[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Cloud Strife the first transgender main character in a video game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: 1442539391143.jpg (98KB, 811x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1442539391143.jpg
98KB, 811x1023px
Was Cloud Strife the first transgender main character in a video game?
>>
>>8595379
He was crossdressing not trans you drumb tranny fuck.
>>
>>8596316
Idk I think the subtext made it very clear that itnawoke something within him.
>>
File: poison.jpg (94KB, 464x585px) Image search: [Google]
poison.jpg
94KB, 464x585px
baka kids these days

final fight was like a decade before FF7
>>
>>8596421
>Implying poison is a main character.
>Implying the reason poison didn't become a "man" was because people in the west didn't like the idea of a woman being beaten in a game.

Google poison story and you will understand, internet memes aside she's a girl and the jap devs decided to just say "it's a transvestite you guys can beat it now don't worry!" and americans said, nice!
>>
Wasn't Cloud extremely not okay with it though?

I've never played FF7, by the way.
>>
>>8596437
>and the jap devs decided to just say "it's a transvestite you guys can beat it now don't worry!" and americans said, nice!
>transwomen are men so you can beat them and it's fine
Just to think that most people probably still think like this.
>>
>>8596540
Well, it allowed them to get the game in the US market back then else it was going to be censored lel.
>>
I really wonder how they're gonna pull this off in the remake. Like, I can't think of a way for Square Enix to have a crossdressing Cloud in 3d without him looking like an utterly cringey hon.
>>
>>8596590
>Cloud in 3d without him looking like an utterly cringey hon.

Nigga, he's literally lightning with a more feminine face.
Like, lightning is the anorexic hon version of cloud with pink hair.
>>
>>8596590
Most of their main characters look like they are part female. I don't think they will have a problem.
>>
File: female+cloud.jpg (25KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
female+cloud.jpg
25KB, 500x280px
>>8596604
Check also this shopped version where they took the advent children cloud and put on longer hair / purple dress.
They didn't even change the face.

I'm more worried about them fucking up Red XIII and Barret hand than cloud being a hon.
>>
File: 2uhrck0.jpg (145KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2uhrck0.jpg
145KB, 1600x900px
One last for good measure because I'm kinda laughing here when both are on the same picture.

I will let you anons be the judges.
>>
The real question is whynis ff7 getting a remake when FF9 WAS THE BEST FINAL FANTASY EVER MADE!
>>
>>8596635
This t b h
FF9 remake when?
>>
>>8596333
Kek.
>>8596421
This.
>>
>>8596635
Agreed.
>>
>>8595379
I thought it was well accepted cloud is pre-hrt lightning
>>
File: A journey full of laughter.jpg (16KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
A journey full of laughter.jpg
16KB, 292x257px
>>8597175
>>
>>8596604
>>8596629
>Cloud has a more feminine face than Lightning

Cloud's face is notably more angular than Lightning's. Compare that picture and it's pretty obvious.

>>8597175
Her name is Claire, too. I can totally see Cloud transitioning and keeping the "Cl" part.
>>
>>8596437
>Google poison story and you will understand, internet memes aside she's a girl and the jap devs decided to just say "it's a transvestite you guys can beat it now don't worry!" and americans said, nice!
She was trans from the get go.

If you put even 5 seconds of thought into it "We made her a transvestite because America" is an incredibly stupid theory
>>
>>8597339
Well, lightning strikes from a cloud so...
>>
File: Vega.png (1MB, 725x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Vega.png
1MB, 725x1100px
>>8597398
What about Vega?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.