[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how blancharism can explain this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 7

how blancharism can explain this?
>>
>>8629627
They were always gay men. They have autism. Autism runs high, if not predominant, in homosexual transsexuals.
>>
>>8629632
So autism is common among HSTS?
I never can figure out whether I'm AGP or HSTS.
>>
>>8629654
I feel like it is common to both but I think increased autism has been more associated with HSTS in research.
>>
>>8629654
to be honest here, the only autism I see on this board is from people who call others AGP or HSTS and make threads like OP.

Also there's the autism that comes visit from other boards from time to time by calling us degenerates something something ruinning le white race something.
>>
>>8629657
>I feel like it is common to both
Yeah, I thought of AGP as the stereotypically autistic "type," but I can also see why HSTS traits would be associated with autism.

>>8629661
Don't worry, I'm not one of those anons that just worries that they might be autistic, I've been diagnosed by a doctor.
Blanchardians can be pretty silly but I can empathize with their desire to understand why trans people can be so different.
>>
>>8629654
I've been told I'm both at one time or another.
>>
>>8629823
I feel like I would be, too. I'm afraid to ask because I'm worried everyone would assign me to whichever type they think less of, and that would bring me down.
The line between AGP and HSTS isn't always as clear cut as everyone believes.
To say nothing of which one is TruTrans, that seems to be completely up for grabs.
>>
>>8629823
Would you rather seduce a straight guy or a lesbian? The consistent, and important, thread here is autism. People with theory of mind cannot simply believe themselves to be the opposite gender because they are effeminate or butch naturally compared to most of their gender peers.
>>
>>8629835
I feel like there's no reason to believe gays who believe they are women don't get off on crossdressing, but more so on the idea of being seen as women.
>>
>>8629627
this is fucking stupid. if you go from gay men back to females your fucking straight not gay.
>>
>>8629985
The ultimate autistic goal of the transgender woman is to avoid the stigma of self-identifying as a gay male. To be seen as a lesbian is an upgrade even if they are still biologically speaking two gay males in a sexual relationship.
>>
>>8629985

It might be stupid but not impossible.

It has been reported that female homosexuality is more malleable than male homosexuality.

So once the brain is feminized through HRT, it is possible to change sexual orientation.
>>
>>8630015
But this is two biological gay males, becoming transgender women and therefore dating each other is "lesbian". At no point did their orientation shift. They are still homosexual with regard to biological sex and that is an important point that Blanchard makes.
>>
>>8630026
>two biological gay males

In that case you are right.

But if you go along the theory of female brain in male body and the fact that women are inherently bisexual, it would be possible.
>>
>>8630048
I don't think there is inherent proof that neurological variability is so limited that there are males with brains more typified by female traits. I don't think a connection has been made between a particular part of the brain being female in size and also function.

I think this is more about men who are more comfortable, sexually or not, with people thinking of them as women.

Neurological intersexuality is an after the fact explanation. You can be very feminine for a male and still be clearly male.

I do buy that women are more inherently bisexual than men, but I haven't seen a great source in support of that (maybe it exists, I'm open to it).
>>
>>8630075
Here's a question you need to answer if you want to dismiss the whole neurointersexuality angle: why are trans people like this? Note that the majority of trans people are attracted to their natal sex and don't have a pre-transition history of being gender non-conforming.

There is a great deal of variability when it comes to certain aspects of brain sex, that is true. The differences come into view when looked at in the aggregate. That is, an individual man or woman might be atypical in some aspects or in others but if women and men are looked at as groups there is a very clear correlation between sex and brain sex. The centers of the bell curves for each trait are fairly far apart for each sex. The trans bell curve is centered at a point between the two.
Then again there are some traits that are not known to vary much within a given sex but do differ between the sexes.

Since trans people so consistently fall into a different distribution than normative men and women and some of these traits are largely set by natal development I think it makes sense to think people are born trans and, to the degree that people can be male-brained or female-brained at all, trans people occupy an intermediate position.
>>
>>8630171
They lack theory of mind and that affects how they position themselves among people. All gay (male) people have some degree of feminization and body dysmorphia but theirs is extreme and coupled to autism that allows them to feel they are women when they don't understand people having difficulty reacting to them behaving like women as males.

Neurological studies are rarely replicated, and even less are structural differences correlated with functional differences. I would say men and women if they have 2 meters of distance in an imaginary frame the most feminine trans maybe completes .5 meters of that towards the opposite sex and hormones and surgery do not stretch that to completeness ever. Just at a certain point, it appears the dysmorphia grows so strong that reality becomes less important and it seems the sense of purpose of the journey of transgender identity is important to them as well. In an otherwise meaningless world it is a logical endpoint to them.

I just think trans are mostly at the extreme end of the spectrum of gay but mostly fall into it (just HSTS). I feel like AGP has a different biological mechanism as well.
>>
>>8630075
>I don't think a connection has been made between a particular part of the brain being female in size and also function.

It has been proven that hormones affect how the brain wires. So it could be possible to feminize a male brain through hormones.
>>
>>8630205
Not to the extent of making it fully female.

I don't think hormones are that simple that even at puberty if you gave a child estrogen it would be anything more than a pseudo-female.
>>
>>8630171
>>8630187
I have made an enormous error in that post. I meant to write that the majority of people are attracted to their NON-NATAL sex. Sorry.

>They lack theory of mind and that affects how they position themselves among people. All gay (male) people have some degree of feminization and body dysmorphia but theirs is extreme and coupled to autism that allows them to feel they are women when they don't understand people having difficulty reacting to them behaving like women as males.
Transsexuals have autism at a higher rate but the idea that they're all autistic is without basis. There is no reason to think they'd lack ToM.

>Neurological studies are rarely replicated, and even less are structural differences correlated with functional differences.
Neurology and psychology are fairly different in that regard. Neurological experiments don't have nearly as much as a severe replication crisis as psychology. It is true, however, that we don't know what the differences actually mean. That they are there for trans people ought rise a red flag.

> I would say men and women if they have 2 meters of distance in an imaginary frame the most feminine trans maybe completes .5 meters of that towards the opposite sex
It's more like .9, and that's while they're on their natal hormones. Post-hormones they get fairly close!

>Just at a certain point, it appears the dysmorphia grows so strong that reality becomes less important and it seems the sense of purpose of the journey of transgender identity is important to them as well. In an otherwise meaningless world it is a logical endpoint to them.
Gender Dysphoria is NOT Dysmorphia. Dysmorphic individuals do not positively respond to changing their bodies. Gender Dysphorics do. Dysmorphics do not exhibit these intersex brain patterns.

>I just think trans are mostly at the extreme end of the spectrum of gay
Well, since gays are feminized, going super gay would essentially mean starting crossing the divide toward womanhood.
>>
>>8630187
> I feel like AGP has a different biological mechanism as well.
Both gay and straight trans people exhibit the intersex patterns in pretty much the same way. The HSTS/AGP divide just doesn't work.
>>
>>8630235
I see gender "dysphoria" as an extension of body dysmorphia for extremely feminine gay males. They don't like how they look and different is better, no matter if it is good. I don't think any man is better represented as woman and to have to refer to men as women is counterproductive. If you want to wear dresses, I don't care, but I am not calling you a woman if you are a man unless you have proof that you are intersex.
>>
>>8630236
I don't believe that transgender individuals are any more intersex than homosexuals. They are just more feminine, more autistic, and more prone to OCD and body dysmorphia that makes them get addicted to plastic surgery and think it will make people think better of them.
>>
>>8630240
>I see gender "dysphoria" as an extension of body dysmorphia for extremely feminine gay males
First thing first, the majority of transwomen are gynephiles, not androphiles.
Secondly, that doesn't make sense given that the two do not function in the same fashion as I outlined in that post.

>I don't think any man is better represented as woman and to have to refer to men as women is counterproductive
Okay, but we do have proof of intersexuality.
The problem is the limits of our language. The truth of the matter is that transsexuals are neither truly male or female. They're in-between, but the world insists on peddling a binary narrative.

>I don't believe that transgender individuals are any more intersex than homosexuals
There's direct proof to the contrary. Transsexuals are like the other sex in ways homosexuals aren't.

>They are just more feminine, more autistic, and more prone to OCD and body dysmorphia that makes them get addicted to plastic surgery and think it will make people think better of them.
Only a minority of transsexuals are autistic or OCD. Gender Dysphoria is factually different from Dysmorphia.
>>
>>8630252
The majority of trans are AGPs yes, but those who are not are homosexuals.

Also would love to see the official numbers on the matters.

You do not have proof that trans are intersex. They are genetically male. They are gay males who lack the theory of mind to relate to their male selves and other males around them so they fantasize about female shoes. None of them (trans to female) pass in terms of their voice. I have never heard a trans person who I couldn't distinguish from a biological female and/or notice from their hips, hands and other features. It is an elaborate farce, and many who claim they are "passing" are being nice.

Trans are much closer to homosexuals, the ones that are not AGP, that is, than to women. They just would rather be women more than homosexuals.

I would say a majority of HSTS have increased autistic characteristics, perhaps sub-clinically compared to homosexual males, just as homosexual males are increased in that regard over heterosexual males.

The ritualism of trans people is not something easily dismissed. To me it seems marked by the anxiety of body dysmorphia, and relieved by surgeries, hormones, and beauty rituals. It always comes back though and there is no intent to treat the root cause. There is never a desire to simply extinguish the dysmorphia, only to feed it. That I think it where the lessened theory of mind comes in. They cannot understand that their peers view them as male, even if they feel they come off as female.
>>
reverse pseudobisexuality
>>
>>8630286
Two biological males in a sexual relationship is homosexuality. I don't care what the gender critical community thinks about that, they are trying to obfuscate reality.
>>
>>8629838
>Would you rather seduce a straight guy or a lesbian?
Straight guy of course. Seducing a lesbian - yuck.
I'm introverted and socially anxious but not autistic.
>>
>>8630305
Basically to me trans falls into two fantasies. Seducing a straight guy (HSTS) and seducing a lesbian (AGP).

I'm only attracted to men who are gay. I would feel weird being sexual or dating someone who saw themselves as straight but was ok with sex with another biological male.
>>
>>8630270
>You do not have proof that trans are intersex.
Yes I do.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4699258/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality#Genetics
http://www.hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/2005to2009/2006-atypical-gender-development.html
http://www.hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/2015to2019/2016-transsexualism.html

>They are gay males who lack the theory of mind to relate to their male selves and other males around them so they fantasize about female shoes. None of them (trans to female) pass in terms of their voice. I have never heard a trans person who I couldn't distinguish from a biological female and/or notice from their hips, hands and other features. It is an elaborate farce, and many who claim they are "passing" are being nice.
Oh, so you're just a troll. Okay.

>I would say a majority of HSTS have increased autistic characteristics, perhaps sub-clinically compared to homosexual males, just as homosexual males are increased in that regard over heterosexual males.
Prove it.
>>
>>8630401
blanchardism is nothing more than an excuse for /pol/ kiddies to circlejerk
>>
>>8630401
That is not proof that there is a specific overlap in the functionality of trans (biological male) brains and biological female brains.

You are just throwing links at me. What specifically is the most compelling evidence to you?
>>
>>8630408
Now now, some TERFs join in on the fun now and then haha. I'm sorry if me arguing with them is annoying but I feel that it is better to do so from time to time than to let them go unchallenged and risk newbies falling for their lies.
>>
>>8630421
TERFs are women /pol/tards.

>>8630418
>>I would say a majority of HSTS have increased autistic characteristics, perhaps sub-clinically compared to homosexual males, just as homosexual males are increased in that regard over heterosexual males.

Still no citation!
>>
File: ActivatedAlmonds.png (56KB, 209x248px) Image search: [Google]
ActivatedAlmonds.png
56KB, 209x248px
>>8630421
Wait so men dressed as women BEING women is not considered a lie but saying that they do it to seduce straight men because they have autism and don't care about social repercussions IS?

Interesting.
>>
>>8630425
Its just a theory. We have evidence that trans have an extremely high rate of autism (8%) but I have no t conducted research beyond that of I believe Cohen is the name of the guy who researched autism in trans individuals.
>>
>>8630426
>literally "Everyone I don't like has autism"
>a serious statement

loooool keep telling yourself you're CHANGING LEEE WORRLDDD
>>
>>8630433
So you think that most people really this is a woman?

https://youtu.be/iIk-Ngx4JU8
>>
>>8630431
>It's just a theory

Nope, a scientific theory is backed with the weight of consensus. You are just shitposting.

>We have evidence that trans have an extremely high rate of autism (8%)

Post the link or leave the thread.
>>
>>8630418
>That is not proof that there is a specific overlap in the functionality of trans (biological male) brains and biological female brains.
To the degree that male and female brains differ differing functionality would have to be encoded in their dimorphic features, which do "overlap" in that fashion.

>You are just throwing links at me. What specifically is the most compelling evidence to you?
It's not my fault there's a lot of it. Educate yourself or don't.
>>
>>8630436
didn't click lol, stay mad /pol/
>>
>>8630431
8% might be higher than normal but is way too low to support a claim that autism causes trans.
>>
>>8630443
>rah rah rah prove my bullshit for me!

Then I won't argue with you. Learn to debate or stop trying to debate.
>>
>>8630438
Link triggered spam filter:

https://pastebin.com/ssVmGezP

http://archive.is/mhb2X
>>
>>8630449
>takes a study that focuses on transmen
>doesn't read it
>uses it to make arguments centering around transwomen
>wonders why paywalls exist now

brainlets will never learn! LOL STAY CLASSY
>>
>>8630431
>Trans people are trans because they're autistic
>Only 8% of transsexuals are autistic
lmao
>>
>>8630460
hildren and adolescents (115 boys and 89 girls, mean age 10.8, SD = 3.58) referred to a gender identity clinic received a standardized assessment during which a GID diagnosis was made and ASD suspected cases were identified.
>>
>>8630462
That's many times over rate of gen pop. My point is there are likely many more with sub-clinical levels of sociopathy and narcissism, still elevated beyond the general public. Trans represent the most pathological sides of homosexuals, concentrated.
>>
>>8630463
>literally refuses to read his own studies, instead goes for the regurgitated op-ed editorial around the studies instead

LOL stay classy brainlet, continue wallowing in lack of knowledge and self-induced ignorance.
>>
>>8630465
>My point is there are likely many more with sub-clinical levels of sociopathy and narcissism

springboarding bullshit off of bullshit
>>
>>8630270

>The majority of trans are AGPs yes, but those who are not are homosexuals.

There are reported cases of homosexual AGPs and bisexual NON-AGPs

Outlyers, they do exist
>>
>>8630448
I've shown you wrong to our audience, which was my goal. I hope you enjoy knowing that your actions have probably contributed to a few more people transitioning.
>>
>>8630473
I don't doubt some gay guys get off on dressing as women/being seen as women but they are primarily in it with the fantasy of being treated as a female and getting to seduce heterosexual men.
>>
File: lol.png (4MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
4MB, 2048x1152px
>>8630476
>I'm changing the world!

No you're not.
>>
>>8630465
If they were autistic enough to lack a theory of mind their autism wouldn't be sub-clinical.. your premise rests on transsexuals being autistic yet you yourself have quoted a study that says only a minority of them are.
>>
>>8630483
The incidence of 7.8% ASD in gender identity clinic referred children and adolescents is ten times higher than the prevalence of 0.6–1% of ASD in the general population (Baird et al. 2006; Fombonne 2005). This important finding confirms the clinical impression that ASD occurs more frequently in gender dysphoric individuals than expected by chance.

>>8630483
Lessened enough for them not to care how they are perceived by peers as male or to care that they are seen as trying to seduce straight males.
>>
>>8630485
>correlation = causation

Nope. Nice try though.
>>
>>8630478
The world? No. Just some lives. Quite a few people already told me they'll transition at the end of conversations we had here. /pol/ard shitposting aims to achieve the opposite but usually helps people like me debunk you folks instead.
>>
>>8630483
Interesting this:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S030645301100059X

Increased male sex hormones naturally in adults with autism.
>>
File: 1495760624875.jpg (73KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1495760624875.jpg
73KB, 640x800px
>>8630489
>HONEST! I'M CHANGING THE WORLD THROUGH SHITPOSTING YOU ---HAVE--- TO BEWEIVE ME!!!

it's just cringe by this point and you'll probably just start NO Uing because you're a narcissist like the rest
>>
>>8630490
So FTMs are more like men than women? Neat.
>>
>>8630490
>I'm a scientist! HONEST!

You really aren't and your arguments aren't very convincing either.
>>
>>8630498
No this finding applied to biological men as well as women.
>>
>>8630447
>8% might be higher than normal but is way too low to support a claim that autism causes trans.

The real question is not how many transgenders have autism, but instead how many autists are transgender.

May be people with autism forms a subset of transgender people, like AGP or HSTS.
>>
>>8630499
I never said I was. Just that that is an interesting finding.
>>
>>8630497
Who's the one posting image macros and refusing to read studies? :)
>>
>>8630500
>doesn't read his own studies
>gets rekt whenever reminded of the fact he doesn't read his studies but still tries to draw conclusion from them

It's pretty embarrassing for you
>>
File: 1494539629401.jpg (250KB, 1205x1596px) Image search: [Google]
1494539629401.jpg
250KB, 1205x1596px
>>8630505
You.
>>
>>8630507
But the study on male hormones and autism didn't just have biological women in it so you can't say it is proof for FTMs (which don't exist btw).
>>
>>8630514
>continues to refuse to read his own studies in detail
>wonders why he's tripping up

lol sci hub's right there brainlet, and you are only hindering yourself
>>
>>8630534
Ok so what are you claiming the study says differently?
>>
>>8630535
not your personal transcription service

>>>/scihub/
>>
>>8630541
You can't even summarize in a sentence how you feel the findings of the study are different than what I have stated?
>>
>>8630544
not my job to read your own source for you
>>
>>8630547
It is your job to explain your argument. Not just to be vague on purpose.
>>
>>8630471

I've noticed this, too, but they're just casual observations amongst my peers.
>>
>>8630552
continue to refuse to read stormfag
>>
>>8630559
Anything "spectrum" or "subclinical" when it comes to psychopathy or narcissism is instantly disregarded. You either have it or you don't, you don't get to be "subclinically" an asshole. A pseudo-asshole.

I know liberal self help writers are forcing this spectrum meme for everything, but that doesn't mean you have to eat it.
>>
File: what2.jpg (92KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
what2.jpg
92KB, 960x640px
>>8630561
>resorts to ad hom rather than explaining own argument
>>
>>8630572
that's not what ad hominem is either, I guess Wikipedia is also too much of a reading exercise for you
>>
>>8630567

>"subclinically" an asshole. A pseudo-asshole.

Laughed hard.

Yes' I've known assholes that are not sociopaths lol.

Anyways, many trannies are assholes, specially against other trannies, I've noticed that
>>
>>8630567
You can definitely have traits associated with it without qualifying for a clinical score. DSM is arbitrary like you must have 5 or more signs of x. You could have 3-4 and be under the threshold but score higher than the sane on personality dimensions.
>>
>>8630576
Most people are assholes. Most people are not narcissists or psychopaths.
>>
>>8629627
> too feminine for gay men / straight women
> too masculine for straight men
meh, guess I can see why
>>
>>8630577
>DSM is arbitrary like you must have 5 or more signs of x

The DSM is actually quite clear on how personality disorders are diagnosed, and from what your response is, you don't know the first thing about that process.
>>
>>8630580
Do you think there is a logical limit to the self-hating delusions of some gay men or it just extends forever like a black hole lost from view? Sometimes a gay guy is just a gay guy.
>>
>>8630581
Yeah but they use a checklist and you typically have to have at least a certain number of features to qualify for a diagnosis. Again, you aren't even saying specifically why I am wrong or that that isn't true you are just upset that I would dare make that point.
>>
>>8630586
>More trans people are autistic therefore autism causes transsexuality
Not that poster but that's hardly a point..
>>
>>8630586
>Yeah but they use a checklist and you typically have to have at least a certain number of features to qualify for a diagnosis

Wrong and wrong. Try reading *GASP* the DSM-V before commenting next.
>>
>>8630589
Autists lack theory of mind so hard they can't realize nobody is buying their shitty non arguments and sources they won't even read themselves.
>>
>>8630590
Can you explain how specifically that is wrong?
>>
>>8630599
Nope, I'm not going to be your substitute reader no matter how hard you whine. Either read this shit yourself or stop arguing.

You made the claim, you read the source.
>>
>>8630590
Seems to me criteria still must be met numerically as a part of many diagnoses:

This approach is of course good for the clinician but not for the researcher, and it flies in the face of the DSM dogma that the interests of the two groups are the same. In fact, they are not. The clinician is interested in helping Ms Smith; the researcher is interested in studying bipolar disorder. These interests of course overlap, but they hardly coincide. Debates, for example, over the criteria for a major depressive episode—whether the requirement of only 2 weeks of symptoms and only 5 of 9 of the criteria casts too wide a net and leads to over-diagnosis—is certainly of scientific importance; but it plays little role in day-to-day clinical practice.

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/dsm-5-0/how-use-dsm
>>
>>8630604
There's nothing to read. The DSM uses numerical criteria as in you must meet x out of y number of things wrong to fit certain diagnoses, and the other study found that a group of men and women, per the abstract, which is not somehow overruled by the full text, have increased male hormones as well as autism. Therefore that is not directly evidentiary that "female to male" transgender have an excess of male hormones.
>>
>>8630607
>>8630612
>refuses to read the DSM instead
>instead regurgitates some asshole's op-ed

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL i'm gonna quit taking you seriously now, enjoy gaining all your info from the world from blogspots
>>
The real problem is all of the autism in this thread
Offboarders pls go
>>
>>8630621
You mean /lgbt/'s crippling inability to understand what a valuable source is and how to read it? Confirmation bias isn't a convincing argument no matter how hard you "meme magick" force your opinion.
>>
>>8630630
You're the one who ignored the studies I linked then started arguing with some Anon about autism instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>8630653
I asked you to describe which parts explain your theory in the most detail. You can't just throw walls of text at people. Explain the most salient portions and how they relate to your thesis. You should be able to put arguments into your own words.
>>
File: IMG_0578.jpg (45KB, 236x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0578.jpg
45KB, 236x310px
What is a blancharism?
>>
>>8630660
Okay, is your purpose to play debate or to learn? Because if it is to learn then reading professional sources instead of some amateur trying to reword them seems like a better bet.
>>
>>8630705
Can you explain your counter-arguments succinctly or just tell me I am wrong?
>>
>>8630706
Succinctly? Only extremely, extremely so as I've done in the initial posts speaking of intersexuality. To go further you need to dive deep.
>>
>>8630730
Explain in a paragraph.
>>
>>8630743
I don't see the point since you'll still need to read the links for evidence confirming this but alright.

Some regions of the brain are sexually dimorphic. Certain regions aren't strictly different between men and women but rather certain forms strongly correlate with a person's sex. There is a significant distance between the centers of the bell curve distributions relating to the form of a particular dimorphic region for a given sex. Thus, while there is overlap between men and women, in the aggregate there is a very strong correlation between sex and brain sex. Then there are some regions that ARE strictly dimorphic, always differing between normative men and normative women. The developmental path of some neural dimorphic features is thought to be set during late natal development. To the extent that men and women are neurally different in a way that is not learned or hormonally upkept these differences must be reflected in the dimorphic structures. There is a great body of evidence showing that transsexuals show male-female intermediate patterns in many dimorphic regions. The center of their bell curves is between those of men and women when applicable and the differences are also apparent in some strictly dimorphic regions. Some sorts of animals who are exposed to the wrong set of hormones during late natal sex differentiation behave like animals of the other sex e.g. female rats try to mount other rats. Given that transsexuals are neurally intersexed from birth and the preceding example in animals it is reasonable to believe this to be the basis of transsexuality.
>>
>>8630813
Which regions are dimorphic and how does that influence their function?

>Given that transsexuals are neurally intersexed from birth

not true
>>
>>8630819
>not true
Okay, this is the part where you read the mountain of evidence. No way around it.
>>
>>8630826
Ok which regions are dimorphic and how does that influence their FUNCTION? Not just structure.
>>
>>8630837
>Ok which regions are dimorphic
You're asking for a complete list of sexually dimorphic regions and an explanation of their function..

>how does that influence their FUNCTION? Not just structure.
If men and women are actually neurally different from one another these differences must necessarily be encoded in the physical form of the brain. If the structures being different does not impact function then it follows that men and women are in fact the same neurally (which is, of course, not true) and we move from "transsexuals are neurally intersexed" to "transsexuals are neurally the same as women because structure doesn't mean shit".

I'm sorry but you're going to have to actually do some reading.
>>
>>8630865
Perhaps just the one or two you feel most demonstrate a complete link between structural and functional dimorphism.
>>
>>8630865
You. Are. A. Man. Physically and mentally until you can prove otherwise.
>>
>>8630876
ok, and your point is?
>>
>>8630883
You are a gay male trying to rationalize being a female when no such evidence exists. If it were somehow as clear-cut then men can actually mentally be women, such theories would have wider acceptance and be written up in the media as such. That would be a huge change in our understanding that some gay guys are actually mentally women and therefore merit the sexual attentions of heterosexual straight men. Short of that, you are engaging in deceit.
>>
>>8630872
Try the first link I posted, going into white matter tracts. IIRC the last link ends with a list of tasks where trans people perform differently from natal controls and more like people of their non-natal sex. Either way you should really read everything at this point to get the big picture. I've spoonfed you enough information, yes? Show that my good faith wasn't misplaced.

>>8630876
I can prove otherwise. Here:
>>8630401

You should really pay attention Anon.
>>
>>8630893
Ok so is any of the discussion on function or purely structure?
>>
>>8630888
>muh deceit meme
do you really think trans women go through all the effort of transitioning, hormone therapy, and even surgery for some, being treated like shit by society and especially assholes like you, so they can intentionally trick men into having sex with them? There's a much easier way to have sex with men, it's called being gay. Come on, apply some Occam's Razor.
>>
>>8630899
Absolutely. They crave the attention females get from straight men and will stop at nothing to get it. Straight men are a catch that no gay male can add up to in value.
>>
>>8630903
Do you know anything about trans people? This is so far from reality.
>>
>>8630898
The first link does not discuss function. The others touch on function, or link to other articles touching on function in the case of Wikipedia, but that is not their focus. The argument is that function must necessarily be reflected physically if you don't believe in anything weird like souls or whatever, so even if we can't tell what some of the differences actually mean we can still infer them to be the differences between men and women within the limits I mentioned previously. We know early exposure to the wrong sex hormones can cause such differences and we know that causes some animals to behave like animals of the other sex. Added together this forms a strong explanation for transsexuality.
>>
>>8630928
My point is that you need to be able to connect dimorphic structure to function or else the theory doesn't hold.
>>
>>8630932
Nothing else could be responsible for the differences sans hormones, and we know transsexuals on hormones are not identical to cis people. We don't know the exact function of a lot of structures but, *to the extent that there is gendered difference in function*, it must be reflected in the parts of the brain that differ between men and women. As I've said earlier if the differences mean nothing then I could argue that trans people have the same brains as cis people of the opposite sex and you wouldn't be able to say otherwise because we're ignoring all of the differences as unimportant.
>>
>>8630947
>We don't know the exact function of a lot of structures

But you can somehow claim that there are gay males who are functionally women?
>>
>>8630953
Nice reading comprehension. Please, go on. I can hear the crowd drifting toward me.
Thread posts: 124
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.