>8637084
>muh trutrans

Let me guess - when you were born, the doctor said "it's a boy" and you replied in a grown-up voice "don't assume my gender, shitlord"
>>
>>8636741
At age 5. I didn't like the way men and boys acted (trouble making, violent, less kind), and compared to girls, I just felt that girls were much better people. My second grade teacher used a sticker system to publically track everyone's trouble making behavior, and I noticed that girls were consistently near perfect whereas the boys usually did 2-3 bad things per week. I never had a desire to do bad things and felt that the teachers unfairly lumped me in with the boys. I was given opportunities to use my sister's hand-me-downs at school, and even though I didn't know that they were 'female' clothing, I very much liked when teachers called me female pronouns at school.

So I basically just disliked boys and desired to not be associated with them. Had I'd been raised in a different social group, I think it's possible I wouldn't have developed that misandric gender dysphoria. I somewhat sympathise with TERFs in their dislike for men, but I think if they were to be born men they would also transition asap in order to distance themselves from the male demographic. I've never told anyone my true motive because I don't want them to invalidate my transition. In my current social group, AGP is an acceptable reason for transition, but I don't think misandry is.

Did anyone else transition for misandric/misogynistic reasons? I feel like it should be more common than it is because the two genders really are quite different.

I also got dreams where I was one of Madeline's female classmates around age 4, and I quite liked those dreams.

That sticker system isn't what caused me to get gender dysphoria, but it's an example of noticed behavioral differences between males and females growing up.
>>
>>8636832
what happened to her
>>
>>8636741
>>8637108
And sorry, I meant to reply to OP, not to you
>>
>>8635713
Once I found out trans existed.
>>
>>8637084
t. was told he was trans by internet friends in his twenties
>>
>>8637108
So you hung around TREF social groups, and learned about transsexualism at age 5-6? I do have my doubts about that.
>>
>>8637108
The more I've wanted to be a girl the more misogynistic I've become. Women seem stupid, lazy and spoiled to me.
>>
>>8637210
No, no one was a TERF around me. I was the one who noticed those differences between girls and boys. No one else told me how to think.

I learned about trans at 16 when the LGBT acronym appeared on a bus ad.
>>
File: May you never forget me.jpg (60KB, 640x452px) Image search: [Google]
May you never forget me.jpg
60KB, 640x452px
>>8637114
She couldn't accept the reality that she and I were facing and did not want to suffer anymore.
So she decided to let go of everything.
>>
>>8637426
you couldnt have known
>>
>>8637505
I wish my friend was stronger, I would love to have her by my side still.
>>
First hints: 3/4, sister's dressing me up in girls clothes and makeup. Get really into it and insist I'm a girl and my name is Sally for weeks. Though it stopped suddenly and i forgot about the whole thing for years, until they reminded me of it.

First feelings: 9, laying in bed at night, mind starts wondering cause i can't sleep and i start to wonder what it'd be like to be a girl. Get obsessed with the idea and start wishing to be a girl and having fantasies that one day I'll wake up as a girl.

Realization: 14, family finally got internet and i start prowling around online. Eventually come across a thread talking about people transitioning and "ew trannies". Don't really know what it's all about cause always assumed trans was another term for crossdresser or dragqueen. Decide to do research cause bored and curious. Realize that holy shit that's me to a T and "woah, what?! Hrt is a thing and it can do THAT?!?!?!" Start fantasizing about starting hrt and transitioning. Slowly notice people's hatred/disgust for trans people and other queer folk. Go hardcore in denial about being trans and bi.

Finally accepted that i was trans at 18 and started looking into how i could start transitioning and hormones without my family finding out.
>>
- Never had any male friends until around age 11, all my neighbors were female. they insisted to do more girly things, so i never grew up around sports or anything masculine. the most manly thing i would (and still do) is play vidya with my dad as he could never get me to sit and watch football with him. lots of halo.

- Always took a female role in whatever game i could to self-insert lol. learned about trans at age 13ish, despite a lot of childhood hints i still thought i wasn't trans because i still liked girls, so i'm obviously not gay.

- Not sure when it started, just always thought how cool it would be to be female. ironically later i started to hate trans people b/c of bathroom drama in a conservative family.

- a year or so ago i started talking to my GF about how much i wished i was a girl growing up and how much i fantasized about it. 'Anon, could you just be trans?'
I thought about it for a while, and when i couldn't come up with any reasons i wasn't trans, i guess that's when i realized. i got a job to start paying for skittles and i start HRT sometime soon. just trying to figure out optimal doses and what to take as i'm still living with my parents who are not supportive so the DIY approach is my best bet. i'm hoping that transitioning at 18 is going to be early enough, though lol :D
>>
>>8635713
I girl I knew for about a year came out to me as AMAB and all of their explanations were close to everything I've been telling myself since I was 4, guess I just never knew there was a solution, so I guess I repressed memories.

Spent 4 years coming to terms with it, mostly worried about not passing and in turn being lumped in with autistic faggots screaming rape culture at the time.

figured transitioning was better than the the alternative of a 4th suicide attempt, so here I am.
>>
>>8635713
>When I was like 3/4 I used to play runway with my older sisters, I'd use my blanket as a dress and they'd make fun of me for it.
>My uncle found a barbie doll in my room and screamed "Anon wants to be a girl!"
>When I was 7 I started raiding my older sisters' room because they were living with their dad, and all their clothes fit me.
>During Middle school, I had bigger breasts than most of the other girls my age. Would get mocked by all the boys for it. Hid in hoodies and was prepared for the arctic in the summer time.
>Body was like "SYKE" just as I started to read about the transition process when I was like.. 12 to figure out why my body was so femmy.
>Saw news stories of trans people detransitioning for whatever reason.
>Around 14 I came to terms with myself and tried to hide it for the rest of my highschool years.
>After I've been out for a while so many girls I was friends with from old schools have contacted me "So you finally accepted you were supposed to be a girl?"
I feel anger that I could've been better off had I had the gall to speak up more...
>>
Never.
Cisgender best gender.
>>
Being a straight man is the best thing that has ever happened to me!
>>
>>8635713
15, when I noticed my fantasies were about being treated gentle and having a vagina. Being out of touch with normal boys. Never seriously imagining myself in the future and feeling slimy thinking about my gait or what I look like. I heard it was AGP and was not in a mood to look into something I'm ashamed of. Continued to feel like I had no soul. That's a lot of pain for nothing. If only I was a girly child and less intelligent I could have disappointed my parents earlier instead of being interested in moving things and superhereos and the world. I just wanted to be normal. I'm too afraid of intimacy to even consider having sex. I fit in too well here.
>>
>>8635713
When I could first form contiguous thought, around 3~4. Before then I always felt something inside me was wrong but kid memory tore focus.

Around 7 I was watching "Americas Most wanted" and saw a criminal on the run got a sex-change. Immediately my silent misery and suffering turned into a snowballing force.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.