[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trangender Discrimination by Gender

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

So I was wondering if there are any significant differences when it comes societal acceptance between MtF and FtM trangender people.

I personally don't know any transpeople but have been fortunate enough to have learned about it at a young age.
It seems like being trangsgender has become something that more people have started to accept, or at least know about.
Still there seems to be a lot of judgment on the part of people that "accept" transgender people.
With the way the genders are typically characterized there seems to be idea that when someone steps away from masculinity this is seen as some kind of weakness, but that going from the feminine to the male would be very different.

I don't know, as I've said I personally don't have any experience but it seems to me that with the way society views masculinity and femininity there would be some kind of interesting differences when it comes to transitioning from one to the other.
>>
>>8552007

ugly MtF (non-passing) people will always be treated like shit unless in a hugboxxing area

It's harder for MtF to have a successful transition but I think more people are interested in dating them than FtM.

FtM have an easier time transitioning and most will end up passing if they take hormones long enough and actively put on muscle but it's harder for them to get in relationships.
>>
>>8552007
Womyn-born-Womyn events allow FTMs and not MTFs.
>>
>>8552015
I figured that passing has to be a huge part of this.
I guess I'm wondering more about tolerance based purely on the fact whether someone is MtF or FtM.

Since there are transgender people that want to serve openly in the army as their desired gender, there has been a lot of confusion, but things seem to be moving forward. However, from what I've heard (anecdotal evidence, I know), FtM soldiers have an easier experience as opposed to MtF soldiers.

Of course the army is a very specific and traditionally very male community, so it's not entirely representative. But with the way we talk about "manning up" as something positive and "acting like a girl" as something more negative, you'd think that would have some an impact on people that don't feel comfortable with their assigned gender.

Maybe I'm wrong about everything. I honestly don't know and I'm curious
>>
>>8552134
Passing privilege.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.