[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How has religion impacted your life as LGBT? Did it give you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1256.jpg (338KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1256.jpg
338KB, 1280x853px
How has religion impacted your life as LGBT? Did it give you something to hold onto? Did it tear you down and make you ashamed?
>>
>>8580722
I'm mostly acting indifferent towards it. I don't really care about religion because they're mostly all the same things just with different flavours. It just seems pointless to get al worked up over something that might not even be true
>>
Put me down for a little both?
I've had to deal with some religiously motivated prejudice but my own faith was one of the things that helped me come out.
>>
>>8580722
It made me repress
>>
File: CtmZ8MjXEAATQMx.jpg (34KB, 434x700px) Image search: [Google]
CtmZ8MjXEAATQMx.jpg
34KB, 434x700px
It's one of the main reasons why I remain a 22 year old pre everything mtf neet.

>tfw raised by fundamentalist christians in rural Kentucky

Should I just end it now?
>>
File: tumblr_osvq64eweh1ukf4kno1_1280.png (2MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_osvq64eweh1ukf4kno1_1280.png
2MB, 1280x1280px
As OP, I'll be monitoring this thread closely so please feel free to elaborate on your experiences, I'm listening.

t. catholic raised self loathing dyke
>>
>>8580759
I am >>8580751

I'm stuck. I live with non supportive family, my friends are not really in a position to support me (I haven't even talked to my friends in a long time), and I don't have the motivation or the competence required to make it on my own.

I should have never been born.
>>
>>8580775
Don't say that, anon. They are on the side of violence, and therefore wrong. You are not wrong for existing. You were born the way you were supposed to be. The only person who needs to accept you is you.
>>
>>8580796
>they are on the side of violence and therefore wrong

History has showed that the side of violence is usually right.
>>
>>8580751
Nope, I'm in Kentuckiana too. Also fundie-raised, and definitely older than you.

You know the people around here. Big on opinions, low on action. Literal 'big man little johnson' territory. But get this: since our body isn't what makes us (because we'll get new ones for heaven remember) then that means that it can't be your body that determines your gender (and your gender IS determined: Jeremiah 1:5 states that the Lord knew Jeremiah 'before he was formed in the womb').

Congratulations, you just shredded all of Christianity's complaints. Now go get your Skittles.
>>
>>8580827
It's the side that usually wins, not the right one
>>
It has utterly destroyed my psyche and soul and ruined any chance I would ever have at happiness.

Religion is the purest form of evil.
>>
>>8580998
What is right if not the winning side.
>>
>>8580722
I was atheist since 9, but my family forced me into religious education, I tried to believe trying to distance myself to the Catholic Church and look at other interpretation of the Bible, and I was intrigued at the Gnostics, and for a very long period (almost a year) I held a personal belief about the Cosmos and the Deity, but it was just a way to keep this lie going on, just like repressing, so I dropped everything down, started transitioning and dropping away religion.
Now I am agnostic with interest into the mystic and I have an interpretation of the reality that is very similiar to the concept of the Anima Mundi.

Did I felt God's Jugdment upon me? Yes, but since the beginning, it was more all about my family than with God, up to this day I can't feel it anymore because I killed the concept of "God", YHWH, Yaldabaoth in my mind.
>>
>>8580866
im in louisville and i am a muslim.. alhamdulilaah
>>
>>8581471
>i am a muslim

why?
also, what brings you to /lgbt/?
>>
>>8581522
i am a white convert i took shahada last year and well you gotta know your enemy right?

i got nothing but love for my brothers and sisters of fellow abrahamic faiths though
>>
>>8580722
swore off religion around 6th or 7th grade. Realized that christianity made no fucking sense after some in depth discussions with an older chick.

grew up under a christian mom, a catholic-raised agnostic dad, and a christian brother. Fell in love with a family friend around 8th grade. Never opened up about it but it was obvious. Family constantly poured that whole "it's un natural shit" down my throat at every waking moment.

Started developing strong feelings for numerous boys in 9th grade. denied them.

>"I just want to be really good friends with them"

A straight distant friend kind of helped me come to the realization and admittance that I was feeling lust for these boys in 10th grade.

11th and 12th grade I got really close with that boy I loved in middle school. We had a pretty strong thing going. He would ask for blowjobs, hold hands with me, lay his head in my lap, ask to cuddle, ask for a kiss, flirt around. I never made a move or responded to advances out of fear that he would tell my parents.

college came around. I went to a catholic private school. me and the middle school boy stopped talking. as a heavily closeted gay boy, I fell into a heavy depression as a result. Tried to kill myself and hilariously failed. Had numerous, painfully awkward sexual experiences because nearly no one was open or experienced at that school.

Tried to room with a gay guy I knew from highschool. He ditched me at the very last minute. I ended up getting a bisexual roommate who really helped me feel more comfortable with myself and open up the closet doors a tad.

Now I'm 23, still not out to my parents, open to most of my friends and coworkers. still an atheist. and feel next to no existing religious impact on my life aside from the rampant religious homophobia that comes from heterosexuals like my parents
>>
I'm from Bosnia originally and my family was "technically" muslim. They were completely nonreligious except they were huge into charities, if only for the reason of some concept of spiritual reward, and made me do volunteer stuff all the time as a boy scout.

I still donate and volunteer, but it's mainly lgbt organizations. Next school year I'll be the supervisor at a high school's gay straight alliance
>>
>>8580722
>How has religion impacted your life as LGBT?

Its why I dont tell my parents Im trans. I know from just listening to how they react to things on tv and in the paper that they would not just disapprove but also laugh at me. Which is almost as worse as them disapproving. Keep in mind that them "disapproving" includes them calling me sinful and possibly getting beaten up by my stepdad who explicitly said that If I ever showed up in a dress that he would "beat my ass". This was from him seeing something about trans stuff on tv out of the blue.
I dont begrudge them their religion, I just dont like the shitty aspects of it. I also resent them trying to get me to become christian.
>>
I grew up in the rural bible belt being forced to go to southern baptist and pentecostal churches. It fucked with my head when I was still young and impressionable/stupid, but I've also always had my own very deep and strong and somewhat unique ideas and beliefs which clashed with what I was being told, and as soon as I stopped trying to repress my own opinions to fit in, things really got a whole lot easier and better for me all around.
I remember I used to be so confused as to why everyone agreed about things that just seemed obviously incorrect and hypocritical, but I was a dumb kid and they were smart adults so clearly they had to know better than me. I kept thinking that they had to be hiding some secret knowledge or key to the puzzle of life that would explain their behavior. Like the bible was some magic book that they could understand better than I could and that I just didn't see the hidden words that they were reading between the lines.
One of the most profound and satisfying moments of my life was when I finally realized they were all ignorant backwoods fucktards and were all just talking out of their asses to make themselves feel better about how stupid they were.
>>
>>8581095
You literally don't know the first thing about justice. You are in Hell right now.
>>
>>8581534
>my brothers and sisters of fellow abrahamic faiths
You're a heretic, sorry.
>>
>>8580722
religion = mutilating your dick to stop docking and frottage
>>
>>8580722
Religion plays a big part in my life. My family is very religious.

To be honest with how conservative my family is, it was a huge relief how accepting they were when I cam out. The media sort of shoves the "All religious people are bigots" pretty hard, to the point I thought my family would be the same way.
>>
>>8580866
>>8581471
>>8580751
Hello fellow Kentuckianians

I never expected there to be this many on this board. I'm on the Indiana side, though.
>>
It made me feel ashamed of who I was, and I'm better off now that I realized the big skydaddy doesn't exist and doesn't affect me
>>
>>8583221
And SRS...
>>
Obviously it influenced me as I went to a somewhat religious school, although I didn't know I was gay back then.

The bible to me felt more like a collection of parables and metaphors about valuable life lessons rather than "there's actually a guy named Jesus who walked on water and died for your sins".
Of course being kids we were spared of the more adult oriented parts of the bible so maybe that's what shaped my perception.
Had 7 year old me been taught gays need to be killed on the spot and a passage about men with donkey dicks, I'd be a far more disturbed child than I am now.
>>
>>8580747
This
The first time I had feelings for a guy (first crush too) I remember I hated myself, and was mad at myself for liking this guy. It was some guy in my 6th grade gym class I only saw from far away, I would try to look away from him, and would try to avoid thinking about him, but even thinking about him aroused me, and I realized I couldn't escape my feelings. I was really conflicted because my whole life I learned that homosexuality is wrong, and would hear about it at church every week, and at youth group. I eventually met him up close and immediately realized I didn't really like him anymore, because he was a fuckboy and an asshole, and not as attractive up close, and I remember feeling relieved that I "wasn't actually gay", but of course I am. I had many similar experiences later and repressed myself, and even when I was no longer religious I still refused to believe I was gay, and when I finally accepted that I liked guys, I just told myself I was bi for awhile until I realized I'm actually just gay.
>>
>>8587272
Had to post to bump, or the thread was gonna die, so I didn't get to finish there. Anyways continuing, I don't hate religion at all, and it makes people happy so whatever. But it definitely forced me to repress. My parents don't know I'm gay, have no clue when I'll tell them, both of my parents act grossed out when they see a same sex couple on TV, or in real life or what have you, and make jokes/comments about it, so that doesn't make it easier on me.
>>
>>8580722
It made me let go of religion. It was something that had been holding me down. My sexuality, and that of others around me, helped me realize that god doesn't exist. Religion is ridiculous for imposing such stupid rules. The bible was always a fairy-tale story to me.
I was raised by Mormons, had a Christian girlfriend who gave me shit for our relationship because she felt guilty about being gay. Bullshit. No almighty being would ever give a rats ass about how we slap our genitals together.
My parents were distantly okay with my sexual orientation, and i'm thankful for that. But my religion was not. The church ran me out of our stupid summer camp event. Religion nearly made my girlfriend kill herself for existing. ..Its sad.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.