[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the consensus on spironolactone, and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (4KB, 220x196px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
4KB, 220x196px
What is the consensus on spironolactone, and why?
>>
Tastes like the worst mints I've ever had in my life.

...But are the best and only mints I've ever wanted in my life.
>>
There are better androgen antagonists, but it's cheap and usually works.
>>
>>8623490
this pretty much
>>
>>8623457
I heard it really fucks with your liver or was it kidneys?
Anyways it's cheap as fug so it's the staple of the NEET shut-in trannies and the thing that keeps them from having an even shittier life or suicide.

Also stale mint like anonette said.
>>
>>8623490
Instead of icebreakers try the new and improved ball breakers.
>>
>>8623457
Diuretic made for grannies that as a side effect blocks your T AND your liver function.

Take it if if you live in USA or have problems with cypro. Daily reminder that cypro can be split and is cheaper in the long run.
>>
>>8623490
It tastes like mints?
have I been taking my spiro wrong?
>>
It's a good diuretic. Not much good for anything else though.
Use it only if you have no choice
>>
>>8623457
Has anyone official in the US ever been on an AA besides spiro? I'm with informed consent so I don't know if I can even ask for anything else
>>
>>8623616
Did it even give any testicular atrophy at all?
I'd imagine the pissing is pretty annoying too

Spiro might be worth it if you plan on getting an orchi right away I guess. But from most studies it says it leaves testicular function intact.
>>
>>8623616
This, people exaggerate like hell here. I'm sure it's not optimum but it gets the job done.
>>
>>8623631
mine got smaller. I've been on spiro for almost four years. I never got the diuretic effect of spiro either. I guess I got lucky.
>>
>>8623631
>I'd imagine the pissing is pretty annoying too
This went away for me after a while.

Or maybe I just can't tell anymore, idk.
>>
Is there any medication that won't literally destroy your live or give you a stroke from blood clots?

Jesus christ why we have to kill ourselves even when we are transitioning to not kill ourselves.
>>
>>8623634
The liver risks are due to the fact that the dosage for prostate cancer is 200-300mg/day.
At 25mg/day or lower it's not that much of a risk. It's probably less harmful than spiro plus it's pretty side effect free
Plus it atrophies your junk super quick so in the long run you need less and less, and eventually none at all. With spiro you're on it forever. With cypro you only have to take it for a couple years most likely before testicular atrophy is enough that E alone will downregulate T.
>>
>>8623663
oh wow. That sounds nice.
>>
>>8623660
>live
I meant liver but lives work too I guess since tranny and sheeit.
>>
File: 980.png (1MB, 982x1416px) Image search: [Google]
980.png
1MB, 982x1416px
>>8623631
It had an effect on mine, but I was doing 300mg a day. But then I got extremely sick one day so I had to cut it down to 200mg.
>>
>>8623672
(Assuming you're talking about estrogen processing in liver, I have no experience with cypro, and am not a doctor)
>>
is it normal to not have side effects with spiro? I don't need to pee and feel no more tired than I did before. I've actually been sleeping better because I got on a schedule for timing doses.
>>
>>8623676
I heard all early transitioners take 900mg.
Why aren't you on 900mg?
>>
>>8623670
Yeah if you can't get an orchi within a year or two of starting you should use cypro.
If you can get an orchi right away then spiro is okay. But staying on spiro for 2+ years is a complete waste of time and you're damaging your progress. Has no actions on your testes so you're entirely relying on E.
>>
>>8623691
yes it's normal, that's why they're side effects. You might get them, you might not. Hell, I wish my spiro made me drowsy, I can't fucking sleep as it is.
>>
>>8623693
He's not an early transitioner. He's an AGP hon, so he's taking late transitioner illegitimate levels.

It's not like he was going to pass anyway so who cares?
>>
>>8623705
good. I've been getting paranoid cause I've almost been on spiro for a month and haven't had any reason to complain. I feel no different.
>>
>>8623700
well it's illegal in the states obvs. and my levels are fine. I should schedule an orchi, but I'm bad at making big decisions, and I'm scared of surgeries.
>>
>>8623707
the memes on this board man
>>
>>8623717
same. orchi is probably the only surgery I'd get because of all the srs complications, and it still scares me thinking about it
>>
>>8623693
because she's naturally effeminate and does not naturally produce testosterone, but gatekeeping restrictions in place because of falsetrans men forcing their way into medical treatments has forced her hand into taking spiro anyway
>>
>>8623707
she's mean to people, people are mean to her. she's mean to people, people are mean to her.
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.
>>
>>8623717
Yeah but you've been on it for 4 years that's crazy. If you were on cypro you probably wouldn't even need an AA by now and could just do E+prog
>>
>>8623745
sucks if you're in burgerland and don't trust black market
>>
>>8623745
>>8623761
I used to kind of be resentful that I had to take moderately large sized pills twice a day with my E, but it's just become a routine that I barely notice anymore. It works for me and it's cheap, so I don't mind.
>>
>>8623777
Well inevitably E will cause more atrophy and you could do the same thing as with cypro and reduce your spiro dosage. It's just going to take forever.
I'd imagine at 4 years in you could easily cut your dosage down
>>
>>8623490
>Tastes like the worst mints I've ever had in my life

Tastes like mints my fucking asshole bitch, they taste like earwax mixed with chalk.
>>
>>8623820
maybe. I have an appointment with my endo coming up in August. I'll ask her what she thinks.
>>
cypro is better

>not only does it block androgen receptors it reduces your production i.e kills your balls
>progestogen which means your boobs will actually develop properly i.e no conetits
>>
>>8623663
>Plus it atrophies your junk super quick
How quick?
>>
>>8623890
Cypro is not a complete replacement for progesterone despite the meme that has been forced by one dedicated autist on here.
>>
>>8628282
Usually it's not as big of a deal not to use prog though. Most people seem fine without it
>>
>>8623693
>900mg
Jesus Christ I hope you're memeing, that sounds ridiculous.
>>
File: 0RcSsFH.jpg (295KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
0RcSsFH.jpg
295KB, 540x720px
Shit works, had female T lvls in 3 months with 200 mg daily.
I still wanna try bica....
>>
>>8623457
Works well for me. I can't wait u til I don't need it but my t is co grilled very well on it and I don't seem to really have any negative side effects.
>>
>>8623672
I binge drink on Spiro. I need to stop. But it's been a few years and I haven't lost liver function.

I really really need to stop.
>>
I take 50 mg of spiro and 100 of progesterone a day and my T levels are totally nuked. I don't really have a complaint but I always want to chase better results. I have been on this for almost 2 years now and am pretty passable to boot. I tried to get cypro a few times but no luck with my doctors.
>>
>>8629807
25 mg of bica over two months made me start growing boobs. No E during that time either
Really good medicine
>>
>>8628270
For instance I've been on it for only 3 months, 25mg. My balls are twice as small as my boyfriend's.
>>
>>8623660
You can always just get an orchi after a couple of years and cut the spiro down. Although I've heard you shouldn't do that if you plan on SRS because they'll need the skin.
>>
>>8623726
>waahhh stop being abrasive on 4chan

No. Literally, pick any other website. Go there. Stay there. Stop trying to ruin the one bastion of so-called "meanness" online and go back to the 99 bastions where you can have your circlejerk to your heart's content.
>>
>>8630265
hrt Femboy? I'm on E but was wondering if it would help with boobs.
>>
>>8623707
>tfw a cis gay male is reading this post right now
>>
>>8623693
My endo heard I was on 300mg/day and was alarmed. 900mg/day sounds outright deadly.
>>
>>8623579
Don't do it! It's awful.
>>
>>8623457
Ive been on 200 mg a day for the past year and 6 months.
My T was naturally low before that, but a few months after it was in female ranges and at the year mark I was below female ranges so yeah. It works?
I wanted to try cypro and bica just to see the results but Ive seen the side effect profile and one of them has depression and liver toxicity which scares the shit out of me.
>>
File: F5F53.jpg (121KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
F5F53.jpg
121KB, 1242x2208px
>>8623847
i take it, u used to do 200mg a day 100mg every 12 hours but since i got my script I've been taking 100mg a day every 24 hours.
the ones i used to buy online tasted bad and not minty just like these anons
>>8623579 and >>8623847 but the new ones i pick up at the pharmacy taste really minty.
honestly I'm not okay with halving my dosage but I'm gonna have to let my test go up a bit so my doctor sees her script is shit and should prescribe something better.
also i know that Oestradiol is solved sublingually but my Endo is adamant about swallowing it with water which I'm doing. i swear this b!tch wants to hon mode me.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.