[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In regards to gender dysphoria, how do you know what's denial

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_ojfdd0KYHD1si0kwmo1_500.jpg (98KB, 493x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ojfdd0KYHD1si0kwmo1_500.jpg
98KB, 493x750px
In regards to gender dysphoria, how do you know what's denial and what isn't?
Throughout my day to day life, I encounter feelings within me that compel me to become a girl. I go shopping online for clothes and end up browsing the woman's section even though I know full well that none of it will actually fit me properly. And I recently started trying to develop a woman's voice, in private. What started off as a purely sexual interest where I would tell myself "I don't actually want to be a girl, it's just a sex thing" (crossdressing/agp(?) fetish), has seeped into my everyday 'stream of thought' and become a very real urge to become more woman-like. I can't make heads or tails of what's going on in my unconscious mind that's making me change so drastically. I tried saying it aloud to myself: "I'm a transgirl, I am a transgender individual" etc but I can't say for certain that it felt gratifying to hear those words. I feel like even something like voice training or dressing like a girl, on the surface appears like a trans alarm, but what if I just relish the theatrical aspect of it all. Am I just making excuses, I don't know anymore. At the moment, I'm just saying yes to the urges and going with it as far as makes me comfortable.

tldr I'm a sad confused about my gender dude
pls respond
>>
>>8595386
Honestly there's no right answer. We know far too little of the trans condition to tell what causes it or if it's a "real thing".

Do you have problems living your daily life as a man? Do you feel like you need to consciously keep up a manly image to other people? Are you sure it's not some other mental issue that is distorting your mind?
>>
>>8595890
>Do you have problems living your daily life as a man?
Yes sometimes I find it bothersome and get sad about it
Do you feel like you need to consciously keep up a manly image to other people?
I do try to act more manly than I am
Are you sure it's not some other mental issue that is distorting your mind?
I have BPD so I have no idea if it's just BPD fucking with me
>>
>>8596129
Try androgen blockers. You'll know quickly if you don't like them.
>>
>>8595386
You're dysphoric. The sexual thing is a cause of dysphoria in general. Basically all people with intense amounts of the sexual thing find the thought of being the opposite sex appealing.
>>
>>8597467
(You may or may not benefit from transition depending on all sorts of things, most obviously the intensity of your dysphoria. You're not trans of you don't transition.)
>>
>>8595386
sounds like a page from my diary
no one wants to be trans, its a terrible realization, but if you want to be fem so much - do it, and consider yourself lucky that you dont have the kind of strong dysphoria that drives you to suicide

>>8596917
spoiler: they suck
but estrogen is so much fun, if you ever wanted to know why the girls are so giggly...
>>
>>8595890
Living my daily life as a man, not at all. When I look at myself in the mirror, I feel a desire to look like a girl and actively try to achieve that look but I'm actually terrified of being seen as a woman. Socially, I'm still comfortable being a man and being seen as one. I feel as if the manly persona is all that's really there. It's not like there's a girl inside of me waiting to come out, in my case. I want to be a girl but it's not as if I already am that girl somewhere in my subconscious. I would have to develop the traits and mannerisms of a girl in order to express myself as a girl but I think that's all learned behaviour and not something I could innately possess. Like it's not that I have to keep up a manly image because I've been shaped into being a man all my life, so it's the only image I know.
>>
>>8597467
>>8597470
Ok I see where you're coming from. Transition is just one solution to dysphoria. I always associated gender dysphoria directly with being trans and made that leap ignorantly. This has actually helped me to visualise my problem more and understand what I should be thinking about.
>>
>>8595386
Instead of saying "I'm a transgirl, I am a transgender individual" say "I am a girl" and see how that makes you feel instead.

While there is nothing to be ashamed of being a "transgirl" its not something you are proud of either.

The whole time I was transitioning I never said to myself or anyone else I am a transgender. I always said I was a girl. And if there was an occasion where my birth gender would come to the order. I would simply say I was born with male parts without addressing transgenderism directly.
>>
>>8598074
>I would have to develop the traits and mannerisms of a girl in order to express myself as a girl but I think that's all learned behaviour and not something I could innately possess.
On some level all who transition have to go through this. Even if you were very GNC you'd still have a lot to learn to blend in as the other gender.

>I want to be a girl but it's not as if I already am that girl somewhere in my subconscious
>Like it's not that I have to keep up a manly image because I've been shaped into being a man all my life, so it's the only image I know.
I've felt this way as well but once you let yourself discover yourself again you might be surprised how much you've repressed in the attempt to present male to the society.

But before all that you have to figure out for yourself if you can live as a man for the rest of your life or if you'd rather transition.
>>
>>8595386
You can only get a statistical answer which means there's not concrete answer based on one individual. Statistically you can see that many people here are in denial. It's very likely that internalized stigma convinces people they can only express themselves if they're women.
If a lot of male expression wasn't considered socially taboo I doubt you would see as many men become failed trannies.
>>
>>8598328
>If a lot of male expression wasn't considered socially taboo I doubt you would see as many men become failed trannies.
This actually makes a lot of sense. What you're allowed to be as a man in this modern world is still incredibly limited. Women were freed from their traditional role, they got their rights and their freedom. Men never did.

One exception would be flamboyant faggots but not everyone want's to be one.
>>
>>8598430
I guess the stigma of "flamboyant faggots" speaks completely to the rigidity of male expression.
>>
>>8598430
A lot of these modern mtfg trannies are very concerned with biological sex neutral things. They want to be sexually submissive, they want to wear feminine clothes, they want jewelry, they want gamer girl prestige, makeup, headpats, compliments and so on and so forth. It's only a superficial coincidence that our society stigmatizes those things and indoctrinates people in to thinking you're a failed man if you like that stuff.
Because it's such a taboo in their mind they struggle with desiring those things in their life but the only way they can envision being allowed to have those things is if they were female. That's probably why a lot of them are masculine before transition and then become some kind of weird twink hon stuck in transition limbo.
Whatever the true essential female identity thing is in the brain they never actually had it.
>>8598458
I'm interested in what is happening in the east now because it seems like cross dressing male expression is becoming more socially acceptable there than transgender issues.
>>
>>8598458
>>8598529
But what the fuck do you do as a guy who doesn't fall in to the small box that is a man in the western society but who also isn't trans or a flamboyant faggot or gay at all? My life has been ass for the last 5 or so years.
>>
>>8598646
Just do you or move somewhere else.
>>
>>8598646
If I'm understanding your problem correctly: experiment and see what makes you feel better. You don't need to be one extreme or the other. It's just about finding the right balance (both in your appearance and mannerisms) that suits you. What do you feel is preventing you from being comfortable with yourself?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.