[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Domestic Violence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: USMC-07144.jpg (10KB, 220x198px) Image search: [Google]
USMC-07144.jpg
10KB, 220x198px
I'm straight so I wasn't really aware of it untill i read this
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_violence_in_lesbian_relationships
Apparently all of the lgbt community has big numbers in cases of domestic violence but none of them were clear which made me wonder if you were aware of it? And if you have suffered this kind of treatment in a relationship?
If this is a problem as wikipedia suggests i think a thread is needed, even if it's just to get help from anons.
>>
>>8545150
Women are more violent because they know they can get away with it.
>>
>>8545150
So I've been in several short-term and long-term relationships in my lifetime. Plus numerous FWB's.

I have been in two relationships that turned violent at the end but during the relationship they were OK. I can take care of myself so I think people generally won't mess with me.
>>
>>8545162
Lesbians are men that were never taught not to hit.
>>
>>8545377
lesbians are men with female privilige. They can feel more safe to hit others. They area special, protected class.
>>
File: but_that's_wrong.jpg (28KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
but_that's_wrong.jpg
28KB, 396x400px
>>8545150
>all of the LGBT community has big numbers

No, Lesbians and Transgenders do, Gays have below Hetereosexual levels.
>>
>>8545150
Did you skip this part?

"Literature and research regarding domestic violence in lesbian relationships is relatively limited, especially in the United States, United Kingdom, and Australia. Many different factors play into this, such as "different definitions of domestic violence, non-random, self selected and opportunistic sampling methods (often organisation or agency based, or advertising for participants who have experienced violence) and different methods and types of data collected".[11] This causes results to be unreliable, thus making it difficult to make general assumptions about the rates of lesbian domestic violence. This has caused rates of violence in lesbian relationships to range from 17 to 73 percent as of the 1990s, being too large of a scale to accurately determine the pervasiveness of lesbian abuse in the community."
>>
>>8545432
>lesbians are men with female privilige.
Probably the most profound single sentence ever posted on /lgbt/.
>>
>>8545432
>>8547535
[citation needed]
>>
>>8545686
as a lesbo, from what i've experienced, lesbian couples are way more ready to turn to violence than straight ones. for a whole bunch of reasons that im not gonna post since i lost interest in typing this halfway through,.
>>
>>8549938
>for a whole bunch of reasons that im not gonna post since i lost interest in typing this halfway through,.
Please tell.
>>
>>8545150
I've never encountered physical abuse either in my own relationship or those of others. I always figured it was a lesbian issue.

My partner has only ever hit me once in anger and I deserved it.
>>
>>8552379
>My partner has only ever hit me once in anger and I deserved it.
Battered "wife" syndrome: the post.
>>
>>8552379
The only scenario where you deserve to be hit by your partner (or anyone), is if you hit or attacked him/her first, or if you are striking somebody else. So unless you were doing any of these things, you did not deserve to be hit, doesn't matter if you were being an insufferable little shit or anything, your partner had many more appropriate options than to hit you.
>>
>>8545150

https://mainweb-v.musc.edu/vawprevention/lesbianrx/factsheet.shtml
Here's a fact sheet with cited sources and some advice. Hope it helps.
>>
>>8545150
>Domestic Violence
You meant cis lesbian general aka bulldyke gen?
>>
>>8553089
even then, it's not really even deserving unless the person you hit needs to hit you back to get you to stop attacking.

Otherwise, the adult non-abusive thing to do is leave the situation and break up.
>>
>>8553089
It's very easy to say that without knowing the details. I was being intolerably selfish and he warned me twice. The way I see it, I got off lucky.
>>
>>8553216
>1991-1999
You have anything in the last decade? Those sources wouldn't be accepted at a university.
>>
>>8556227
Nice sources yourself btw.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.