[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any point in transitioning if you KNOW you're gonna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: transgender-cartoon.jpg (90KB, 643x800px) Image search: [Google]
transgender-cartoon.jpg
90KB, 643x800px
Is there any point in transitioning if you KNOW you're gonna look like a weird misshapen hon by the end of it?

I mean how is looking like parody of a woman (a parody of a trans woman even) gonna minimise dysphoria? if anything I think it'd accentuate the dysphoria, as everyone looks at you as this weird imbetween thing, your masculine features, caked in makeup, accentuated by your attempt to feminise them.

But then, I know a lot of hons. And they seem really happen, most of them. Happier than me, I'm just a sad represser. And they seem to have a lot of friends, they all have attractive partners. So maybe it is worth it?

Fuck I don't know.

Do you?
>>
Tbh you can't be a Hon unless you overstep your femininity limits
Take the mones. Maybe you'll pass one day but even if you don't being off test will give you the highest chance of living
>>
>>8565154
I guess you could just go on hormones?

I don't think a completely failed transition would make somebody any happier... Possibly, if you find friends who are really ok with you, even if it would mean you only live on the internet.
>>
>>8565154
For me I looked at it from this perspective:

If I transitioned 1 of 3 things was likely to happen
1: Pass, sometimes, as an ugly girl or plain jane
2: Become an hon
3: Just let testosterone continue to have its way with me as I age

Path 1 was very unlikely
I expected to be a hon

My decision came down to the fact that I would much rather be a gross hon freak than be an old man. I would kill myself before I grew into a middle aged man.

Ended up transitioning at 25, and 3 years later, I actually achieved 1.
Have a cis-boyfriend who loves me now and sees me for how I feel, and I'm actually happy and content with life. Being trans is living hell but at least this is bearable.
>>
>>8565154
If you're seriously considering doing this even though you know you'll never pass, just be a crossdresser instead. That way you can stop repressing emotionally without ruining yourself physically. No offense but bad transitioning seems like a recipe for suicide or painful detransitions down the line. At first it might seem cool to finally embrace your inner tranny, but you're going to have live as that misshapen hon for the rest of your life and it will eventually wear on you in those low points you don't want anyone to know about.

Most of the people on 4chan are fairly irresponsible and will choose to chase momentary happiness (I think it's called the honeymoon period of transitioning) even if it leads to long-term suffering. I wouldn't recommend it.
>>
>>8565154
>"All hons I know are happy and have attractive partners."
Wtf? I believe you, but... wtf?

Here's what you gonna do:
>start HRT
>still live in boymode
>just wait
Optional, but highly recommended:
>look for a good shrink, who can help you
>get rid of your facial hair permanently, that is a great dysphoria relief for many
>learn doing makeup in private
>>
>>8566410
Wtf? I believe you, but... wtf?

Yeah it's sort of odd actually. One of them literally looks like a man in a dress, despite being on HRT for a few years. Not even a particularly attractive man. And she's dating a really good looking, passable transwoman. Dunno what's going on there.
>>
Just stop it with the dysphoria bullshit and be a crossdresser. The only people who would even stick their dicks in you are niggers and they are easily fooled by a wig and makeup.
>>
>>8565171
This is true
This is what I'm doing

Whatever the situation is,
taking hormones will at least help
even if you plan to go full repressmode
there are definitely worse things in life than
being Manly Man W/ Eternal Youth and Boiboobs

I intend to even someday take a wife
>>
>>8566399
Crossdressing never alleviates dysphoria though
Crossdressing only makes it worse because it makes your ugly masculine features stand out even more
>>
>>8567197
Crossdressing is the most disgusting and least helpful way to deal with dysphoria

and I'll never be a girl
the "queen" aesthetic doesn't appeal to me at all

Obviously-a-dude-in-a-dress is infinitely worse than slightly-andro-dude-not-being-noticed
>>
The Options:

Repress:
>keep living life
>it never gets better
>engage in hedonism to try to make it go away
>endgame: kys

Be Trans:
>crossdress
>take hormones
>genital mutilation (optional)
>endgame: kys

Femboi:
>take homones
>wear stylish yet appropriate clothing
>keep the dysphoria at bay
>eventually come to terms with the fact you will never be a girl
>turn 30, either stop hormones or don't, depending
>endgame: live
>>
>>8567228
This.
I am a boymode mtf on hormones but even I don't "crossdress" because it would seriously trigger my dysphoria.
>>
>>8567228
I sometimes like crossdressing if I can take pics that make me look good. I have a fuckbuddy that loves it when I take trap pics
On it's own though I don't really like looking at myself in a mirror though lol
>>
>>8567251
This is bullshit. The only thing that can lessen dysphoria in any capacity is transition. If you have dysphoria, you NEED to live as the gender you identify with, and you NEED to be accepted by others as that gender. It's not about being pretty or wearing clothes or any of that shit.

>repress
>dyshporia gets worse because the core problem is not addressed
>life of misery

>become a crossdresser or femboy
>dsyphoria gets worse because the core problem is not addressed
>life of misery

>transition
>fail to pass, have no support, no acceptance from friends family, don't work as your desired gender, can't get life together
>dyshporia does not get better
>life of misery

>transition
>pass well
>dysphoria becomes more manageable, easier to deal with, or goes away altogether
>life is worth living

>transition
>don't necessarily pass perfectly, but feel better about your body, feel more attractive, have strong support network of accepting friends, work and live as your desired gender
>dysphoria probably doesn't go away but is much easier to deal with than first three options
>life is worth living

These are your options.
>>
>>8565171
>Tbh you can't be a Hon unless you overstep your femininity limits
Care to elaborate? I'm interested in what you have to say about this.
>>
>>8567327
Rocking that last option, personally. I definetly look weird, and am not consistently gendered in either boy or girl mode, but it's better then living a lie.

Accepting that my identity was on the fringes of society was painful, but ultimately quite necessary.
>>
>>8567587
it's pretty fucking obvious
a hon looks like a man in a dress. if you take hrt and don't pass, just don't wear a dress and you won't look like a hon.
>>
>>8568961
But if you transition, still look like a man and present as a man because you can't do anything else how would that help in any way?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.