[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why do butches butch when they are butched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1471251268113.png (308KB, 747x1534px) Image search: [Google]
1471251268113.png
308KB, 747x1534px
If butches don't have gender dysphoria why can't they just fit in and look like women when they face persecution?

I understand that behavior is hard to control for some people but there are things even the most gnc people can do to not look gnc such as dressing in a gender conforming manner yet a lot of pre-stonewall butches looked the part

Or are butches basically non-binary and need to look androgynous to not get dysphoria?
>>
>>8608150
Butches have dysphoria, but they have HSTS-type rather than AAP-type dysphoria.
>>
>>8608171
blanchard's typology doesn't apply to females dumbfuck
>>
>>8608150
Gotta add, I'm personally both gnc and a natal female, but I can't really empathize with pre-stonewall butches because none of my reasons for not repressing would apply to someone living in that era and I can't think of anything else

My primarily reasons are as follows
>social permission for gnc behaviors and crossdressing
>desire to fit in with male peers
>desire to be seen as a male or male-like

First wasn't a thing back then, second only works if the first exists, third doesn't apply to butches as a whole apparently
>>8608171
But if they have dysphoria why can't they be happy as male if they transition? Where do passing gnc homosexuals regretters/detransitioners come from?
>>
I don't think people need to have dysphoria to not like conforming to gender roles. I mean people do have preferences for how they express themselves, and I can understand them not being comfortable with being told to suppress their self-expression for what are essentially arbitrary reasons. And if we start calling that dysphoria, then we're going to have to start calling basically everything dysphoria. Does feeling uncomfortable around people who support ethnic cleansing mean you have "political dysphoria" or something?
>>
>>8608218
Dysphoria is literally just means being very uncomfortable, it's the opposite of euphoria. It's a general psychiatric term, not a trans specific one, there's such a thing as premenstrual dysphoria for example

>>8608218
> I mean people do have preferences for how they express themselves, and I can understand them not being comfortable with being told to suppress their self-expression for what are essentially arbitrary reasons
That would explain people who just presented as butch, still I don't understand
1. Why would you stick by a self-expression that harms you even if you are uncomfortable with abandoning it? It seems to me that discomfort from persecution would always be greater than discomfort from not being 100% yourself
2. Why would someone who doesn't want to be male become male just because they want to act and dress masculine as a woman? Wouldn't it be basically suppressing their self-expression for arbitrary reasons as well, just in the opposite direction?
>>
>>8608150
Because they "fit in" with their peer group. Like, nigga do you not understand how subcultures work.
>>
>>8608150
They bought the male privilege meme.
>>
>>8608175
Everyone knows that the HSTS aspect does, and I've found *plenty* of AAP in my surveys.

>>8608207
If Trentism is right, they can. (In fact, Trentism asserts that essentially all gay people can transition if they do so early.) We're not sure what to make of the regretters.
>>
>>8608370
>We're not sure what to make of the regretters.
How blanchardian; too bad for reality that it doesn't fit your fantasies, huh?
>>
>>8608377
Armchairs circlejerk other armchairs and try desperately to give their pet hypothesis that will never be tested some authoritative cachet. People LARPing as research psychologists. It is truly disgusting, a product of this abominable post-trump alt knowledge praise kek age where every bozo wants to be Jesus.
>>
>>8608377
But the entire point of the surveys is to examine problems like these. We're not ignoring reality.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.