[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Passing vs "pity passing"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

How do you know if you actually pass? I've recently been going girlmode (dresses, makeup, feminine voice, etc.) and get gendered correctly. But I can't tell if people are just being polite or if I actually look like a girl.

Guys in particular have been looking at me much more frequently compared to the past. How can you tell if they're checking you out or clocking you?

I guess I should be happy that I'm at least being gendered correctly, but I'd hate to find out people were just being nice after thinking I passed.

I'm 2 years HRT and 5'8", and I failed boy mode somewhat often (though not always) if that helps. Anyone else have stories like this?
>>
Most people don't put that much thought into it. Long hair, makeup, women's clothing, it's a woman.
Your grocery store checker genuinely doesn't care enough to try and clock you. The guys in public are just trying to look at your butt and chest.
>>
>>8568718
Most people in public do not give enough of a shit about you to hugbox you. That's the truth.

If you're getting she'd/her'd/ma'am'd in public by strangers, you're fine. The only people that will hugbox you are friends.
>>
>>8568771
I thought if you're in a more progressive area they ma'am dudes in dresses just to be on the safe side?
>>
>>8568782
Can't tell you about that. I live in Portland, OR and I've never seen a dude walking around in drag. Maybe I don't live in a gay enough area.
>>
>>8568718
I had the same problem at the beginning.

Here's the autistic way to deal with it:
Just look at people's eyebrows. Example: Men are looking at you. Do they narrow their eyebrows? Do they look skeptical? Or is their face rather relaxed?
If their faces are relaxed: Do you think men will look at an obvious tranny that way?

If you looked like some kind of hon monster, some people would look at you with disgust. You do not see people looking at you with disgust? Congrats, you're not a hon.

If you were an unpassable tranny, some would look at you with doubt and sometimes with disgust, too.

Also please take into consideration that cis people are not good at clocking trannies. Our kind spent so much time into looking into the many differences between a man and a woman that we become automatically experts in recognizing specific features.
>>
>>8568818
Thanks for the advice. I'll do that next time I go out. I've always been too scared to look back long enough to see their expression, in case they did clock me and are looking to fight.
>>8568771
Yeah, but sometimes people just don't want trouble, either. So if they see me presenting as a woman, it's easier to just play along.
>>8568782
Yeah, I live in California, so it's a very liberal and LGBT friendly environment. That's what's making me paranoid. They're usually PC enough to gender people correctly, but it's human nature to not treat visibly trans people the same as a cis person.
>>
>>8568718
if you're this concerned, they you don't
try going into fem only spaces, and see if someone doesn't call security or give you a dirty look

>>8568751
experience cashiers can clock you in a heartbeat, but they're pros, so they'll treat you right (unless they're a total bigot)

>>8568771
some people don't care, but there are enough nice people out there who will hugbox, especially if they see you trying
>>
>>8568718
Let me tell you something about normal men, as I am one. We don't even want to know you exist much less think about you. The mere thought of scanning a room full of women and wandering if any them are trannies is depressing.
>>
File: Eja.jpg (161KB, 700x914px) Image search: [Google]
Eja.jpg
161KB, 700x914px
>>8569385
"Normal men" don't post in a tranny thread on /lgbt/.
If "normal men like you" don't want to know trannies exist, yet think about them, why are you even here?

Here's the truth:

The vast majority of western men, who are not ultra reiigious or in repression mode, are totally fine with cute and passable trannies. A cute tranny means less competition and something cute to look at. And yes, there are trannies out there, who would have been competition on the dating market, if they were cis men.

The only thing I do not recommend is "going stealth" and not telling a man, who wants to date you, that you are trans as soon as possible.

Tl;dr: Normal men do not care about trannies as long as they look reasonably good.
>>
>>8569434
mate normal men don't care about trannys full stop if they are dating or otherwise involved with them they do
>>
>>8568782
They will, but most MtFs aren't walking around in dresses on a daily basis.
>>
>>8569784
but I like dresses...
>>
>>8569784
I wear skirts on a daily basis though.. but in my country it's not normal to say sir/ma'am anyway.
>>
>>8569434
>The vast majority of western men, who are not ultra reiigious or in repression mode, are totally fine with cute and passable trannies
[citation needed especially from republicans and christians]
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.