[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trans people are biologically intersex once they transition;

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: biologywebbanner.jpg (42KB, 1180x346px) Image search: [Google]
biologywebbanner.jpg
42KB, 1180x346px
Trans people are biologically intersex once they transition; they are not biologically what they started out as.

Fight me.
>>
>>8585508
That's technically true but nobody uses "intersex" right in the first place.

XXX and XYY syndrome aren't intersex for example.
>>
>>8585508
Yes, except that trans people are already neurologically intersex at birth.
>>
>>8585548
Nobody calls XXXs or XYYs intersex because they aren't. Having an extra y chromosome doesn't make you female, and having an extra X doesn't make you male.

On a phenotypal level trisomies and XYYs are normal for their natal sex. Most never go diagnosed. They are basically normal.
>>
>>8585568
this is what we have been trying to tell people for years on this board but just watch this thread get derailed.
>>
>>8585583
http://www.who.int/genomics/gender/en/index1.html
>Intersex is defined as a congenital anomaly of the reproductive and sexual system.
The WHO define intersex to include things that aren't.

>On a phenotypal level trisomies and XYYs are normal for their natal sex.
That's not true, but that's the point: the abnormalities don't make them intersex.
>>
>>8585629
>That's not true

85% of XYYs and 90% of XXXs are undiagnosed because they don't fit the "standard phenotype" for these conditions - i.e. they look like normal people and practitioners cannot discern them without a karyotype, which is rare unless you're doing blood work for other reasons.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4097881/>Despite the fact that 1 in 1000 boys1-6 have the karyotype 47,XYY (XYY), there is a paucity of information about the phenotype, and approximately 85% or more of males with XYY are never diagnosed.1,4,7-13

>Trisomy X is a sex chromosome anomaly with a variable phenotype caused by the presence of an extra X chromosome in females (47,XXX instead of 46,XX). It is the most common female chromosomal abnormality, occurring in approximately 1 in 1,000 female births. As some individuals are only mildly affected or asymptomatic, it is estimated that only 10% of individuals with trisomy X are actually diagnosed.
>>
>>8585585
>>8585508
I want to believe. I really, really do.
>>
>>8585997
So do I.
>>
>>8585568
Neurologically they're their target sex, since gender is the neurological component of sex.
Physiologically, they are intersex since the brain is as much of an organ as a penis.
But yeah, it's stupid to consider a trans person "100% biologically their birth sex" especially with things like SRS.
>>
>>8586200
Is that neurological thing really true? I don't know if you're right or not. There's people saying it's bullshit and this is just a mental illness, and then there's people saying this is true. Also, I had never heard of that before I started to lurk here, and although I've seen the sources, not having this be mentioned anywhere outside here makes me suspicious.
>>
Thing is that it's hardly relevant because the experiences of trans and intersex people is so vastly different that calling a transitioned trans person intersex is functionally useless.
>>
>>8585997
>>8586187
Why do you want to?
>>
>>8588609
>I've seen the sources, but only on this forum that's very heavily focused on discussing trans people, so I'm unsure

Yesterday while googling around I found some studies on the most effective ways of preserving nipple/areola sensitivity in women during breast surgery, and I've never heard about anything like that before. That doesn't mean it's not a thing, it's just not a common subject of conversation.
>>
>>8588633
I don't mean I want to believe specifically what OP said. I meant the brain sexual dimorphism thing. I would make me feel less shitty, just for the sake of repressing. Which is pathetic, I know, but it would help me.
>>
>>8586200
>gender is the neurological component of sex
[citation needed]
>>
>>8588664
>>8588654
Forgot to reply to you. Yeah, I know that, but I'm really fucking insecure. Also, if people knew that maybe they would at least pitty us instead of hating us.
>>
>>8588671
Cureanon?
>>
>>8588664
Why would it make you feel less shitty concerning repression?
>>
>>8588676
No!
>>
>>8588609
Close. Trans people have male-female intermediate brains pre-transition. Post-transition, thanks to hormones, their brains are very much like those of people of the sex they transition to.
>>
>>8588672
>if people believed that
FTFY
>>
>>8588680
I don't even know why, I think it's because at least I'd be sure of the reason behind what I feel.
>>
File: 7e3.jpg (31KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
7e3.jpg
31KB, 600x750px
>>8588825
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.