[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/abg/ - /antiblanchardgen/ - Anti-Blanchard General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: 1500400488823.png (541KB, 656x1210px) Image search: [Google]
1500400488823.png
541KB, 656x1210px
Discuss problems with Blanchard's AGP/HSTS theories, evidence against, counterexamples, logical holes, etc.
>>
AGP treats transgender identities as pathological or as a disease model.

This is not correct. Being transgender is just one of the many ways humans express gender. It's a minority, and an illness.

as I have learned to understand it.
>>
>>8628185
um, I meant
It's a minority, NOT an illness.

My mistake.
>>
>>8628185
Threadly reminder OP is a butthurt TERF who keeps spamming the same misleading blank slatist image. If you must comment, sage and move on.
>>
>>8629232
???
>>
>>8629232
I've seen Blanchard's shit used more by TERFs and right-wingers than its counter-arguments.
>>
>>8629509
It is. Blanchard is a motherfucker. The image in the OP is an attempt to dismiss the existence of brain sex and so the significance of the brain scans showing that transsexuals fall along a male-female intermediate bell curve when it comes to dimorphic regions before hormones i.e. in the aggregate they're between men and women, demonstrating that transsexuality is caused by abnormal natal development and that transsexuals really are shifted toward being like the sex they identify with in significant ways even when constantly doused with the hormones of their natal sex.

The image was first posted here by someone who linked Gender Trender upthread:
https://archive.loveisover.me/lgbt/thread/8584537/#q8599012

and is purposefully misinterpreted to mean things it doesn't. See here for more details:
http://www.wiringthebrain.com/2016/01/sex-on-brain-tale-of-two-studies.html

>You have too much free time on your hands
Yes I do.
>>
>>8629524
[citation needed that the traditional narrative is correct with high quality evidence and no correlation=causation bullshit]
>>
>>8629562
[Curegirl detected]
>>
>>8629574
I'm not a girl. The correct pronouns are King, God or Master, bitterhon. If you want to call me by something I'm not, make it one of those thanks!
>>
>>8629578
Woman, lady, damsel, queen, princess or mistress. Got it.
>>
>>8629509
This. Blanchard's typology has become quite popular on r/GenderCritical.. I wonder why??
>>
>>8629613
Yeah, it has been a TERF weapon for years now. The OP is this weird false flag.
>>
>>8629596
Reeeeee why do you insist I am female?

>>8629613
>>8629615

TERF's are scum. However, blanchardism is bullshit minus the concept of an AGP.
>>
>>8629613
Tru Blanchardism is incompatible with tru TERFism because the assertion that HSTSs are innately GNC requires the existence of innately gendered behavior, which is the very first thing GC objects to about trans ideas.
>>
>>8629613
Aren't TERFs the source of the "AGPs are fetishists and not really trans" meme? Even Blanchard recommended that AGPs transition
>>
>>8630915
He recommends it as a doctor but his contempt for such people is quite clear.
>>
>>8630906
>the assertion that HSTSs are innately GNC requires the existence of innately gendered behavior
No, HSTS are GNC due to early socialization.
>>
>>8630906
If it were up to TERFs all HSTSs would be barred from transitioning and forced to detrans. They would be encouraged to love themselves and that there is no wrong way to be a man.

So instead of being a feminine tranny with a GAMP boyfriend who loves them, they get to be dysphoric feminine gay men that normie gays dont want.
>>
File: 1497975094168.gif (250KB, 266x243px) Image search: [Google]
1497975094168.gif
250KB, 266x243px
>>8629524
>The image in the OP is an attempt to dismiss the existence of brain sex and so the significance of the brain scans showing that transsexuals fall along a male-female intermediate bell curve when it comes to dimorphic regions before hormones i.e. in the

that isn't what that study, nor that picture says, though. what that study (which is the most recent and thorough study and differences between brains) states is that there isn't really any such thing as an inherently male or female brain with standard structure differences. instead, what they found and suggest is that there's a wide spectrum and varying of configurations of the brain between men and women and that one often can't reliably tell what sex somebody is just by looking at their brain structure.
the study does say, however, that there are some trends between mens' and womens' brains in terms of structure, but that overall there's such a wide variability in brain structures that one cannot empirically define and divide mens' and womens' brains based on their structure.
an important thing to take away from this study is the fact that if anything, it gives even more reason to believe being trans has to do with the brain. the study never suggests that trans people's condition cannot be due to their brains. the fact that variability of brain structures is so incredibly common can easily be used as hypothesis to state that things can get wired in certain ways in the brain that wind up with somebody being trans or whatever else. with so many variations of brain structure across the populace, it's very easy for me to see how certain specific wirings (or mis-wirings, if you like) can wind up with somebody being trans

really, there's no need for "inherently male" or "inherently female" brains to exist for trans peoples' identities and experiences to be innate. i hate reading this hon-tier MALE BRAINS FEMALE BRAINS CAN BE THE ONLY POSSIBILITY shit because it's both anti-scientific and cringy
>>
>>8631630
I'm not sure we disagree. How is what I wrote different from what you wrote? I said the study's being willfully misinterpreted.

If you want a tl;dr on what I think you can find it here:
>>8630813
>>
>>8630966
>but his contempt for such people is quite clear.
[citation needed]
>>
>>8632073
There is no citation because Blanchard being anti-trans is a slur spread by his opponents. Can't attack the theory, attack the man.
>>
>>8632073
>>8634808
Read his twitter feed. He keeps endlessly retweeting TERFs.
>>
>>8634871
Exactly. If he were pro-trans he'd be blocking TERFs from his feed.
>>
>>8634871
>>8635270
>you're not pro-trans unless you're an echo chamber
Wrong.
>>
>>8628185

Here comes a big one.

1 Blanchard said that all bisexuals are AGP.

2 Blanchard said that some lesbians develop PSEUDO-bisexuality

3 Blanchard said that the independent variable that was significant to determine the typology was sexual orientation

4 When getting the results of the TRUE bisexual population, Blanchard mixed them with the results of PSEUDO-bisexuals, thus contaminating the data of both groups, which are different in an ESSENTIAL feature, as explained below.

5 PSEUDO-bisexuals are the individuals that have developed AGP to the highest degree, to the degree of actually engaging in sex with men to realize their fantasies, despite not really liking men

6 TRUE bisexuals legitimate like men, and engage in sex with them freely for pleasure, as do HSTS.

7 Hence, by mixing the results of 2 populations that differed in the origin of their sexual orientation (true bisexuals are not the same as pseudo-bisexuals), he contaminated the data.
>>
>>8635702

(cont)

8 With these contaminated data he tried to create a correlation, demonstrating that attraction towards females is correlated with AGP, the higher the attraction towards females, the higher the AGP

9 But the correlation data for "Blanchard mixed group of bisexuals" is higher than that of "lesbians". Hence the continuum in the strength of the correlation is broken, instead of being a straight road uphill, it makes a pyramid, which is a form that mathematically indicates that something is wrong with the correlation.

10 True bisexuals share part of their sexual orientation with HSTS, hence, if the correlations were to be correct and draw an straight line, TRUE BISEXUALS would have to show lower levels of AGP than lesbians.

11 But since Blanchard contaminated his own study groups, a whole group of study subjects was ignored, and also the correlation was totally broken at the middle of the sexuality spectrum.

12 Hence, coming from a flawed design , a serious peer review would reject the design of the study, invalidating it.
>>
>>8628185

Also, interesting data BLanchard ignored

Some "HSTS" scored high in the AGP scale. the results are there to be checked. Those individuals were ignored.

Some bisexuals scored low (HSTS ranges) in the AGP score. Those results were ignored. Indeed, as said in above posts, he may even think that bisexuality doesn't exist, that is not a reality. (and, by the way, a study whose basis are false beliefs should be discredited by default)

Some lesbians scored low (HSTS ranges) in the AGP scale. Those individuals were ignored

Despite obtaining a (broken) correlation, people takes the results as dogma, saying that sexual orientation automatically defines the origin of your dysphoria.

Blanchard has never made an effort to point that there may be exceptions, tacitly implying that he judges individuals in a "black or white" reality
>>
>>8634808

>Can't attack the theory, attack the man.

The theory can be attacked, tho. Indeed, that's how science advances.

Don't expect a reality to be explained by the second or 3rd theory describing it, that rarely happens in the history of science. Usually theories are created and discarded in a slow, grinding process of getting only the good bits and rejecting others when disproven, slowly growing and pruning.

It is time to give Blanchard's theory a serious blow with the scientific method at hand
>>
>>8635743
Details of these HSTS registering as AGP?
>>
>>8635802

Check the results of the study, they are there, waiting to be seen by anybody who wants to access the data
>>
>>8635821
Link?
>>
>>8635851

Trying to find it, saw it a couple times. If you find it send it to me so I can put on my link list, since that stuff is interesting to say the least
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndwxv16tl51rvco8p.gif (458KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndwxv16tl51rvco8p.gif
458KB, 500x268px
Also, here, just a simple search yielded interesting results, imagine what a

thoroughly search yields.

--------------------------------------------------

A lower percentage of the homosexual transsexuals reported being (or having been)

married and sexually aroused while cross-dressing.[34] Studies have variously found

that between 10% and 36% of homosexual transsexuals report a history of sexual arousal

to cross dressing. Bentler (1976) found 23%, while Freund (1982) reported 31%.[12]

[16][41][42]

-------------------------------

Homosexual transsexuals AVERAGED a Kinsey scale measurement of 5–6 or a 9.86 ± 2.37 on

the Modified Androphilia Scale.[15][16]

Observation: (Note that if there's an average of 5, there should be values at 4 or

even 3 to compensate for all the 6)

------------------------------------------------------

Although grabbed from the forbidden place (wiki), links to the real studies are provided.

Also, for what is worth, those studies have been performed by Blanchard's coleagues in many cases, some of them even by BLanchard himself.

Why doesn't he talk about them? hue hue hue only he knows...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_transsexual
>>
>>8635987

All this shows that transsexuality is a much more complex issue than just "LOL U R AGP BECAUSE 4CHAN"

the 2 basic guidelines (sexual orientation and age of transition) may provide some guidance, but they're far from perfect, and exceptions exist to every rule.

HSTS vs. AGP is not a "black and white" issue, pal, and there may be even some superposition amongst both
>>
>>8628185
Why are you upset about this typology?
Just because some TERFs twist it to fit their agenda, doesn't make it wrong.
>>
>>8635331
You're not pro-black if you retweet the KKK..
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.