[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does HRT change your personality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

does HRT change your personality?
>>
>>8539857
Yes
>>
Yes. The moment that poison enters your body, you become something less than human.
>>
T = more angry
E = more cry-e
>>
Yes. The moment you stop your body from poisoning itself, you can finally be human.
>>
>>8539857
hmm, that's hard to answer. I don't think HRT changed my personality, but rather I felt more free to express my personality when on HRT and more accepted as a woman. I'm the same person, but there are some subtle mental changes. It made me feel "more like myself", if that counts.
>>
>>8539876
It's medication not fucking unicorn blood
>>
>>8539887
You just wanted to show your butt on the internet.
>>
>>8539890
Yeah... (((medication)))
>>
>>8539900
You know every time I see those stupid parentheses I immediately lose interest in anything you might have to say
>>
>>8539884

well thats a fucking dangerous outlook.
>>
>>8539857
honestly some stereotypes ppl say about men and women are true. On testosterone I was quicker to anger. On estrogen I feel emotions more powerfully. I'm more empathetic, I think. It didn't effect most things in my life, I'm the same person, enjoy the same hobbies, etc. But the biggest personality difference for me is, on estrogen I hate myself a hell of a lot less.
>>
>>8539908
I cry everytim..
>>
>>8539884
>the moment you warp your natural human body you can finally be human
Had to warm up the ol' gray matter for this one...
>>
>>8539932
>nature worship
Essentialist naturalism reeks of theology–the sooner it is exorcised, the better.
>>
Nothing changed for me other than crying more.
>>
>>8539945
Nah, I like the truth. It's nice and dependable.
>>
>>8539956
But you're anti-truth, you have an obsession with abstractions and idealistic anti-scientism.
>>
>>8539961
>hates naturalism
>likes science
Wtf this made me think again
>>
>>8539964
Nature is a state of being, not an authority, science has made its mark through improving nature, to worship the previous conditions is to be essentially a luddite and to depend on fixed ideas perpetuated through ignorance and fear.
>>
>>8539970
>improving nature
>making fake women
Wow... i just... my eyes are finaly open
>>
yes and no.

You're still you at the core, but your natural instincts and emotional-reflexes will change.
>>
>>8539977
Don't you have a tree to molest, ted? Nature is not an authority, concepts like true and false nature is implying that the chaos that brought us to where we are is somehow superior to the intentional design of humanity, which is clearly not the case you anti-tech primitivist shitter.
>>
>>8539857
it made me sympathise with women on another level. you really feel different inside and it's hard to explain but emotions can overwhelm you at times.

also it's made me realise how boys can be really fucking oblivious and insensitive of your feelings sometimes and it'll drive me insane.
>>
>>8539983
>anti-tech primitivist shitter
not a part of this convo but I'm just sayin, Shakespeare's got nothing on 4chan insults
>>
>>8540047
Yeah, it's a real thing. Incidentally this is really why radfems hate us, we know the truth and can call bullshit on their "gender is 100% socially constructed" game
>>
File: mWqrwvB.png (73KB, 370x280px) Image search: [Google]
mWqrwvB.png
73KB, 370x280px
>>8540056
Not just radfems but SJWs too
>>
>>8539857
No. Anyone who says otherwise is delusional and buys into stereotypes too much which causes the placebo effect.

I'm a femboy who's been on HRT for years and I can confirm that my personality didn't change, because I'm comfortable being male so obviously never bought into the "muh woman feels i'm so bad at math now teehee - xoxo alice" meme
>>
File: gdfdasfdgs.jpg (319KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gdfdasfdgs.jpg
319KB, 1920x1080px
>>8540047
basically this 100%
>>
>>8540047
>>8540834
tl;dr E makes you irrational.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
When your eating a box of these and crying your ass off in an empty bathtub. It might be the estrogen
>>
yea. you become stupider. and cry more.

unless youre talking about ftm then idk
>>
To say otherwise would be to claim that hormones have no effect on mood, sexuality, or any other aspect of brain function (or that T and E have exactly the same effects). Clearly not true, see studies showing brain structure changes on HRT.

my personal experience is exactly what would be expected given male and female differences, obviously subject to bias, but i've switched between them multiple times and had the same impression:

T
>more anger
>more emotionally stable
>more motivated
>more risktaking
>more sex drive
>more attracted to women
>more physically oriented
>better at videogames (wew)
>more of a feeling of sharpness, clarity, energy
>in music, more interested in timbre, percussion, rhythm, dissonance

E
>more emotional
>more crying
>less sex drive
>more attracted to men
>more risk averse
>more empathy
>more of a feeling of fluidity
>in music, more interested in melody, voice, harmony

something like that
>>
>>8541016
this is really accurate. well done anon. though I know me and several other people I know have gotten significantly more forgetful on E, memory seems to be worse.

also on video games I totally lost interest lmao
>>
>>8539887
Yeah, I don't think anti-androgens and estrogen made me more interested in cars, but it easily could have made me less self-conscious about that.
>>
>>8540911
Lol did you actually do that
>>
>>8541022
That sounds like a serious problem rather than a common effect, my T is below female range and I don't have that at all. Go get yourself checked.
>>
>>8541047
Its not like its particularly noticeable. just little things here and there that I might not have in the past. I've been off, on, off, and back on hrt and it seems to correlate. its pretty subtle though.

the whole on/off/on/off thing has been useful for actually figuring out whats the effects of hrt and whats just other stuff

that said I'll ask my doc about it anyway. thx
>>
>>8541016
>>more anger
>>more emotionally stable
>>
>>8541065
there's no condradiction
you can be more emotionally stable overall and still be more prone to a specific emotion
>>
>>8541016
>>8541065
Men are not naturally less emotional, they are conditioned to be. Just look at the different reactions boys and girls get from crying. This is the so-called fragile masculinity.
>>
>>8541112
That's another great point.
Like, for another example, I've heard that T might increase appetite but boys are definitely socialized to eat more than girls
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>8541112
>this difference is 100% social conditioning and not affected by biology or hormones
how could you possibly know that
there's a lot of research indicating that hormones affect emotions differently
>>
>>8541330
Actually we know from T that hormones DO affect it, in the opposite direction of the stereotype.
>>
>>8539857
No. It makes you react differently to things. This can feel like your personality has changed a bunch.

>>8541016
>>T:
>>more attracted to women
When my system was dominated by T I was more interested in both dudes and chicks but not by alot. On E, anything woman or woman shaped totally does it for me. What gives?

>better at videogames
I, actually got better after E, Oddly enough.

>more sex drive
My Sex drive has increase exponentially after I started HRT. It functions differently but my desire for sex has increased.

Is all of this a cause for concern? Because I feel like I should be concerned.
>>
I'm mtf, started hormones at age 21

>pre hormones
>asexual, masturbated 3 times in my life
>estrogen, testosterone blockers, progesterone
>insatiable sex drive, lust after everyone with almost no preference as far as gender, body types, race etc. masturbate several times a day to keep it from bleeding into the rest of my life
>been on hrt 3 years and it's even worse now than when I started

I don't understand it all
>>
>>8541022
My memory got worse on hormones too.
>>
Personality? No, but it did take me half male attracted and almost asexual
>>
>>8542675
What age did your dysphoria kick in?
>>
>>8543031
When I was 8 or 9 is when it first got noticeably bad.
>>
>>8543042
How feminine were you as a kid?
>>
>>8541016
Measuring my personal experience:
> more anger
I wouldn't say i had more/stronger anger, but I was more quick to come to it
> more attracted to women
For me attraction was just different. On E it's less visual, more holistic. I remained mainly attracted to women on both hormones
> better at videogames
Lol what? Didn't notice any change, and doubt you could attribute it to hormones anyway. (sn: did you know one of the best Tetris: The Grandmaster players in the world is trans?)
> sharpness, clarity, energy
> empathy, fluidity
generally agreed desu. It's subtle but you see the world in a different way.
> music
Not really sure what you mean here, could you clarify? I have pretty much the same music taste and I'm skeptical hormones would change that
> more emotional, crying
100%. Emotions are stronger, flat out. On T emotions are dull and easier to suppress
>>
>>8543131
>videogames
I just feel like T made my reflexes, spatial thinking etc. better
Could be bullshit. It could make sense though, like males being more selected for things like combat and exploration.
>music
Just that the types of music I was interested in shifted towards more emotionally focused stuff. I used to be only interested in select genres with a focus on timbre/percussion/rhythm and totally hated anything with vocals or anything overly melodic. But post HRT I grew a big interest in the kind of stuff I would've hated before. I think it's just that melody goes hand in hand with empathy/emotion.

I make music too, and I was making the same sorts of tunes for years and years, but after HRT it starting shifting in the same way. And now I couldn't really make the type of music I used to make if I tried, like, my brain just doesn't work like that anymore?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.