[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You asked for a cure and here it is. Good luck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 7

File: 1499674199395.jpg (255KB, 673x801px) Image search: [Google]
1499674199395.jpg
255KB, 673x801px
You asked for a cure and here it is.

Good luck
>>
>>8562399
Don't care, being a girl is so fun and I don't want to give up female privilege. I don't want to become happy with being a man. I look so much better as a girl
>>
>>8562419
>tfw don't pass so none of this will ever apply to me
>>
>>8562399
Giving someone enough antipsychotics that the side effects become unmanageable and they no longer want to transition is not a solution :/
>>
>>8562399
The abstract suggested it be tried in cases of doubtful gender dysphoria. I wonder what criteria would be used there. But honestly this was published in 1996. If this was valid I would suspect it would have gained more reaction. I'm doing more research but if be interested to k ow what other studies were done on this.
>>
>>8562399
Most transgenders, if given the option of pressing a button which made them happy with their birth gender, wouldn't press it. The right to refuse treatment is basic medicine ethics these days. They would certainly refuse taking antipsychotics to make them happy with being cis, and since they aren't a danger to others, you wouldn't have a case to force them to take the medication

Maybe you would have a case if the patient was suicidal due to gender dysphoria and inability to pass, though.
>>
>>8562448
>Most transgenders, if given the option of pressing a button which made them happy with their birth gender, wouldn't press it.
This is amazing.
>>
>>8562422
iktf

>>8562448
I'd press the button, no hesitation. where did you get the idea "most" wouldn't from?

>>8562431
this, antipsychotics are a last resort desu, they're pretty rough shit from what I've seen of people I know taking them
>>
>>8562439
Gender dysphoria vanishes.

>Be mentally ill
>Don't want to be cured
O.K
>>
>>8562475
>iktf
Then why transition?
>>
>Didn't follow up on the patient but declared them 'cured' before discharging them and publishing

Dr Money, is that you?!
>>
>>8562448
Why not?
>>
the best cure on this website is that image of the fatty and the anorexic desu
cures all forms of LGBT
>>
>>8562399
>sample size = 1
Who cares?
>>
>>8562494
>hormonal treatment, blockers, etc
>Massive surgery
>still being mentally ill
Tell me about Dr. Money

or
>take two pills a day
>be cured
>>
>>8562536
Today, suggesting that gender dysporia is nothing but a mental illness is homophobic.
>>
>>8562399
Wasn't trans, just schizo.
>>
>>8562543
And I want a real cure instead of this shitty meme /pol/ pushes
>>
>>8562399
whats the point of fighting for his right to have babies if he cant have babies
>>
>>8562399
Anti psychotics are fucking nasty and make you fat and stupid and you end up drooling all the time and barely able to function, no thanks senpai
>>
>>8562543
desu if there was actually a pill that fixed trannies problems, do you really think they would fight against it?
bitch they'd sell a lung to get access and free themselves from torment as long as they pop a pill a day.

**excl those who just want to be little girls for sexual purposes like fags
>>
>>8562547>>8562557

So, don't you want to be cured?

Try it and see if you improve or not. Much better that the "transition" meme.
>>
>>8562567
But the bulk of medical evidence disagrees with you and quite literally too. The pimozide study was sample size n=1 and the evidence suggesting positive outcomes for trans people who transition is considerable unless you want to allege a medical conspiracy.

Gender dysphoria is the mental illness. Transitioning is the treatment. Read the DSM-V.
>>
>>8562577
>Transitioning is the treatment.
*For some.
**As of now due to no alternatives popping up.
***Does not minimize suicide.
>>
>>8562448
Half would, according to one of my polls here.
>>
>>8562586
Would have killed myslef.
Transitioned
Didn't kill self

Looks like minimized suicide to me.
>>
>>8562399
That test had a sample size of 1.
And the person they tested it on had schizophrenia.
>>
>taking antipsychotics
>still trans
>>
>>8562586
*Roughly 95% of trans people are satisfied with transition. Surgical regret is pretty consistent at 4%.
**The alternatives have been tried for a long time. Injecting MtF's with testosterone, CBT, electroshock therapy, pimozide, repression. None of it works and when roughly 95% of trans people report positive life outcomes after transitioning it sure makes it more appealing and healthier than being molested by a church pastor
***Minimizes suicide quite a bit but rates still remain higher than the general population (which is sorta expected cos of discrimination if you don't pass perfectly)

Pimozide wouldn't even work if trans people go to the psych and get cleared as not having schizophrenia (which they do).
>>
>>8562590
Majority tend to stay suicidal post transition because as everyone fucking knows, depression doesn't just vanish. But hey, at least you've spent thousands of dollars on surgeries and meds, that's gotta be worth something to your poor parents right?
>>
>>8562600
>not sure if implying parents disappointed in transition or disappointed for paying for transition
>>
>>8562611
b o t h
>>
>>8562616
I can't speak for any disappointments my parents might have. They say they just want me happy bit there's probably something thier. I can however assure you my parents haven't out a scent towards my transition nor has any other person.
>>
>>8562599
>have a pharmacological cure
>prefers to fall for the "transition" meme
¿transition to what? Most of you will never pass.

Delusion
>>
>>8562635
???
>>
>>8562399

> Antipsychotics

> Cessation of cross dressing

Let me guess, it also came with the cessation of anything other than eating and shitting.

I'd rather be the honiest of hons than go on antipsychotics. At least I'd be useful because my mind works desu.
>>
>>8562709
It's not that bad. I take antipsychotics and I'm still trans
>>
>>8562690

I would say that for an AGP, a high dose of SSRI should be enough. Since SSRIs kill the sex drive.
>>
>>8562448

>Most transgenders, if given the option of pressing a button which made them happy with their birth gender, wouldn't press it.

Why? I'd totally press a button if it meant I'd stop being full homogay, it'd make things a lot easier and less stressful.
>>
>n=1
L O L

Just because it worked on some schizophrenic, psychotic AGP fetishist does not mean it will work on us real TruTrans (tm).
>>
>>8562733
No, because there's also the romantic aspect of AGP, which is probably the part that causes the most dysphoria.
>>
>>8562761
Actually a schizophrenic is closer to a homosexual transsexual, or TruTransTM as you put it.
>>
>>8562783
Nice try, Cara
>>
>>8562783
how can you even compare that shit
>>
>>8562790
Cara would pretend HSTS is TruTransTM.

>>8562793
Both delusional.
>>
>>8562589
But how many of that half were HSTS?
>>
>>8562783
L
O
L
Good one.
>>
I'd take it if I had a harder time passing.

As much as I wish I was happy being a boy, pretending to be a girl is really satisfying and makes me happy.
>>
Daily reminder antipsychoticfags that you are KILLING YOUR GREY MATTER LIKE AN ALCOHOLIC!! LOL at least hooch is cheaper

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0925492716303316

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0147204

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0925492716303791

www.cambridge.org/core/journals/psychological-medicine/article/brain-volume-changes-over-the-first-year-of-treatment-in-schizophrenia-relationships-to-antipsychotic-treatment/664F483E67F16178D4B2CBD01ECF71FB
>>
>>8562419
When'd you transition?
>>
>>8562527
My initial instinct is to say I wouldn't press it, but that's maybe because I can't even conceptualize the idea of me being happy as a man and that idea almost terrifies me.
>>
>>8562755
Erasing huge part of yourself is nothing to you?
>>
>>8562399
>sample size of 1
/pol/ in charge of science
>>
>>8562904
Take your meds and become normal.
>>8562849
Strawman.

Yes, fucking up your whole endocrine system with hormones is way better.
>>
>>8563020
Try it "nicole". Stop being ill.
>>
>>8563027
yeah my good bro i'd rather be reduced to a drooling lobotomized imbecile by usage of an antipsychotic no longer prescribed even to schizophrenic in a dosage that induces catatonia like wow dude much better being a fucking vegetable than a tranny who cares about things like "being able to experience life" when i could just trust some quack science peddled by frogfucking 15 year olds and basically be fully incapable of even the most basic human function
>>
Daily reminder that only hons/non-passers should take it.
>>
File: JfaQv+.jpg (42KB, 547x523px) Image search: [Google]
JfaQv+.jpg
42KB, 547x523px
>>8562399
>>
File: 1496968539875.gif (2MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1496968539875.gif
2MB, 260x195px
>>8562439
>If this was valid I would suspect it would have gained more reaction.
>doctors will even consider a solution that doesn't make them tens of thousands of shekels
>>
I fell for this stupid meme and went on antipsychotics to cure dysphoria.

It didn't fucking work and I completely doubt the person in that study had dysphoria at all.
>>
>>8563042
why so triggered

You are a psychotic male that needs pharmacological treatment. Do you seriously believe that you will become a vegetable?

lol insane
>>
>>8562538
>be cured

>Suppressing the symptons that dysphoria causes is a cure.

Nice meme bro.
>>
>>8562599
>Roughly 95% of trans people are satisfied with transition. Surgical regret is pretty consistent at 4%.
Thats not what the suicide rate says mate, if you have surgery to become a grotesque parody of the opposite gender and realize you fucked up and there is no going back, could you admit it to yourself?
>>
>>8563060
>doctors somehow make a fortune out of selling hrt meds to an incredibly small population of trannies even though the absolute vast majority of hormone prescriptions are issued to cis people with hormonal imbalances or experiencing menopause
why do you conspiracy theorists never think beyond the basic stage
>>8563067
>are you triggered xdd
girl read up on the effects of pimozide, its not even used to treat schizophrenia because its pretty bad even as far antipsychotics go

honestly at this point im lowkey wondering if youre a tranny yourself pushing repression as a meme because of your own shame; lots of people like that in this board, would surprise you!
>>
File: sixth.jpg (122KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
sixth.jpg
122KB, 410x410px
>>8562399
>>8562399
>>
>>8563078
>doctors somehow make a fortune out of selling hrt meds to an incredibly small population of trannies
Do you actually not know what specialization is?
>>
>>8563072
breaking news, some illness require medication for life.

Seriously how dumb are you
>>
>>8563074

Thats not what the suicide rate says mate, if you have surgery to become a grotesque parody of the opposite gender and realize you fucked up and there is no going back, could you admit it to yourself?

How old are those numbers on the suicide rate btw?

Also:
>Implying said person regrets it all.
>Implying said person doesn't simply lives with the fact it's the lesser of two evils in her personal opinion.
>>
>>8563060
>shekels
Back to /pol/, white trash redneck.
>>
File: peace from this bait.png (58KB, 622x626px) Image search: [Google]
peace from this bait.png
58KB, 622x626px
>>8562399
Don't forget your sage!
>>
>>8563090
yes dummy i'm telling you that you know practically nothing about the subject of tranny healthcare.. if transgender healthcare was so profitable you'd probably see significantly less gatekeeping and way, way more doctors dedicated to it
>>
>>8563078
What dude, stop pushing le ebil drug narrative. You can be cured if you want.

Very common (>10% frequency) side effects include:

Akinesia
Dizziness
Somnolence
Hyperhidrosis
Nocturia
Speech disorder
Dry mouth
Constipation
>>
File: full paranoid.jpg (29KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
full paranoid.jpg
29KB, 250x250px
>>8563060
>>
>>8563093
>Using a drug with some bodily consequence and getting possibly invasive surgery. Adressing the core cause and eleminating it preventing any possible need for anything else.

>Literally fucking the brain up to the point it can be ignored. Possibly zombifying the person in the process.

You really like fucking with the organ that is responsible for running said person's life don't you? Because you can live without your dick, but ya can't say the same for a brain. Fuck up the brain and the person is not functional. Fuck up one body part heavily like the dick and that person can just live on fine with a few less options.
>>
>>8563117
yep better to push your delusional fantasy into the society.
>>8563128
le ebil drug. Yes. So evil.
>>
>>8563140
If it's as harmless as you say it is why don't you give it a try? And don't give me that bullshit about not needing it
>>
>>8563124
oh yeah the common side effects for a normal dosage, which this study wasn't, this "study" used an enormous dosage, beyond that which normally is used to treat schizophrenic patients.
>>8563140
you're literally not making sense now, did you miss your pimozide dosage?
>>
File: OP's mouth.jpg (40KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
OP's mouth.jpg
40KB, 300x300px
>>8563060
Shut the fuck up. Now. You will never touch the jews, and you damn well know it, they're just a beloved accessory in your stormtrooper LARPfest. You're just jealous that you're in many wajs unable to touch any jew-packed universities. And you're sore that the jews won't hold your hand and assist you with things like terrorizing whoever you don't like with lawsuits.

TL;DR: you are just shit.
>>
STOP FAPPING, START LIVING!
Don't trap yourself.
Transition has no long-term benefits.

Also a case study of 1 = utter bullshit.
>>
>>8563022
>NO U

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/psychological-medicine/article/divergent-effects-of-first-generation-and-second-generation-antipsychotics-on-cortical-thickness-in-first-episode-psychosis/3560A17E739CB1CBE7E7A17FD27FADD1

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924977X15002576

daily reminder you are LITERALLY KILLING YOUR BRAIN THRU INFLAMMATION by willingly choosing to ingest antipsychotics in a manner that is far more damaging than any HRT. your response is shrugging.

ENJOY

- increased risk of type 2 diabetes/obesity
- increased risk of stevens johnson syndrome
- tardive dyskinesia
- potential neuroleptic malignant syndrome if you're really unluckly
- increased risk of future parkinson's disease
- amotivation from killing your dopaminergic system
- infertility (LOL)

HONESTLY compared to mild blood clot risk increase and some osteoporosis I'd say you're fucking yourself harder on this life choice but continue sticking your head in the sand :^^^^^)
>>
>>8563155
Antipsychotic victims end up dead inside invariably. It happens every single time. They can't argue, they can't even make up a case. They just blindly restate whatever subject is in the fugue state of their atrophied brains over and over again hoping - desperately - that we'll accept their altered view on reality.

They're very sluggish people. A small girl could take your typical antipsych user out very readily. It dumbs every instinct and good sense in the human psyche.

Only a complete maniac or a pharmaceutical industry shill could ever recommend them for the non-psychotic.
>>
>>8562586
>**As of now due to no alternatives popping up.
Alternatives have been tried, but none of them are actually more effective.
>***Does not minimize suicide.
There's something like a 99.9% chance that the study you got that from doesn't actually say that.

>>8562635
We don't though. Not one that actually works reliably.

>>8563022
>Yes, fucking up your whole endocrine system with hormones is way better.
You do know cis people have hormones too, right?

>>8563074
Okay, show me the stats that say there isn't a meaningful difference between pre and post transition suicide rates for trans people.
>>
>>8562456
I wouldn't have when I started, and it's way too late now even if I would want to which I wouldn't. I was only ever interested in getting hormones, not in being "cured."
>>
>>8562399
Only works if the person "is trans" because of BPD.

Also, sedating people to the point where they can't have reasonable thoughts, or even move, cures pretty much any mental disorder... Though, obviously they can't live a life during that "cure".
>>
>>8562600
Different anon, but my depression did vanish. I have no DSM diagnoses at all right now, not even Gender Dysphoria. Seems that transition has worked for me.
>>
>>8563128
>Adressing the core cause and eleminating it preventing any possible need for anything else.
What is dilating
What is follow-up surgeries
What is hormones during/before puberty that fuck with your brain more than pimozide ever will
What is post-SRS-depression
What is all the threads and posts about SRS regret

I get that you don't want a "cure" because it either seems too good to be true or you've been exposed to so much "muh feel good movements" that you don't get that life would genuinely be better for most, if not all afflicted.
But saying that SRS and all that hormone shit trannies take right now doesn't harm your body or is better than a simple two times a day drug to get you running normal...
Then you are delusional.
>>
>>8563067
The poster right above you said antipsychotics didn't work. That n=1 cancels your n=1. The way /pol/tards cling to idiotic memes shows that they are the insane ones. Maybe they should take pimozide to see if it cures them of their delusions.
>>
>>8563490
Dilating isn't so bad, follow up surgeries are not a given, pimozide messes with your brain way more than hormones ever will and is not a "simple" drug, and lots of people, including myself, feel better after SRS and are glad to have done it.
Dilating, sticking estradiol pills under my tongue a couple times a day, and going to the doctor once a year are a small burden.
>>
>>8563090
If they wanted to make lots of money, they'd give you cypro instead of spiro in the US

theyd try to get you on the expensive options instead of the really cheap, shitty ones
>>
>>8563469
But why?
>>
>>8563490
>Then you are delusional.

Ah, the classic sluggish schizophrenia Soviet era psychiatric abuse argument.

"IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME OR MY POSITIONS YOU'RE JUST PSYCHOTIC!!! TAKE PILLS COMRADE SO YOU STOP THREATENING CAPITALISM!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sluggish_schizophrenia

This is how the nonpsychotic get impressed onto antipsychotics, folks. And in the end, only Eli Libby wins.
>>
>>8563582
You are ignoring the actual point on purpose.
I'm not calling it delusional for disagreeing with me but for arguing that current SRS and everything involved does not influence the body and brain in a major way.

If you openly and genuinely deny that srs is a major thing to happen to your body with many consequences, not all of them good, then yes, you are delusional.
>>
>>8563599
Your "actual point" from the beginning of this thread was take antipsychotics. Your only arguments are attempting to demonstrate trannies are psychotic like the typical religious right tard or /pol/ spawn you are.

I think you just want more people buying pharmaceuticals, myself. Citing one case study and holding it up as gold standard is something you see in TV commercials, not from thinking men. Shills cannot admit what they are due to the NDA, so I fully expect you to dance around this issue until thread 404s. Have fun!
>>
>>8563571
Because the only future I could see was being the woman outwardly that I was inwardly. There was no future in being a man and it seemed totally fake. Transitioning was the only way to deal with dysphoria. Even if a drug suppressed the dysphoria that doesn't mean it would make me actually want to be a man or be able to fit in better as a man than a woman. The anti-dysphoria drug wouldn't really be for my benefit but solely for the benefit of strangers who are offended by gender transitions.
>>
>>8563619
So on top of the dysphoria was a want not to be a man? Why didn't you want to be one?
>>
>>8563611
This always happens when one tries to have a civilised discussion with a tranny (Mostly MtF, make of that what you will.)
Hysteric emotional gibberish, ad hominem and conspiracy shit in every single sentence.

>Your "actual point" from the beginning of this thread
>beginning of this thread
I haven't even posted anything at "the beginning of this thread".
My first post was >>8563490 when I saw someone saying that SRS has eleminates "any possible need for anything else" which is simply wrong. No buts, it's factually wrong.
To say that SRS is a one-time, no problems happy ever after is the dictionary definiton of a delusion. Trying to make yourself and others believe that something is different than it actually is.
I have no idea whether Pimozide has the desired effect or any heavy long-time consequences but dismissing it out of a need to deny any "cure" is stupid as long as SRS and all the baggage attached to it are still the only other alternative.

That is everything I have argued in the whole two posts I made in this thread.
Yet you felt the need to feel personally attacked and go mental over some weird conspiracy theory.
Calm your tits, fake or real, take a deep breath and try to do this in a civilised manner or you'll drive off anybody willing to talk or listen to you.
>>
>>8563599
Different anon, but leaving aside the fact that not everyone gets SRS, while it is a major surgery, for the right people, and if the surgery and aftercare go well there are few downsides. I have had it and if anything it's better for my health since I don't need to take antiandrogens. Dilating is the only real downside but it's not that bad. The improvement in how I felt about myself after SRS was immediate and lasting.
>>
>>8563638
>blanchardfag assumes a new identity with the deluded assumption anyone else on this board is autistic enough to recommend antipsychotics for trannies but her

How many "visages" can you jump between in that DID fugue state?
>>
>>8563625
Because I wasn't a man. It was wrong, I didn't fit in, I couldn't relate, it felt fake. I was noticeably feminine and was bullied mercilessly for it. I actually did try to be more masculine in high school but it didn't work very well. I was relatively short and unmasculine physically too.
I did not go trans because I was a failed male, being outwardly female was a positive thing I wanted, but there was also no reason for me to want to even try to live life as a male.
>>
>>8563687
>being outwardly female was a positive thing I wanted
Wanted why?
>>
>>8562399
Pimozide should not be a straight out cure for trans people. That is even worse than giving them hrt. If anything it should be a last ditch effort if they don't transition well.
>>
>>8563725
To match my identity, to be who I really was, to alleviate dysphoria, and to fit in better.
>>
>>8563749
>To match my identity, to be who I really was,
But ignoring dysphoria and fitting in, what is matching your identity and being who you really are?
>>
>>8562765
>No, because there's also the romantic aspect of AGP, which is probably the part that causes the most dysphoria.

Yup, and that's a faggot.
>>
>>8563756
Being a woman of course.
>>
>>8563787
I know that, I mean what does it mean to "match your identity" and "be who you really are" as a woman, besides dysphoria and fitting in?
>>
>>8563893
I don't know how else to explain it. I identified as female/a girl/a woman, that's what I saw myself as really being, even though I knew I had a male body. By making my body as female as I can and being female socially I can achieve congruence between my inner and outer self and alleviate the dysphoria. I realize it will never be as good as if I had been a cis female but I've gotten close enough that I can live with myself, and accept what I can't have like getting pregnant and giving birth.
>>
>>8564026
Then you are simply insane. You need medication.
>>
>>8564033
I know I need medication. It's called estradiol.
>>
>>8564026
>By making my body as female as I can and being female socially I can achieve congruence between my inner and outer self and alleviate the dysphoria.
But that is the dysphoria, not a reason to not press the button of no dysphoria >>8563469
>>
>One case study is successful
>Therefore it can be effective as a cure for every trans person

It's like you people don't even understand how science works. It needs more testing. It could be that that one case study was a fluke.
>>
>>8562399
>sample size: 1
>taking away all feelings altogether counts as taking away dysphoria
yeah being a total zombie might have worked for that single person
>>
>>8564102
It really doesn't matter now. There was no anti-dysphoria pill or button to push. I went all in on transition and I'm glad I did. I don't have a gender dysphoria diagnosis now, just an unspecified endocrine disorder.
>>
>>8564143
>It's like you people don't even understand how delusions works.

fixed
>>
>>8564196
>It's like you people don't even understand what a delusion is.

fixed
>>
>>8562399
That's not really a cure. The person had schizophrenia and therapists are already aware that in severe cases of schizophrenia it can occasionally cause gender dysphoria.
They have used antipsychotics to remove gender dysphoria in other schizophrenic people as well. But it's not like it works if you don't already have a diagnosed pre-existing condition of schizophrenia.

Even in the one case study from Brazil where there was a lesbian girl that had suffered 8 years of severe schizophrenia and she developed gender dysphoria after like 6 or 7 years of being schizo they gave her antipsychotics and it didn't 100% get rid of her dysphoria. She still wanted to present butch and everything they just said she was becoming more comfortable with her own body after treatment.

The people it has worked for had long histories of severe schizophrenia and in those situations it would be obvious to the person that something is wrong with them beyond simple gender dysphoria.
>>
>>8562399
You missed the beginning of that abstract there.

>The case is reported of a gender dysphoric patient who responded successfully to pharmacotherapy with pimozide.
>An adult male patient with a borderline learning disability presented with cross-dressing and a strong wish to undergo a sex change.
>Supportive psychotherapy and pharmacotherapy with pimozide was tried.
>caption
>Pharmacotherapy with pimozide should be considered in cases of doubtful gender dysphoria.

So we've got a sample size of one, borderline retarded and probably not trutrans to begin with. Thanks for getting my hopes up, asshole.
>>
>>8562399
Last bump. With a little of help you people can recover from your self inflicted delusions (And not dig into the delusion).

Take care.
>>
>>8564322
>trutrans
>not delusional disorder
Take it and see it. There is a way out.
>>
>>8562399
transsexualism has nothing to do with psychosis so taking an anti psychotic would do shit to you other than essentially giving you the personality of a washboard which you could consider to be cured but to what fucking cost?

They used to perform lobotomies on trannies back then as well as many other supposed "mental illness" because there was no cure and so the only thing they could do was to forcefully fuck the brain so it didn't feel those feelings anymore, except it made you lose your entire personality.

You honestly think the medical community at large hasn't already done this shit to try and help people like us? The best treatment is transition with the current technology and it will eventually reach a point where we can fully heal transsexualism with stem cells, reverse aging, and gene therapy. Probably after that epigenetics would be involved if the future becomes 1984 status
>>
>>8564485
k, give me a study more substantial than an overhyped anecdote showing it's efficacy and I will.
>>
>>8564189
I know it kinda doesn't matter not, I just want to understand why.
>>
>>8563490
>I get that you don't want a "cure" because it either seems too good to be true or you've been exposed to so much "muh feel good movements" that you don't get that life would genuinely be better for most, if not all afflicted.
No, it's that the "cure" you're promising simply doesn't exist. Having gender dysphoria disappear overnight would be great. But it's not going to happen.
>>
>>8564918
It's hard to explain if you haven't had dysphoria but I would have pushed a button/taken a pill to be cis-female. To do the same to end the dysphoria and live my life as a cis-male would seem like condemning myself to hell or turning me into a completely different person. Transitioning was about being myself. To live life as a male would have meant becoming a totally different person, and I wouldn't have wanted that.
>>
>>8563074
Our suicide rates are not high post-op, stop falling for stupid memes.

>>8562399
I said this in the other thread where this was brought up, but here is my reasoning for not trying this again:

1) The potential side effects are terrifying, and far worse to me than the outcome of medical transition.

2) There's no guarantee that the med won't wear off. What happens if you develop a tolerance and it stops working when you're 40, 50, etc.? Then what? Transition THEN? What if you marry, what if you have children, etc. Why would I complicate my life like that when I can transition now, KNOW that it's not going to "stop working" like a medication can, and while I'm still relatively young and single?

3) Also, didn't mention this before, but gender is very fundamental to your sense of identity. If we develop a way to "cure" transgenderism, it must be a cure applied at a very young age. If I suddenly felt like my sex and assigned gender matched, I literally wouldn't know who I was as a person anymore.

So even if this worked, it is not a magic pill. And no, my refusal to take it is not proof that I am too nuts to advocate for my own health. I've taken other psychotropic drugs for other reasons in the past; and while I don't regret that, it REALLY taught me that brain-altering meds are not to just be fucked around with.

My brain is FAR more important to me than my genitals.
>>
>>8564322
>borderline retarded
No, "borderline learning disability", which plenty of posters on 4chan could be diagnosed with.
>>
>>8562590
Give it a couple years freak.
>>
>>8565012
No, that's actually what it means, anon. Borderline retarded. They're correct.
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.