[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion is the cause of all the suffering so many people are facing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

from lgbt rights to abortion rights to euthanasia, let's diss religion in this thread
>>
This is why /lgbt/ is fucking cancer and should be fucking removed. You fucking cancerous faggot. Burn in hell you fucking monster
>>
>>8597672
A tad triggered there Muhammad
>>
>>8597675
Nope just someone who will go to heaven instead of you you fucking child abusing cancerous faggot
>>
>>8597680
Heaven ain't real though. There are no gods or angels or monsters or magic.
>>
>>8597672
Hi Muhammad
>>
>>8597672
H-H-Hi father
>>
It's literally all meaningless and pointless. there's not one shitty thing a religious person does that atheists/agnostics/etc don't also do.
>>
>>8597667
>Religion is the cause of all the suffering so many people are facing

If you really think this, you're not cynical enough about humanity.

That said...

>>8597696
> there's not one shitty thing a religious person does that atheists/agnostics/etc don't also do.

This is bullshit.

How many times have you been bombarded with pamphlets in the streets by atheists? Or seen pro atheist propaganda in advertising spaces? Or heard a knock on your door only to be confronted with those damn door-to-door atheists trying to convert you? When's the last time you seen an atheist shooting up an abortion clinic or throwing gays off buildings?
>>
>>8597728
Tbh, I'm as atheist as anyone but I could definitely see a PETA activist firebombing a science lab testing chemicals in rats

Science vs science is a thing. It ain't religious crazies fucking everything up.

It's us
>>
>>8597742
Yeah, and that person's extremist ideology, in this case, would have little to do with religion or belief in god. They're just gullible people who had too much kool aid. A lot like the militant religious people out there who pull shit like this.

I just felt like pointing out that there's a very noticable different between your average "militant" atheist (aka neckbeard who says mean things about religious people on the internet) versus, say, your average militant islamist (allahu akbar kaboom).

Religion is hardly the sole problem with the world right now, but you're naive if you don't see it's devastating flaws.
>>
>>8597728
It doesn't matter if the act isn't done specifically in the name of atheism, just that atheists still do it. Do atheists not work for companies that do door to door sales or leave fucking flyers everywhere?

>When's the last time you seen an atheist shooting up an abortion clinic

As if an atheist has never killed anyone or been a terrorist. Pretty much any anarchist terrorism or communist terrorism was carried out by an atheist, or at least carried out for reasons other than religion.

>or throwing gays off buildings?

The main source of transphobic bullshit I experience comes from fedora tipping neckbearded atheist ""skeptics"". I have no illusions that they wouldn't throw me off a building if they could.
>>
>>8597765
There's a big difference between trying to sell shit to people because that's your fucking job and trying to shove your ideology down people's throats, alter the very way they see the world and convert them to your religion in order to establish yet more political and ideological dominance. It's pretty intellectually dishonest to act like they're the same thing just because they both involve the same basic tactics.

That'd be like comparing a creepy stalker and a military recon scout just because, hey, they both stare at people through binoculars and hope they don't get caught.

Not every ideology is created equal. And it's important to note that an anarchist who bombs the shit out of a building for political reasons did it because of those fucking political reasons, not because they just so happened to be an atheist. They could have been a Christian too, but it wouldn't have mattered, because it was the anarchist political ideology that prompted them to do it, not the Christian one.

>The main source of transphobic bullshit I experience comes from fedora tipping neckbearded atheist ""skeptics"". I have no illusions that they wouldn't throw me off a building if they could.

You have no idea how good you have it in the west when the worst thing that happens to you is having skeptical people doubt that you're the gender you claim to be. You're naive if you think your average neckbeard is going to be throwing anyone off a building even if he could.
>>
>>8597788
>Not every ideology is created equal.

lmao Ideology is meaningless bro. What matters is people's material conditions. If you look at the history of Arab terrorism it was fairly secular in the 60s~70s. That's because arab countries are shitholes, the people there lead shitty lives. After decades of failure, the secular movements in those places became discredited and the people looked for a new ideology that would let them do the same things they were already doing.

The same is basically true for all religions and ideologies. You treat Christians like shit you get the Northern Ireland and Uganda. You treat Muslims like shit you get isis. If atheists really faced persecution, and not just "baaaaah someone said god bless me after I sneezed" you would get atheist terrorism.

It's all the same crap.
>>
There are plenty of Christian, Jewish and Buddhist groups which totally accept lgbt people.
There is nothing in Buddhist scripture which is anti - lgbt.
It's only fundamentalist Christians and Islam which are the real issue, let's be honest here.
>>
>>8597822
>lmao Ideology is meaningless bro. What matters is people's material conditions.
ideology is irrelevant, what really matters is [my ideology]

dope... dope...

question why arent most suicide bombers working class? why do many come from middle class backgrounds?
>>
>>8597822
You should probably ask yourself why you're so desperate to immediately knee-jerk and defend religon.

I mean, yeah, any given group will resort to terrorism if they get shit on hard enough. But terrorism is just one facet of things that are often done in the name of religion that aren't done in the name of atheism. You're still very rarely going to see atheist propaganda all over the place and have atheists aggressively trying to convert you. Sorry if all the fedora memes have you convinced otherwise, but that shit actually doesn't happen in real life. Religion, especially Abrahamic religion, is as popular as it is because it's a highly effective mind virus. "Go forth and multiply". Have a shit ton of kids and force the ideology on them, and then have them force the ideology on their kids. So on and so forth. Oh, and don't forget to force the ideology on everyone else too and rope some new converts into the club. Never ever question it and smear anyone who tries to as much as criticize it.

You can say 'lol fuck atheists fedora neckbeard faggots, they do it too', but that's only because you have no idea what you're talking about. Which really isn't surprising when you say stuff like
>You treat Christians like shit you get the Northern Ireland

Fucking gobshite.
>>
>>8597845
orthodox jews are full crazy

wont shake womens hands, hate gays, etc
>>
>>8597846
>question why arent most suicide bombers working class? why do many come from middle class backgrounds?

A better question would be, why aren't all social classes equally represented as suicide bombers? If it was all about ideology and not material conditions, we would expect relative quality between classes, but there aren't a whole lot of billionaires strapping C4 to their chests, are there?

>is as popular as it is because it's a highly effective mind virus

It's hilarious that when atheists try to analyse religion they basically created their own pseudoscience. How much do these mind viruses weigh? How do you measure them?

Religions spread through two main means, being appealing to the poor and economically advantageous to the rich. Christianity wasn't all crusades and inquisitions. Pagans seeking to migrate into Roman territory where given land in exchange for allowing their children to be baptised. Islam gained converts from the class of wealthy people who didn't want to pay the tax on non-believers.
>>
>>8597874
Never really met Jews, but still it's only really the Abrahamic religions which are largely anti-lgbt because it's part of their religions rules to be so.

I'm not saying other religions are perfect, but in other faiths anti-lgbt views are culturally based, and not scripturally supported.
>>
>>8597878
osama bin laden was a member of one of the richest families in saudi arabia (behind only the royal house of saud which is probably the richest family in the world)

so...
>>
>>8597845
>There are plenty of Christian, Jewish and Buddhist groups which totally accept lgbt people.
They aren't real.
>>
>>8597667
>religion is the reason people diss blanchard
>>
>>8597912
Yes, and as I recall he died in a raid on his compound, and not by blowing himself up in a crowded market or on a bus. One would think that based on his hiding for over a decade that he in fact didn't want to die.

Interesting that, how the people with the most stuff are the least wanting to die.
>>
>>8597667
I can understand butch women and gay men, but you flamboyant, pee-drinking, latex-wearing transvestites need to go back to the jungle until you evolve to be more civilized and proper.
>>
>>8597922
he organized suicide bombings...
>>
>>8597874
>wont shake womens hands
oh no how terrible!

as if child brides and hanging gays wasn't evil enough!
>>
>>8597927
He sure did. He organised the suicide bombings of people who were mainly lower and middle class. What billionaires did he send on suicide missions? If he was so religious, so extremist, he should have been chomping at the bit to blow himself up. Hell, it's a wonder he didn't fly one of the planes!
>>
>>8597878
>How much do these mind viruses weigh? How do you measure them?

I think you'll find that you're no better equipped to answer this question than I am or than anyone is. I don't really feel like getting into the whole mind-body problem thing. And I don't have to, because it was an analogy.

I like how you honed in one one little part of my argument though, ignoring absolutely everything else. You still failed to prove me wrong. You're claiming ideology is meaningless, as if it has no real effect on anyone whatsoever, but you can't actually back it up. Again, it's just your usual knee-jerk response to criticism of religion.

The funny thing is that, if you actually knew anything about religion, you wouldn't be saying all this shit. If you actually studied Christianity (for example), even in a casual way, you'd know the importance of 'spreading the good news' in the ideology. And you'd see the effect that it has on their behaviour. It's why there's so many of them and it's why they have so much propaganda going around. The religion, by it's very design, is meant to spread as much as it can. This is what I mean when I say it's a mind virus. In that way, you can't just say that the actual traits of this ideology are meaningless and basically identical to every other ideology out there when it's blatantly false. Atheism is just a stance really, it doesn't have that kind of viral nature built in. Even if you wanted to take a general rational skeptic outlook on life and call it atheism, it would also lack the same viral essence. Hell, you can take ideologies very different from rational skepticism; mystical ideologies like gnosticism or kaballah or various other kinds of magical systems that rely on esoteric knowledge, and their focus on only a select few being privy said knowledge makes them naturally less viral in nature.

I don't know what bizarre reality you're living in where the shit that people believe doesn't influence their actions.
>>
>>8597924
What about regular normal trans people?
>>
>>8597924
>you flamboyant, pee-drinking, latex-wearing transvestites need to go back to the jungle until you evolve to be more civilized and proper.
Along with 80% of humanity?
I don't think we have enough jungle left for that.
>>
>>8597960
You're explaining much less than you think you are. So Christianity and Islam are proselytising religions. So is Scientology. But Scientology isn't going to spread like the other two did, and that's because there's no economic incentive to join Scientology, while there are/were economic incentives to become Muslim or Christian. If you want to stop the spread of religion, maybe even roll its influence back, you have to improve people's material conditions. There's a reason why first world countries are on the whole less religious than third world countries. No amount of logical argumentation or skeptical analysis will get the bulk of the middle/lower classes to give up the one thing that makes their exploited existences bearable.
>>
>>8597945
he gave up a comfortable life to live in caves for decades to wage jihad i dont think you can really doubt his seriousness or dedication to his beliefs...

but please keep trying to force our nuanced and complex world into a dialectical materialist framework, its working great, i can feel the class consciousness forming around this thread as we type
>>
>>8598032
He gave up a spoiled billionaire's life to go lurk abandoned mansions in Afghanistan for decades to send other people off to die for him.

Like all figureheads, only worth was behind the front lines as a propaganda piece. And it got him killed for it.
>>
>>8598032
He lived a comfortable life in Afghanistan until 9/11, then lived in caves for a few months then fucked off to Pakistan to again live a comfortable life. I don't doubt the sincerity of his beliefs. What I'm pointing out is that to him, that comfortable life was worth more than being a martyr. Something he had no trouble sending other people to become.

In most cases, material conditions will trump ideology.
>>
>>8598007
I'm not even denying what your saying here. Obviously there are going to be economic facotrs. But you're outright denying that one ideology can be more or less destructive/annoying/shit than another.

I probably could have done with being more brief and just focusing on the last sentence that I wrote. You'd have to be fucking nuts to think that people's beliefs don't effect the way they behave. Economic status will too. But so will their ideology and core beliefs. I suspect that the only reason you're so strongly opposed to this is because you're dead set on being apologetic towards organised religion. I'm sorry if you seen one too many fedora atheist strawman pictures (which, funnily enough, often function as a kind of religious propaganda too) and actually started to buy into it, but you need to step back and take a more moderate approach to this.
>>
>>8598103
>But you're outright denying that one ideology can be more or less destructive/annoying/shit than another.

Give me a crime unique to a specific religion. Terrorism, slavery, forced conversions, genocide, conquest, homophobia, transphobia, exploitation, etc. Any religion big enough to do this shit will under the right conditions. What's more, secular ideologies have done and will do all of the above. Ideology literally does not matter. It's wallpaper.
>>
>>8597667
'lgbt rights' and 'abortion'...lmfao. Those are such bullshit things to support. So-called 'lgbt rights' are just a way to single gays out by law as special over others just because of the choice to chase the same sex. What makes that even more laughable is the fact that 'black lives matter' are now more important than 'lgbt people' since they are now more of a victim than 'lgbt' people so they shutdown so-called 'pride' parades. LMFAO!! Lets diss the fact that you didn't choose to take a death by dignity cocktail and abort yourself. If you believe in global warming you will save the planet! LMFAO! STFU fucktard and go back to being a miserable homosexual among other miserable homosexuals and leave the conversation to the adults since 'lgbt' people never grow up.
>>
>>8598201
>So-called 'lgbt rights' are just a way to single gays out by law as special over others just because of the choice to chase the same sex.
This. Real LGBT rights means no laws biased against us, not special treatment. But the "progressive" left has perverted that and the concept of rights, to the point that if you support equality you are homophobic and transphobic and an Uncle Tom if you are LGBT yourself.

>What makes that even more laughable is the fact that 'black lives matter' are now more important than 'lgbt people' since they are now more of a victim than 'lgbt' people so they shutdown so-called 'pride' parades.
Karma. We let the left control us and wield us as a weapon to offend the right and happily went along with it in exchange for special treatment, and now our punishment is seeing the kind of allies we allowed ourselves to have. to get the same treatment we were used to inflict on others.

Blacks are the most homophobic and transphobic society in America, murdered gays and trans women are black because it's other black people who kill them, but instead the left pretends black LGBT people suffer more because of white racism. Our own victimhood is used to cast our murderers as the real victims and we brought it on ourselves.
>>
>>8598180
suicide bombing civilians

i dont even have to specify which religion, that should be your first hint that you are wrong
>>
boop
>>
>>8597680
Heaven always dropkicks you with the rebound afterwards, don't you dare forget that just because you may be able to build hell very effectively.
>>
Ehh, just treat religions like permissive societies treat vice, and we'd be better off. Some people can enjoy religion responsibly, others get addicted and will ruin lives with it.

I'd like to see people stigmatize adults pushing religions onto children the same way we stigmatize adults pushing kids onto alcohol.
>>
People can be good or bad without religion, but religion encorages people to have faith in things they have no evidence for, which is a bad idea that only leads to people being able to justify whatever stupid illogical ideas they have about the world.

Do away with them all, they are a negative influence on humanity
>>
File: 1480294952781.jpg (15KB, 480x359px) Image search: [Google]
1480294952781.jpg
15KB, 480x359px
>>8597667
>abortion rights
Single reason why I support this is because it's the single biggest death cause for black people.
>>
>>8598066
He also fought the Russians like a fucking champ, let's not forget that. By all accounts he was a brilliant and ferocious fighter, and the fact that he simply survived fighting the Beast that was the USSR in Afghanistan says a lot.
>>8598279
This is an insightful post. Every negative experience I've had because I was gay was with a black person. I had a very good friend who was black that discovered I was gay, and he called me a giant homo and never spoke to me again. I broke a guy's jaw in a club because he accused me of staring at his girl, which I informed him wouldn't make since since I was into dudes, and he freaked out, called me a faggot and tried to hit me with a bottle. I'd have gotten jumped if I hadn't been there with 7 other guys who jumped in as soon as his hood rat friends started to come towards me. I had a middle aged black woman tell me and a boyfriend that we were going to Hell for being gay in line at a Wal-Mart, to which I responded that even the Pope said that wasn't true. She actually said, "Fuck the Pope, I know what's right and wrong, and y'all are wrong."

I think I pissed her off when I told her to have a blessed day.
>>
>>8597667
"If your son prophesieses, stab him till he's dead" Zechariah 13:3
"It's okay to kill people if they don't believe in God" 2 Chronicles 15:12-13
"It's okay to hit your slaves as long as they don't die" Exodus 21:20-21
"It's okay to kill babies and rape women in God's name" Isaiah 13:15-18
"Slaves should serve their masters as they would Christ" Ephesians 6:5
"If your child hits you, they must die" Exodus 21:15
"Let's kill our enemies, except the virgin girls. We'll keep them for ourselves wether they like it or not" Numbers 31:7-18
"If you rape a woman she has to marry you" Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Praise our forgiving and reasonable God
>>
Anyone here who was raised Mormon?
>>
>>8607067
I am so glad I live in a white area.
>>
>>8607067
>ask to see her manager next time
>get her fired for harassing customers
It was that easy, anon
>>
>>8606947
Offer them free sterilization.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.