[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How late is too late to transition?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: 1500497418651.jpg (213KB, 850x1189px) Image search: [Google]
1500497418651.jpg
213KB, 850x1189px
How late is too late to transition?
>>
Never because it's still an improvement. duh.
>>
>>8606315
It varies from person to person.
>>
>>8606315
If your body has already begun it's natural puberty, then it's too late and your body will be irreversibly fucked by testosterone.
>>
>>8606329
maybe so i got fucked over in my early 20's
>>
>>8606315
Your age minus one.
>>
>>8606362
I feel like this is the correct answer. Almost everyone feels this way.
>>
When it comes to body and face never. Because it all depends on genetics and surgeries.

But when in comes to mind it should be right before high school. Otherwise you can look as the prettiest girl but you will have mind of a rape vctim.
>>
>>8606445
>prettiest girl but you will have mind of a rape vctim.
Why's that?
>>8606315
Too late to transition? Never. Too late to pass? Depends on your genetics. For some, it's too late at 14. Meanwhile, others can transition at 30 and still be fine. Of course, the vast majority will reach the "unpassable" zone by their mid 20s.
>>
High digit ratio = more likely to pass facially and in body due to greater exposure to estrogen in the womb.
>>
>>8606479
Liar my digit ratio is just about what a females would be and I don't pass
>>
>>8606445
>But when in comes to mind it should be right before high school. Otherwise you can look as the prettiest girl but you will have mind of a rape vctim.
What do you mean?
>>
>>8606508
Girls seems to be naturally more social. They are better at all this social stuff while all the trannies I've met acted like typical shut ins (even the one who passed really well). Girls don't act like autistic little boys with stunned social development.
>>
>>8606531
>Girls don't act like autistic little boys with stunned social development.
Maybe some people will like that about trannies?
>>
>>8606445
I wonder about this. I had a chance to start literally right before high school, but I kinda blew it, or the doctors blew it, or something. So I started partway through freshman year, and I definitely have "the mind of a rape victim". But not really like the minds of most trans women I know. It's weird, maybe I got caught in the middle somehow.
>>
>>8606540
Liking what? That you can't participate in any social event because of huge amout of anxiety? Or completly lack of understanding of 'normies'?
>>
>>8606315
At birth.
Transition has no long-tsrm proven benefits.

STOP FAPPING, START LIVING!
>>
>>8606544
In what ways was your mind in the middle?

>but I kinda blew it, or the doctors blew it, or something.
What happened?
>>
File: winona-friends.jpg (62KB, 578x700px) Image search: [Google]
winona-friends.jpg
62KB, 578x700px
>>8606556
There was a trans doctor in LA who wanted me to see a specific therapist, also in LA, so that she could make sure I was legitimate. I was getting really frustrated that I kept going to these sessions and she couldn't even give me a time or a date when I would finally get my hormones. I remember the therapist was like a crazy cat lady who wanted me to make drawings in this Japanese-style sand thing, with like a little tiny wooden rake and these rocks, or something weird. And we had to keep driving down to LA every week for this. I figured they would just never be convinced of my legitimacy, or they would try to gatekeep me until I was 16 (I was 14 at the time, and I knew I would be ruined if I had to wait another two years). So I stopped seeing them, and tried to see other doctors who also tried to pull similar shit. There was this old Russian dude who asked me what my sexuality was, and I was just like "I guess I'm bi" and he told me that I could just be a gay man. Um....

I should have just asked an older trans woman over IRC if she could try and send me hormones. But honestly, after all my encounters with trans women, including the doctor in LA, it's just become more and more clear that I shouldn't trust them. It's like they've actively tried to sabotage me my whole life.

>In what ways was your mind in the middle?

I guess because I'm very social, and in theory, I'm extroverted. Most of my friends are cis women or otherwise AFAB, I really value female friendship, especially after all my encounters with guys. My favorite activity is going out and drinking with friends, I go to bars and shows semi-regularly, I don't play video games or really do anything that's typical for AGPs or NEETs. I just obsess over my body when I'm staying inside and isolating myself. That's my Achilles heel, is my body issues.
>>
>>8606594
>who wanted me to see a specific therapist
The first red flag.

Did you just have awful luck or are all LA therapists awful or all therapists for trans people?

>especially after all my encounters with guys
The therapists?

I just obsess over my body when I'm staying inside and isolating myself.
That sounds like a trans thing more than a female thing.
>>
File: winona_beetlejuice.png (214KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
winona_beetlejuice.png
214KB, 500x281px
>>8606615
>The therapists?

No, I'm talking about "guys" as like, a presence in my life, and the world? Like whenever I go out, and there are guys who creep on me and my friends? So I really appreciate things like female friendship, crowd power, "save a ho", that kind of thing. Moreso now that I've been in sticky situations, it ramped up after I turned 21 for obvious reasons. I've had random girls save my ass when I've been drunk a number of times.

>That sounds like a trans thing more than a female thing.

Well, it's kind of a direct consequence of me being trans, so that makes sense. That's why I called it my Achilles heel, it's more tranny shit that shouldn't be there in my brain anymore.

Here are some things that most women don't do, and I recognize that they make me less of a woman for doing them:

>forcing other women to do emotional labor for me because I'm depressed
>obsessing over my body and getting paranoid about how people are seeing me in any given situation
>being invisible in certain social situations (cis women are almost never invisible, unless they're like Barb from Stranger Things)
>not having very many close friends who I can contact when I'm scared/upset/need a friend

I'm too tired to keep listing them, or I just ran out, but yeah. There are plenty of ways I'm still not "there" yet.
>>
>>8606659
>So I really appreciate things like female friendship, crowd power, "save a ho", that kind of thing. Moreso now that I've been in sticky situations, it ramped up after I turned 21 for obvious reasons. I've had random girls save my ass when I've been drunk a number of times.
I get it. What sorts of situations have you been saved in?

>being invisible in certain social situations (cis women are almost never invisible
How are you invisible in ways cis women aren't? By being more introverted?
>>
>>8606315
when you start to lose your hair
>>
>>8606693
Hair can be regrown, though, and in worst case scenarios, can be transplanted
>>
>>8606699
You're overestimating how much it can regrow and how well the transplants work.
>>
>>8606776
also how is the impact of the meds you must take for a succesful hair transplant?
I read they were like doping products for sportsmen
>>
>>8606315
Its never too late. Though to be passable you need to transition before your mid 20s, Preferably around your mid teens.
>>
>>8606315
>>
>>8606970
That's completely not true

t. hair transplant 42 days ago
>>
It's never really too late to transition. Puberty doesn't determine if it's too late for you to transition either. That's why we start out with hormone treatments.

Unless your body has a bunch of health barriers preventing you from doing it (and you run a high risk of dying because of it) there is no such thing as "too late."

Also there isn't any one way for a trans person (OR even a cis person) to look. So if someone insists that you don't look male/female/neutral/trans enough that's their problem.

Side thought: When it comes to the word "passable" that sounds like we're pretending to be something we're not. We're already Men/Women/NB people, so we aren't trying to actually pass. We're trying to look like ourselves. Duh.

Transitioning also depends on how far you want to go. Not every Trans person goes from hormone treatment to all surgeries (like top surgery, breast implants, bottom surgeries, facial surgeries, hair transplants, etc.)

Plus money is a thing. I bet the body mod surgeons absolutely love Trans people btw.
>>
>>8608080
You know, if I started now (or in a few months, I doubt a few months would really matter) I might have a chance at passing (yeah, I know you don't like that term). The thing is, even if you pass, if you're posting here and you're not on HRT already it's too late. You're already mentally fucked. I've realized that, even if I passed, I'd never be able to fix the mental issues I have, I'd be another autistic shut in like the people at /mtfg/. So I won't be giving /pol/ another reason to hate on those who manage to transition early, or even those who transition late.
>>
>>8606315
According to our resident early transitioner after 21.
>>
It depends on your genetics desu senpai. Ive seen a 40 year old mtf who actually looks like a biological female despite one year of hrt.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.