[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gay Marriage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: o-GAY-MARRIAGE-facebook.jpg (361KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-GAY-MARRIAGE-facebook.jpg
361KB, 2000x1000px
Can someone please explain to me why so many people are triggered by the idea of gay marriage? I personally see it the same way I view straight marriages, which is indifference. I mean it produces more shekels for the jews to munch on, so I don't see how it's a money problem. People point out it's because of promiscuity even though this seems to be a problem apparent in mostly gay men rather than lesbians (due to men being more likely to cheat than women). People say it isn't the ideal environment to raise kids in, but adopted kids would probably pay an arm and a leg just to have any kind of family. So what's the big deal? Is it a religious thing? If so can't gay people technically get 'married' without the permission of god? Can't you have a marriage without the religion? Can someone just tell me what the fuss is about?
>>
I'm not triggered necessarily but I don't believe in it. Marriage is a man and woman being bound together. Sorry.
>>
>>8633782
The point is to spit in the face of the religious right.
>>
Curious bump
>>
>>8633782
I wonder who the bottom is in their relationship
>>
>>8633782
>Can someone please explain to me why so many people are triggered by the idea of gay marriage?
Most people are idiots and do not even understand what the debate is about. They tend to think it is about religious marriage ceremonies when in fact those were already legal for gay couples, under freedom of religion. The gay marriage debate is about marriage contracts, which has nothing to do with religion at all, but unfortunately people are too stupid to understand that.
>>
>>8633793
Not anymore it's not. Sorry.
>>
>>8634199

Um yeah it is?? Like.....you can call an air conditioner a marriage but it doesn't make it a marriage. Marriage isn't something you can magically redefine.

S o r r y
>>
>>8634230
An air conditioner is a physical object, it isn't a concept like marriage is. Because marriage is a legal, government-sanctioned process, you actually can redefine it based on what the government decides. It was(past tense) only between a man and a woman, and now it's not.
>>
>>8634243

>An air conditioner is a physical object, it isn't a concept like marriage is.

Marriage is a specific type of union of a man and woman. Calling anything else a "marriage" is just the same as calling an air conditioner a "marriage".

>. Because marriage is a legal, government-sanctioned process,
Governments RECOGNIZE marriages, but the origin of marriage is between the consenting man and wife. Some marriages are legal and some might be illegal. Some marriages might be recognized and some are not recognized. Its possible even for a government to call something "a marriage" when it absolutely is not.

>you actually can redefine it based on what the government decides.
Sorry but no. Even if all governments collapsed tomorrow, marriage would still be marriage. You are thinking of a civil union.
>>
>>8634263
>marriage is a specific type of union between a man and a woman
Except that it's not anymore. You are thinking of straight marriage, specifically. Marriage is the process, and it's gay or straight depending on the parties involved. Most people will understand that when you just say "marriage" you're probably referring to a man and a woman, but it is no longer exclusively that.

>the origin of marriage
in the past, yes.

>you are thinking of a civil union
You are thinking that marriage is still something that it's not.
>>
>>8634271

>Except that it's not anymore
Except it is? The government isn't magical jsyk. They can't make a non-marriage a marriage on a say so. Hate to say.

> Marriage is the process,
You are thinking of a wedding. Marriage is lifelong, until death.
>>
>>8634273
>they can't make a non-marriage into a marriage on a say-so
If they define it as marriage then by the government's authority it's a marriage. If your church doesn't define it as marriage then by your church's(non-existent) authority it's not a marriage to you and your tiny congregation. I get the legal benefits of marriage, I am legally married according to every system of law on the books, it's just a few people such as yourself that are triggered that it's not what it used to be. If you look at the divorce rate you'd see that it's not been what it used to be for a very long time.

>marriage is lifelong, until death
Also incorrect. You can make your vows but that doesn't make people any less imperfect.
>>
Because people are retarded. We don't want marriage because we care about the sacred christian tradition, we want it to get legally recognized and get rights that should be granted to spouses. Call it a civil union or faggy maggy I don't give a shit if the benefits are there.
>>
>>8634289
>If they define it as marriage then by the government's authority it's a marriage.
The government does not have the authority to define marriage.

> If your church doesn't define it as marriage then by your church's(non-existent) authority it's not a marriage to you and your tiny congregation
lol my church is bigger than the USA and probably your entire country and has outlasted every earthly government yet so far. But uh whatever.

>I get the legal benefits of marriage,
Marriage does not mean "legal benefits". Marriage exists with or without benefits. Kind of sad that all you know of marriage is just 'legal benefits'. Woops.

> it's just a few people such as yourself that are triggered that it's not what it used to be.
I'm not "triggered". Triggers are for people with ptsd. I just don't believe in gay marriage.

>Also incorrect. You can make your vows but that doesn't make people any less imperfect.
People are imperfect yes. And any marriage is also imperfect. That said, marriage is still til death. Oh wait I forgot, since to you marriage means "legal benefits" then I guess marriage magically evaporates once the benefits are gone. And you want me to call that a marriage? More like a "benefitage".
>>
>>8633782
It's a legal thing that doesn't belong to any specific religion but idiots think it's a god thing or that it's any of their business so they nearly have an anger stroke
>>
>>8634298
You're obviously catholic/orthodox, but whatever you say it doesn't change the fact that marriage can be entirely devoid of religious content depending on the wishes of its participants. This is called living in a secular state.
I can somewhat sympathize with your romantic notions of universal christendom but it's over, sorry.
>>
>government does not have the authority
It does, actually, as far as any one institution can, because there is the power to enforce laws with the government. You can say you "don't believe in it" all day but that doesn't really matter for much.

>marriage doesn't mean legal benefits
those are part of it in this country
>kind of sad that's all you now
that has been one focus of this conversation

>marriage is until death
According to who? Yourself specifically or an authority that you can provide?
>>
>>8634314
Meant to reply to >>8634298 obviously
>>
File: 1437340633546.jpg (21KB, 257x279px) Image search: [Google]
1437340633546.jpg
21KB, 257x279px
>>8634230
>>8634263

>Marriage isn't something you can magically redefine.
>We can't redefine this entirely human made concept
>Marriage was originally a way for a man to own a woman
>Divorce was illegal
>In some society men can marry multiple women
>>
>>8634298
>lol my church is bigger than the USA and probably your entire country and has outlasted every earthly government yet so far. But uh whatever.
Oh, a catholic. I suggest you read what the bible says about marriage.

How do you feel about onanism?
>>
>"Marriage isn't something you can redefine"
>muh christianity
>muh religion that hijacked ideas from everyone else and bastardized literally all of them

kek nice bait
>>
>>8634314

>there is the power to enforce laws with the government.
Marriage exists with or without law enforcement. Law enforcement can disappear tomorrow, marriage would still be there. You could be stranded on a deserted island, and still be married.

>You can say you "don't believe in it" all day but that doesn't really matter for much.
If it doesn't matter for much, why is OP complaining? Why are you complaining and trying to point to law enforcement?

>those are part of it in this country
Those are part of what happens when the government recognizes a marriage, yes. They cannot be conflated with marriage, no. Like the government recognizes a birth and gives you a birth certificate and certain rights related to being born. But the government cannot magic a new definition of birth. And birth exists outside of that piece of paper so even if you are born alone in the wilderness and never was acknowledged by the government, the birth would still be real. (Realer than if the government started handing out birth certificates to hairdryers).

>According to who? Yourself specifically or an authority that you can provide?
According to the definition of marriage. I'd point to the authority of the church but apparently it doesn't count if she isn't throwing police officers at you.

Marriage
-Between a consenting man and woman
-Basis of family and society
-Lasts until death
-Exists independently of any government authority; would outlast the collapse of every government on earth

Benefitiage
-Between anyone as long as the government is okay with it
-Basis of getting benefits
-Lasts until you don't want benefits anymore
-Disappears as soon as the government does (no more benefits).

And why should anyone conflate the two? Why complain that I am "triggered" if I don't?
>>
>>8634340
>>8634340
>I'd point to the authority of the church but apparently it doesn't count if she isn't throwing police officers at you.
>My shitass religion is the only religion that matters
>>
>>8634340
>why are you complaining?
It's amusing to watch people such as yourself squirm about the definition of marriage as if their opinion matters.

>I'd point to the church definition but you don't care about that for some reason
I could point to merriam-webster's dictionary to say you're wrong but you didn't grow up raised to worship that book so you'll tune that out.
Nobody outside of your church cares about your church definition.
>not throwing police officers at you
They would if they could.

>government cannot magic a new definition of birth
>again conflating cultural concepts with physical phenomena
Marriage is a man-made tradition, tradition changes. You can resist it if you like but you are the one who is misunderstanding what marriage is.
>>
wtf I thought Catholics believed marriage was between a priest and an altar boy
>>
>>8634328
>Oh, a catholic.
Yes.

>I suggest you read what the bible says about marriage.
I have, I suggest you read the CCC.

>How do you feel about onanism?
Its not a commonly used term. Masturbation? Against it. Pull out method? Against it. I'm not perfect or even close to it, I am bislut and if I squeak into purgatory I will count myself very blessed. But there you go.

>>8634347
Well duh.

>>8634360
>It's amusing to watch people such as yourself squirm about the definition of marriage as if their opinion matters.
You're right, """opinion""" does not matter. Marriage is marriage and will stay marriage even after I die. Benefitiages will never be marriages even if my opinion changes (doubtful). Marriage is bigger than me or you or any temporal government institution.

>Nobody outside of your church cares about your church definition.
Apparently you do or you wouldn't be complaining. Genuine apathy doesn't make threads or seek validation for benefitiage.

>You can resist it if you like but you are the one who is misunderstanding what marriage is.
You're the one resisting. You know very well a benefitiage can never be a marriage. The proud "tradition" of "getting benefits" doesn't erase real marriage no matter what you call it, anymore than calling air conditioners "marriage" will make real marriage disappear.

Heading to bed tho. S o r r y.
>>
File: 1487450648329.jpg (47KB, 536x536px) Image search: [Google]
1487450648329.jpg
47KB, 536x536px
>>8634384
>Its not a commonly used term. Masturbation? Against it. Pull out method? Against it.
>>
>>8633782
Maybe because gays are the only ones who can sleep around like it's nothing with the use of apps such as Grindr (women gets called whores for doing the same thing, straight men don't have as an easy time getting laid as gays). Throwing that privilege in the dumpster with a marriage seems like a waste to me, from a gay's perspective.

From breeders perspective I dunno, probably because religion and heresy.
>>
>>8634384
>Marriage is marriage and will stay marriage even after I die.

Except there are like a bazillion of versions of marriage, one of for each religion.

*your* definition is barely 2000 years old, people got married *before* the catholic church.

Even among catholic church, it's not the same since women have become equal to men!

> Husband is the loving head of relationship and wife is subordinate
>>
>>8634384
>catholic
>thinking his definition of marriage is the authoritative one somehow
There are religions older than yours with dogma regarding relationships, and yet you think that yours specifically is the number one best because you were raised to think so.

>marriage is bigger than any institution
as a concept yes, bigger even than your church in particular

>you care
You are an oddity my friend, doubly so for being an LGBT catholic. I guess we can't all choose the baggage we start with, only how much we still choose to carry in adulthood.
>>
>>8634398
>(women gets called whores for doing the same thing, straight men don't have as an easy time getting laid as gays).
That's what happens when you have the same engine. Blame women for holding vagina like they are made of gold.
>>
>>8634399
Hey now, you can't just magically redefine marriage unless it's his religion specifically. It's not just some """concept""" it has a real definition that's never gonna change(unless we want it to) it's totally sacred just like all of the positions of the catholic church(until we want to change those too)
>>
>>8633782
My only gripe with it is that it got tainted when it stopped being about equal rights and started being just another opportunistic attempt at moral ego flaunting.
>>
>>8633782
Some people are "traditional", which means that they believe that the way things were back in the good ol' days is the best, blissfully ignorant of the fact that the ways of the good ol' days were very modern bastardisations of previous cultures and ways, which were in-and-of-themselves bastardisations of previous cultures and ways, and so on and so forth.
>>
It's different and people don't like things that are different.

That's typically the answer to most shit like this.

Humans like living in the same house working in the same job after school for 50 years then dying. The average person is very simple and enjoys routine and tradition.
>>
>>8633782
I hate it because I hate suits
>>
>>8634662
>what is lesbian marriage

Oh wait they'll just wear suits there too, never mind.
>>
>>8633782

Not triggered, but they are a joke.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.