[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is it like to be real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

File: 459920_1282055041117_500_337.jpg (30KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
459920_1282055041117_500_337.jpg
30KB, 500x337px
I'm not real, I'm mtf
>>
That movie also gave me trans feels
>>
being an off-brand girl is still better than being a regular male
>>
>>8611970
Cool world, brad pitt mmmm
Didn't expect anyone to recognise it, remember watching it many years ago
>>
>>8611996
I rewatched it a couple of years ago because I figured it would have trans-type themes.
It does, in that metaphorical way where a woman wants to move outside of the social boundaries she's been placed in. Unfortunately it's portrayed pretty negatively in the story, since Holly becoming "real" almost destroys the human and toon dimensions, but the problem is solved by male characters "crossing over" in similar ways.
But I've heard that Holly was originally going to be called Debbie Dallas.
>>
What's the movie?
Is it "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"
>>
>>8612096
So to actually finish my point, despite Cool World's reputation for being ruined by executive meddling, the original version of her character seems like it was meant to be even more unsympathetic.
>>
>>8612119
Cool World, sort of an edgier knockoff of Roger Rabbit created by an underground animator but bungled by sloppy special effects and clashing creative visions.
>>
>>8611970
I get trans feels in weird places too, like stories with robot girls.
>>
>>8612283
Howls moving castle got me because the mc gets all gross and unattractive around somebody she cares for. Very puberty esque for me at least.
>>
>>8612356
I remember I was playing some Pink Panther point and click adventure game as a kid and there was a scene where a little girl got transformed into a hideous monster and started crying when she saw how she looked. I didn't even know I was trans at the time, but that shit made me incredibly uncomfortable and gave me nightmares for a long time.
>>
File: IMG_0535.jpg (54KB, 750x536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0535.jpg
54KB, 750x536px
>>8612283
Hardcore relate
But I don't think it's weird to connect with robot characters that way, given that the identities of robot characters are often regarded as "fake," belong to a feared and mistrusted social group, and the lesson often is that appearances can be deceiving and the truth of who we truly are can be more complicated than it seems.
>>
>>8612283
Well sometimes they're literally just trans stories with different terminology
>>
>>8612421
The last time I watched this one it made me cry
Devastating
>>
>>8612441
I think every trans person on 4chan should watch this. The part where she refuses to save her friends because it would make her more of a robot and less of a "normal girl", and normal girls are never violent or strong, reminds me of the "declawing" talk you see around here.
>>
File: IMG_0536.jpg (61KB, 970x693px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0536.jpg
61KB, 970x693px
>>8612461
I actually wasn't familiar with "declawing," I try not to read every trans-related thread here, but I totally get it.

I also like the part she eats human food to fit in and it's bad for her.
>>
>>8612461
Explain the declawing thing?
>>
>>8612541
Some people try to frame all mtfs as aggressive, male privileged, abusive rapists. So some of us feel a little guilty about that and try to make sure we aren't harming anybody. But it can go to unhealthy extremes and its fundamentally just low self esteem fueled by reading the tracts of people who hate you.
>>
>>8612728
Actually we think you're prone to mental instability and illness, and that a lot of that centers around your identity and self-esteem issues. No one wants to date a person with low self esteem because of the associated emotional problems, and trannies tend to have less than zero. You just misinterpret that as us saying you're aggressive etc.
>>
>>8612781
I think they were talking about specific TERF arguments.

>No one wants to date a person

Whoa whoa wait, who even talked about dating?
>>
>>8612728
>So some of us feel a little guilty about that and try to make sure we aren't harming anybody. But it can go to unhealthy extremes
Examples? I've seen the TERF claims but I haven't noticed the guilt and unhealthy extremes to disprove it.
>>
>>8612096
D-Does t-that mean we can't crossover too?
>>
>>8613566
No it does not. Just that ignorant people are afraid of those who are different, and women who decide for themselves what's best for them instead of only doing what they're told and putting everyone else's needs first.
>>
We are like doodles to noids
>>
>>8613579
But I'll never be real.
>>
>>8613681
Having s-sex with a man can make us real
>>
>>8613681
You're already real, sweetpea. You're the authentic you. And just because some people might think that's not good enough, doesn't make it true.
You're not incomplete, you're unique. Special in your own way. And you can find people who appreciate those qualities that only you have.
>>
>>8613720
Now if only I wasn't too much of a depressed cynical cunt to accept that at face value.

I genuinely believe I have no value and am better off dead.
>>
>>8613720
>You're already real, sweetpea. You're the authentic you.
Then what's the point of transition?
>>
>>8613727
I've been in your place. I've gotten fantastic pep talks that I was so grateful for, but I was afraid that people were wasting their time on me. That I was beyond their help.
You don't have to decide today if you're ready for the rest of your life. Because the best part is that it only comes one day at a time.
And you don't have to feel good today.
You don't need to instantly be hopeful to repay me for the help I'm offering.
All I want is for you give yourself a chance to feel better tomorrow.
>>
>>8613753
That comment was more about soothing the anxiety that anon was feeling in the current moment than spinning a Cool World metaphor into a lifestyle plan for all seasons.
There's so much space between transitioning and feeling actualized by your transition. Some people here feel like they won't ever be good enough, even with the transition care available to them, because of something about themselves that they can't change.
That's kinda where I am btw, so that's why this whole "you're already real" thing seemed like such a nice thing to say.
Sorry if it didn't help you as much.
>>
>>8613810
I won't ever feel actualized because I won't ever pass and get treated no different to a cis girl.
>>
>>8612421
I'll watch it to est if Im real trans or simply got memed thanks

what cap prog names screenshots after the brwoser tab or window title btw?
>>
>>8613878
>I'll watch it to est if Im real trans or simply got memed thanks
>what cap prog names screenshots after the brwoser tab or window title btw?
What the fuck does half of this shit mean? Write like a human goddammit.
>>
>>8614103
if you cant understand you wouldn't help me so nevermind
>>
>>8611993
Especially with that attitude.
>>
>>8613858
>was more about soothing the anxiety that anon was feeling in the current moment than spinning a Cool World metaphor into a lifestyle plan for all seasons.
>There's so much space between transitioning and feeli
Are you able to get/have sex with men though?
>>
So what is it really like to be real?
>>
>>8614165
I'll try. That might make me feel closer to real.
>>
>>8613753
You want to do it, that's the point. The authentic you wants to transition. Shazam.
>>
I guess no one here really knows what its like to be real
>>
File: 05f3425bf1b92a843556b9e107ac87da.jpg (115KB, 1280x692px) Image search: [Google]
05f3425bf1b92a843556b9e107ac87da.jpg
115KB, 1280x692px
>>8612283
G H O S T
I N
T H E
S H E L L
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.