[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Truvada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: uptown-hiv.jpg (36KB, 595x376px) Image search: [Google]
uptown-hiv.jpg
36KB, 595x376px
So a generic version of Truvada was approved. Can anyone with experience in this area give an approximate timeline for how long it takes for a generic drug to be created and approved?
Also, does Canada take it's sweet ass time approving US generics?

I've been wanting to go on it because I'm paranoid despite being safe most of the time but cost is a prohibitive factor even with my insurance.

Also has anyone had any severe side effects?
>>
>>8616507
If i take this will i never get aids?
>>
>>8616735
That's pretty much how it works, yeah. It won't protect you from other STDs though.
>>
>>8616765
So generics will make it cheaper right? how much is dis going to cost?
>>
>>8616769
depends on if you're on insurance or not
>>
I really hope that LA county covers it for the black men on medi-cal. We are having a huge crisis were more than half off all gay black men who have sex with men under 30 have HIV and at the same time we are having a huge problem of older black men who have sex with men dying from HIV related illnesses (white men who have sex with men typically live normal, long healthy lives)
>>
>>8616879
It's covered by Medi-Cal. All you have to do is go to the clinic and ask.
>>
>>8616883
Oh, last I heard it wasn't. I wonder how many black guys are taking it, considering how few of them get tested.
>>
>>8616906
I've volunteered a ton with #bethegeneration in San Diego. We managed to get PrEP covered be Medi-Cal, so it should be like that everywhere now. If you're having trouble with it I would suggest going to a LGBT or HIV specialized clinic, I know there's several in LA.
>>
>>8616879
>>8616883

Not a dude here but why so many black homosexuals have AIDS?
Is it because they don't care about getting tested / wearing preservatives?

I usually thought it was some kind of 4chan racist meme about them
>>
>>8616914
So there are a few reasons for it and depending who you ask you will get different answers.

Some of it has to do with education, they do not know enough of the facts and miss education of they believe the wrong things.

Some of it has to do with socioeconomic of poor people are more likely to have HIV.

If you want to believe white people are the problem then because of racism black people have less options to have sex and there have less power to negotiate safe sex practices.

But probably the truth is that culturally black men are less likely to go to and trust doctors so they rarely get tested. They are also in a tight community were there is a lot of overlap of who has sex with whom. And like all gay men, they are not using condoms because condoms suck.
>>
>>8616735
it reduces your likelihood of contracting the virus by more than 99%.
so if you get fukt by black men bareback, you might still end up with aids

there are also drug resistant strains of hiv
>>
Generic truvada was released at the same time as truvada like 18 years ago.
There are no patent laws in India so Gilead made a deal with Cipla that in exchange for them not undercutting certain markets they would sell the process to them so Cipla wouldn't have any need to reverse engineer the process like they do for most drugs.
The only reason generics don't come to NA and EU is because drug companies lobby governments to prevent pharmaceutical imports and they have various other methods of distribution controls in place.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.