[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does this mean guys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

File: There are only two genders.png (75KB, 1417x987px) Image search: [Google]
There are only two genders.png
75KB, 1417x987px
What does this mean guys
>>
>>8608630
That you don't know about Klinefelter syndrome
>>
>>8608635
>implying even 5% of the AGPs on this board have klinefelter
>>
>>8608647
>believing in Blanchard's horseshoe theory

I mean you have a point though
>>
>>8608630
I thought they were support to look like letters?
>>
That chromosomes exist and will fuck you over.
>>
File: eh.png (152KB, 709x768px) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
152KB, 709x768px
>>8608630
That men/males are tiny chromosome-let whimps?

So small! LOL!
>>
>>8608630
reminds me that the Y chromosome is faulty and will likely mutate into something even shittier
>>
File: so small!.jpg (145KB, 1006x872px) Image search: [Google]
so small!.jpg
145KB, 1006x872px
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>8608876
lmao this really cracked me up
>>
oh gosh I'm crying
>>
apparently my bfs didn't find that pic funny, meanwhile my sides are in orbit already
>>
>>8608630
that primates are doomed to degeneracy because xx males can't reproduce
>>
>>8608858
>>8608876
>mfw they don't know what lyonisation is
>>
>>8609268
t. doesn't believe AGP
>>
>>8609268
>mfw he doesn't realize the other X chromosome often escapes inactivation
>mfw I am all out of smug animé girls
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>8609035
Even if mammals were fated to lose the Y-Chromosome over time (disputed) this doesn't mean male extinction. Grasshoppers get by just fine with their males as X0. While X0 individuals in humans turn out with Turner syndrome now, there's no reason to suspect this can't change in the millions of years it takes for the Y-Chromosome to "decay".
>>
>>8609365
You are objectively wrong.
>>
Wow...how does one tiny chromosome posess the ability create superior human beings? It's pretty amazing.
>>
>>8609408
"You are objectively wrong" is not an argument, chromosomelet.
>>
>>8609470
It must be compressed, or something.
>>
>>8609365
>mfw they don't realise it's all but 1 X chromosome that shrivels up like hitler's right testicle per cell
>mfw therefore biological males have more active, euchromatic Chr23 than biological females
>>
>>8611303
Surely it would only shrivel to be the equivalent of a Y, not less so?

Anyway the fact that there's two to start with it still better because of redundancy in which one shrivels up. See women not getting red-green color blind as much as men, etc.
>>
>>8608630
Hrt actually changes your chromosomes, if you are trutrans.
>>
File: f8EdwHG.gif (436KB, 245x175px) Image search: [Google]
f8EdwHG.gif
436KB, 245x175px
>>8611366
i want to believe
>>
Are women seriously so insecure with themselves, that they must compete with men on a cellular level in order to find at least something, anything, that they might claim to have an advantage over?

I mean, okay, good job womankind, your double x chromosones are an uhh... amazing achievement, or something. Well done, woo girl power.

Christ, women are fragile.
>>
>>8611605
I think it's what the kids these days are calling a "joke"
>>
>>8611605
You sound upset about having faulty genetic material.

>>8611324
Its why if your unborn child is at risk for a birth defect, doctors hope you have a girl because shes got a much better chance. 2X 2stronk
>>
>>8611605
>>8612532
>tfw genuinely upset about the y being weaker
>>
>>8612532
That doesn't even make any sense, considering being female in itself is a birth defect.
>>
>>8608630
>when asking women to draw straight lines.
>>
>>8612741
Lmao the default human is female. You cant live without the x chromosome. The female biology is meant to survive.
>>
>>8612829
False.
>>
>>8612829
X isn't the "female" chromosome. Sure Y isn't essential for being alive, it simply turns a default human being, into a superior human being.
>>
>>8608630
If you blast your X chromosome with enough radiation, it might turn into an Y chromosome.
>>
>>8612902
>a default human being

I'd hardly call Turners the "default" for humanity.

>>8612902
>>8612829
Females are not the 'default'. This used to be believed commonly when we thought that the SRY gene was the be all and end all of maleness but it's not true. In reality babies start androgynous and a multitude of genes determine what sex the baby will end up with.
>>
>>8613415
>This used to be believed commonly when we thought that the SRY gene was the be all and end all of maleness but it's not true.
Female wouldn't be "default" even if the SRY was.
>>
>>8608858
compact, male genes have been "gene splicing." basically getting rid of excessive information and redundant information to prevent infertility. (such as hermaphroditism, supermales, and other sex chromosome disorders)
>>
>>8613535
>supermales

XYY's aren't uncommon and aren't infertile either.
>>
>>8616870
Is that what XYY syndrome regarded as? Supermales?
From what I've heard there's just a few inconclusive reports of some XYY males having learning difficulties, but also slightly higher than average intelligence. Probably not even worth being considered a "syndrome"
>>
>>8608630
that men are more complicated to genetically program for, because they have a little extra, instead of a copy of the X chromosome?

that you will never be a real girl/boy?

that men are straight, and women are bent?
>>
>>8612532
>le "men are just genetically damaged women" meme
maybe Hitler had the right idea
>>
>>8613535
No, in fact, it has lower information density than other chromosomes.
>>8613415
Female phenotype is the default. Without functional SRY, you'll get a female. The bipotential gonad will differentiate into ovaries.
>>8616921
>that men are more complicated to genetically program for,
Not really. For example, some genes for testicular development reside on autosomal chromosomes.
>>
>>8616943
>Without functional SRY, you'll get a female

Incorrect.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc1010311

>We describe a family with a 46,XX testicular disorder of sex development in which three adult males (two brothers and a paternal uncle) were determined to be female according to karyotype (46,XX) and were negative for the SRY gene. The secondary sexual characteristics, behavior, growth and development, and skeletal development in these men were all normal male.

>Male development is normally triggered by the transient expression of the Y chromosome gene SRY, which initiates a cascade of gene interactions orchestrated by SOX9, leading to the formation of testes from bipotential gonads.1,2 The essential and nonredundant role of Sox9 in male development was initially detected in mice. Ectopic expression of Sox9 in the female gonad of XX mice caused complete female-to-male sex reversal, demonstrating that Sox9 is sufficient to trigger testis differentiation in the absence of Sry. 3,4

SRY seems only to be 'required' for fertility.
>>
>>8616950
The main task of Sry is to induce Sox9, so no, it's correct. Bringing a mutation with over-expression of Sox9 is just butt-wiggling.
>>
>>8616962
>Without functional SRY, you'll get a female

>were negative for the SRY gene

Love the armchairs these days - they try to argue against fucking sources instead of people.
>>
>>8616967
Are you an idiot? I'm not arguing against your source, just showing it doesn't contradict me, because you give me an abnormality in the normal sexual differentiation pathway. Also, mutations for Sox9 result in an abnormal phenotypes for males, because the gene is important for bone development.
>>
>>8608876
its not the size that counts it how the rna uses it
>>
>>8608630
That you don't know how chromosomes actually work, apparently
>>
>>8608630
phe·no·type
ˈfēnəˌtīp
noun
BIOLOGY
the set of observable characteristics of an individual resulting from the interaction of its genotype with the environment.

gen·o·type
ˈjenəˌtīp,ˈjēnəˌtīp
noun
BIOLOGY
the genetic constitution of an individual organism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_differentiation
>Sexual differentiation is the process of development of the differences between males and females from an undifferentiated zygote. As male and female individuals develop from zygotes into fetuses, into infants, children, adolescents, and eventually into adults, sex and gender differences at many levels develop: genes, chromosomes, gonads, hormones, anatomy, and psyche.
>>
>>8619802
>sex and gender differences at many levels develop: genes, chromosomes, gonads, hormones, anatomy, and psyche.
>>
>>8619802
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_differentiation_in_humans
>SEX DIFFERENTIATION is defined as the phenotypic development of structures consequent upon the action of hormones produced following gonadal determination.
>>
btfo
>>
>>8622491
insightful comment. truly representative of the subtleties of the human experience
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.