[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

shame and respect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

So /lgbt/, i've accepted who i am after a lot of "soul searching". I've been seeing a gender therapist for a few months, and i finally feel safe enough to transition and stop repressing.

...but there is just one thing i cant quit get past, the shame with being transgender. Maybe its becouse of the bullying for being fem as a kid, or my step father who used to beat my mom and tought me that women are "lesser", but i just cant stop having these thoughts scratch at the back of my head that im going to filled with shame for presenting as a female. Maybe because i live in the country, but women ARE second class citizens as far as people are concerned. I've never met a woman in power, and the women at my work are restricted to answering phones and "light work".

How can i get passed this internalized shame and fear of revealing myself to people who respect me?
>>
>>8585877
>and the women at my work are restricted to answering phones and "light work".
And men do all the shit that gets them injured or killed. Poor second class women.
>>
>>8585877
Slowly. One piece of clothing, one piece of mannerism, one vocal shift at a time, one addition of makeup at a time.

And you're right, you're probably going to be a second (or third) class citizen. Ironically enough, like the shortest son of your picrel. That's just the hand we're dealt. It you can, try to improve the lot of women in your nation. It's definitely something other women could get behind, provided you're not in a place that'll get you killed.

But slowly acclimate yourself, like a slightly chilly but crystal clear pool or lake. By the time everyone realizes what's going on, you won't mind nearly as much.
>>
>>8585947
i've already started lol, and have come out to a lot of girls i know, and my male roommate. I just feel like, life is already purty hard - just being a fem male i have to deal with old men making fun of me at the bar, and being terrified every time i go to the corner store full of black people. But im just really afraid of what will happen at work. Im pretty much garanteed employee of the year, as well as a promotion to manager. But i have NO IDEA how they'll react. I know the women are all fine with it, they've suspected for a while since i don't talk to them like the guys, but the owners of my company are three Trump voting conservatives. I can't lose this job because i have mortgage. I think im just going to try and hide it at work or something. But its going to be hard to tell people what to do without the intimidation factor.
>>
if you're worried about losing your job, start documenting your accolades and what not at work, as well as your transition progress. document every conversation that might seem important at work so you can make a case for a discrimination lawsuit and make big money in the case that they fire you
>>
>>8586080
Are you so naive? If a company got a decent HR manager, he'll find 100 000 ways to fire a person without being related to sexual attitude.
>>
>>8586080
>retarded tripfag thinks corporations can't get away with firing people for any reason at all
>>
>>8586107
>>8586117
never mind don't even attempt to be able to seek legal recourse just take it like a bitch my bad
>>
File: 1498457109703.jpg (59KB, 635x634px) Image search: [Google]
1498457109703.jpg
59KB, 635x634px
look, I'm a cis girl and while I welcome anyone who wants to count in the ranks of female with open arms, you should be aware that male to female is a downgrade. In most cultures, women rely on their most important tool- sexual power- to get anywhere in life. Of course, this power still requires manipulating someone stronger than you and not actual internal strength. Even Eve had to manipulate Adam, it's just seen as the womanly way. That's why men will never have equal respect for us, whether we're trans or cis. Women channel power, they don't create it. That shame you're feeling is something that all women feel deep at their core. It's the shame of being seen in society as half man, half child. We have it best in the Western world, too. In a lot of countries women are free to beat, mutilate, silence, and own. It's been that way since the beginning of the species.

Good luck with your transition, though. My best advice for dealing with this is just to focus on building up yourself, work on the things that give you meaning without other people's involvement. I like to paint and write, and do martial arts. It's different for every woman, though. You could try burying yourself in Snapchat filters to find inner peace, like a lot of chicks do.
>>
>>8586142
>>8586117
yea, my company had me sign a paper when i first starting stating they could fire me at anytime lol. The only reason i got hired in the first place was because they thought i was smarter than the average guy when i asked them if a piece of equipment they had used atmospheric pressure in conjunction with a vacuum to compress their product.

>>8586148
>you should be aware that male to female is a downgrade
i know. I feel like i've been in a constant struggle trying to justify going one way or another, and each time i "repress", it creeps its way back into my life the moment im finally getting happy and comfortable. The only thing i can hope for, is that im somehow clever enough to worm my way into a position that others cant fill.

And thanks for the advice. Something thats helped me a lot in all this, is to stop seeing women as lesser. I was tough that they were basically property to have kids and keep the house clean, which was very conflicting since i wanted to go out there and "do stuff". When my views on women changed, and i started spending a lot more time with them, i recognized that they're not much different than men, and do have a lot more expectations riding on them for how to act and stuff than men. Even my best friend tells me he wants a harem of girls, and that they're purpose is to please men, asking why i would ever want to be one.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.