[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Epilating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

im a femboi i think.

dont want to go on titty skittles due to the negative side effects so im thinking i'll just epliate instead of shaving for longer lasting effect.

questions

how much does it hurt

how long does it last for you generally?

does it thin out the hair REALLY well?
>>
It hurts a bunch

It takes hours

It thins out the hair gradually, but just going over what you've plucked often makes it easier. First time is hell tho
>>
>>8565559
Well it hurt a lot the first time you do it. It gets easier after that as long as you maintain it.
It doesn't last very long for me because I'm basically chewbacca. I usually do it weekly but I could probably get away with waiting longer. The nice thing about epilating is that most of the hair grows back really thin so it's only noticeable if you shine light at it the right way.

I don't know what you mean about "REALLY well" but it does over time reduce growth. I only just started epilating my whole body like a year ago, but I have epilated my butt hair and chest hair for like 5+ years now and yes you will notice that you have to epilate less and less over time.
I'd say it's mostly about how it feels rather than how it looks. Cause my ass hair is almost unnoticeable but it still grows kind of long so when I run my hand over it I can feel the hair. My bf says he doesn't even notice it though.

These days when I epilate I don't even really attempt to get the "clean shaven" feeling. Epilators tend to miss a lot of hairs so when I do it I go really quick. Like I try to do my whole body in like 15-20mins each week and if I miss hairs I just leave them cause nobody except me seems to notice them anymore.
>>
>>8565573

Oh! forgot to ask, does it cause those shaving bumps? i only get them mildly sometimes in some areas when I shave, is it there with epilating?
>>
>>8565628
Well it can make your skin look pretty red and swollen for a day or so.
You might also get ingrown hairs if you don't exfoliate.

But personally I find epilating a lot less maintenance than shaving. For exfoliation I usually use either a pumice stone with body wash or simply scrub with a wash cloth once or twice a week. I don't do anything too intense.
I also apply body lotion every day, but that's mostly because I have eczema.

Most of the skin issues start to go away as you do it more and more and the hair weakens. My legs still kind of look like garbage occasionally cause I have such thick hair, and I also have pili multigemini. But my ass usually always looks pretty smooth and the skin looks healthy. Epilating doesn't even irritate the skin anymore. My chest barely ever had hair, mostly just some nipple hair, but it also doesn't really get red or swollen after epilating anymore.
>>
>>8565559
first time it feels like someone is ripping your skin off

Fortieth time it feels like your scratching an itch
>>
>>8565573
>I'm basically chewbacca
>epilate once a week
>barely notice any hair

If I don't epilate every day I'm hairy (this is after 1 year of epilating and 9 months of HRT)

YOU DONT UNDERSTAND MY PAIN
>>
>>8565683
I can still see hair growing back every day but it's not noticeable enough for me to bother doing it every day.
I find that waiting for it to kind of "sync" up to a growth schedule seems to work best.

Also sometimes if you epilate when the hair is too short it simply snaps it off. Try waiting longer between epilations and you'll probably find it works better. At least I think so anyway. I know my epilator seems to be able to pluck really long hair a lot better than short hair. It seems to just snap short hairs.
>>
>>8565716
If this is the case bless you, epilating he become the bane of my existence (esp because I got one with a battery I have to charge after 40 mins)
>>
>>8565721
Yeah I used to have one with a battery and I hated it.
It's what's been keeping me away from the braun epilators.
I have the 72-tweezer emjoi emagine one right now but I've heard the braun one is a little better. The emjoi one seems to miss a lot of hair and it's really bulky and loud.

But yeah try waiting for it to grow out longer. I know it feels gross but it does help I find. I get way way better results doing that then when I epilate every day.
>>
>>8565724
I had the emjoi until the motor burnt out on me after three months

I have the Braun one and it's great but the fucking battery
>>
>>8565748
That's unlucky. I bought my emjoi I think 5 years ago and it's still going strong lol
It's kind of annoying that it's not waterproof though so you can't wash it.

You just gotta get used to letting your hair grow out. I guess it can look ugly if it's still dark hair but eventually it'll lighten up a bunch. I know everyone says letting it grow too much makes the epilator snap the hair rather than pluck it, but I've found the opposite. If it's too short the epilator just tugs at it repeatedly until it snaps off.
I know when I first started on my calfs the roots were strong as fuck. Like I couldn't pluck the hair with tweezers, it just wouldn't pull out. My epilator could only pluck it if it was like an inch long which let it get a really good grip on it. So for a while I just saw no results at all until I started letting it have like 2 weeks to get some solid growth on it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.