[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are TERFs right about transmen only wanting to transition to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: tumblr_nhs12fyTBv1qgj9ilo1_500.jpg (104KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhs12fyTBv1qgj9ilo1_500.jpg
104KB, 500x750px
Are TERFs right about transmen only wanting to transition to escape female oppression and sexist body expectations for women?
>>
anecdotally all the transmen i've heard about this from disagree vehemently
>>
File: 90385.png (524KB, 766x658px) Image search: [Google]
90385.png
524KB, 766x658px
>>8594412
Most trans men actually expect and demand that sort of oppressive and sexist behavior out of their cis woman and trans woman peers.
>>
>>8594412
Personally, I never directly experienced any such oppression and there has been no notable change in my interactions with other people since transitioning.

I transitioned to escape dysphoria, other people are gonna be full of fuck no matter what I do with my me.
>>
Yeah , but then they realize that expectations for the average male suck so they end up either de-transitioning or being gay. Cause by being with a man they feel less of a failure since they are the top's bitch.
>>
Literally just rephrasing, "Did you transition because you're an ugly, failed woman?"

I've known trans guys who were ugly as shit, and trans guys who quite literally won beauty pageants pre-transition.

No.

>>8594442
>sexual orientation is a result of how successful you feel as your gender
Do you apply this dumbass idea to cis gay men too?

Sage for a shit thread.
>>
>>8594412
>Are TERFs right
No. They are failed women who live in constant fear and should never be listen to.
>>
>>8594412
Of course not
Humans are more complex than that
Go the fuck outside and talk to people
>>
>>8594412
>Are TERFs right about transwomen wanting to transition to escape male oppression and sexist expectations for men?
Yes.

Oh wait, they aren't saying that.
>>
>>8594588
They believe transwomen are sexual predators who are aroused by the idea of being a woman.
>>
>>8594412
Are you Collin? Isn't this hypocritical?
>>
>>8594461
>Do you apply this dumbass idea to cis gay men too?
yes yes they do
>>
File: 1456207730112.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1456207730112.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
>>8594412
Yes. it's the same damn principle as transwomen only wanting to transition to escape a dead, sterile world of nothing but computers and oppressive hateful expectations for the "cognitively advantaged".
>>
>>8596222
>wanting to transition to escape a dead, sterile world of nothing but computers and oppressive hateful expectations for the "cognitively advantaged"
Is transitioning just something I've convinced myself in my head being the answer to this instead of me truly feeling like a woman inside? I thought that keeping to myself spending most of my time on the computer was a way to escape the reality (of me being trans). I'm confused.
>>
File: IMG_0180.jpg (120KB, 696x520px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0180.jpg
120KB, 696x520px
>>
>>8596313
How would you actually be able to see the prospect of living as a woman as itself? How would you construe it in any way except as synonymous with escape from the hateable life you're presently stuck with?

If the mind crushing crescendo of distractions and digital-wow was ever disrupted, the world would change so much that those people presently being pushed into escaping reality (ie. the most deviously persecuted) would find themselves in such a profoundly different situation that transition would not even be a dillema, the many components of the issue would be split up with more options for each aspect of it, if they even were still problems!
>>
>>8596376
>If the mind crushing crescendo of distractions and digital-wow was ever disrupted
It was disrupted for me personally for the first time in a few years which is what caused me to start questioning and I literally can't stop thinking about the entire issue of transitioning, wanting to be woman and could I do it.

How do I stop escaping reality but still stay sane and accept that I am male by birth?
>>
>>8596455
It being disrupted" for you personally" is nothing like if it was actually, generally disrupted for the population. it would be a completely different feeling, a flat out opposite one, to see everybody else feeling the kinds of things you've felt back then.

And of course, it would also involve a fading away of the particular, contrived, dreamified societal image of a woman that pulls at so many.

And you're just being wantontly demanding, expecting to stop reality, giving the finger to escaping reality in far less poisonous, unnatural ways.
>>
>>8594412
No, TERFs are fucking retarded.
>>
>>8596332
Friendly reminder that psychology is not a hard science. You cannot measure "AGP".
>>
>>8596332
Literal retardation.

I declared myself a boy as a small child; I was not "escaping" trauma. How on earth would I have conceived of "escaping" trauma by becoming the opposite sex when I thought of myself as male from earliest memory (around 2ish)? All I remember thinking was that I was "Like" Dad and "Not-Like" Mom, and I imagined I would grow up to be exactly like my father. I adored my mom, but I didn't ever imagine I would grow up to be a woman...not like her, not like anyone female at all. The people who are going to tell me that children can't transition because they don't know their own gender yet are probably the same goddamn people who would tell me that I conceptualized changing gender roles as an "escape" from female oppression at fucking 24 months old.

The "butch lesbian" thing is also pretty funny. I'm pretty sure it does happen that some very masculine women get talked into thinking they're trans. But I got this, "maybe you're just a lesbian?" shit from my high school guidance counselor. She kept telling me not to rush into anything, because I would probably just realize I was a dyke. "Well, I like dick, so that's probably not going to happen."

It's like trying to explain to someone that grass isn't red. There's probably nothing you can do to get across to someone whose worldview is so fundamentally backwards that they really believe that grass is red as a starting point.
>>
>>8596332
This is even more retarded than I thought.
>>
...what?
No, dysphoria is quite literally the only reason. I was never abused or raped like some people try to tout around. Besides, I made a pretty terrible woman anyway.
>>
>>8597143
Heh, yeah, feminism is like that a lot.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.