[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Detransitioner stories/ thought I was trans but am actually cis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 1498812444131.png (72KB, 640x274px) Image search: [Google]
1498812444131.png
72KB, 640x274px
So I currently have an appointment in a month to talk to my psych about gender stuff but I was wondering if anyone here could share their stories about when they thought they were trans but then later found out they weren't? I'm not a TERF or anything, I just want to find detrans stories that arent politically motivated because those don't really help in trying to figure out whether I have gender dysphoria or body dysmorphia that isn't connected to gender.
Pic moderately related
>>
>>8589586
"Trans" isn't a discrete thing. Some people are dysphoric and transition, some people are dysphoric and don't transition, and from both groups there are those who regret what they chose and those who don't.
>>
One of the biggest things to identify is if you're actually not trans and if you regret transitioning because you're actually cis; or if you ARE trans but regret transitioning because it's made your life more difficult or something like that.

I had a stretch around 6 months into my transition (now about 2.5 years) where my life was getting a lot worse due to transition (main issue was that I came out to my family and that went horribly) and I wound up seriously depressed and wondering if transition was worth it and if I was actually transgender. Personally after some introsection and therapy I figured that I was still trans and that detransition wouldn't help anything *in my case*. So I stuck with it and my life has been a lot better over the last year than I feel it would have been if I detransitioned.

So yeah, that's the biggest question to answer yourself. Remember that there's nothing that prevents you from changing your mind later on either. If you feel like you need to stop transition for a bit to see how it feels, you can always go back to it if you want, or stay stopped if you want.

Good luck <3
>>
>>8589715
>if you're actually not trans and if you regret transitioning because you're actually cis; or if you ARE trans but regret transitioning because it's made your life more difficult or something like that
How do you tell the difference?

>Personally after some introsection and therapy I figured that I was still trans and that detransition wouldn't help anything *in my case*.
How did introspection and therapy impart this knowledge to you?
>>
>>8589728
>How do you tell the difference?

Do you want to be a boy or a girl?
>>
I'm a detransitioner. I'm afab, began to transition to male because I didn't feel like a pretty little princesss like I thought a woman had to be. I realized pretty quickly once I started taking T that it wasn't the fix I was looking for and so I stopped and went back to living as a woman/femme nb person. I don't know honestly why I thought being a man would solve my problems, it's just that I could never see myself in the traditional female role. My mom and my two sisters are traditional kinda women, homemaker types who like pretty things and I don't really know what I'm rambling about. Anyways if you don't hate your body and desperately want the physical characteristics of the opposite sex you probably aren't trans.
>>
>>8589586
i have two friends who de'trans'd.

they both say they are grateful for the chance to experiment, even if those experiments didn't have the results they expected.
>>
>>8589741
A girl

>>8589748
>it's just that I could never see myself in the traditional female role.
I can't see myself in the traditional male role.
>>
My ex gf forced me to transition cause she didnt like the idea of dating a girl. Didn't take enough hormones to make me look like a dude, but still emotionally scarred from it. It was probably one of the most horrendous experiences ive been through
>>
>>8590093
greentext. now.
>>
>>8590093
How did she do that?

How did it affect you?
>>
>>8590093
>>8589748
lol all the actual responses are ftm. So neither of you actually had dysphoria really, did you?
>>
>>8590212
>all the actual responses are ftm
just proves that life really is better as a woman
>>
>>8589586
We literally don't know where the feelings of trans come from so nobody can really confirm or deny it for you. Only you yourself can truly know and even then it's a shitshow because brains are how they are.
>>
>>8590212
that's a meme. they transition ftm bc they're butch and then go feminist and detrans because they learned "it's ok to be a tomboy <3,3,<<#<3,<333" You never see it happen MTFTM because there are no good communities for femmy guys, so they're almost always just happier female even if they could have been fine as a faggy dude if not for societal judgment
>>
File: 20170713_172141.png (135KB, 500x328px) Image search: [Google]
20170713_172141.png
135KB, 500x328px
>>8590177
> be me at 19, just recently come out as lesbian after repressing it my entire life
> very confused about my identity as i am young and not typically female/feminine
> try seeing how i felt changing my gender expression/ presenting a bit more fluid
> meet girl who hangs out with the tumblr crowd
> she is convinced that i am supposed to be male
> we start dating and when we get closer she makes fun of my hair when its too long/forces me to cut it shorter and buys me binders saying it makes her uncomfy when she can see my breasts
> forces me to cut contact with friends and family because they dont respect new identity that was thrust upon me
> sees baby/kid/high school pics of me and says they make her feel sick
> i genuinely feel like maybe shes right and i go to a psych
> talk about feelings of confusion etc they say i am trans (despite feeling little to no dysphoria)
> take 2 shots of moans over the course of a few months (low dosage spread apart cause i have an auto immune disease that could impact it blah blah)
> she decides she doesnt like me anymore after having a party with her sjw friends one night
> cheats on me
> i get extremely depressed and go into shock cause i realise wtf have i done im not trans
> become unable to leave house for 6 months and lose 15 kg + stress/malnourishment/suicidal thoughts etc
> cant look myself in the mirror properly for 3 years
> only just getting over it now, but still have post trauma symptoms and legit get into panic attacks when i think i see her in public
> 2017---> met qt gf who loves me for ME and doesnt try to change a single thing about me
>>
>>8591604
Wow, that was pretty abusive. I'm really glad you've found someone better.
>>
>>8591604

what a cunt, if karma is real it sure knows who it'll bite real hard in the asshole
>>
File: 1496705632125.jpg (83KB, 1024x518px) Image search: [Google]
1496705632125.jpg
83KB, 1024x518px
>>8591604
Don't worry anon, we're here for you.
>>
>love pretty things
>start cd’ing
>read about trans
>start girlmode
>passable
>life is no better, but worse b/c trappings of trans life

Passing as a fem irl didn't fix me
cis male is easy mode
Just going to be a fem guy and move on w life
>>
>>8591604
I want to _hug_ you.
wow
>>
>>8591604

That's so fucking awful. What a shitty person.
Did you ever hear again from her? Did she apologise after cheating?
I am trying to get my head around how someone can be so fucking shitty a person under the guise of acceptance.

I wish you all the best really!
>>
>>8592020
>>8592511
>>8591873
>>8591630
>>8591890
Thanks guys :v
And honestly never heard from her apart from her telling me the day after that she never wanted to see me again lool. Honestly such a heartless cunt, i heard on the grapevine that she attempted to do the same to the person she dated after me
>>
File: 1499368206013.png (166KB, 438x503px) Image search: [Google]
1499368206013.png
166KB, 438x503px
>>8592834
What a total bitch
>>
Detransitioning must be the ultimate social defeat
>>
File: image.jpg (53KB, 528x776px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 528x776px
>>8592009
>>8589586
I'm maybe one -even though I never transitioned-
Are you really okay with stopping all meds and turning into a hon/caveman thing?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.