[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HIV general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: hiv.gif (52KB, 535x422px) Image search: [Google]
hiv.gif
52KB, 535x422px
/lgbt/ I don't know where else to go for this so I figured this was the best place.

I've had HIV for about a year and a half and I'm still relatively healthy as far as CD4+ counts go, but I can't afford medication and am considering trying to self medicate with a HAART antiretroviral cocktail with pills I can buy through AntiViral Medicaid coverage. Someone else here has to be dealing with the same thing, so here's the thread.

Relevant PDF: https://pharmacy.medicaid.ohio.gov/sites/default/files/AVAILABLE.pdf
Page 36 lists the Antivirals. Is this a stupid idea? I know I have to take multiple for the virus to not evolve and replicate, but I may just fuck my liver and die before it progresses to AIDS anyway.
>>
pls respond
>>
It's not the same, and you'll just be killing your liver while allowing the HIV to spread unimpeded. Look into nonprofit organizations that can help pay for HIV coverage.
>>
>get hiv
>better drink my piss
>>
i'm sorry you're going through this. i personally know it's no fun. the anti retro virals will make your tummy hurt, and you know about the liver damage. it's good you're knowledgeable as you are! don't give up or get lazy! get yourself truvada and some income-based insurance coverage. (in washington the doctors are handing out truvada ("the prep") scripts to any /lgbt/ who is at high risk of infection and asks for it...

the actual cure is not ready for mainstream.....so your goal needs to be staying alive and healthy until it's ready. (consider it fake because this is old news https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4576177/

unrelated:
>ohio.gov
that state is kicking ass in health care.
>>
>>8597116
Is Truvada still effective against the virus after someone has already contracted it? I know it's the staple PrEP pill, but is it okay to take by itself to help treat HIV? I know it's a Fixed-Dose Combination drug, but isn't it usually combined with other Protease and Transcriptase Inhibitors?

ty for help though!
>>
>>8596790
>but I can't afford medication
Good thing the US is spending taxpayer's money on skidmark flags, affirmative action and preventing consensual sex if money changes hands! It's not like keeping LGBT people alive and healthy matters!
>>
>>8597284
Why save thousands of lives when you can build a single bomb worth the same price to instead take lives? Priorities, ma man.
>>
>>8597116
>that state is kicking ass in health care.
We have to make up for the heroin overdose somehow.
>>
>>8597707
>save lives and leave the whole country defenseless
>>
>>8597862
The estimated lifetime cost of treatment for HIV is $300,000. a single 300mm MRL artillery missile is $12,000,000.
One missile can treat 40 people for life, no insurance, nothing at all. 12 million in Gilead's pocket for drug research. Put the price of this single missile into a fund such as Medicaid to assist payments, and it will extend to hundreds or thousands of people covered for year. For one rocket. These are usually launched in batches of 50 upon places where there may be suspected insurgent activity. $600,000,000.00 launched at nothing in the desert. The yearly US budget for domestic and international HIV spending is 34 billion. ~1.5% of all HIV research spent on blowing up sand. Yeah, our country will be very defenseless without all that sand.
>>
>>8596790
Just get your body temperature to hit 100 degrees Celsius for about an hour and any trace of HIV in your body is gone.
>>
>>8597966
>One missile can treat 40 people for life, no insurance, nothing at all.
One correctly placed missile could have saved 3,000 lives.
>>
>>8597995
Depends how many it takes out. Could be an even tradeoff.
>>
>>8598044
What do you mean?
>>
>>8598061
1 life = 1 life
>>
>>8598076
So if we spend that $300,000 to neither save 40 hiv victims nor kill 40 islams we are 80 lives up for a cost of $0!

Bargain!
>>
>>8598084
Better than wasting it on a single missile. I'll take it.
>>
>>8598112
Hopefully you'll be first in line for the Pulse 2.0 you want to happen so much.
>>
File: wut.png (86KB, 450x405px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
86KB, 450x405px
>>8598153
>>
>>8598173
Everyone who doesn't support extravagant military spending actually supports Islamic terrorism according to /pol/.
>>
>>8597966
You deserve AIDS, if you were responsible with sex, you would be clean but no; your a hypersexual nigger
>>
>>8599016
Not that anyone cares, but I got HIV from literally the first person I ever had sex with whom showed me their STD screening test results that were two months old and claimed to be non sexually active in those two months. I should have used a condom, yes, but now that I have it I can't exactly rewind time. So now my choices are to spend an exorbitant amount of money on medication so that I may actually live, or die of AIDS despite HIV being "treatable" for decades.
Moral of the story: Never have sex I guess.
>>
>>8600405
>exorbitant amount of money on medication
Do you not have insurance?
>>
>>8600734
I make $12 an hour. I choose medication or homelessness.
>>
So of all the homosexuals on here, not a single person has contracted HIV? Interesting.
>>
>>8600759
u need to find a friend who gets obamacare free truvada and is willing to send it in the mail.

i'm assuming you have tried to get on the ACA but make too much money to get free medicine coverage?

i wonder if u can buy it from one of those countries that quit paying patent/royalty fees? (india / africa)

>anon wants to live
>the money system is fucked up

ahem....

salam alakeum
>>
>>8597270
It's an excellent way to evolve hiv to be immune to prep.
>>
>>8602440
Yeah, that's what i figured. If taken at all, Truvada is typically taken as a triple cocktail to prevent mutation and resistance. I'm definitely going to at least go to a doctor and get the correct medicine names before I decide to try anything rash.
>>
>>8600405
>I got HIV from literally the first person I ever had sex with whom showed me their STD screening test results that were two months old and claimed to be non sexually active in those two months
why do people do this?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.